PDA

View Full Version : Browns starting safety out.......

Stairwayto7
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM
......... for knee surgery. The defensive backs were already weak, now this. Once again I hate to see anybody get hurt, and this is part of football, but this is the only steady defensive back.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/

Troyisabeast_43
09-10-2008, 03:51 PM
......... for knee surgery. The defensive backs were already weak, now this. Once again I hate to see anybody get hurt, and this is part of football, but this is the only steady defensive back.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/

Devistating news once again for the Browns seeing that Jones is definitely there best player in that secondary which is already not very good to begin with. Not looking good for the Browns at all I can see a 0-4 start to their season very easily seeing that they have to go on the road to Baltimore and Cincy for back to back division games after the Steelers game this week..

If the Browns lose Sunday night, it doesn't set them up well going in to Baltimore. I don't care how bad people think they are.
The season for the Browns is Sunday night. They have to win to avoid the suck of the drain and falling apart totally.

Stairwayto7
09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I agree. its too bad thats its do or die week 2 LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2008, 06:15 PM
that's what happens when you go from a 4th place schedule to a 2nd place schedule, suddenly all the games that you would normally have a good chance in are more difficult than ever. I don't want any slip ups this weekend, we need to go in and establish ourselves right out of the gate and not let up.

Stairwayto7
09-10-2008, 07:13 PM
that's what happens when you go from a 4th place schedule to a 2nd place schedule, suddenly all the games that you would normally have a good chance in are more difficult than ever. I don't want any slip ups this weekend, we need to go in and establish ourselves right out of the gate and not let up.

No doubt, bring the heat early, and keep bringing it!

steelcityrockers
09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
He was their defenses best player. Shame *eye roll*

Clevelandsux
09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Safety Sean Jones will be out 4-6 weeks.

Troyisabeast_43
09-10-2008, 09:08 PM

I hear ya TG my thoughts exactly I dont want to see any reflections or signs that this is the same team from last year on the road in Cleveland on Sunday night. I dont want to see what happened in such games as Denver and the Jets last year where the Steelers get behind early, and come out flat, and give up big plays and beat themselves. I truly believe that if the Steelers beat the Browns on Sunday night and put them 3 games back with the tiebraker 2 games into the season, with as bad as the Ravens and Bengals are this year the Steelers will run away with the AFC North division.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Last year we had this same opportunity in late November was it? When we had the chance to go up 3 games on the Browns and seal the division but we let that chance slip through our fingers and it came down to week 17 before we even knew for sure if the Browns were going to make the playoffs. This team needs to be out of their misery early on and not be given the chance to even think about climbing into the playoff chase. This is our division and we need to act like it. Be prepared, play hard, no stupid mistakes and no cheap points for the Browns. It's a primetime game so we need to make the first move and take the crowd out of it and let the black n gold faithful in the stands do the cheering.

Tomlin needs to have them settled down but still ready to go, coming out flat is not an open we can afford with a golden chance this early on in the season.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree we gotta keep the petal to the metal,and just run right over these guys. It would definitely give us a little breathing room BUT this is only the second game of the season and we still have an awfully tough schedule in front of us!!

ToothAche
09-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Its amazing how giddy we are now that the NFL season has begun, AND we look damn good our first game. We are going to lose every now and then. I just hope those loses, if and when they do come, are to legit teams, not to teams such as the Browns or anyone else in our division. I see a handful of games that are going to be tough, but I see alot of games that should be total domination, and some much needed fourth quarter rest for a lot of our starters.
Steeler fans are some of the best around the league as far as knowledge for the game, and standards. We expect to win, and expect to see good football being played. There is nothing else I would rather be than a Steelers fan, but if they lose to this worthless Browns team, I may go into football exile for a few months.

Tomlin better have his boys ready to kick some @ss! Cause if they dont, he will have the title Assistant placed in front of his name, at some community college

jpele
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
If I were being drafted by the Browns,I would seriously have to consider playing in Canada. Cleveland were players go to become busts o get staph infection.

We as fans can take the Browns lightly, but I doubt that the Steelers players do. Anyway I ee a game similar to last weeks.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-11-2008, 01:00 PM
The Clowns were playing possum, Josh Cribbs will play reciever an kick an punt returner, Brodney Pool will play,Hadnot will play,an Stallworth is an game time decision, so i hope the Steelers come ready 2 play,put the pedal 2 the metal an finish these bums off, Big Ben should have an 300 yard day passing on these bums b4 the 3rd quarter:crossfingers:

ejsteeler
09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
We've all said it numerous times....we can only beat ourselves this weekend. The clowns cannot beat us at our best. :yellowthumb:

Steelx
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
From what I heard this could be an all year thing.