PDA

View Full Version : Release Rucker, sign Nance to practice squad

NOVA STEELERS
09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Steelers cut Rucker, sign WR Martin Nance

The Steelers made a roster move today, releasing wide receiver Micah Rucker from the practice squad and signing wide receiver Martin Nance to the practice squad. Nance, 6-foot-3 and 213 pounds, was a college teammate of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at Miami, Ohio. Nance signed with Buffalo as a free agent-rookie out of Miami in 2006, was released and wound up with the Minnesota Vikings.
He's played one career game in the NFL, with Minnesota in 2006, and has four receptions for 33 yards.

Guess they didn't believe in Rucker anymore :dunno:

SteelerSal
09-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Ben had great chemistry with Nance at MofO and maybe it can spark back up in the NFL.
Kinda seems like the team is desperate to find a WR and they were not sold on Rucker. Sweed is nowhere near ready to even suit up on sundays and Nate seems to be suffering from the dropsies again.

Prosdo
09-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks Sal. I was going nuts trying to figure out where I knew the name Nance from. lol

MDSteel15
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Man, that sucks!!! I was really hoping Rucker would come thru.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
It always makes sense to surround your QB with weapons he's familiar with or has the chance to build a good on the field rapport with. Nate had a pretty good preseason and its only 1 game that he dropped the ball in yesterday so it's not time to throw in the towel on him just yet. I still say Sweed & Baker need to alternate weeks of being active so they both get time and experience.

Iron City South
09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Nance was widely considered day #1 draft material a few years ago just before he blew his knee out. This is a good move .... Nance is an upgrade over Rucker and I have zero expectations at this point. Anything he can contribute is pure gravy ...