PDA

View Full Version : Fans ejected from Steelers game

jpele
09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Ten fans can count themselves among the first victims of the NFL's new fan code of conduct policy, Pittsburgh police Sgt. John Fisher said.

Heinz Field security ejected the fans from the Steelers' 38-17 victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday, because of alcohol-related incidents, Fisher said.

Fisher described the number of ejections as average, but intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment are among the laundry list of items NFL brass said they're cracking down on in its fan policy.

Fisher, who has worked for the Steelers since the stadium opened in 2001, said none of the 10 ejected fans was arrested or issued a citation.

It was unclear whether the fans -- or those fans who own the seat licenses -- would lose their season tickets. Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett repeatedly has said the team would not comment on fan ejections.

In addition to cracking down inside the stadium, visibly intoxicated fans will not get a pass when entering Heinz Field, Fisher said.

"We'll be watching," said Fisher, who supervises about three dozen off-duty uniformed officers inside the stadium during home games. "By the time the game starts, most people have done the majority of their drinking outside.

We're cracking down on that, and we will turn people away."

No fans were turned away at the gates Sunday, Fisher said, but the 1 p.m. kickoff and an early Steelers lead could have contributed to what he called "a pretty uneventful day."

TRIBUNE-REVIEW (http://www.pittsburghlive.com:8000/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_587307.html)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2008, 04:51 PM
if they continue to enforce this the ratbirds, clowns, and bengals will be playing to empty stadiums :bwah:

TampaSteelGirl
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
if they continue to enforce this the ratbirds, clowns, and bengals will be playing to empty stadiums :bwah:

if they do that at the Browns stadium after everyone throws their beer bottless there will only be Steelers fans left!! :hilarious:

Clevelandsux
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately jerkoffs like you see at clowns games are what brought this upon the NFL.

I live in NE Ohio and refuse to go to games in Cleveland. I have no problem with some rowdieness, but I'm paying to see a game. I don't want to have to worry about getting my eyes blackened because the jack off behind me doesn't like the colors I wear. You can't take kids to games.

Some people try saying "passionate fans". I say more like drunk *******s who want an excuse to start trouble. Half of these jagoffs are so drunk and high by 10:00 AM, most of them don't even make it through the first quarter.

I'm glad the NFL started cracking down. Nobody should have to take abuse or get spit on by some disorderly fan. I know football isn't a church choir, but when there start to be safety issues something needs to be addressed.

The NFL has needed to do something for years.:cope:

KSSteelerfan
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
That should pretty much clean out the group of Raider fans known as the "black hole" in Oakland........:lol:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
RIGHT! Clowns an Oakland has 2 b the worse fans in the world!!

JB 67
09-10-2008, 01:56 PM
They kick you out now for being drunk Dammit.. :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Philly, Cleveland, and Baltimore are notorius for having the worst fans in the world, you can bet the next time I go to a Steeler game in ratbird stadium I expect it to be atleast a tad more reasonable. Last time we went there my wife damn near got jumped in the ladies room and my buddies and I nearly ended up in atleast a half dozen fights just defending our safety, our wives, and the Steelers. It's just not good to be that stupid at a game.