PDA

View Full Version : It's Clowns Week !!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I say a big HELL YEAH!!!!!!! Come on Steeler Nation,share your views!!!!!!!!Even why you think that they will, is relative to this thread.:tt02::stirpot:

JensK
09-08-2008, 01:13 PM
A small breakdown from my site:

Browns Offence vs. Steelers Defence: This is where the battle is won or lost imo. The Browns have the weapons to kill most teams in this league, if they get their offence rolling. That is why we'll need our Defence to be there and play a tough tough game. Im hoping that they'll let Troy help the secondaries throughout the game, since he seems like that is what he does best atm, and we can't affort to have him fooling around in this game. We need all 11 players to be there at every single play.
If our D-line and LB's can put preasure on DA (which i have no doub they can) i think our defence will have an edge against the Browns offence.

Steelers Offence vs. Browns Defence:

Well. Its not a real competiton here. Browns defence still suck, even though they got a few new players. They just didnt do very well. I know they faced the best o-line in the league when they had Dallas against them, but our o-line isnt all that bad this year. We also have a big advantage in Browns secondaries. They just plain suck, and ben have shown us that he can bomb deep. Holmes have shown us that he can run the deep rutes, and catch the ball. So can nate and hines, so i think if we can just hit them deep, it'll be no match for the steelers. I think we have a really good chance at running against them on the outsite rutes. Them seem a little slow out there, and willie would have a pretty good chance of doing some great things there. They have some big guys in the middle of their D-line, which is going to be hard to run against. Barber showed that it is possible though.

Special Teams: Ouh yeah.. We lose here. Cribbs is a monster (if he returns), and even though we did show some good signs, im not sold on ST just yet. This will def. be the test. We need to shut them down, so they don't get a good field position. That is really important.

Overall: I think the steelers have the best team, with the most talent on. We have a "small" advantage on Defence and offence. Browns are desperate though. They know they need this victory, and they need it bad. They can't affort to lose against the steelers and get behind with 3 games. And no way they can affort it when they are playing in Cleveland.

I predict that Steelers will win, but its not a gimme game. We need to be there on every single play, and not just in 3 quaters.

WHO RIDE??? (sorry ive been wanting to shout that out loud since we won yesterday -.-)

LatrobePA
09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
If they can get pressure on DA early and often and keep them from finding a rythem, I say no problem...

Ben will need to be damn near perfect, NO TURNOVERS!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
:brownssign::crybabyclowns: :brownssuck:

It's Clowns week

the mistake by the lake will be 0-2 after this weekend!

BlackGold4vr
09-08-2008, 01:34 PM
The Clowns CANNOT beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. We can only beat ourselves by making mistakes and handing them the game. They do not possess the talent to impose their will on us. We on the other hand do possess the talent to impose our will on them. I expect another blowout. I believe our defense is better than Dallas's and if Derek Anderson played poorly against their pressure, he will collapse under ours! :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
IF we play like we did yesterday and we don't play down to them or just beat ourselves with dumb mistakes and turnovers we will win this game no problem. We have the personnel to take this game and never give them a chance. It's important that we start out strong and rip their hearts out early so we can get in their heads. If we do that there's no reason we shouldn't win this game easily. Once we start smacking them around and they see that all that money they spent in FA hasn't done them any good, we'll see who's king of the AFCN!

That being said, the team needs to stay focused and game plan for this week only..taking care of business in the division is the first priority!

LatrobePA
09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Better fire An. Smith up and get him on the field, he is the key, smash them in the face and they won't want to catch the ball!!

K Train
09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
whats funny is DA started 8/11 and finished 0/9....thats typical DA.

shaun rogers was exposed in a 34...he can rush the passer from the interior line, but we knew that...hes god awful against the run.

this game wont be fair

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Way ta start the sparks a flyin "Steel Brothers"I'm sure the Texans thought that they also had a chance to beat us.We struck so hard and fast,that i don't think our playbook got off of page one.We didn't even need to turn the page.We got an added bonus though,we play Dallas later on,and we have some extra film to look at for not only our coaches but our players. That is sooooo cool.Not that we look past this game,but i am sure we will remember that film come due time.It is kinda an added bonus for us.If our Special teams hold steady over the first quarter of this season,i will for sure "start" to believe we have made a step in the right direction.I have confidence that the o-line will only continue to gell.I thought they were rather impressive considering all the heat they took!!!!Guess they had something to prove to us,and the nay-sayers.Our secondary bent a little bit but never broke,i look for those guy's to step in up against the"Clowns,that will be even more down bye the lake".If they are drowning,throw them the old "Steel ball and chain" so we can make them sink even faster.No life preserver here!!!!!!Maybe they will come to realize that we are the"Steelers",otherwise know as the "Clowns Slayers!!!!!"

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I know our OL can hold up against the Browns front 7, that's no great feat...the key will be our front 7 against their offensive line. they've got some good players so getting to DA will be paramount. Once we do that and start rattling him it'll be all over.

Down with the Clowns!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/lizanichnj/brownssuck.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/sports/nfl/2zznocle.gif

http://www.browniessuck.com/KidsaysClevelandSucks.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd46/failmath1/25091.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2190/2124178523_8dbf16ea2d.jpg

SteelerSteve
09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I know for a fact that Woodley and Harrison are going to destroy their will. Then Ben and the offense just have to clean up the scraps.

memphissteelergirl
09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
The Clowns CANNOT beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. We can only beat ourselves by making mistakes and handing them the game.

:plus1:

Stairwayto7
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Living in NE Ohio, this game is a must for us. They do have some weapons on offense, and thier defense is not as good as Houstons, so i like our chances.

PsychoWard
09-08-2008, 03:47 PM
:brownsflag:

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
The Bowns weapons are only as good as their gameplan. They know the run isnt their best option, so that leaves them with trying to pick up the blitz and using short quick passes to set up the long pass. This game plan can lead to a lot of 3-and-outs, and possibly turn-overs. The Steelers have the best linebacker crew in the league, so I am not worried about the Browns as long as we limit our mistakes.
But this is why the games are played............

steelerschick1220
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I am super excited for this game!!!!! I cannot wait until Sunday night. I think that we will run by a pretty good margin. Ben and co. will pass all over them, then we will run it down their throats and our D will give Anderson nightmares.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Hope i can put this in here,but it has to do with "Clowns'' week. Hope no one will mind.
STEELERS PRIDE
The Steelers brand of football is coming into your town.
You better beware if you're a "Cleveland Clown".
From start to finish,ya better pay attention;
so many ways to beat you,not enough time,or space to mention.
Through the middle,or around the outside,
you are about to experience some"Steelers Pride".
Over the top,maybe even underneath,
you'll come to learn the name of a guy named Heath.
We can strike up the middle,right into your guts,
out for one thing,thats to kick your "Cleveland Brown" butts!
You might not agree,with all that i say,
I'm sure Mr.Woodley,doesn't see it that way.
"Big Ben"and his crew,will be there for the fight,
so get ready"Cleveland",your in for a long night!!!!!
STEELERS-31 "CLOWNS"-17:tt02:

steelerschick1220
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
^ What a very nice poem........I liked that very much.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
thankyou steelerschick,i appreciate that.STEELERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

IF we play like we did yesterday and we don't play down to them or just beat ourselves with dumb mistakes and turnovers we will win this game no problem. We have the personnel to take this game and never give them a chance. It's important that we start out strong and rip their hearts out early so we can get in their heads. If we do that there's no reason we shouldn't win this game easily. Once we start smacking them around and they see that all that money they spent in FA hasn't done them any good, we'll see who's king of the AFCN!

That being said, the team needs to stay focused and game plan for this week only..taking care of business in the division is the first priority!

I want to see Jamall go 17 carries for maybe 48 yds.
Go Clowns..............to the bottom of the pack!!!!!!!!:tt02:

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Will that poem fit on a headstone?

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Hope you don't mean mine!!!(LOL)

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
no not your tombstone!!! haha

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm sure if you chisel it just right,and use proper spacing,it could fit into a Clowns graveyard somewhere bye the lake,on some Clowns fan tombstone!!!!!Then they would be in peace!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Jamal Lewis is not as hard of a back to stop as people think, he's never had consistent success against us with the Ravens or the Browns. He's had good games here and there but by in large when you fly to the ball and gang tackle him continously he wears out and then he's just another back that falls by the way side.

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:21 PM
yeah!!!! Jamaal Lewis's tombstone!!! Good thinking Top Gun!!!!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
This Sunday night he will fall by the "lake side!!" Nice point TG.:tt02:

[AutoMerged Post Below]
should we all pitch in for his stone..........i have:2cents:for it.:tt02:

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I just dont see them being able to keep up with the run game. I am sure they are working on a lot of three and four wide sets to try and exploit our secondary.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
In other words they are still wasting thier time?I guess why not,they have all season and the rest of thier existance to try and figure us out.Someday i think they may pull off a meaningless win,but i can't see it anytime soon.This is not a meaningless game and i think Tomlin has our boys,i mean men,realizing that.The "Steelmen" know what is ask of them,and expected of them.I firmly believe that.I agree with "TG",but we can not make mistakes bye the lake either.I really feel confident that our team has only scatched the surface of what we are capable of.I don't think at this point we expose more than we need to. Cut down on that film for later down the line.When we have to turn that second page.......look out!!!!!But we have to dial up enough to win each game.All units,working together in tandem!!!!!!Clowns go down!!!!!!!!! STEELERS-31 Clowns-17:tt02:

Clevelandsux
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
clowns got an asskicking coming.

Dean Denton
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I cant wait for the game. I think it will a good game, but we still win by 3 scores. I dont see the Browns hanging with us late in the game. The Texans have a better Defense then the Browns, and we busted them up in a hurry.

jpele
09-08-2008, 07:03 PM
http://usera.ImageCave.com/jvpele/flush.gif

http://usera.ImageCave.com/jvpele/Drive.jpg

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Good God almighty look at you now.Get your @ss a bath and then get to your room!!!!!I don't want to see you until i call for you.Do you understand me??? Do you???Your not getting any supper either. I don't want to hear your cryin!!! Go before i give you something to cry about.(LOL).

[AutoMerged Post Below]
you think i'm kidding? I'll beat all your little @sses i'll get the right one.
Now who took you there?LOL:evilshake:

Stairwayto7
09-08-2008, 07:48 PM
http://usera.ImageCave.com/jvpele/flush.gif

http://usera.ImageCave.com/jvpele/Drive.jpg

Thats funny.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 11:12 PM
The clowns need to be put in their place, they got humbled on sunday by a very good Dallas team and they have to be licking their wounds now. We're coming into their house and we're going burn it down !!! :towelwave:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2008, 11:25 PM
whats funny is DA started 8/11 and finished 0/9....thats typical DA.

shaun rogers was exposed in a 34...he can rush the passer from the interior line, but we knew that...hes god awful against the run.

this game wont be fair

You, me have been saying since they made the moves that both Rogers and Williams are not good fits for the 3-4.......

Browns defense won't stop our offense...No way......The Browns WR's are really banged up......They really don't have anyone to support Edwards.....They do have Soldier Boy Winslow at TE but Anderson sucks in his short game.....Even if Winslow is open it won't matter since I'm sure Anderson will struggle to get him the ball at times....:lol:

Cribbs has been hobbled by injuries so far...He usually is a thorn in our side.......But I bet he will be a non factor this game....I really like the Steelers in a blow out....

terrible.towel43
09-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I found the browns fan site called. dawgbones.com and one their homepage they have a poll asking "Do you still think the Browns can win the AFC North" the options are
- Yep, 1 game does not a season make. << lol that not even a typo..
- Maybe, injuries are a big concern
- No, This team sucks

The funniest part are the results.
50% said No this team sucks
40% said yes they can
10% said Maybe

LOL these losers realized this division is ours. I think By MOnday after we trounce them 90% will say their team sucks LOL :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Well of course their fans do that, they are the biggest bunch of whiners this side of Mississippi :lol: THey are so used to sucking for long that even now at the first sign of trouble they bail :lol:

DawgBone
09-09-2008, 12:21 AM
I believe our defense is better than Dallas's and if Derek Anderson played poorly against their pressure, he will collapse under ours! :yesnod:

Oh yeah, we will collapse under the Steelers defense just like DA did last season. Come on now.... how do you think DA will collapse under the Steelers defense with our offensive line in front of him? You guys keep thinking this is a easy win and I will let the Browns prove to you it's not with a hard fought win on Sunday.

I have to give you guys props though. You guys destroyed the Texans, but who can't? You guys played a weak team. The Browns are not a weak team.

JensK
09-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Oh yeah, we will collapse under the Steelers defense just like DA did last season. Come on now.... how do you think DA will collapse under the Steelers defense with our offensive line in front of him? You guys keep thinking this is a easy win and I will let the Browns prove to you it's not with a hard fought win on Sunday.

I have to give you guys props though. You guys destroyed the Texans, but who can't? You guys played a weak team. The Browns are not a weak team.

The way you played against Dallas, it was not weak, agreed. It was pathetic. And our defence is much better than Dallas' so you will get under more preasure than against dallas, and DA didnt look good unde preasure.. At all. If you read the site, you'll see that most believe it'll be a rough game. We do like our chances though!

ARKIESTEEL
09-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I think the key to this game is the play of our LB's. If we can keep Anderson moving around and getting knocked down then he will have "happy feet" in the pocket as the game hits the 2nd half. I wouldnt count out Lewis as a weapon, but I think the way Hampton played last week that the middle of the line is very strong. If we can come out strong get up by 10 or so and force the Stains to make Anderson win the game then the LB's will be in for a fun day of "lets kill the QB". Some one posted about making Troy stay back and cover the pass...I think you let Troy be Troy and do the things he does. The Browns have a good deep ball but they have to have time to throw it if we can keep Anderson wondering where the rush is coming from then we can stop it. I think or DB's match up fairly well.

Not worried about the Browns D at all. They let Romo stay in the pocket most of that game and when they brought up enough to put pressure on him he found the left open man.

All and All we go up to 2 and 0 the browns end up 0 and 2

final 28 to 14

ToothAche
09-09-2008, 08:36 AM
The Steelers mau keep it close against the Browns. Why waste good plays and expose all of our weapons when we can just hold the football for 40 minutes and run it down your throats?

:brownsflag:

:brownssign:

LatrobePA
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM

As the same the Cowboys played a weak team Sunday as will we on this Sunday night. You don't have to smack DA to get him off his game, just compress the pocket, that's what we did last year with an OK pass rush. This year will be full contact, DA and his size 21 shoe will not escape it!!

steelerschick1220
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I want our D to make Derek Anderson cry.........

TampaSteelGirl
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I think it's going to be a good game, won't be too close but the Browns didn't do too bad first quarter against Dallas but then crumbled. I do believe our Defense is better than Dallas as others have posted. I think we'll have alot of pressure on DA, Woodley and Harrison will have him on his back! We will run all over their defense.
I heard on Sirius radio yesterday that they were talking about how much time Romo had in the pocket! They were saying that they could have brought a chair out for him to sit on and throw the ball. :hilarious:
I see another Steelers victory!!! :yellowthumb:

And DAWGBONE/DAWGS....the Texans are not a weak team, they just aren't as good as the Steelers!!!

yinzer
09-09-2008, 12:34 PM
blah blah blah blah... ben shouldn't even have to throw once. we can just force it down their stain throat. no problem.

moodytlw
09-09-2008, 02:21 PM
We are going to the game this weekend. I have not been to a Cleveland/Steelers game in Cleveland in a very long time, ..like 25 years ago or so. I am going w/my 15 year old son. We are in the endzone, are the games as crazy as I remember when I was a kid and should I be telling my son to leave his S. Holmes jersey at home? (hope its okay to ask on this post, couldn't figure out where else to ask)....

LatrobePA
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
We are going to the game this weekend. I have not been to a Cleveland/Steelers game in Cleveland in a very long time, ..like 25 years ago or so. I am going w/my 15 year old son. We are in the endzone, are the games as crazy as I remember when I was a kid and should I be telling my son to leave his S. Holmes jersey at home? (hope its okay to ask on this post, couldn't figure out where else to ask)....

Wear your black in gold with pride, you'll find alot more Steeler fans there than what you'd think. Just don't take offense to their drunken mouths...

Oh yea, expect a few beer showers if we start thumping them....:tt02:

jpele
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
http://usera.ImageCave.com/jvpele/ClevelandFanOintment-1.jpg

http://usera.ImageCave.com/jvpele/go browns.jpg

http://usera.ImageCave.com/jvpele/Terminate.jpg

Stairwayto7
09-09-2008, 04:13 PM

WHo have the browns beat recently, as far back as last season? Nobody? So you had 10 wins against chumps!
Steelers dominated both games last year. The second game, the browns had a first down on the first drive, then not again until four minutes to go, our defense dominated. It was two returns from Josh Cribbs and one good drive for the browns.
We`ve gotten better, O-line looks stronger. More depth at running back. D-line is healthy again. Both safeties are healthy again. And our linebackers are as good as linebackers get.

TampaSteelGirl
09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Well on NFL Sirius radio yesterday they said that the Browns only beat 1 team with a winning record last year....The rest of the games were teams that sucked!! :yellowthumb:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Last year is last year and last week is last week!

Our Oline is NOT as good at pass pro as DAL. Yes we are better than last year, but DAL's o line is tops in protecting Romo! On the same token, CLE doesnt have a pass rusher like Mario Williams. I really think ben is gonna have ample time to throw the ball this week just like last week. If we can get the run going early i like our offense to open this game up in the 2nd quarter.

If the Browns O stands a chance agaisnt us, its gonna be playing mistake free on O and sustaining long, point producing drives. I dont see that happening. I think because both teams know each other and that there is talent all over the field, this game is gonna start out close and physical.

We need to establish our O and get a good lead early. If we can take Lewis out of the equation DA wont stand up to our pressure with no run game to lean on. I see this one getting ugly in the late 2nd quarter just like last week!!!

41-16 steelers!!

Clevelandsux
09-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I never like to be overconfident. The Browns almost beat us the second time last year. But, the Browns have showed me nothing throughout the preseason and the Dallas game. I disagree that Ben will have to be flawless.

But, from what I saw we should roll them, business as usual. I think Parker will have another huge day. I think our defense will rattle D.A. Braylon Edwards is a butter fingered loud mouth. My main concern on the Browns is Josh Cribbs. He almost single handedly beat us last year. If we contain Cribbs, we should have no sweat.

The Browns defense showed nothing this week. They got no pressure on Romo at all. They were totally out of gas. And there secondary is weak.

I'll say 27-13 Steelers.

Stairwayto7
09-10-2008, 07:15 PM
cribbs is the ONLY reason the the second game was close last year. The brownies had two first downs on the opening drive, then no more until 7 minutes to play.

I hope we aren`t taking them litely, thats the only way we could stumble. We have the better team.

Silverback 92
09-10-2008, 07:28 PM
clowns gonna take another beatin, last time Ben lost in ohio ..... NEVER !!!!

Clevelandsux
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
You, me have been saying since they made the moves that both Rogers and Williams are not good fits for the 3-4.......

Browns defense won't stop our offense...No way......The Browns WR's are really banged up......They really don't have anyone to support Edwards.....They do have Soldier Boy Winslow at TE but Anderson sucks in his short game.....Even if Winslow is open it won't matter since I'm sure Anderson will struggle to get him the ball at times....:lol:

Cribbs has been hobbled by injuries so far...He usually is a thorn in our side.......But I bet he will be a non factor this game....I really like the Steelers in a blow out....

In order to run the 3-4 you must have good linebackers. The Browns linebackers aren't playmakers. They are not good enough to play the 3-4.

ToothAche
09-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I just visited the Clowns homepage, their polls strongly suggests that the entire Browns nation wants to sack Big Ben. Not real worried about Willie, not too woried about the deep pass, not too worried about Heath over the middle, they just want to hit Ben. Goes to show us how much football knowledge the Cleveland fan base has. But then again, what do they know about winning football games?

SteelfordWexler
09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
In a division game, protecting home field is paramount. The Browns obviously haven't done that since like 1947 or something, but all of the pressure is on them.

If we win dejection, self-doubt, frustration and despair will run rampant in Cleveland. We could see a change at QB or a coach on the hot seat.

Opportunities like this don't come along often. We could set their franchise back another 10 years. Seize the opportunity and humiliate the Browns! Make them fight it out with Cinci for the highest draft pick in the division.
:tt02:

jpele
09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
The Browns almost beat us the second time last year.

That was Cribbs, the Browns had nothing to do with it.:yellowthumb:

ARKIESTEEL
09-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Them shorter high booming kicks that we did last week should allow us to get folks down in front of Cribbs. Dont forget this guy is also a little on the banged up side hisself.

28 to 14

jpele
09-11-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEB7mNwhAQA

steelerschick1220
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I do not think that this game will be close at all. The Browns have shown me nothing that convinces me that they will put up a fight. Unless Pittsburgh underestimates them and makes stupid mistakes, I think this game will be over by halftime. Ben and Willie will both have big nights and our D will play lights out. I say we roll by the score of 35-10.

SteelerSteve
09-11-2008, 07:23 PM

I have to give you guys props though. You guys destroyed the Texans, but who can't? You guys played a weak team. The Browns are not a weak team. Okay, the Texans arent a great team, but niether are the Browns. Texans defensive line is waaaaaaaaaay better than the Brown's, but look what happened we did whatever we felt like doing to them. DA will be under alot of pressure in this game too, because I dont know if you noticed but with woodley and Harrison in there, our pass rush is amazing. Browns got exposed last week, and its gonna happen again.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2008, 11:22 AM
2 days left till we kick the Clowns *** and crush their hopes and dreams for 2008 !!

:brownssuck: :brownsflag: :brownssign:

Dean Denton
09-12-2008, 11:42 AM
2 days left till we kick the Clowns *** and crush their hopes and dreams for 2008 !!

:brownssuck: :brownsflag: :brownssign:
This really should be a blow out like last year. We really need to jump on them early, put um to bed, and get ready for the next road game. The Browns should be used like the Texans were. I tune up for the next couple of weeks. IMO....

BlitzburghNation
09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/rivals/th2.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/rivals/clevelandstillsucks.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/smostle/rivals/Clownslas11-17-061.gif