PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hits

jpele
09-08-2008, 10:33 AM
The Steelers have won six consecutive openers, best in the NFL, and haven't lost a home opener since 2000 when they were shut out by Baltimore, 16-0, at Three Rivers Stadium.

Ben Roethlisberger is 40-16 as a starting quarterback in the regular season.

Willie Parker's 32-yard run in the third quarter matched his longest run from scrimmage in 2007, the 32-yarder at Cincinnati Oct. 28.

The Steelers converted six of their seven third-down opportunities through the first three quarters, by which point they led 35-3. ... Parker had 92 yards on 11 carries in the second half.

Hines Ward had two more touchdowns in the red zone yesterday, giving him 35 since 2002. Only New England's Randy Moss has more (36) in that period. Ward has caught at least one pass in a team-record 147 games.

Link (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08252/910380-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

AZ_Steeler
09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Ben is behind 3 other players for all time winning percentage (Brady, Rivers and Romo are currently ahead of him).

Dean Denton
09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Ben is behind 3 other players for all time winning percentage (Brady, Rivers and Romo are currently ahead of him).
Rivers and Romo...thats funny.. I dont like either one of those knuckle heads. Ben will pass them both in time. Brady...thats another story. That guy has won alot of games....

JensK
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Romo was plain sick yesterday against Browns. Admited, he has the best O-line in the league, but man... He is throwing so beautifully and accurate. He is amazing at finding space aswell, and then he seems to be more patient than last year.

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately, with the boy-next-door Brady going down, and the Maning boys not having that GQ look, Romo will be the leagues next Chosen One. The league will continue making money on merchandise sales, and also explore getting more female fans by showing the ladies his cute little dimples and remind us of how he is dating Jessica Simpson, the woman all women want to be. (God, I hope I am wrong)

Stairwayto7
09-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Week One is over, now how do we do? We need to ride this momentum. Don`t overlook any team

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok, this just in!!!! Patriots Tom Brady is done for the year. BUT!!!!! Lance Armstrong is coming out of retirement to lead the Pats to their first Tour de France victory!

MDSteel15
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
How can you even have them on the list? How many games have they played in? Come on.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Week One is over, now how do we do? We need to ride this momentum. Don`t overlook any team

That's been our MO in the past when going up against teams that we "should" beat, we end up not showing up or playing down to the competition. I would hope they have learned their lesson and Tomlin needs to keep them fired up. They seem to be grounded and not taking anything for granted so we need to make sure it stays that way.

Dean Denton
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
That's been our MO in the past when going up against teams that we "should" beat, we end up not showing up or playing down to the competition. I would hope they have learned their lesson and Tomlin needs to keep them fired up. They seem to be grounded and not taking anything for granted so we need to make sure it stays that way.
I agree...