PDA

View Full Version : Browns pretty much face a MUST win game versus the Steelers next week...

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Ive stated this before on here putting the Browns at 0-2 and going up virtually 3 games up on them 2 weeks into the season with the tiebraker in hand would be devistating to the Browns. The Browns you gotta think will definitely be a desperate desperate football team next week and know that they will be facing close to a MUST WIN game against the Steelers if they dont want to be baried early on here in the season. That could also make them very dangerous as well next week too. I mean this is a huge huge game next week its for all practical purposes a 3 games swing either way because if the Browns win they will be tied with us with the tiebraker in hand,and if the Browns lose they will be 2 games behind with the Steelers having the tiebraker in hand. That will be a very very tough deal for the Browns to overcome this early on into the season...I dont want to sit here and say with as bad as the Bengals and Ravens are that the game next week in Cleveland could already decide this division but it's not totally out of the question from where we sit right now to say that it very well could.

K Train
09-08-2008, 12:31 AM
they are in over their heads, its funny that a must win is a cant win

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 12:38 AM
the Browns will be feeling the pressure next week because they won't want to go down 0-2 starting out the year and more importantly they won't want to go down to us right out of the gate. Their psyche is in a delicate spot right now, if they lose to us next week the doubts will set in and the questions will be raised even more than they are now.

K Train
09-08-2008, 12:39 AM
could you imagine being a brown right now.

that would suck

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 12:43 AM
I can't imagine being a Brown anytime, that would suck in itself :lol:

BlitzburghNation
09-08-2008, 12:50 AM
More of a must win for us than the stains,,,,,,,If we lose,that will boost there confidence and if they lose that will give us a huge jump on the north,,,,,But it's still awful early to say must win !!!!

Still have a tough :moon: schedule ahead of us,but dam we look good right now :towelwave:

roosterray
09-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Can't wait to stain the browns. Big win will catapult us for the rest of the year. And when Baltimore and Cincy get beat. We'll be on the road to division domination. We need to win 6 division games and we can survive our schedule Houston was 8-8 last year. Sure didn't look good at all. 1 down. 10 wins for the division 12 to win home field the way things look early. :) 56.68

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2008, 12:56 AM
More of a must win for us than the stains,,,,,,,If we lose,that will boost there confidence and if they lose that will give us a huge jump on the north,,,,,But it's still awful early to say must win !!!!

Still have a tough :moon: schedule ahead of us,but dam we look good right now :towelwave:

With the way the Colts,Chargers,Jags,and Browns looked today and of course Tom Brady now being out for the season this schedule looks and pretty much got a lot easier today then it was when it first came out when everybody was going crazy over it in my opinion.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 01:05 AM
There's still alot of football to be played and things can change as the season goes on but the schedule has definitely swung alittle bit in our favor at this point. We can't take anybody for granted though and we need to come out with a purpose and a vengence every week no matter who it is. If we can put up performances like we did this week, consistently this year we can be scarey good but again let's not get ahead of ourselves because we need to dispatch the stains this coming weekend. So far so good though.

Clevelandsux
09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
I say we give the Clowns a prime time ***-kicking. I'm sorry, not to disrespect any opponent. But, from what I saw today I can't see it any different. The Browns have showed me nothing all preseason, and they got manhandled by the Cowboys today.

So nothing in my imagination can give me much doubts of anything different. Our defense is not the Bengals where Anderson will put up 51 points. The Browns defense could not stop the run today and put vertily no pressure on Romo. Dallas should have won by more had they not had a ton of penalties.

I say the only way we lose if we make a ton of mistakes or let Josh Cribbs (if he plays)beat us.

I think we'll win and win big!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, it does change the whole make up of the NFL season if Tom Brady is out. The Colts looked horrible tonight. Peyton looked a deer starring into headlights. Yes, Chargers and Jags lost but I think they can rebound. But, the pats losing Brady is huge.

Cassell is not a great back-up. Mainly because Brady hardly misses games. I'm not even sure the Pats make the playoffs without Brady.

DBR96A
09-08-2008, 01:57 AM
**** Cleveland and their delicate psyche! I don't just want to beat them next Sunday night; I want to mind**** them on national TV, in front of God, their families, and everybody in this country with even a remote interest in football!

With that said, a wounded animal is most dangerous, so our guys need to keep the same focus they played with today.

blackngold29
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
The Steelers better win this game, not because they're the better team or the Browns are a division opponent, but because if they can't beat the Browns they're screwed when their schedule gets tough.

K Train
09-08-2008, 03:39 PM
honestly....lets think about that, brady is out, the chargers lost, the jags lost, manning looked terrible, the browns are sports most overrated team, the giants werent exactly sharp and the cowboys and eagles are both good teams.....our schedule is hard based on last year and last year alone....its really not looking that bad all of a sudden

blackngold29
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
honestly....lets think about that, brady is out, the chargers lost, the jags lost, manning looked terrible, the browns are sports most overrated team, the giants werent exactly sharp and the cowboys and eagles are both good teams.....our schedule is hard based on last year and last year alone....its really not looking that bad all of a sudden

While all that is absolutely true, we still gotta win the games. Manning won't be bad all year, we thought we had the Jags last year (twice) but lost, Browns are over-rated but every team has that one week where they catch all the breaks. We have to make sure that it isn't against us.

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2008, 03:47 PM
The Steelers better win this game, not because they're the better team or the Browns are a division opponent, but because if they can't beat the Browns they're screwed when their schedule gets tough.

I think they should be able to take care of business and win this game against the Browns as well but by no means will it be an easy game. The Browns will be a very desperate football team and you gotta think that they will play much better against the Steelers this week then they did against the Cowboys. They know that losing the first 2 games of the season at home and falling 2 games back of the Steelers and really 3 games with losing the tiebraker would be devistating for them to start the year.

With that being said the way the Browns defense looked yesterday not being able to stop the Cowboys run or pass at all most of the day and with all the injuries they have on defense and especially on offense being very thin at receiver I just dont think they are going to have enough when push comes to shove to beat the Steelers next week. Santanio Holmes was a non factor yesterday completely and the Steelers still beat the Texans by 21 points. And Ben and the offense said they didnt even show half of the playbook for most of the day because they were up so big and Ben got removed from the game in the 3rd because of the big lead. I look for another big game from Ben,Parker,and Holmes and Ward and I think the defense lead by guys like Woodley and Harrison should be able to give the Browns enough fits next week to secure a victory. The Browns just have too many problems right now with injuries and I think mentally in their heads with confidence I believe to beat the Steelers the way they are playing at this point and time.

SteelerSteve
09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
The funny thing is that yes, when good teams are backed into a corner they are the most dangerous. The Browns arent a good team. Period. Colts are declining, Pats dont have Brady, Chargers lost to the panthers. The AFC is ours this year. Mark it down. I'm tired of hearing the whole "lets not get ahead of ourselves" line that I've heard so many times before, were fans. What we think and say wont affect the outcome of the Steelers season. So **** all the other teams. What I've seen so far from the steelers is a physical, disciplined, fundementally sound team, and that most of the so called "power house" teams in the AFC dont have **** on.

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM

If I am the Pats,Colts, Chargers and Jags I would definitely be concerned obviously the Pats are in huge trouble with Brady being gone for the rest of the year. It pretty much wipes out of their status as being the best team in football and having a chance to do anything in terms of the playoffs and Super Bowl. The Colts got smacked around in their new stadium by a pretty mediocre Bears team that has no Quarterback and gave up a ton of rushing yards and their defense looked terrible once again. And in week 2 they are staring at Adrian Peterson and the Vikings on the road after giving up a ton of rushing yards to a Matt Forte of the Bears. The Colts could very well be 0-2 after this weekend. And the Jags lost 3 starting offensive lineman yesterday and could not run the ball with Taylor and Jones Drew at all yesterday and Garrard was sacked 5 times as well. The Chargers lost but it was on a last second miracle play from Jake Delhomme to Rosario in the end zone. Still, the Chargers looked very vulnerable trailing in that game at home for most of the time and have already lost a tough game at home that they cant get back against a team they were suppose to beat. So all 4 of the favorites aside from the Steelers in the AFC are in huge trouble after 1 week into the season and have a lot of work to do and improving to do to show that they are for real and are going to contend this year in the AFC.

SteelerSteve
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
If I am the Pats,Colts, Chargers and Jags I would definitely be concerned obviously the Pats are in huge trouble with Brady being gone for the rest of the year. It pretty much wipes out of their status as being the best team in football and having a chance to do anything in terms of the playoffs and Super Bowl. The Colts got smacked around in their new stadium by a pretty mediocre Bears team that has no Quarterback and gave up a ton of rushing yards and their defense looked terrible once again. And in week 2 they are staring at Adrian Peterson and the Vikings on the road after giving up a ton of rushing yards to a Matt Forte of the Bears. The Colts could very well be 0-2 after this weekend. And the Jags lost 3 starting offensive lineman yesterday and could not run the ball with Taylor and Jones Drew at all yesterday and Garrard was sacked 5 times as well. The Chargers lost but it was on a last second miracle play from Jake Delhomme to Rosario in the end zone. Still, the Chargers looked very vulnerable trailing in that game at home for most of the time and have already lost a tough game at home that they cant get back against a team they were suppose to beat. So all 4 of the favorites aside from the Steelers in the AFC are in huge trouble after 1 week into the season and have a lot of work to do and improving to do to show that they are for real and are going to contend this year in the AFC.Yeah, didn't last nights loss to the Bears end an unbeaten september streak for the colts too?

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, didn't last nights loss to the Bears end an unbeaten september streak for the colts too?

Yes it did and the Colts looked very very bad last night losing by that big of a margin to a very very mediocre Bears team. There is no way I see the Colts beating the Vikings this coming weekend down in Minnesota playing the way they did last night against the Bears. The Vikings defense is just as good if not better then the Bears D who got to Manning a ton. Plus, the Colts run defense looked terrible and are now have to face Adrian Peterson on the road in a game they are going to need to win to avoid starting off 0-2 not a very good situation for the Colts and a situation I am sure that any of their players or fans pictured happening to start the season.

K Train
09-08-2008, 04:55 PM
dont forget tomlinson hurt his toe and didnt do **** yesterday and gates is really banged up.

garrard threw 2 picks yesterday, he threw 3 all last year

it looks like were in pretty good shape considering we were damn near perfect yesterday and houston is no pushover offensively or defensively

steelerschick1220
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
We are a better team then the Browns. Actually, we are eons better then the Browns. If we don't give the Browns anything less then a good, old fashioned beatdown on national tv, I will be really dissapointed in this team.

AFC is completely and totally wide open now. I think the Colts should be happy with that Super Bowl because that is all they are going to get, Jags didn't play very well, Chargers lost to a Carolina team that I think will be good, and now the Pats are in a world of trouble. I know it is only week one, but I feel pretty good about our chances to contend in this divison.

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
dont forget tomlinson hurt his toe and didnt do shiat yesterday and gates is really banged up.

garrard threw 2 picks yesterday, he threw 3 all last year

it looks like were in pretty good shape considering we were damn near perfect yesterday and houston is no pushover offensively or defensively

Here are the Jags,Colts,Chargers,and Pats next 5 games and you will see that none of these games are cakewalks by any means for any of these teams. Either the Colts or Jags are guaranteed to start 1-2 seeing that they play each in week 3 and if both somehow do win this week which is no guarantee one will obviously lose the week after which will put one of them at 1-2. The Pats is a bit easier but keep in mind when Tom Brady is no longer your QB and Matt Cassell now is all bets are off.

Jags schedule
Sun 9/14 Buffalo 1:00 pm
Sun 9/21 at Indianapolis 4:15 pm
Sun 9/28 Houston 1:00 pm
Sun 10/5 Pittsburgh 8:15 pm
Sun 10/12 at Denver 4:05 pm

Colts schedule
Sun 9/14 at Minnesota 1:00 pm
Sun 9/21 Jacksonville 4:15 pm
bye
Sun 10/5 at Houston 1:00 pm
Sun 10/12 Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 10/19 at Green Bay 4:15 pm

Chargers schedule
Sun 9/14 at Denver 4:15 pm
Mon 9/22 NY Jets 8:30 pm
Sun 9/28 at Oakland 4:05 pm
Sun 10/5 at Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 10/12 New England 8:15 pm

Pats schedule
Sun 9/14 at NY Jets 4:15 pm
Sun 9/21 Miami 1:00 pm
bye
Sun 10/5 at San Francisco 4:15 pm
Sun 10/12 at San Diego 8:15 pm
Mon 10/20 Denver 8:30 pm

SteelerSteve
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Yes it did and the Colts looked very very bad last night losing by that big of a margin to a very very mediocre Bears team. There is no way I see the Colts beating the Vikings this coming weekend down in Minnesota playing the way they did last night against the Bears. The Vikings defense is just as good if not better then the Bears D who got to Manning a ton. Plus, the Colts run defense looked terrible and are now have to face Adrian Peterson on the road in a game they are going to need to win to avoid starting off 0-2 not a very good situation for the Colts and a situation I am sure that any of their players or fans pictured happening to start the season. What was the exact score for that game? I managed to watch the Steelers and Browns games yesterday, but due to the hurricane down here I got cut off from finishing the sunday night game.:evilshake:

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2008, 05:21 PM
What was the exact score for that game? I managed to watch the Steelers and Browns games yesterday, but due to the hurricane down here I got cut off from finishing the sunday night game.:evilshake:

They lost 29-13 and just never were in control of the game. The Colts defense looked terrible especially against the run, and Manning and his offensive line looked very very bad and not comfortable with one another. I am sorry if you lose to the Bears who let's face it are not a very good team especially on offense by that big of a margin at home to start the season especially in the first game in your new stadium where most teams usually end up winning you have a lot of problems and are by no means anywhere near close to being considered a Super Bowl contender in my opinion.

steelerschick1220
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Colts did not look good at all. Their run defense was as bad as it was a couple years ago. And next they will face Adrain Peterson and a pretty good Vikings D. I would not be overly shocked if they were to start out 0-2.

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Jeff Saturday's absence had alot to do with that game. But, the Colts defense was softer than a mountain made of Charmin. Their had about as much bite as an eathworm on tranquilizers. The bears just didnt make any mistakes either, which is what the Colts style of defense depends on.

Now if you will excuse me, I must go deposit more SA gold into the SA bank.......oO( I wonder if the SA Bank could bail out Freddie Mac )

SteelerSteve
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
They lost 29-13 and just never were in control of the game. The Colts defense looked terrible especially against the run, and Manning and his offensive line looked very very bad and not comfortable with one another. I am sorry if you lose to the Bears who let's face it are not a very good team especially on offense by that big of a margin at home to start the season especially in the first game in your new stadium where most teams usually end up winning you have a lot of problems and are by no means anywhere near close to being considered a Super Bowl contender in my opinion.
Nope. The best part is though how crisp our offense and defense looked yesterday. I knew our defense was gonna be awesome, but everyone was worried about our offensive line which did very well against a great group of linemen from the texans. I think if Ben is able to get the ball out as quick and safely as he did yesterday we are gonna be an unstoppable force. Last season I was excited about our team, but in the back of everyones mind we had to wonder if it was because of an easy shedule that we started so hot, which it kinda was. This season though, even though it was the texans. I am loving what I'm seeing. Very solid special teams and good o-line play is what we lacked last season and I think we have that now.

Stlrs4Life
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM

I can see your point, but, it is still early yet.

Stairwayto7
09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
On the flip side, its a must win for us also, we still have a tough row to hoe. A nice cushion is very important. Lets go Steelers!

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
:tt02: :cope: :helmet: :brownssign:

Dean Denton
09-08-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah, they all looked bad, but the Colts will get into a rhythm. Payton has missed all the preseaon, and this team is a rhythm team. Thats why they always lose in the playoffs after a bye week. but yeas they could be 0-2. The O looked bad the D looked bad, except Sanders was hittin like a truck. Mini Me can bring some pain. I like that dude. He would look good next to Troy out there.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-08-2008, 11:57 PM

AGREED:yellowthumb:

portcityblackandgold
09-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Braylon Edwards put alot of pressure on his teammates by stating, in almost a Dennis Green type of way, that if they (the Browns) lose they are not the team that think they are. But if they win then they are the team they think they are. Now that they have lost to the Cowboys, nothing would suit them better than a victory over the Steelers. Since they are who we thought we they were.

steelerschick1220
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
^ WTH????? It's like Dennis Green inhabited his body or something.