PDA

View Full Version : Anythony Smith & Sweed were inactive

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
We all kind of figured Sweed would be inactive today since Baker was named the 4th WR but I really would like to see him get in on the action more. Riding the bench is not going to help this kid. It's a nice problem to have for us with 3 solid WR's and an up and coming Baker on the roster but I think Tomlin really needs to get this guy as many reps as he can.

Anythony Smith being inactive was a bit of a shocker considering he's a key guy and played a lot of nickel defense for us up to this point. Making Madison the primary backup safety made sense though because he's a ST standout and the Texans have a very good return game.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2008, 07:42 PM
:scratch: Smith is isn't someone I expected to see on the inactive lists! I wondered why I wasn't seeing any big hits from him since there were a lot of them being dished out! :D

yinzer
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
i didn't even notice that. i agree sweed shouldn't be riding the pine. we gotta work him in. BTW, i just got kicked off some texan board. those idiots were trying to say that they lost because of the refs! ridiculous. i had to represent.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
BTW, i just got kicked off some texan board. those idiots were trying to say that they lost because of the refs! ridiculous. i had to represent.

HAHAHA i noticed that too, they were like... "If it wasnt for that bad spot on Schaubs 4th and 1, we would of had momentum" @SSCLOWNS

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I do not understand a second rounder who is not good enough to dress for a game? Somebody better light a fire ubder his @ss

SteelerSal
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I do not understand a second rounder who is not good enough to dress for a game? Somebody better light a fire ubder his @ss

:plus1:

steelcityrockers
09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Eh, Sweed is a rokkie at probably one of, if not the, most difficult position to learn in the NFL. Colleges simply do not implement an entire route tree which really hampers rokie wide out's ability to produce early on.

steelcitysfinestXL
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Eh, Sweed is a rokkie at probably one of, if not the, most difficult position to learn in the NFL. Colleges simply do not implement an entire route tree which really hampers rokie wide out's ability to produce early on.

:plus1: Just be happy we have great "project" waiting in the wings. He has the benefit of learning behind Ward and Holmes. Plus he doesnt have to be "the guy" anyway. Although, Nate really didnt help anyone with his play today. And with the lead we had, Sweed could have got some quality reps in the 4th. Thats my only problem with him not dressing!
I was alot more concerned with the fact that Ant-Smith didnt even get to dress. For what reaon is our starter from last year, not good enough to dress!!? Maybe there is some behind the scenes problem with Smith! Wouldnt be suprised if that was the issue!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Sweed will get his chances to play this year but they have Baker to get reps with too. I would imagine with Nate's contract up next year there's a good chance he may bolt for big money if his season is good. If not he'll probably re-sign with us. Either way I do want them to switch up between Baker & Sweed so they both get reps in the game, they are 2 young top prospects that can really help us but they just need time & experience.

jpele
09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Eh, Sweed is a rokkie at probably one of, if not the, most difficult position to learn in the NFL.

Yea...but Sweed can drop a pass as easily as Washington

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Dallas Baker is alittle further a long than Sweed of course because he's had a year in our system even if it was on the PS but still I tihnk both of these guys are good projects so I hope neither one of them gets left behind this year. I'd like to find a way for us to get them all work consistently if possible.

Clevelandsux
09-08-2008, 01:53 AM
I think Smith is Tomlin's doghouse.

DanRooney
09-08-2008, 02:18 AM
We all kind of figured Sweed would be inactive today since Baker was named the 4th WR but I really would like to see him get in on the action more. Riding the bench is not going to help this kid. It's a nice problem to have for us with 3 solid WR's and an up and coming Baker on the roster but I think Tomlin really needs to get this guy as many reps as he can.

Your boy NateNate is anything but solid :lol:

JensK
09-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Yea...but Sweed can drop a pass as easily as Washington

True, but that is not the factor. If it was, holmes would have been fired yesterday :-P He had a drop or two :/ The thing is: Washington knows the playbook. Sweed is just learning it now.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Your boy NateNate is anything but solid :lol:

Hines & Santonio are a great combo, Nate is solid but not a spectacular 3rd guy but I think he's more than capable enough as of now. He started playing darn well as the year went on in 2007 so I expect him to pick up where he left off and continue to improve. I hated to see him drop that big pass yesterday but we'll see how he does.

LatrobePA
09-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Nate sucks! Lead for hands!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Smith being inactive has to raise some eyebrows. From starter to not playing sorta reminds ya of Starks,lol