PDA

View Full Version : Golden boy Brady knee injury in KC game - **Update, done for the year**

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
So far they aren't saying much about it but he took a real ugly hit to it in the 1st quarter vs the Chiefs. It wasn't a dirty play, he just got it caught up when another player landed into it.

BG32 said he heard rumors that it's pretty serious but no official word yet.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Since it's the Patriots we will never know the full extent of his injury...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
I hope he is done for the year.....Serves him right the douche..........I don't care if I sound like the biggest A-Hole on the planet......Its just how I feel at the moment with all the emotion of the Steelers win going through me....lol

Silverback 92
09-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I dont like when any player goes down (most of the time) , But today well ,it was okay by me...

BlitzburghNation
09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Well he's getting an M.R.I. in the morning,but if the truth was told,he's already had an M.R.I.,,,,,,,,,But we will all know the severity o his injury 2mrrw,,,,,,Also Vince Young had a knee injury,but the patzeez will miss brady more than the titans missing Young !

Any-Who hope there both alright,because when we beat both these teams this year,I don't want any excuses coming from either team !

JensK
09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Knee-injuries is so aweful for a player. I hate Tom Brady, but i really hope it isnt to serious, since injuries is not the way i want to win over a team. I want them to bring the best they are capable of, and then destroy them!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Sorry I have seen to much arrogance from the Pats and their fans so I'm going to take some joy in seeing Brady and the Pats suffer some.....Its probably not as serious as the rumor is indicating.....But its still great to see the Pats fans **** the bed right now......

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Rumors are going around that Brady tore his ACL.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Rumors are going around that Brady tore his ACL.

Yep....I read the same thing also......Even on a Pats message board.....But who knows at this point...I just find it funny the Pats fans are flipping out right now...Hey we were there back in 2006 with Ben's motorcycle accident...I remember reading posts from some Browns, Bengals, Pats, and Ravens fans celebrating that Ben was hurt.....Plus could have been killed...So what goes around comes around....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
The Pats already know, hell they probably gave him an MRI as soon as he left the field but they won't say anything until they have too. I hate the Pats so bad and while I can't stand to see a player get seriously hurt the arrogance of the Pats and their fans just makes it alittle easier to say out loud :D

good point BG32, Karma can be a bitch huh !! :yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry I have seen to much arrogance from the Pats and their fans so I'm going to take some joy in seeing Brady and the Pats suffer some.....Its probably not as serious as the rumor is indicating.....But its still great to see the Pats fans shiat the bed right now......

I couldn't agree with you more... they walk around acting like they are Gods gift to the NFL, so it kind of serves them right! Plus did anyone else notice how CBS has teamed up with the Patriots by opening "Patriots Place" right next door to their stadium! :barf:

Silverback 92
09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
spy gate karma !!!!

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
He is a pretty boy , but he is tough

steelcitysfinestXL
09-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Hes my fantasy QB so its a lil bitter/sweet... I hate the guy with all my heart... but he is great. I dont see them finishing better than 3rd in the east with the way BUF and NYJ looked!! (w/o brady that is)

Bombhunter
09-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Gone for the season...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhqpyRzWCHeVv.er8wa7xGI5nYcB?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Ben came pretty close today too.Thank god he was ok.It can happen quick.Remember Palmer? I think knee support might not be a bad idea.Some already wear them i believe.But maybe justice was served after all!!!!!We all know that injury is part of the game.They will just have to move on.TOO bad they still won.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Ding Dong The Pats Are Dead The Pats Are Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... ..Ding Dong The Wicked Pats Are Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can kiss the play-offs good bye without Brady....It does help they don't play in the toughest division....But I think the Bills or Jets can beat the Pats with out Brady....

It does suck to see a player go down....But I'm sorry the Pats had it coming....especially their fans...

LarryNJ
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I understand how you could be happy about him being done for the year, but I don't like to see anyone get a serious injury. It's much better to see them lose with their best on the field.

steelcityrockers
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Well he's getting an M.R.I. in the morning,but if the truth was told,he's already had an M.R.I.,,,,,,,,,But we will all know the severity o his injury 2mrrw,,,,,,Also Vince Young had a knee injury,but the patzeez will miss brady more than the titans missing Young !

Any-Who hope there both alright,because when we beat both these teams this year,I don't want any excuses coming from either team !

The Titans would actually be better without Vince Young.

Troyisabeast_43
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Yep couldnt have happened to a better guy and a better team. No mercy and no sympathy at all for the Pats and their fans from where I sit...

BlitzburghNation
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Much as i can't stand the patzeez,cows,stains,rats and bung-ho's,,,,,,,,I will not cheer at all for any player getting hurt and no player has it coming,but it is part of the game !

Always think back when :moon: hole Michael Irvin got hurt in Philly and they carried him off in a stretcher and all those :moon: holes cheering,,,,,,,Nope will not stoop to that level,,,,,,,I love the game and want to see no-one get injured,,,,,,,love seeng my most hated teams lose with there studs on the field~~~~~My :twocents: worth,,,,,,,

TampaSteelGirl
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't wish harm on any player....well it was kind of funny when Carson Palmer hurt broke his nose...can't stand that guy but I don't wish career or season ending injuries! I;m not a Pats fan at all but everyone at my Steeler bar was cheering but I just can't do that. I hope he recovers well.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 10:01 PM
He's done for the year..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a95089&template=with-video&confirm=true

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Reigning NFL MVP Tom Brady left Sunday's game against Kansas City after being hit on the left leg, depriving the New England Patriots of the quarterback who last season led them to a 16-0 regular season and their fourth Super Bowl appearance in eight years.

Brady suffered a serious knee injury against the Chiefs that will end his 2008 season, reports NFL Network’s Adam Schefter.

Meanwhile, free-agent quarterback Chris Simms is scheduled to arrive in New England Monday morning for a workout and a physical, Schefter reports. If all goes well, Simms could be a Patriot by the end of the day. Kansas City and Tennessee, each of whom had quarterbacks suffer significant injuries on Sunday, also have contacted Simms.

Brady, who has started 128 consecutive games, went to the turf clutching his left knee midway through the first quarter when he was hit in the pocket by Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard. After being tended to on the field, he walked off, limping, between two trainers.

steelerschick1220
09-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I hate seeing anyone get injured, no matter who it is or if I even dislike them or not, and I hope that Tom has a speedy recovery.

However, a smart part of me feels that after last season, this is a case of karma. If Brady is out for the season, the Pats will be lost. This may mean that the AFC is wide open, which is really good news for the Steelers.

Detox
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Well if him being out for the season devastates the Pats altogether...they're out of "loyal" fans because god knows those bandwagoners aren't going to hang around long..

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Irvin had a neck injury which could have cost him his life our his ability to walk again...I would never cheer when a player suffers a neck injury...I usually don't celebrate player injuries either and its not the fact that Brady is hurt that I'm happy...Its the fact the Pats fans get to suffer with out their boy...Plus the Pats arrogance finally caught up with them....

The Pats have 3 Super Bowl titles this decade...The Red Sox have won two World Series....The Celtics just won the NBA title...Its about time the Bean Town fans have some misery this decade....

jpele
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Did they video tape the injury ?

Steelerlyn
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I guess I am in the minority but as an avid Steeler fan and just plain ole' sports fan, it is pretty common knowledge that the Steelers "hat e" the Pathetic Patsies because of past games we have lost to them and of course spygate. I could go on and on describing reasons Steeler fans despise the Pathetic organization.....BUT>>>

That does not mean I want to see Brady hurt or any other player in the NFL, NCAA, MLB, and all other sporting activites. Until last year when he refused to shake Manning's hand, Tom Brady has been class all the way.
I hope he will be back this year and until then God be with him.

I want him real healthy when we kick their butts.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Tom Brady has been class?.......Tom Brady and the whole Pats organization are anything but class....They're a bunch of arrogant jack bags.....along with their fans....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
The Pats get no sympathy from me, we've had our share of injuries to key players over the recent years. Either you overcome it or you don't, Brady will back in 2009 and he'll be the same old reliable Brady, it's not a career threatening injury or life threatening so if they want to whine they get hugs from me about it ;)

In all honesty I want to beat the Pats at their best, but a win is a win and when we play them we need to destroy them regardless of who is in there.

BlackGold4vr
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
IMO the Steelers are now one of the teams to beat. We have to be considered one of the elite AFC teams at this point. :yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 10:46 PM
The Pats get no sympathy from me, we've had our share of injuries to key players over the recent years. Either you overcome it or you don't, Brady will back in 2009 and he'll be the same old reliable Brady, it's not a career threatening injury or life threatening so if they want to whine they get hugs from me about it ;)

In all honesty I want to beat the Pats at their best, but a win is a win and when we play them we need to destroy them regardless of who is in there.

Exactly.......Hey I want the Steelers to make to the AFC Title game or the Super Bowl...Having Brady gone makes that journey easier....

Plus its not the fact I'm celebrating the injury...Its the fact those arrogant jack bags finally are suffering...A Super Bowl loss and now Marsha Brady is done for the year....:yellowthumb: Cheaters Never Prosper.....:lol:

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-07-2008, 10:46 PM
If i ever get a serious injury,typing at my computer will all you guys toss me to the side? Then just move on without me?(LOL):crossfingers: No?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
If i ever get a serious injury,typing at my computer will all you guys toss me to the side? Then just move on without me?(LOL):crossfingers: No?

No you're not Tom Brady or the Pats....:lol:

jpele
09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Some where Duce Staley smiles. Karma

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-07-2008, 10:50 PM
No you're not Tom Brady or the Pats....:lol:

Thank you Steel brother,cause i never got to ride on the short bus yet.(LOL)

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 10:53 PM

Good point.....Staley was rolling until the Steelers played the Pats in 2004 and Rodney Harrison gave him that cheap shot to his hamstring....What goes around comes around....:yellowthumb:

HUNT4SEVEN
09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
F*** brady an the rest of them cheaters, i hate 2 c anyone go down like that but hey shiat happens.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Adam Schefter is reporting on the NFLN that Brady could have a torn MCL & ACL. More tests to confirm tomorrow.

BlackGold4vr
09-07-2008, 11:40 PM
The Patriots are a mediocre team at best without Tom Brady. They will struggle this year and could miss the playoffs. That game against them suddenly doesn't look so menacing! :yesnod:

SteelerFan87
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM

Good point! Although it would be a little more appropriate if it was Rodney Harrison with a hamstring injury, but with as fragile as that douchebag is it'll probably still happen.

See, now this is why all that stuff about our insanely hard schedule was such an overreaction. The games that look hard one week may look easy the next.

Anyway, this makes the AFC East interesting. I'd have to think the NY Favres are the team to beat in that division now, and the Bills may have a chance to get back to the postseason. Unfortunately for Peezy and the Dolphins, though, they probably can't hope for much more than 3rd place in that division still, although I think they'll be improved with a healthy Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams, a little more experience for their WRs, and Chad Pennington should be an improvement.

Prosdo
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Let's see how long the Pats fans stick with their team now.

jpele
09-08-2008, 01:12 PM
All I keep hearing, is how devastating the loss of Brady is to the Pats,the fans and the NFL . So I have to ask:

1. Will the NFL cancel the rest of the season?

2. If they continue to play games, will the Pats opponents be required to use only seven even defenders ?

3. If Ray Lewis wasn't even at the game,how did he manage 20 tackles ?

Captcoolhand
09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
:markit: Steelers All the way Baby! Where do i go 4 the parade......:banana:

The Patriots are a mediocre team at best without Tom Brady. They will struggle this year and could miss the playoffs. That game against them suddenly doesn't look so menacing! :yesnod:
Like i said b4, Our team suddenly don't look to have the hardest schedule.

NOVA STEELERS
09-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Patsies fans are all :crying: cheap hit, dirty play :blah: :blah: :blah: I don't like to see anyone in the NFL get hurt, not even a bungel, raturd or clown. But I do feel its the NFL God's showing some Karma to the other 31 teams on what happens to Cheaters :2cents:

Captcoolhand
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Patsies fans are all :crying: cheap hit, dirty play :blah: :blah: :blah: I don't like to see anyone in the NFL get hurt, not even a bungel, raturd or clown. But I do feel its the NFL God's showing some Karma to the other 31 teams on what happens to Cheaters :2cents:
reaping what you sow huh? :scratch:

SteelerSteve
09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
**** Brady, **** the Pats and their fans. Oh and **** karma. Theres no such thing. Is it really that hard to believe that he got hurt playing football with almost a thousand pounds of muscle trying to get to him every time he takes a snap?

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
All I keep hearing, is how devastating the loss of Brady is to the Pats,the fans and the NFL . So I have to ask:

1. Will the NFL cancel the rest of the season?

2. If they continue to play games, will the Pats opponents be required to use only seven even defenders ?

3. If Ray Lewis wasn't even at the game,how did he manage 20 tackles ?

I am sure the Commisioner has considered cancelling the season, however, I am sure that we will be reminded how great this Patriot system is, and the NFL will now allow their offensive line to hold a little more to show off how great they can run the ball.

I imagine they will allow Billichick to have access to the defensive audio feed since they arent allowed to video tape the defensive signal callers any longer. After all, he is a genious.

And Ray Lewis recorded all of those tackles. They were counted by Brian Earlicker's personal stat counter.

Stairwayto7
09-08-2008, 03:47 PM
It sucks, I would rather beat them with a healthy Brady, and season long injuries suck for any player.

What I really hate is how devistated the NFL seems, The NFL seems to be on his side all the time, Whats up with that? They cannot stand that he will not be around for the rest of the season. Makes me wonder now why the NFL gave them a slap on the wrist for all the videos

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Who gives a ****. Now NFL 2009 season will all be brady fag this brady fag that

Ambridge
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Gee!! What a shame!! :hehheh:

What really iritates me is listen to the likes of Randy Moss who claims "He's never seen Dirty play in football" and has "Never played Dirty in his career" come out and say that the hit on Tom Brady was Dirty.

Hey Randy!! If you don't know what "Dirty Play" is.....then you're not at liberty to express your dumbass opinion!!

BTW the same goes for Michael Smith who expressed the same opinion as a guest host on the Mike and Mike Show this morning.

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 04:16 PM
would I be going out on the limb if I was to say video taping defensive signal callers as "dirty"?

steelerschick1220
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
^ No, I don't think that would be going out on a limb at all.

Slight rant here, but I am already sick of hearing about Brady and the poor, poor Patriots. I mean, I turned on Sportscenter last night to try and see some Steeler highlights and instead we get like five different segments on Brady and the Patsies. I was so annoyed that I finally gave up and went to bed. I mean, there was nothing different that had happened, so why did we need to discuss it a million times???????? And then the Brett Favre coverage.......don't even get me started on that. I wish they would give these two thier own channel so those of us who don't wish to here about them every five minutes wouldn't have to. Okay, I am done.

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
their own network..............hmmm...................

Coming up next on the Douchebag Channel.......Round table discussion with Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Barry Bonds, and Roger Clemons hosted by Stuart Scott and Chris Berman............

SteelerSteve
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Bandwagon fans are the reason for all of the media hype that the freakin pats and Brady get. Dont get me started on favre, he is one of my favorite non steeler players but I dont know why everyone is so excited. They beat the Dolphins by one lousy possession.:duh:

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I apologize Steve for calling Farve a Douchebag. That whole thing with him was just overhyped, but I do like the guy. Just hate the media.

Is that true about the Dickmeat sandwhiches in Gitmo Bay?

Silverback 92
09-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Did they video tape the injury ?

LOL good one

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
with special guest Dante Culpepper...............The Douchebag Channel, the only network with that "Not-So-Fresh" feeling!

AZ_Steeler
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Season ending surgery!!! Llink to story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AldF_iqfWR82I5TVK.ne5Kw5nYcB?slug=ap-patriots-bradyout&prov=ap&type=lgns)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Tom Brady will miss the entire NFL season with a left knee injury that will require surgery, leaving the New England Patriots without one of the game’s great quarterbacks, their Super Bowl hopes severely damaged.

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
hey AZ, did you catch the nice little piece by Jaworski, calling him a "living legend"?

steelerschick1220
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't dislike brady and Favre so much if it didn't seem like every member of the media were infatuated with them. Like if they could, they would clone Brady and favre's DNA together to make the perfect QB. And maybe throw in some Peyton Manning in there as well.

ToothAche
09-08-2008, 05:29 PM
I can see it now, Tom Brady like pretty boy, out in Mississippi backwoods, hunting a razorback, then he stops, looks at the camera, and shares an Oreo with his little brother...................

BR7
09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Someone talking about Favre? Lets talk some more about Favre!!
\

http://home.satx.rr.com/claneva/madden.jpg

Stairwayto7
09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Someone talking about Favre? Lets talk some more about Favre!!
\

http://home.satx.rr.com/claneva/madden.jpg

Funny Stuff.

steelcityrockers
09-08-2008, 08:00 PM
**** Brady, **** the Pats and their fans. Oh and **** karma. Theres no such thing. Is it really that hard to believe that he got hurt playing football with almost a thousand pounds of muscle trying to get to him every time he takes a snap?

**** Mobb Deep, **** Biggie, **** Badd Boy as a staff label and as a mother****ing crew, and if you down with Badd Boy, **** you too! Chino XL, **** you too! All you mother****ers, **** you too!

Your post inspired that. You should be happy.

steelerschick1220
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I can see it now, Tom Brady like pretty boy, out in Mississippi backwoods, hunting a razorback, then he stops, looks at the camera, and shares an Oreo with his little brother...................

OMG............ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!!