PDA

View Full Version : The offensive line was blocking "loud" today!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Props to the offensive line today,make no mistake about it the Texans front 7 is no group of slouches and considering the flack our front 5 have taken it was great to see them coming out and just establishing their dominance almost right out of the gate.

With the exception of the play just before HT when Ben got crunched they just completely dominated today. FWP had lanes all day long and Ben was able to find the open receiver all day long and make plays.

I watched Hartwig and he held his own pretty darn well and kept the pressure from coming up the middle and not allowing the plays to get blown up from the start like Mahan did last year. I was watching Kemoeatu today too and he had a couple problems pulling early but he was getting better as the game went on and he really started feeling comfortable.

This was just the type of game we needed out of them to build their confidence.

SteelerSteve
09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
To any **** Stain fans on this board, I hope you watched this game so you can see whats to come for your sorry *** team. I cant believe that anybody would even speculate to the browns beating Pitt this year.:stirpot:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 04:03 PM
The OL was fantastic today...I have to give them props.....Hartwig proved to be a huge upgrade over Mahan...Mahan was pushed back constantly all year....Hartwig held his own and did a nice job...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I was really impressed with both Tackles today especially. Colon & Smith just really did their job and both Willie and Rashard had holes on edge all day as long as watching the interior guys really just blowing open lanes and allowing Ben time to throw to virtually anywhere he wanted.

steelcityrockers
09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Marvel did give up 2 sacks, but I can't remember if Williams lined up at a different position on the line.

Blitzburghpete
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Offencive line was great - still a tad shakey at pass protection but run blocking was awsome - as TG said Hartwig was great.

The dee line was also great and put loads of pressure on the texans. I think my favourtie moment was when Eason ran down the RB!!! wow!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Marvel did give up 2 sacks. Although I can't remember if they were directly his fault since the Texans RDE had 2 sacks...

Marvel did have a good game though....Mario Williams is one football player...So he is going to get his sacks....The OL surprised me today....Better then I thought they would be...

Hburg
09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
The O-line's performance made the largest impact on the entire offense today. It was refreshing to see them performing as a complete unit. After watching some of their play in the pre-season I had serious concerns that similar issues from last year would remain. Although it is still too early to say they are completely improved, they still have shown strong signs of improvement.

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Marvel did give up 2 sacks. Although I can't remember if they were directly his fault since the Texans RDE had 2 sacks...

Mario williams is a monster, considering how good he is and how he really was the only player to do anything against us all day it wasn't a half bad job by the big hogs. I didn't like seeing Ben getting taken down but overall they were solid.

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2008, 05:15 PM
The o-line had a couple break downs late in the first half but overall I think they did a good job! Definitely a confidence building day for the entire line and something to build on for next week!

The shot to Bens knee was cheap and should be looked at by the league! :cursin:

Silverback 92
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
O Line was okay today ,still in need of some work though..

mental.apparition
09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Marvel did give up 2 sacks, but I can't remember if Williams lined up at a different position on the line.

Kemo gave up the first sack. Marvel gave up the second but FWP and Ben get some blame on the second as well.

Williams lined up over both tackles today. All of his sacks came against the left side.

TampaSteelGirl
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I was very proud of our Oline today, yes we still have some work to do but for our first game I thought they played quite well, big improvement.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2008, 10:08 PM
I normally can't stand the CBS announcers for the most part, but they coined the phrase today that was so true. The Steelers lined blocked LOUD! You could hear helmets crashing, smacking all over the place, big thuds and grunts when they locked up with their opponent, it was great to see that again!

jpele
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
The biggest surprise was Willie Colon, I had faith that Kemo would hold his own. Hartwig as an upgrade over Mahan was a no brainer

I questioned the hiring of Bob Ligashesky and called for him to be fired every game last year. For one week I'll say Tomlin was right and I was wrong.

Unbelievable performance by our special teams

HUNT4SEVEN
09-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Props 2 the o-line 4 holding their own 2day, we still have an lot of football left but if the o-line holds up i c us having an 12-4 record at the end of the year, if we continue 2 play the way we r capable of playing.

JensK
09-08-2008, 01:57 AM
The biggest surprise was Willie Colon, I had faith that Kemo would hold his own. Hartwig as an upgrade over Mahan was a no brainer

I questioned the hiring of Bob Ligashesky and called for him to be fired every game last year. For one week I'll say Tomlin was right and I was wrong.

Unbelievable performance by our special teams

Well said. Colon played like it ment the world for him (which it better damn do, for every single player on this team! :P)

Mark B.
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Great Play by the Special Teams Unit as well. Good work yesterday guys!

Dean Denton
09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I thought they played good, but not great. This is not the best D-line we will face this year, and they will have to play Louder if they want to keep Ben from getting hurt. He was slow to get up off one of those sacks, and I didn't like it. I didn't like seeing Williams giving Ben that Tomahawk chop either. Thats a good way to get his arm broke. They did ok, but they better get better as the season moves forward, and not fall apart. The AFC is ours to lose, and if we keep it together up front we will be adding a 6th trophy to our collection. This I promise to you all. All the pieces are in place to crush everyone, and its up to the O line to get us there. Everything else is ready.

portcityblackandgold
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
The play of the O-Line has to be a big confidence builder for them. They have been subjected to a deluge of criticism. They earned that criticism. For Sunday's performance they earned a pat on the back for a job well done. Way to go O-LINE