PDA

View Full Version : Antwan Peek out for the season for Browns...

Troyisabeast_43
09-04-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=8787

The Stains take a pretty big hit to their defense losing one of their starting linebackers the entire season.

greg1964
09-04-2008, 03:07 PM
BEREA, Ohio (AP) - Cleveland Browns linebacker Antwan Peek has suffered a season-ending knee injury.

Fantasy Football
Features include:Draft Guide | Live Draft Application
Real-Time Scoring | Expert Analysis
League Stories, Polls, Boards & More
Create A League Today!Coach Romeo Crennel said Thursday that Peek ruptured his right patellar tendon while running during Wednesday's workout.

It's a big setback for a Cleveland defense which ranked 30th overall last year and must face the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

The club will re-sign Shantee Orr, who was waived last week, to fill Peek's roster spot.

Crennel said Orr will likely see playing time Sunday along with rookie Alex Hall, a seventh-round pick who had an impressive training camp and exhibition season.

Peek was signed as an unrestricted free agent in 2007 after spending four seasons with Houston.

Stairwayto7
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Browns linebacker Antwan Peek suffered a torn patella tendon in practice Wednesday and is out for the season. He underwent surgery Thursday morning to repair the tendon, coach Romeo Crennel said.
The Browns re-signed linebacker Shantee Orr to help replace Peek. Orr will see action in the linebacker rotation in Sunday's season opener at Cleveland Browns Stadium against the Dallas Cowboys.

It also means rookie Alex Hall will see playing time behind starting outside linebacker Willie McGinest.

Peek was on track to return from arthroscopic surgery on his right knee July 31st. The Browns were looking forward to a healthy Peek helping to improve the pass rush and take some double-teaming away from Kamerion Wimbley.

DawgBone
09-04-2008, 03:45 PM
You guys will be surprised on how well Alex Hall will play.

ToothAche
09-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Too bad Brownies, must be a terrible feeling knowing that no matter what your team does, bad luck always bites ya in the @ss.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
I am sure t will be a feel good story about how Alex "Arsenio" Hall made the team and all. However, if the rest of the D fails to live up to its over hyped reputation, Alex Hall too will fail.

Atleast the Browns got your hopes up? :brownssign:

yinzer
09-04-2008, 04:10 PM

that depends on what your definition of "play" means. being on the field running around like a chicken with his head cut off doesn't count.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
The browns can't get any luck at all.:tt02:Seems like even fate is against those poor bastards!(LOL)

Clevelandsux
09-04-2008, 04:45 PM
I watched the Steelers-Browns opener from last year the other night. Peek was about the only bright spot for them in that particuliar game. He played a good game.

I don't wish injuries on them. I want to kick there asses with all of our starters and all of there starters playing.

DBR96A
09-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Torn patellar tendon...isn't that what derailed Greg Lloyd's career?

Troyisabeast_43
09-04-2008, 06:27 PM
After all the injuries the Steelers had at the end of last season such as Willie Parker,Aaron Smith,and even Troy and Ryan Clark I dont feel bad for anybody especially the Browns having guys go down. It sucks when it happens but hey you move on and go with the guys you have much like the Steelers did late last season going into the playoffs when they were 1 4th down and 2 play away from winning a playoff game and advancing to the 2nd round.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Indeed, when teams like the ratbirds cry about injuries or anybody else they get no sympathy from me. It's part of the game, it sux but you have to deal with it. star players going down really tests your depth and you realize how you can or can't live without that certain player or players.

Stairwayto7
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM

No guarantees there, He is a seventh round pick that has only played against scrubs thus far. He make be a player, but we will have to wait and see.

Clevelandsux
09-04-2008, 10:11 PM
very true, they are part of the game. I watched tonight's giants-Redskins game. Looks like the Giants might have another defensive starter hurt.

Stlrs4Life
09-04-2008, 10:37 PM
That sucks. Peek was probably there best LBer.

jpele
09-04-2008, 10:37 PM
It sucks when any player gets hurt,but to quote Joey Porter " I laugh at your misery " Hey injures are part of the game, good teams overcome them.

BTW.....God Hates Cleveland Sports (http://godhatesclevelandsports.blogspot.com/2006/07/cleveland-curse-its-kinda-funny-first.html)

DawgBone
09-05-2008, 12:49 AM
That sucks. Peek was probably there best LBer.

It's going to hurt with him gone for the entire season. He's injury prone... but is fairly decent when healthy.

But definetley not our best LB. Kamerion Wimbley is, Alex Hall will eventually.

JoeThomas
09-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Torn patellar tendon...isn't that what derailed Greg Lloyd's career?

thats derailed alot of players careers. two recent browns too, bentley and baxter. it seems to be the kiss of death.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-05-2008, 01:14 PM
LOL,LOL,LOL man the browns suck, u better hope that over paided defense can hold up for 4 quaters against the cowgirls, cause the week after that u won't post here no more LOL:greengrin::hilarious: it sucks 2 be an browns fan huh?:hilarious:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

thats derailed alot of players careers. two recent browns too, bentley and baxter. it seems to be the kiss of death.The Clowns r the kiss of death :hilarious::hilarious:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Indeed, when teams like the ratbirds cry about injuries or anybody else they get no sympathy from me. It's part of the game, it sux but you have to deal with it. star players going down really tests your depth and you realize how you can or can't live without that certain player or players.
Well u heard what Roye said, Romeo is working them cats 2 hard n cleveland.

DawgBone
09-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Well if you don't work them hard enough. Guys like Casey Hampton will be fat lazy bums.

Stairwayto7
09-05-2008, 02:26 PM
It's going to hurt with him gone for the entire season. He's injury prone... but is fairly decent when healthy.

But definetley not our best LB. Kamerion Wimbley is, Alex Hall will eventually.

Thats funny, in the Ohio Lake County New Herald today, Romeo was qouted as saying that Alex Hall has been a great practice player, but has done little on the field, against starting NFL players. Two starts in the preseason, in those two games he has two tackles and one hurry. Thats from Romeo. Remember he is a seventh rounder from a di. 2A school. Impressive? I think not, neither does your head coach/

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Well if you don't work them hard enough. Guys like Casey Hampton will be fat lazy bums.

Last time I checked Casey was a pro bowler, and exactly how many of those do you have on your defense?

ToothAche
09-05-2008, 07:02 PM
AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!! :lol:

:haha: :brownssign: :haha:

steelcityrockers
09-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Last time I checked Casey was a pro bowler, and exactly how many of those do you have on your defense?

They have one by the way, in Shaun Rogers.