PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyone doing for the game?

Stairwayto7
09-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Where, whatcha eating.

We`ll be at my house, Our first game with my newest addition to the family, my TV. And we went with a mexican theme this weekend, taco bar, fajitas etc. And probably some Corona.

We make steelersgal86 wear a bib, because of all the drewl. Physcoward will tell you all about her issues.

Lets go Steelers!

steelersgal86
09-04-2008, 12:07 PM
You always got to start shiat!!!! :evilshake::evilshake:

yinzer
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM
i haven't decided where i'm going to watch the game. since i live in the burgh, i have choices. i'll probably stay home and watch. (it's harder for me to be arrested that way) i usually can't eat during the game. i'll eat before. my wife and i eat really clean so it will probably just be salad.

JensK
09-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Im not going to watch it :( They are not showing that game in Denmark, sadly. So unless there is a place to stream it, i'll be watching the play-by-play on nfl.com instead, next to some other game with tamba bay i think.. buuh!

yinzer
09-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Im not going to watch it :( They are not showing that game in Denmark, sadly. So unless there is a place to stream it, i'll be watching the play-by-play on nfl.com instead, next to some other game with tamba bay i think.. buuh!

you can listen to it on www.dve.com live! just click the "listen live" link and there you go. don't waste your time with nfl.com. there's always a lot of lag time with the updates.

Prosdo
09-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Down my family's bar with some friends.

steelersgal86
09-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I will be at Clevestinks (without a bib, unless it is a steelers one) eating mexican...and drinking :shots: watching the steelers kick some butt with the family :tt02::tt02: Let's go Steelers!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Going to Rudys to watch the game...sorry MPYoung33!! Cant wait to enjoy some of that bar food, but no beer yet!! Just Odouls!! :greengrin:

JensK
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
you can listen to it on www.dve.com live! just click the "listen live" link and there you go. don't waste your time with nfl.com. there's always a lot of lag time with the updates.

Oh sweet. thanks man! :D The play-by-play sure makes you want to kill your self from time to time.

steelerfan11
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I will be at my apt...working on thermodynamics, calculus 3, chemistry, and linear algebra homework...while watching the game.

anyone want to take some of the homework off my hands so i can watch the game more?? I will gladly share!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Oh sweet. thanks man! :D The play-by-play sure makes you want to kill your self from time to time.

make sure you listen to dve on Internet Explorer...mozilla doesn't work (at least when i try to use it).

yinzer
09-04-2008, 05:12 PM

your welcome! play by play is terrible. they give you the update 85743957856459 plays later! :tt02:

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I will be at my apt...working on thermodynamics, calculus 3, chemistry, and linear algebra homework...while watching the game.

anyone want to take some of the homework off my hands so i can watch the game more?? I will gladly share!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

make sure you listen to dve on Internet Explorer...mozilla doesn't work (at least when i try to use it).

Thats all you bro,thanks anyway.I just found out that WHP tv 21 out of harrisburg will be televising the game,so i will be home checking the forum and babysitting some cans of beer.Dominos delivers too!

yinzer
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM

[AutoMerged Post Below]

i'd rather chew glass

$teelersRule
09-04-2008, 05:40 PM
haha well i will be doing my calc 3, statics, physics 2 homework so ill be right there with ya! :cursin:

Clevelandsux
09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Not sure. Probably at my brothers. If not probably at the local Steelers bar. Have my bigben jersesy on. Terrible towels, beer, doritos, chips etc.:tt02:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I remember doing the same thing while I was in college. I remember doing algebra homework while watching the Steelers kick the Ravens asses on sunday night football in 2001.

But, I'll give you a little unfortunate news. It's hard to concentrate on your homework during a Steelers game.:plus1:

steelerfan11
09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
haha well i will be doing my calc 3, statics, physics 2 homework so ill be right there with ya! :cursin:

physics...i love physics...haha yeah i know i'm messed up.

good luck with statics...i am color blind and have no depth perception...that class was rough for me.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Not sure. Probably at my brothers. If not probably at the local Steelers bar. Have my bigben jersesy on. Terrible towels, beer, doritos, chips etc.:tt02:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I remember doing the same thing while I was in college. I remember doing algebra homework while watching the Steelers kick the Ravens asses on sunday night football in 2001.

But, I'll give you a little unfortunate news. It's hard to concentrate on your homework during a Steelers game.:plus1:

haha yeah i am betting i won't get near as much done as i plan..Steelers game on Sunday and Notre Dame game on Saturday...maybe i'll just pull an all nighter to get the work done...or maybe just not do it..haha

BlitzburghRockCity
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I'll be here at the house but not sure what munchies I'll be doing this year for the games yet.

You can stream live for free on wtpa as well.

http://www.wtpafm.com/pittsburgh_steelers.shtml

25MVPKing
09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I've also got homework, but I've also got a quiz and a test, too!

Probably toss on some burgers. The wife will have a lamb brat. Good times!

MOTORKRAFT
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I will be watching the Titians on the A.F.C. channel because the Oilers chose to move to Tenn., or the N.F.C. games on the other channels. My apts. don't allow satellite. so I can't get direct ticket. My computer will be on cbs sportsline and any audio I can get. I guess you could say that sucks but it will still feel like Christmas to me. As long as the Steelers win, thats all that matters. I don't know what the food choice will be, but the Busch Light will be flowing, freely, from the fountain of foolishness. It will be a good day !!!

jpele
09-04-2008, 11:14 PM
I'll be watching at home,drinking LaBatt Blue, eating wings and grilled sausages.

blackngold29
09-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Either at home, which will also mean I'll be here to discuss it. Or my cousin's house, if they're having a party.

Stlrs4Life
09-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I will be in the Lot at 8am. Tailgating, and then go to my seat in Sec 522, and watch it. Oh, and we are having Steaks at the tailgate.

NOVA STEELERS
09-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Will be home with my Direct TV Sunday Ticket, Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Meatballs, Veggie Tray, Chips Dips&Salsa and 30 pack of :beer1: along with my :cope:

DawgBone
09-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Is this game at 1:00 P.M.? The Browns game is at 4:15, will probably watch the Steelers game if it's not on at the same time as the Browns.

Steelersfan
09-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Is this game at 1:00 P.M.? The Browns game is at 4:15, will probably watch the Steelers game if it's not on at the same time as the Browns.

It's scheduled for 1pm.

Dean Denton
09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I will be watching the game in my Bat Cave known as the Steeler room in my Basement. Direct TV is a beautiful thing... Because its a 10 AM game I will be doing Vodka and juice. Not sure if I will be eating much, maybe a bowl of cheerios at 9am so it doesn't get in the way of the booze....lol I will start my pregame with the Sopranos theme song just to get pumped up. I only drink during Steeler games or a big fight so I dont drink that much. With that being said, the Texans and myself should be wiped out by half time...lol This is going to be a great season, I am so jazzed up for this....yeah baby...

memphissteelergirl
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll be with the Steeler Club of Memphis at the Fox and Hound watching the game.

I am SO ready for some football

HERE WE GO, STEELERS...HERE WE GO!! :tt02::tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-05-2008, 02:47 PM
0900: Start making my "Steel City Chili"
0930: Affix my self to my couch with a Yuengling and a Jager shot
1000: repeat 0930 agenda
1030: repeat 0930 agenda
1100: NFL Game Day on ESPN w/ Berman, repeat 0930 agenda
1130: Have 1st bowl of chili, repeat 0930 agenda
1200: Wake up the Mrs. by jumping on the bed screaming like a kid on X-mas
1230: CBS local pregame, repeat 0930 agenda
1300: Farrior Jersey on, Towel in hand and three shots of Jager lined up for the kick off. Ill be screaming like a mad-man!

Dean Denton
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
0900: Start making my "Steel City Chili"
0930: Affix my self to my couch with a Yuengling and a Jager shot
1000: repeat 0930 agenda
1030: repeat 0930 agenda
1100: NFL Game Day on ESPN w/ Berman, repeat 0930 agenda
1130: Have 1st bowl of chili, repeat 0930 agenda
1200: Wake up the Mrs. by jumping on the bed screaming like a kid on X-mas
1230: CBS local pregame, repeat 0930 agenda
1300: Farrior Jersey on, Towel in hand and three shots of Jager lined up for the kick off. Ill be screaming like a mad-man!
I like the way you get down...:cope: Wish I could watch the game with you. I love having DirectTV, but there is nothing like watching a game with die hard fans like myself...I also make a Steel City Chilli. It could be the best in the world... I call it Death From Above. I only pull that out when I need it to rain hell on the other team...:yellowthumb:

DawgBone
09-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Direct TV rocks! Especially if you have a HD box and dish. Then the picture looks great!

Dean Denton
09-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Direct TV rocks! Especially if you have a HD box and dish. Then the picture looks great! Is that how you watch all your Steeler Games? You really need to come out of the closet man, and just except who and what you are. Steeler fan all the way. Living in denial will only bring you pain and suffering.....:lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
09-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I like the way you get down...:cope: Wish I could watch the game with you. I love having DirectTV, but there is nothing like watching a game with die hard fans like myself...I also make a Steel City Chilli. It could be the best in the world... I call it Death From Above. I only pull that out when I need it to rain hell on the other team...:yellowthumb:

Its been a ritual for the last 7 or 8 years, unless i get my hands on some tickets. There will be atleast 6 drunken idiots at my crib by 1100. Ive been waiting for this since mid january!

Stairwayto7
09-05-2008, 04:10 PM
physics...i love physics...haha yeah i know i'm messed up.

good luck with statics...i am color blind and have no depth perception...that class was rough for me.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

haha yeah i am betting i won't get near as much done as i plan..Steelers game on Sunday and Notre Dame game on Saturday...maybe i'll just pull an all nighter to get the work done...or maybe just not do it..haha

Where in NE Ohio are you located?

Dean Denton
09-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Its been a ritual for the last 7 or 8 years, unless i get my hands on some tickets. There will be atleast 6 drunken idiots at my crib by 1100. Ive been waiting for this since mid january! I'll be popin in at Half time to check on everyone. this is going to be a good Season. Look at how were all coming togther....lol :cope::yellowthumb::tt02:

Stairwayto7
09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
looking forward to some football!

steelcityrockers
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM
I will be at home and probably drinking something along the lines of water or tea (I'm underage) and possibly having my usual game meal of nothing.

Stairwayto7
09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I will be at home and probably drinking something along the lines of water or tea (I'm underage) and possibly having my usual game meal of nothing.

I can`t eat during the game! And be glad your underage, drinking is over rated.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Ok....We always keep it a family affair at my house....My mom and bro both come over and we watch the game together....I will be jumping and flying around the house all day....I don't eat during the games since my nerves are so bad....I also have quit drinking.....Which sucks and is good at the same time....So no beer or booze during the games for me anymore....lol Just water or mountain dew....lol or maybe some energy drinks since every Sat. I poker at my buddies house and the game doesn't start unitl midnight.....we have around 20 people and the games usually 4-6 hours to complete if you last that long which I usually do....So I won't be getting home until 5-6 am....But I'll be ready for the Stiller game....

Blitzburghpete
09-06-2008, 12:28 PM
There is one huge benifit of not living in north america and being a football fan. I've signed up to the NFL.com HD all season every game pass, which means i can watch ALL the games ALL year long as they are achieved. So i may not be up at 1am my time to watch the steelers but i'll be watching them over and over again monday, tuesday, wednesday !!! LOL

Then when i fancy something different i'll watch the Vikes AP as that man if by far the most exciting RB in the league to watch.

PsychoWard
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I will be at cleve's house dinking and eating some tacos! Oh and thanks for reminding me i think it is my turn to bring the extra bib!!!

abejota88
09-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a big problem here... my friend has DirecTV, and has purchased Sunday Ticket... that means i can go to his house and watch it .... but he is a Giants fan.. and just to annoy me he starts watching other games....
Or i can stay at home... try to get it streamed ... and watch it by myself...

I can wait till game time....

blackngold29
09-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking about starting a new work-out routine. Every Steelers point = a push up. Sounds simple enough. Hmmm, I wonder what I should do for opponent points? I mean, not that I'll have to do many.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Of course I will have Steelers Polka (the original) blasting until game time and every time the Steelers score a TD.....I don't play it if they kick a field goal...lol....only TD's......

I don't play the Here We Go song until play-offs.....Way to early for Super Bowl talk....

steelersgal86
09-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I will be at cleve's house dinking and eating some tacos! Oh and thanks for reminding me i think it is my turn to bring the extra bib!!!

:moon: yeah for yourself :greengrin: also your turn to bring the beer

PsychoWard
09-07-2008, 09:00 AM
getting ready to pop the top in about three hours!!!

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 09:27 AM
getting ready to pop the top in about three hours!!!

You better bring alot

PsychoWard
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
You better bring alot

F U i am bringing enough for me!!!!

SteelCityPride08
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
i'll be at a bar with my father
its owned by a steelers fan so they put the game on the biggest big screen there. Eating some wings, nachos, probably a burger or too and DRINKING...coke...im underage lol but my father will be drinking some beer so i'm the DD

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

ITS FINALLY HERE GOD DAMN ITS FELT LIKE FOREVER

Zachintosh66
09-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Ive got my opening weekend for adult flag football @ 11am & Noon. So im hoping ill get home right as they kickoff! And Ill prolly have the left over pizza from last night during the first commercial break :)

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I must confess.... so far I cracked open a long island ice tea already and man,I'm getting hot already.....lol

I'm not to early yet am i? :smh2:

Hey Psycho where you at, we need to go a beer run til..... after the game :D

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I must confess.... so far I cracked open a long island ice tea already and man,I'm getting hot already.....lol

:rofl: never to early :grin1: well for me it would be...I would be passed out by game time :duh:

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, I just put ice on the beer, pop, and water. I took down the American Flag, and put up the Steelers flag. Now I`m ready for some football

PsychoWard
09-07-2008, 10:35 AM

bout to go to the store in about 20 min!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02: :beer1:

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm ready to go get more........Go Steelers! :partytime: :beer4: :danceshout: :bounce2: :party5: :dance: :banana2: :givemebeer: :irock: :brownssuck: :rats: :cowboyssuck: :crybabyclowns: :shots: :hat_wave:
:spank:those Texans
:beer3::all_coholic::grouphug: :gs: :woodson: :steelerssign::steelersrocksign::towelwave:

:coffee1:not today buddy.....lol:buttkick:

:beer2: :drunk: :eyecrazy:
Are you ready for some Football! :cool1:

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 10:38 AM

:eek1: got to get ready!!! I saved my new mendenhall shirt for today...I am hoping it makes him hang on to that ball :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: if it does I will wear it everygame :yesnod:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I'm ready to go get more........Go Steelers! :partytime: :beer4: :danceshout: :bounce2: :party5: :dance: :banana2: :givemebeer: :irock: :brownssuck: :rats: :cowboyssuck: :crybabyclowns: :shots: :hat_wave:
:spank:those Texans
:beer3::all_coholic::grouphug: :gs: :woodson: :steelerssign::steelersrocksign::towelwave:

:coffee1:not today buddy.....lol:buttkick:

:beer2: :drunk: :eyecrazy:
Are you ready for some Football! :cool1:

you forgot one capt :sg86:

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Man why couldn't you live 10 miles away instead of 40? we might not make it back b4 we seen this guy :busted1:.....lol

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Capt. You`ll have to come out and watch a game with us, here. Where are you located?

SG - if you drewl on the jersey, that may make slippery to hold on to the ball, just a pointer.

Phsycho - I have ice.

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 10:47 AM
SG - if you drewl on the jersey, that may make slippery to hold on to the ball, just a pointer.

:bigfinger:

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh ya I forgot 1.....

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5075/smileymakerorgxx0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh ya I forgot 1.....

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5075/smileymakerorgxx0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

:cursin: :cursin: That is it!!!! you guys are lucky...it is steeler sunday and I am in a good mood...

[AutoMerged Post Below]

:eek1: got to get ready!!! I saved my new mendenhall shirt for today...I am hoping it makes him hang on to that ball :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: if it does I will wear it everygame :yesnod:

and my steelers sandals...:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: almost forgot about them

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
:bigfinger:

is that your finger painting finger???????????????

Basket weaving 101 .

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 10:56 AM
:cursin: :cursin: That is it!!!! you guys are lucky...it is steeler sunday and I am in a good mood...
Oh no, you should be lucky......:nahnah:

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh no, you should be lucky......:nahnah:

No...NO...NO....trust me it is you guys...I am being nice today:yesnod:

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 10:59 AM
is that your finger painting finger???????????????

Basket weaving 101 .I thought it was a helmet......:thinking:

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 11:02 AM
I thought it was a helmet......:thinking:

there you happy http://th59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/rmiller26/th_pinkhelmet.jpg

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 11:04 AM
there you happy http://th59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/rmiller26/th_pinkhelmet.jpgNope, to small for your head....lol

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 11:05 AM
:drool::drool:

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Nope, to small for your head....lol

:bigfinger: :rant2: :doublefinger: :biteme: :club: :yesno:

blackngold29
09-07-2008, 11:12 AM
We offically have less than three hours until GAME TIME!!

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 11:15 AM
We offically have less than three hours until GAME TIME!!
and 5 minutes to keep your buzz going until then....lol

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 11:29 AM
2 hr 30 min.

Lets get ready for some football!

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 11:33 AM
2 hr 30 min.

Lets get ready for some football!

I am ready....:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:shoes are on and ready to go

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I am ready....:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:shoes are on and ready to go

And your mouth piece and helmet!

steelersgal86
09-07-2008, 11:35 AM

:rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:
:rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

blackngold29
09-07-2008, 11:37 AM

I've got my athletic supporter read-.... ohh, maybe this uniform is too realistic.

Stairwayto7
09-07-2008, 11:38 AM
:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:
What did you say " doi doi doi" ?

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I've got my athletic supporter read-.... ohh, maybe this uniform is too realistic.

Get it off your head! LOL:tt02:

Captcoolhand
09-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Man, i was doing great until my wife woke up!

blackngold29
09-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Alright, the jersey is on. Let the final countdown begin: 1hr 20min.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Steelers slippers: Check
Black and white shorts: Check
Polamalu jersey with Steelers t-shirt underneath: Check
Hardhat: Check
Watching most of the game alone but still getting dressed up: Priceless

Dean Denton
09-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I told ya the Texans and myself would be done at Half time.....lol

Stairwayto7
09-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Well whats on tap this weeks folks.

Its still up in the air here. I`m thinking about having family over, and having a huge pot of chili. But I know everyone needs to get the children to bed early.

JB 67
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
I will be in the Lot at 8am. Tailgating, and then go to my seat in Sec 522, and watch it. Oh, and we are having Steaks at the tailgate. Your my Idol :cope:

TEEMONT
09-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Well whats on tap this weeks folks.

Its still up in the air here. I`m thinking about having family over, and having a huge pot of chili. But I know everyone needs to get the children to bed early.

This is my official season opener since I didn't get to watch the last game.

My Sunday is going to go like this:

Church at 9AM

Then to Hero's and Legends to watch all the games, all day long, with my boys, while pimping out the new Willie jersey.

blackngold29
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Anybody got a special tradition for the first road game?

Dean Denton
09-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Anybody got a special tradition for the first road game?
I wear white shoes, and a white hat. Other than that I think everything stays the same. This year I'm going to try a white under shirt for good measure. I'm going to mix it up this year, and try different things. I'll still stay with the white and black for home and away games, but I'm going to wear different stuff. All my strength is coming from my daughter and my home and away posters anyways, so I feel I have a little more freedom in what I can wear....lol

Stairwayto7
09-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Game isn`t on TV here, so we are all going to our local Damons in Mentor Ohio, for the game.
Where is everyone else going?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Game is on here, fortunately the Eagles have Fox on lockdown in this area and the Steelers are always the prime gig for CBS so Im safe this week.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Dollar Beers and free food

TEEMONT
09-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Bar...and I am gettin drunk today.

KSSteelerfan
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
In the comfort of my own home........Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!:helmet:

mariners100
09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I watched this game at my house.. should have gotten drunk...