PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin on "sirius n.f.l. radio"...

BlitzburghNation
09-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Adam schein and Solomon wilcots were both speaking highley of Santonio
and were saying what a monster year he's primed to have,,,,,,:yellowthumb:

Mike Tomlin will be on sirius N.F.L. radio at 12:45 p.m. EST every tuesday,,,,,,,,Here is his first interview

Wilcots: Coach,when you saw the schedule back in the spring,what was your thoughts,,,,,,,

Tomlin: You know actually don't pay much attention on who we are playing,because the league changes from year to year,,,,,what might be tough in '07 might not be tough in '08,we prepare for teams one at a time.

Schein: Coach you look at willie parker,where is he health wise as we get ready for the season opener,,,,,

Tomlin:I think he's pretty close to being willie you know,,,um he's attacked his rehab and had a great camp & pre-season,I feel comfortable wher he is,,,,,is he a 100%,"no",,,,,But we are exited where he's at and where he's going to be.

Wilcots:Speaking of slashers,Holmes had a great pre-season and also had the best yrds per catch average of any WR last season,,,,,What do you expect from him in 2008,,,,,

Tomlin:He came in at great physical condition,he can run all day and built a great repore with ben,so we expect great things from him and he expects great things from himself,,,

Schein:thought it was huge that ben was voted team captain this year & i think that's a major step forward in his development as a leader,what do you see for rothlisberger when you go into the crystal ball for this season as a QB and being a team leader in pittsburgh,,,,

Tomlin:I think he's got alot of pieces in place,,uh profesionally things i'm sure he desires to have in place,,uh
he's got a contract,voted captain by his team and i really think he's focused more on QB position & being a leader and ,,uh helping his team win,ultimatley that's what we are here for.

Wilcots:Talk about a couple of draft picks from last year on how they might factor on what you do defensivley,that of Lamar Woodley & Lawrence Timmons,,,,,

Tomlin:Well you know those two guys are showing there pedigree now and showing the reason why we took them so high in the draft,you know they had a great off-season,great pre-season,the talent is there ,,uh splash play, they can run & get guys,,,,uh
Lawrence can do about anything,he can blitz and cover just about anybody and give safety help over the top,,,uh he's a talented player,,,,,Lamar Woodley,,,uh of-course he's our left outside LB and he's very good on the line of scrimmage and extemely good at pass rushing and we believe those two young components along with a goo veteran defense will hopefully be a recipe to make it a great year in'08.

Schein: Mike two areas of potential concern special teams and you offensive line,how do you see it shaking out this year?

Tomlin:Well i'll be able to answer that after sunday,,,"ha ha ha ha" Uh,,,,you know i'm the total opposite and i feel good about wher we are,I think from a special teams standpoint ,,,um you know we were a team in transition a year ago and some of the people from the past were getting toward the latter end of there career and some of the guys ending up being our core players were young guys like timmons,gay and madison those guys are back in similar roles this season and now thr a year older & a year wiser ,,uh we managed veteran guys and are hungry to prove they can make a name for themselves and I feel good about where that unit is,,,,

Wilcots: You know coach wherever alex gibbs shows up a running game also intends to show up,no matter who the RB is for houston you know thr gonna come off and run that zone stretch play & coming down hill at 'ya what are you telling you defense on what they need to be prepared for in thos weeks game,,,,,

Tomlin:You know there gonna do that ,,,you know thr gonna do the mis-direction passes and first & foremost we gotta be in our gaps and gotta stop the run then you gotta take that progression and stop the play action passes & mis-direction passes and that requires rep's more than anything else and we gotta roladex our defenses
and make sure we are sound on stopping all aspects of there offense.

Schein:When do you think Troy Polamalu will be Troy Polamalu,,,,,,

Tomlin:Well he better be Troy on sunday,,,,,," ha ha ha ha "This is not a patient mans buisness,,,,i'm not patient and troy's not patient ,,,,you know we gotta show up and play some ball on sunday,,,,,,,

Schein: Coach best of luck this sunday and looking forward to having you on every tuesday throughout the season,,,,,

Tomlin:Thanks guys,,,,have a good one,,,,

Koopa
09-03-2008, 02:03 AM
thanks..... i like how you add the uh that he always does lol.........i can't wait for sunday, i'm so glad i got scheduled to work that night, cause i would have been so pissed if i opened, i might have punched a customer in the face lol

troy worries the most, he is the weakest link on our team, and i hope he doesn't get abused sunday, hopefully woodley and harrison are killing the qb that we don't have to worry about getting thrown on

AZ_Steeler
09-03-2008, 02:15 AM
I like Tomlins approach towards the schedule.
You know actually don't pay much attention on who we are playing,because the league changes from year to year... what might be tough in '07 might not be tough in '08,we prepare for teams one at a time.
We all hammered the schedule when it came out and picked it apart... maybe we should incorporate this same mentality here at SA. But I guess then we wouldn't have anything to talk about during the off season! :D

:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Schein:When do you think Troy Polamalu will be Troy Polamalu,,,,,,

Tomlin:Well he better be Troy on sunday,,,,,," ha ha ha ha "This is not a patient mans buisness,,,,i'm not patient and troy's not patient ,,,,you know we gotta show up and play some ball on sunday,,,,,,,

Right on, we better start seeing the Troy of old come Sunday afternoon.

yinzer
09-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Right on, we better start seeing the Troy of old come Sunday afternoon.

i wanna see that long *** hair all over that field! by the way, how do you quote only a certain part of a post? cant seem to figure that out. :tt02:

SteelersWoman
09-03-2008, 09:54 AM
i wanna see that long *** hair all over that field! by the way, how do you quote only a certain part of a post?

You hit the quote button, then just delete out the parts you don't want (or need) to make your point.

jpele
09-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Audio: (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/images/video/multimedia.php?res=hi&v=2754&1=1)

steelerschick1220
09-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I am with you all. I love what Tomlin said in regards to the schedule. It could turn out to be so true.

yinzer
09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
You hit the quote button, then just delete out the parts you don't want (or need) to make your point.

awesome! thanks. i've been trying to figure that one out since i got here last year. :greengrin:

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Adam and Soloman love the Steelers! :tt02:

Tomlin always has a great interview!