PDA

View Full Version : New here...

DawgBone
09-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Howdy, my names Kyle. Yes, I'm a Browns fan. You can find me over at Browns24/7.com. My Dad owns the place, you are welcome over their. Just thought I would visit and talk some smack when the Browns meet the Steelers in weeks 2 and 17. We are a totally different and improved team. So this seasons games should be as interesting as last years and for many other years to come.

Although our secondary can use some work I think our pass rush will help McDonald and Wright out a lot. They will get burned a few times this season, but our potent offense will be their to back them up. They will learn and by next season they should be some legit corners of the NFL.

Good luck this season and may the best team win come week 2 and 17.

GO BROWNS!! :banana:

TampaSteelGirl
09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the site! Should be a good game, Good Luck!!! :tt02:

DawgBone
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Well his personality shows it a lot. Dudes always smiling.

Prosdo
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome to SA!

DawgBone
09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Looking forward to the following season!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Enjoy the site Bro!!!!.....I like having the rival fans here....Just remember not take my posts to heart...I like to have fun and I know I can be annoying at times...But thats how I roll....lol

DawgBone
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Well I know that now. So I know how the future will be.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
:greetings::brownssign:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
:welcome:

Well aren't we just happy to have another Browns fan here, it was getting way too hunky dory round these parts :lol:

If you want access to the Line of Scrimmage where the real smack talk is just let me know and I'll get you access. It hasn't heated up yet since the season hasn't gotten under way but trust me once the AFCN games start up you're more than welcome to join in the fun.

NOVA STEELERS
09-02-2008, 11:42 PM
:welcome: enjoy the site :cope:

:mistake::brownssign::brownssuck::crybabyclowns:\\

:steelersrule:

DawgBone
09-03-2008, 12:14 AM

Well aren't we just happy to have another Browns fan here, it was getting way too hunky dory round these parts :lol:

If you want access to the Line of Scrimmage where the real smack talk is just let me know and I'll get you access. It hasn't heated up yet since the season hasn't gotten under way but trust me once the AFCN games start up you're more than welcome to join in the fun.

Give me access. I am going to want to talk smack like the rest of the yinz.

JoeThomas
09-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Welcome! It's nice to have another smart Brownie here. Since Brady Quinn went into semi retirement and left me alone.

AZ_Steeler
09-03-2008, 02:43 AM
:scratch: A Browns fan that actually doesn't over exaggerate how good he thinks they are???? That's amazing!!!! :lol:

Good luck this year! :bigthumb:

steelersgal86
09-03-2008, 09:29 AM
:welcome: Dont leave after we beat ya...:grin1:

AMAZING GRACE
09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Go Steelers

Dean Denton
09-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Stop it please....These games will be a back yard muggings. The Browns dont look any better to me than they have over the last 10 years. When I look at week 2 and week 17 the only thing that goes through my head is, "Thank God, we get 2 extra bye weeks." If you want to see how these games will be played out, go rent the HBO series OZ. Things that go on in the show are similar to what the Steelers will do to the Browns...again, and again. Or, watch a replay of Margarito VS Cotto. Samething. The Browns are still the Browns. yes they sneak in a win every now and again, but still choke when it matters most.
Welcome to SA...oh, and I'll try not to lose any sleep over this new juggernaut known as the Browns.....lol

DawgBone
09-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm here for awhile. I'm not those type of guys. AZ, I don't over exaggerate about my team. I know that they are good, I don't have to cover it up. It's all fun and games at this site with the rivalry, I think....

We all have our glaring weaknesses. You would be acting stupid if you don't think the Steelers have any glaring holes.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-03-2008, 03:08 PM
point some out for us,then we can compare and decide which has the "bigger glaring hole".

DawgBone
09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Well.... your defense is getting old. You offensive line is unproven. You guys made a stupid move in trading Mahan to Tampa Bay. I don't know why you guys just didn't keep him for depth. So if Hartwig is to go down with an injury this season you guys are screwed at Center. Alan Faneca left to go to the big apple, New York Jets. Casey Hampton is a fat lazy bum! LOL!! And like I said they are getting old. So those are all of the holes I can think of.

Can you think of any for the Browns except the secondary?

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I can think of two big ones,you have to play our "old men" twice.

AZ_Steeler
09-03-2008, 03:24 PM
The Steelers Defense is still a few years away from being considered "old". Right now they have the perfect mixture of Veterans with new guys and guys in the middle of the careers. Besides... the Cleveland D is probably just as old as the Steelers D... if not older! I personally would have to call out the Browns o-line... what's up with letting DA get creamed to the point it put him starting on opening day in jeopardy? When you have a commodity like DA you want to do everything you can to protect him... just as the Steelers should be doing with Big Ben.

Dean Denton
09-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm here for awhile. I'm not those type of guys. AZ, I don't over exaggerate about my team. I know that they are good, I don't have to cover it up. It's all fun and games at this site with the rivalry, I think....

We all have our glaring weaknesses. You would be acting stupid if you don't think the Steelers have any glaring holes. Yeah, there are some holes in the Steelers game, but nothing that the Browns can take advantage of. No matter what the Steelers issues may be, they are still head and shoulders above the Browns. Like I have said many times...The Browns need to show some consistency. They fail to do this year in and year out. Unless you call playing bad most of the time showing consistency. Did they show improvement last year? Yes, against everyone but Pittsburgh...lol the Steelers are the ones they need to worry about. To tell you the truth I think 8-8 is even asking alot from these Browns. I think last year at 10-6 was a fluke, and they wont surprise anyone this year.
The Steelers are more concerned about the Elite teams in the NFL like the Pats, colts, and Jags. They wont start worring about the Browns until they start showing they belong at the top. One winning season in 8 years does not strike fear into the hearts of Steeler Nation. Not really much of a threat there since we beat them twice last year, and every year before that one. Let us know when the Browns get a real pro team, and will start shaking in out boots.....lol
Thanks for playing...you might want to get some head gear and a mouth piece if your going to take shots like this all year....:cope:

DawgBone
09-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, I guess we will see who the young and talented do with the old men with their canes.

TampaSteelGirl
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Well considering that not many teams in preseason could penetrate our "old men" defense so far, scoring was low, most teams could only get FGs and you guys were getting killed each game, we'll see how our "old men" do this year! Any please don't give me the excuse one Browns fans did that you all had 9 starters out, all strings in our defense played well.

Dean Denton
09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I know, he's really reaching now. We are from from old. And Last time I looked we had a young sexy group of LB, RB, WR, and and even a Head Coach....Other than the Pats, there are no old teams in the NFL. Its gotta be hard to be a Browns fan. Not only do they stink 95% of the time, they have the Second ugliest uniforms in the league. Sorry, the Bills still have the worst uniforms in the league....lol I guess thats 1 positive for the Browns.

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Agreed,and it must be even tougher to be a Browns Fan on an arch rival site.Why would one subject themselves to such punishment, that they are apt to recieve is beyond me,and then to top it all off complain about said treatment.Now our d-line all have canes. I hope the Browns are healthy when we meet them.The only reason our d-line would have canes is to loan them to the Browns,cause i can forsee them needing them after we are through beating them thoroughly! Then we can get them back at the end of the season and sand them up and refinish them in order to redistribute them to them next year.

Dean Denton
09-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Well.... your defense is getting old. You offensive line is unproven. You guys made a stupid move in trading Mahan to Tampa Bay. I don't know why you guys just didn't keep him for depth. So if Hartwig is to go down with an injury this season you guys are screwed at Center. Alan Faneca left to go to the big apple, New York Jets. Casey Hampton is a fat lazy bum! LOL!! And like I said they are getting old. So those are all of the holes I can think of.

I like to think of our D-line as distinguished, not old. And Hampton can be fat and lazy all he wants. Whens the last time the Browns posted a 100 rusher against the Steelers? Thank you!!!! Not all that old now is it?
There are holes all over the Browns. The team has a weak constitution. They are mentally weak, and fall apart all the time. QB, please. RB, now thats a dude thats old. You have a Ghetto retard at TE. WR, not bad...I like Edwards. Truth is, Edwards wishes he could wear Black and Gold, that way he could play for a winner, not some one hit wonder squad. The Defense for the Browns is been bad forever. Great kick returner...that dude almost cost us a game last year. But since the rest of the team stinks, his hard work was for nothing. All in all I say the Browns are a pretty good 2nd or 3rd tier team....:nahnah:

DawgBone
09-03-2008, 06:20 PM
How do we have a Ghetto retard at TE? If you ask me Joey Porter was the ghetto retard. Yes, he doesn't play for the Steelers anymore. But I think James Harrison might be taking his spot, just because of his attitude.

You guys need to stop living in the past when it comes to the defense. The only weakness we have on the defense that's a big worry, is the secondary and you guys know it.

Oh, and trust me Braylon does not want to play in Pittsburgh. Everyone of Cleveland's players hates the Steelers. You think the sideline fights in almost every divisional game are just for the hell of it? Yeah, I don't think so.

As for RB, Willie Parker is not that far behind Lewis. Lewis can be 40, as long as he runs down the defense and helps our team win every game then I really don't care how old the guy is. You guys should talk.... Bettis was a old fart, yeah he was still decent. But so isn't Lewis, the guy ran for 1300 yards last year.

So if I were you I would pick on someone your own size. Oh, and we will see who the better team is come week 2. You guys can wait that long can't you?

AZ_Steeler
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I sure hope the Browns aren't doing what you're doing right DawgBone.... looking past the Cowboys to the Steelers game week 2! The Cowboys are not a team to take lightly and that would suck to have your back against the wall so early in the season!

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow,Lewis had 1300 yards last year?How many came at the expense of our "old men"?

DawgBone
09-03-2008, 06:38 PM
I sure hope the Browns aren't doing what you're doing right DawgBone.... looking past the Cowboys to the Steelers game week 2! The Cowboys are not a team to take lightly and that would suck to have your back against the wall so early in the season!

They are not looking past the Cowboy's game. If you go to NFL.com their is a press conference with RAC (Romeo Crennel) talking about how tough it's going to be to win against Dallas. Show me proof where the Browns are looking past Dallas and are looking forward to week 2 against the Steelers.

Dean Denton
09-03-2008, 06:51 PM
How do we have a Ghetto retard at TE? If you ask me Joey Porter was the ghetto retard. Yes, he doesn't play for the Steelers anymore. But I think James Harrison might be taking his spot, just because of his attitude.

You guys need to stop living in the past when it comes to the defense. The only weakness we have on the defense that's a big worry, is the secondary and you guys know it.

Oh, and trust me Braylon does not want to play in Pittsburgh. Everyone of Cleveland's players hates the Steelers. You think the sideline fights in almost every divisional game are just for the hell of it? Yeah, I don't think so.

As for RB, Willie Parker is not that far behind Lewis. Lewis can be 40, as long as he runs down the defense and helps our team win every game then I really don't care how old the guy is. You guys should talk.... Bettis was a old fart, yeah he was still decent. But so isn't Lewis, the guy ran for 1300 yards last year.

So if I were you I would pick on someone your own size. Oh, and we will see who the better team is come week 2. You guys can wait that long can't you? Oh I forgot, your TE is a soldier....lol Porter didn't make issues in the locker room only on the Browns Sideline. Winslow is a dirty player, and dirty players get whats coming to them. Harrison will make an example out of him this year. Or maybe Woodley or let us not forget Timmons. The Steeler LB are going to make your Ghetto soldier their cell mate, and that punk will be clipin toe nails by the end of the day...lol
Oh, and you never answered me...When was the last time the Browns posted a 100 yard rushing game against our old, brokedown defence?

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

They are not looking past the Cowboy's game. If you go to NFL.com their is a press conference with RAC (Romeo Crennel) talking about how tough it's going to be to win against Dallas. Show me proof where the Browns are looking past Dallas and are looking forward to week 2 against the Steelers. I can tell you the Browns are not looking forward to week 2. That will put them at o-2....Hey, theres always your basketball team..You should be able to beat Pittsburgh at Basketball.....:lol:

PsychoWard
09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
:sup: and :welcome: :gs:

Gettysburgh_Steel
09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I know, he's really reaching now. We are from from old. And Last time I looked we had a young sexy group of LB, RB, WR, and and even a Head Coach....Other than the Pats, there are no old teams in the NFL. Its gotta be hard to be a Browns fan. Not only do they stink 95% of the time, they have the Second ugliest uniforms in the league. Sorry, the Bills still have the worst uniforms in the league....lol I guess thats 1 positive for the Browns.

I thought that the Broncos had the ugliest uniform in the league.I'm sorry.

DawgBone
09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Oh I forgot, your TE is a soldier....lol Porter didn't make issues in the locker room only on the Browns Sideline. Winslow is a dirty player, and dirty players get whats coming to them. Harrison will make an example out of him this year. Or maybe Woodley or let us not forget Timmons. The Steeler LB are going to make your Ghetto soldier their cell mate, and that punk will be clipin toe nails by the end of the day...lol
Oh, and you never answered me...When was the last time the Browns posted a 100 yard rushing game against our old, brokedown defence?

[AutoMerged Post Below]
I can tell you the Browns are not looking forward to week 2. That will put them at o-2....Hey, theres always your basketball team..You should be able to beat Pittsburgh at Basketball.....:lol:

Okay, last year your LB's were one year younger and they couldn't make Winslow their cell mate then. So what makes you think this year will be any different? It will be kind of hard for them too stay on Winslow when they have to worry about Jamal Lewis at the same time. You guys think your defense is unbeatable or something. Your wrong.... you will find that out in time. We gave you guys a run for your money last season. Now this season we just need to finish.

Oh, and to your question. It really doesn't matter because we haven't really had a decent RB since we came back in 1999. So I guess you got me on that one.... but we will see this season.

roosterray
09-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the Jungle.

Go Steelers

:bengalssign::buttkiss:

:steelersrocksign:

Steel City Fantasy Football Roster
QB Cutler
QB Favre
RB Tomlinson
RB Parker
RB TJones
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Marques Colston
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Greg Jennints
WR Vincent Jackson
K Jeff Reed
K Bironas
D Jacksonville
D Buffalo

DawgBone
09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I think it's funny that all of you Steelers fans have Braylon Edwards on your fantasy roster, and I haven't seen one with Holmes, or Ward on it.

AZ_Steeler
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
They are not looking past the Cowboy's game. If you go to NFL.com their is a press conference with RAC (Romeo Crennel) talking about how tough it's going to be to win against Dallas. Show me proof where the Browns are looking past Dallas and are looking forward to week 2 against the Steelers.

I'm not saying they are looking past the Cowboys... I said I hope they aren't acting like you! That's twice you've gotten a guilty conscience with something I said. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt but you're not seeing it for some reason :dunno:

DawgBone
09-04-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm not looking past the Cowboys either. Just doing some trash talking.... it's what you fans are good at.... OOHHH!! LMAO!! J/K.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
The Steelers DL is old for sure.....But the starters are still very good.....I don't how you keep calling the rest of the defense old.....The only old LB the Steelers have is James Farrior and had a very good year.....Ok James Harrison also since he is pushing 30....But he also doesn't have the usual wear and tear like most 30 year old players since he this is only his second year as a starter.....Harrison is far from finished....Foote is 28 and still effective....Woodley and Timmons are both in their 2nd years....The Steelers LB core is great shape....

The Steelers secondary is fairly young also....DeShea Townsend is the old man of that group.....At lest know what your talking about....lol

The Steelers OL is average at best.....But Ben escapes with the best of them....The Steelers also added Melwede Moore....He is going to be huge on 3rd down this year...He is a very good receiver out of the backfield and picks up the blitz well....He will be the Keven Faulk of the Steelers....Faulk has bailed out Brady for years at times.....

Now I'm a realist fan and I don't think the Steelers are unbeatable....Ask anyone on this site and they will tell you that...I just don't know buy into all this doom and gloom for the Steelers...They have a good mix of young and older player throughout the rosther....

But the OL and depth on the DL are major concerns no doubt...

Stairwayto7
09-04-2008, 05:55 AM

wELCOME! This thread should be moved now. This is a welcome thread,

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 09:30 AM

So if I were you I would pick on someone your own size. Oh, and we will see who the better team is come week 2. You guys can wait that long can't you?

How the hell can Lewis be not far behind Willie Parker when last year Willie was the #1 rusher in the NFL??? Are you saying he was #2??? I think not!!! Please don't compare the 2, not in the same league at all!! As far as you saying not to look into the past with your defense...this preseason already spoke for itself..you guys gave up TONS of points!! HOw is the defense stellar this year then? I know preseason doens't mean much however it's a glance at what to expect thru the year. I just love how the Browns have a so so year last year and now become the most cockiness fans ever!!! You should be proud of your team for their good season last year but you guys haven't even made the playoffs yet and you didn't last year so until that happens perhaps you all should stop shooting off your mouths...it will bite you in the arse later. We have bragging rights!!

Stairwayto7
09-04-2008, 10:09 AM
How the hell can Lewis be not far behind Willie Parker when last year Willie was the #1 rusher in the NFL??? Are you saying he was #2??? I think not!!! Please don't compare the 2, not in the same league at all!! As far as you saying not to look into the past with your defense...this preseason already spoke for itself..you guys gave up TONS of points!! HOw is the defense stellar this year then? I know preseason doens't mean much however it's a glance at what to expect thru the year. I just love how the Browns have a so so year last year and now become the most cockiness fans ever!!! You should be proud of your team for their good season last year but you guys haven't even made the playoffs yet and you didn't last year so until that happens perhaps you all should stop shooting off your mouths...it will bite you in the arse later. We have bragging rights!!

Yeah we need to move to the blast furnace fast

DawgBone
09-04-2008, 02:15 PM

I can say whatever I like. It's a free country, and who's going to stop me? Anyways, I wasn't talking about stats. I'm talking about age. Willie I think is 28... Jamal is only 29.

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I can say whatever I like. It's a free country, and who's going to stop me? Anyways, I wasn't talking about stats. I'm talking about age. Willie I think is 28... Jamal is only 29.

It's ok your own team will stop you from saying more stuff like that...Anyway,
Welcome to the site! :yellowthumb:

steelersgal86
09-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Hey, are you really Dawgs in disguise :dunno: Just asking..you act just like him....

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Hey, are you really Dawgs in disguise :dunno: Just asking..you act just like him....

OH yea girl you're right!! It is DAWGS!!!! :nono: