PDA

View Full Version : Rudi Johnson signs with Lions

Deb
09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Rudi Johnson signs with Lions

Tom Kowalski
MLive.com

The Detroit Lions have confirmed that free agent running back Rudi Johnson has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the team. Because the deal was struck after 4 p.m., after the league offices closed, the signing won't be official until Tuesday morning.

Johnson, who rushed for 1,000 yards in three straight seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals (2004-06), is expected to replace Tatum Bell as the No. 2 running back behind starter Kevin Smith. The Lions aren't expected to announce any roster moves until Tuesday. The addition of the eight-year veteran might mean the Lions will use more of a platoon system at running back.

After practice on Monday, Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said, "I just had a chance to watch him in some drills (during a workout) and he's impressive. He's a big, thick guy who has great feet. I played against him over the years so I know he's a very physical back. He's a guy with a lot of talent and a lot of experience.''

BlitzburghNation
09-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Guess he'll enjoy watching Kevin Smith from the bench,,,,,,Maybe he'll be a decent back-up :dunno:

Steelerlyn
09-01-2008, 09:47 PM
I wish the Lions the best!~

PsychoWard
09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
that didn't take long!!! i will be curious to see how he fits in there!

Callax
03-29-2009, 09:22 PM
He played pretty well for a team that has a great OL for pass blocking because they have a very good QB and WR's... A very good running back that had 3 consecutive seasons of 1400+ yards... He does not catch alot of passes.... He's like bettis, only catching 20 passes a year. Going to detroit doesn't mean much until they start putting together a better OL.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm sure he's happy he doesn't have to face the Steelers D twice a year now.

Silverback 92
03-30-2009, 03:16 PM
the kiss of death ,ending up a lion

Dean Denton
03-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, thats the kiss of death...poor guy. They forced Sanders into early retirement, what is it this guy thinks is going to happen?....lol I would retire from football if I got stuck out there. You already know you will never win a SB, or let alone see the playoffs. I think the should swap out the the Wolverines and the Lions every other year or something. Do you think anyone would notice?....lol