PDA

View Full Version : Special teams has no excuses this year

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Our special teams may not have Chidi Iwouma, Sean Morey, or Fast Freddie McAfee anymore but this group has a lot of talent specially designed to help them succeed so IMO there's no excuses for crappy play.

We've got a quality return man in Moore, and HOlmes who can help out if need be.

ST aces like Keyaron Fox, Mike Humpal, Anthony Madison, Roy Lewis, William Gay, Ryan Mundy (if he makes the team)

Solid kicker in Jeff Reed

Vets who can play ST to help out like McFadden, Townsend, Roye.

We should have a fairly decent punter to hold us till DSep gets back next year.

Overall considering the people they've brought in to help out if our ST still sucks after this year I'm going to jump off a cliff !!! :pray: :crossfingers:

BlitzburghNation
08-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Your right TG,,,,,,,,,No Excuses !!!!!

Would be nice to see our ST's be solid for a change ~~~~:crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Our special teams has sucked for so long, except for the super bowl year, that we are WAY overdue to have a solid unit that actually contributes to the win instead of inhibiting it.

yinzer
08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
i truly believe that ST will be better this year. not necessarily because tomlin focused more time on it but because if ST isn't better, heads are gonna roll!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2008, 11:04 PM
I was really hoping Mundy and/or Humpal would have been able to make the team, both of those guys are good tacklers and big hitters, it's just too bad they got hurt. We've got solid return people this year and a couple ST aces like Madison, Anthony Smith, and William Gay that will hopefully make us atleast a serviceable group. Those cuts yesterday hit the ST hard as they always do but still the expectations are high for this unit to hold it's own and not be a liability.

dkanna
09-01-2008, 12:24 AM
from what i have seen the st has rocked so far compared to previous years, lets see what happens during season, fingers crossed