PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Nation is now officially the best fan base in the NFL!

Steelerlyn
08-29-2008, 03:20 PM
So says ESPN.
The link to read the story is below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
That article says the Steeler's season ticket waiting list is 6 years long..............that is not true. I have been on that season ticket waiting list for 11 years.

AZ_Steeler
08-29-2008, 03:24 PM
consecutive sellout streak of 299 games, including playoffs, is unbelievable.
I wonder if this includes road games? :scratch:

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 03:42 PM
:tt02:AWESOME:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 03:58 PM

nah it just includes home games however after last night they didn't sell out so that streak ( unless they don't count preseason games) is officially over.

Regardless though the Steeler Nation rocks!!! We rule !!! :tt02::cope:

Steelerlyn
08-29-2008, 04:10 PM
nah it just includes home games however after last night they didn't sell out so that streak ( unless they don't count preseason games) is officially over.
Regardless though the Steeler Nation rocks!!! We rule !!! :tt02::cope:

I don't think they do but that is a "I don't think thingy" so don't hold me to it.:yellowthumb:

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Umm if your looking at ESPN for official word. That we are the best fanbase. I just got to wonder what the HELL you been doing for the last so many years?

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I know we are the best traveling team for sure!!! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Stiller Nation best fan base?....Maybe I don't know but I do think we're the most loyal fan base...Maybe to a fault.....Stiller fans are among the biggest blind homers I have ever come across....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 08:30 PM
I would make a case for the best fan base simply because there are so many of us all over the world. I think fans of every team in most sports can be that way, blind to a point. Sometimes it's good but as long as people realize what really is truth and reality about their team vs what they want to sometime believe that's the thing that separates the homers. Some people are alittle homerish, hell we all probably are now and then. I know I can be if I don't watch myself but I like to think I've got a pretty good grasp of the team and such as much as any loyal fan can. Sometimes people just agree with others for the sake of conversation or not to stir the pot because it's their personality. Others enjoy stirring the said pot just to make a point and that's ok too. Every team has all types of fans and that's what makes us so great.

LarryNJ
08-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I've spent years in Pgh., DC, Philly and lots of time in Cleveland. There's no doubt that they have those 4 in the right order. Philly likes to think they have the best fans but they have ignorance confused with passion. There are also many people in Philly that are Cowboy or other team fans even though they grew up in Philly. I don't get it??? Cleveland (as sorry as they are) has a great fan base and they know their football. The Redskins have the longest streak of sold out games, so that says something.

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I've spent years in Pgh., DC, Philly and lots of time in Cleveland. There's no doubt that they have those 4 in the right order. Philly likes to think they have the best fans but they have ignorance confused with passion. There are also many people in Philly that are Cowboy or other team fans even though they grew up in Philly. I don't get it??? Cleveland (as sorry as they are) has a great fan base and they know their football. The Redskins have the longest streak of sold out games, so that says something.

I think Green Bay has a long streak of sold out games as well. NOt sure if it's more than the Redskins but it's up there.

yinzer
08-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I know we are the best traveling team for sure!!! :tt02:

not only are we the best traveling fans, we are also everywhere

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 08:59 PM

Very true!

LarryNJ
08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I think Green Bay has a long streak of sold out games as well. NOt sure if it's more than the Redskins but it's up there.

They actually list them:
Redskins 319
Steelers: 299
Packers: 269 (although they say since 1960 which doesn't make sense.)
Raiders - 4 hahaha
Jags 0

JB 67
08-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I love to see the Cowboys (America's team),at #12 HaHa

BlitzburghNation
08-30-2008, 12:08 AM
I run into steeler fans all over the country,,,,,,,,They always stop me & we chat about the steelers,,,,,,,,,They know I'm a steeler fan because i've always got my steeler shirt on~~~:towelwave:

blackngold29
08-30-2008, 02:48 AM

That's the only thing I can't figure out... ESPN ranked us behind GB. Where the hell did that come from?

Of course if you add all of the global Terrible Towel recognition it's no contest.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

It includes regular season and playoffs.

And I'm sure last pre-seaon game was probably sold out, just not everyone showed up. It did look very empty most of the game.

TEEMONT
08-30-2008, 06:15 AM
So says ESPN.
The link to read the story is below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

[AutoMerged Post Below]
That article says the Steeler's season ticket waiting list is 6 years long..............that is not true. I have been on that season ticket waiting list for 11 years.

dont know what waiting list you are on...my dad got his this year after waiting 5 years.

blackngold29
08-30-2008, 11:14 AM
dont know what waiting list you are on...my dad got his this year after waiting 5 years.

I know a guy who put his daughter's name on the waiting list the day she was born. She got her tickets for her 20th birthday. That was a few years ago though.

yinzer
08-30-2008, 01:08 PM
That's the only thing I can't figure out... ESPN ranked us behind GB. Where the hell did that come from?

Of course if you add all of the global Terrible Towel recognition it's no contest.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

It includes regular season and playoffs.

And I'm sure last pre-seaon game was probably sold out, just not everyone showed up. It did look very empty most of the game.

oh, absolutely! if we're talking about global yinzers, we BY FAR take the cake!! :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
09-02-2008, 10:20 AM
STEELER NATION RULES! :tt02::tt02:

:towelwave::steelerssign:

ejsteeler
09-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I didn't need ESPN to tell us we are the best, but it sure is nice!!! :cope:

Dean Denton
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
OK, so I live out here in Seattle and back in 2003 or 2004 when the Steelers last came to town my wife was worried that I was going to get into a fight at the game. I was shocked that she was worried about me first of all. I mean it would take more that 63,000 Hawks fans to slow me down...lol
However, that was a non issue because 48% of the Stadium was Black and Gold. Thats almost half... thats crazy. How crappy if your the home team, and Half of your Stadium is taken over by the visitors...lol My wife felt so much better once she saw all the Steelers Jerseys. I on the other hand was hoping I was the only one so I could brawl with EVERYONE.....lol just kidding. It was beautiful, and If I remember a tear slowly worked its way down my cheek at the site of all the Steeler fans. My wife was friggin hot too in her Jersey. too bad we lost that game. Thanks Maddox, you loser...
My wife did report that a fight broke out in the girls bathroom, and the Steeler won that fight. She said it started over Superbowl Rings, and ended with toilet bowl ring around the Seagals face.....lol She said it was funny, and security had to come in a break it up. Good Times.....lol Go Steelers.

ARKIESTEEL
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
It is really cool to go to another teams house and see so much Black and Gold..I have seen this at Tenn, Dallas, Huston, KC, and St Louis.

The St Louis game last year was by and far the most Steelers fans I have seen besides Pittsburgh.

We are going to DC and Nashville this year so I will report on them.

ejsteeler
09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
I see the same thing down here in HOTlanta. The one game, I'm thinking 5 years ago or so, the Falcons were trying to drive down the field and all you could here was chants of "DEFENSE", "DEFENSE".....with the obligatory thumps in betwenn. It was so freakin awesome!!!! It would definitely suck to feel like the visiting team in your own dome.

Clevelandsux
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Well I just got back From California. I saw lots of people wearing Steelers garb. They even had a Hollywood Pittsburgh Steelers fan club at the Hooters on Hollywood Blvd. I didn't see Browns or Bengals fans. Nor did I see Bears fans. Other than Chargers, Raiders and 49ers fans (the local teams), I saw lots and lots of black n gold.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Stiller Nation best fan base?....Maybe I don't know but I do think we're the most loyal fan base...Maybe to a fault.....Stiller fans are among the biggest blind homers I have ever come across....lol

No Clowns fans are the biggest blind homers. I say Bullshit the Clowns fans are loyal. I don't know how many times I've seen the Clowns stadium filled up with black n gold. Never seen 3 rivers or heinz being bombarded by another teams fans.

To me Clowns fans are the most ignorant you'll ever see. Try having an intelligent conversation with a Clowns fan. It's hard to. I've been all around the country and have never had a problem talking to other teams fans except for Clowns fans.

Yes, we steeler fans have expectations. But, I'm honest when we suck. I think we are a good team this year. But, we have a tough schedule and our o-line is very suspect. I still believe however we are the best team in our division.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
It's good to hear we are the most loyal fans. I get tired of hearing about Raider nation, Dallas "america's team", and of course "The cheeseheads", always mentioned as the best fans.

DBR96A
10-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Sports Illustrated columnist Ross Tucker (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/10/08/tucks.takes/index.html) agrees! :greengrin:

Stairwayto7
10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Good article but Lyn bets against the Steelers?????????????????