PDA

View Full Version : BIG BEN

bfields988
08-29-2008, 07:06 AM
I'm not Big Ben's biggest fan, but I still support him. He pulled through for us in the begining, but then he seemed to get a little big headed and cocky after we won the Superbowl. And the motorcycle accident he had really upset me bc he was told he should wear a helmet. The team and Steelers fans everywhere are depending on him, why would he jeopardize his life like that? I'm hoping that he will pull himself together this year and take us all the way!

:steelerssign:

How do you think he will do this year??

((I'm a new member and this is my first thread so I appreciate any feedback))

NOVA STEELERS
08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm not Big Ben's biggest fan, but I still support him. He pulled through for us in the begining, but then he seemed to get a little big headed and cocky after we won the Superbowl. And the motorcycle accident he had really upset me bc he was told he should wear a helmet. The team and Steelers fans everywhere are depending on him, why would he jeopardize his life like that? I'm hoping that he will pull himself together this year and take us all the way!

Ben has shown this preseason that he is picking up where he left off last year, Plus shown he is maturing into a Leader of the Offense and Team. Sure he didn't show good judgement with the helmet deal, but he owned up and moved on. I see Ben stepping up again and having another of many to come Pro-Bowl Seasons in bringing the Steelers Offense to be one teams :hidechair: when they see em on the schedule :greengrin:

Welcome Aboard and enjoy the site :cope:

Captcoolhand
08-29-2008, 08:31 AM
:welcome:

I agree with you to a point. Ben has seriously become an arrogant F*ck and he's not what he use to be.
After going to training camp and listening to how He talked to people really turned my wife and I off. I truely have a differnt perceptive of him.

SteelfordWexler
08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
I've heard stories about how arrogant Ben is from several people who have run across him. It is a shame that he hasn't always been gracefull with the fans. On the other side - he is a young man and -at least publicly - seems to be aware and trying to do a little better. Also - extreme confidence - even arrogance - is a useful characteristic for playing qb. When things go well - he's a hero - when the go wrong - he takes too much blame. He needs to know that he is the man and not hesitate - even after throwing 3 picks in the first half. I don't expect to be hanging out drinking beers with him any time soon anyway- so if he's a bit of a jerk -ok. Just keep getting better and don't be a thug. I just hope he has some rapport with the team.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Every QB is arrogant to a point, it just comes with the territory. It's ok to be confident and Ben definitely doesn't lack any of that. As far as the motorcycle thing goes, that's in the past and he's moved on and played great last year and I expect great things from him this year. He has grown up alot since being drafted and he'll continue to mature and develop as the years go by.

Ben is our leader and the QB of this team for the next 8 years realistically depending on how things work out. The coaches like him, the players have confidence in him and trust him and he's proven to be a tough guy which is just what a Steeler team needs.

LatrobePA
08-29-2008, 09:03 AM

Feedback: Don't start stupid threads! This will win the lamest thread of the year!!

ejsteeler
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Ben will emerge as on e of the elite this year though one can argue he is already.
Way to welcome the newbie Latrobe....:lol:

JB 67
08-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Feedback: Don't start stupid threads! This will win the lamest thread of the year!! Ha Ha I love Big Ben how can you hate on him after leading us to the Bowl on the road...:cope:

$teelersRule
08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Feedback: Don't start stupid threads! This will win the lamest thread of the year!!

^^^that was unnecessary. latrobe why dont you cool it a little bit? :rant2:

anyway, i am a big fan of ben's i think he really shows the rest of the league this year that he is for real. most of us fans already know or at least hope he is. i think he proves that this year. :yesnod:

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
There is no other QB in the league that I would rather have then Ben. I dont care if he's a D!$& to people on the street, or even if he was rude to me. I only want him to win, and play his *** off. I dont expect him to jump up and down in the street for me if we run into eachother because I'm decked out in Steeler gear. His job is to entertain me because I pay his bills. I think its fair to expect 100% from him and all the other Steelers, and not 1% less. Just win baby..but if he's mean to my daughter I would have to punch his lights out......lol

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 11:30 AM

I swear I was about to post the exact same thing!! I mean his accident was 2 freaking years ago...let it rest! Sounds like the freaking media!! I"m so sick of hearing about this! I don't think Ben is as cocky as everything thinks he is, I beleive he's more of a "to himself" kind of person. He may come off that way but doesn't seem to like the spotlight much. Every interview I see him on he seems quite gracious.
I think Ben has matured so much since his accident and I think he learned a huge lesson, I think alot of young players make stupid mistakes, at least he learned his lession. Perhaps Ben was cocky after the SB win but have you seen Hines Ward lately???? I hear he's quite the whore and an *******!!!! He's become quite cocky as well, I see Ben stepping up as a true leader, don't see that from Hines and it's disappoints me.

This post is on the lines of a Ben bashing post as is every Troy post......It's crap! let's move on!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Let's give her the benefit of the doubt since she's new and that was her first thread. yes the story of Ben was a couple years ago and he's light years ahead of where he was then. Ben will lead us to the promised land again, bank on it :towelwave:

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Ooops! I didn't even pay attention to that part, sorry. Don't mean to give you hard time since you're new..My bad! :grin1:

IT'S LATROBES FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

ejsteeler
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
:rofl:

It's ok Tampa, we still luv ya....:sHa_friends:

AZ_Steeler
08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Trying to scare away the new people when it's tough enough to get that confidence to finally make that first post :smh:

We haven't really had a thread on Big Ben yet... at least that I can remember :dunno: Oh well.... Regardless, we as fans have watched a person, who will become probably the greatest QB ever for the Steelers, grow into a confident leader and the face of the Steelers. Think about it... his first year he was in the huddles with his head down reading the play off his arm. His second year he took the Steelers to the Super Bowl... granted he didn't do much that game for his passing statistics but you can't deny his performance through the playoffs. His third year.... we didn't think he was ever going to play again, but there he was under center in the opening preseason game in Glendale Arizona. Finally, last year Ben put up numbers that Steelers fans haven't seen in a long time!!!

I think Ben is going to continue to improve his numbers the next few years and be one of the top QBs in the league.... no question about!

:towelwave:

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 12:36 PM
:rofl:

It's ok Tampa, we still luv ya....:sHa_friends:

Thank you..but i'm still sick of hearing about "THE ACCIDENT" :greengrin:

steelerschick1220
08-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I am sick of hearing about the accident as well, but she was just asking a question. It was two years ago and everyone just needs to let it go!!!!!!

I have heard stories that Ben is an arrogant jerk and others say that he is one of the nicest guys they have ever met. He comes across as so nice and gracious in his interviews that I have a hard time picturing him as a jerk, but he could be. I think you develop some arrogance when playing QB in the league. The QB gets all the glory so it is bound to go to his head a little bit. Someone said that he seems to keep to himself, so that may be why he comes across as arrogant. I agree. I am a very shy, keep to myself sort of person and I know thereare times where I probably come across as a snobby beeotch. It isn't my intent, but it just happens.

LatrobePA
08-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Ooops! I didn't even pay attention to that part, sorry. Don't mean to give you hard time since you're new..My bad! :grin1:

IT'S LATROBES FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

I know, but I'll still kick your arse!! LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM
This thread blows.......Sorry but let the freaking accident go....It was 2 years ago already.......Yea Ben probably did get a bit cocky after the success he had early on....He is only human.....lol.....I would be exactly the same way if I had been the starting QB for a Super Bowl champion in only my second year as a pro....

Another thing people that think they know Ben personally on the way he acts in training camp is crap....When you hang with the guy and actually get to know him in his personal life then talk to me...lol

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I know, but I'll still kick your arse!! LOL

:bunny: Bring it big boy!!!! :bunny: :grin1:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 03:51 PM
I swear I was about to post the exact same thing!! I mean his accident was 2 freaking years ago...let it rest! Sounds like the freaking media!! I"m so sick of hearing about this! I don't think Ben is as cocky as everything thinks he is, I beleive he's more of a "to himself" kind of person. He may come off that way but doesn't seem to like the spotlight much. Every interview I see him on he seems quite gracious.
I think Ben has matured so much since his accident and I think he learned a huge lesson, I think alot of young players make stupid mistakes, at least he learned his lession. Perhaps Ben was cocky after the SB win but have you seen Hines Ward lately???? I hear he's quite the whore and an *******!!!! He's become quite cocky as well, I see Ben stepping up as a true leader, don't see that from Hines and it's disappoints me.

This post is on the lines of a Ben bashing post as is every Troy post......It's crap! let's move on!!!

Ben bashing is crap.......But Troy bashing isn't.....Its complete crap that people keep defending the over-rated piece of trash that Troy Polamalu has become....:lol:

October 22, 2006 was his last INT....November 19, 2006 was his last sack......Don't know how anybody can defend Troy since he has been worthless for almost two seasons.....

Finally he actually took some snaps this pre-season last night...I bet 2-3 games into the season Troy will be hurt again and a non factor when he comes back just like he has since mid-season 2006......

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Ben bashing is crap.......But Troy bashing isn't.....Its complete crap that people keep defending the over-rated piece of trash that Troy Polamalu has become....:lol:

October 22, 2006 was his last INT....November 19, 2006 was his last sack......Don't know how anybody can defend Troy since he has been worthless for almost two seasons.....

Finally he actually took some snaps this pre-season last night...I bet 2-3 games into the season Troy will be hurt again and a non factor when he comes back just like he has since mid-season 2006......

Oh shiat I knew this was coming....:popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Great, somebody got BG32 started on Troy...look out :lol:

LatrobePA
08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
:bunny: Bring it big boy!!!! :bunny: :grin1:

:banana::banana::banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Oh shiat I knew this was coming....:popcorn:

You knew what was coming?.........Just pointing out fact that Troy has played like shiat for almost two seasons.....:lol:

He makes the Pro Bowl every year and some people still regard him as one of the best defensives players in the NFL....Sorry but when your last sack or INT was almost two seasons ago I find it laughable that Troy still makes the Pro Bowl and some people still think he impacts a game....

Sure Troy still impacts a game but in a negative way....With his blown coverages and miss tackles...His lack of big plays......The guy is a bum and he needs to have once in a lifetime type of season for me to root for the guy again...I hope he blows his knee out...I really can't stand him......:lol:

**** Troy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Top Three People I Hate The Most In The World Today

3. Osama Bin Laden
2. George W. Bush
1. Troy Polamalu

I hope everybody gets the picture on I feel about Troy.....:lol:

JensK
08-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Couldnt you at least rework the sentence just a little? :-P This is getting old :grin1:

Imo, this is the most important season for ben yet. He just got a new huge *** contract, and he played amazing last year. Everybody (even other fans from the division) expect big big things from Big Ben. If he can't live up to that, we'll demand his head on a plate, just like we are with troy. Its rough, its cold but its plain business. You wan't performance at the same level as last year, if not better. Especially since he got that contract.

Im sure ben is up for the task though. He is still a young guy, and he has got a lot of stuff to learn yet, also in the leadershiprole. You can't blaim him for not being prof. though. He'll go out there and get the job done, and if you can't he'll blaim him self to take preasure off the other players.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Couldnt you at least rework the sentence just a little? :-P This is getting old :grin1:

Imo, this is the most important season for ben yet. He just got a new huge *** contract, and he played amazing last year. Everybody (even other fans from the division) expect big big things from Big Ben. If he can't live up to that, we'll demand his head on a plate, just like we are with troy. Its rough, its cold but its plain business. You wan't performance at the same level as last year, if not better. Especially since he got that contract.

Im sure ben is up for the task though. He is still a young guy, and he has got a lot of stuff to learn yet, also in the leadershiprole. You can't blaim him for not being prof. though. He'll go out there and get the job done, and if you can't he'll blaim him self to take preasure off the other players.

JensK
08-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Again nobody can bring anything to the debate about Troy....Just the same lame *** bull shiat response from most...Troy fans get so butt hurt when somebody knocks their boy....:lol: Its getting old? Really like I care what the **** you think....:lol:

If you can quote me defending Troy in my post, i shall personaly travel all over the sea from Denmark to do whatever you ask me to. All i was stating was that everyone have been reading that sentence to death, and you need to rework it, so we get some new stuff on the site. Thats all i was saying great lord of coolness :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
If you can quote me defending Troy in my post, i shall personaly travel all over the sea from Denmark to do whatever you ask me to. All i was stating was that everyone have been reading that sentence to death, and you need to rework it, so we get some new stuff on the site. Thats all i was saying great lord of coolness :lol:

Ok....my bad.....Troy Polamalu just sends me over the deep end anymore.....

yinzer
08-29-2008, 05:18 PM
ben is great. who cares what his personality is.

SteelCityPride08
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
There is no other QB in the league that I would rather have then Ben. I dont care if he's a D!$& to people on the street, or even if he was rude to me. I only want him to win, and play his *** off. I dont expect him to jump up and down in the street for me if we run into eachother because I'm decked out in Steeler gear. His job is to entertain me because I pay his bills. I think its fair to expect 100% from him and all the other Steelers, and not 1% less. Just win baby..but if he's mean to my daughter I would have to punch his lights out......lol

:lol:

Stairwayto7
08-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Ben will emerge as on e of the elite this year though one can argue he is already.
Way to welcome the newbie Latrobe....:lol:

Amen!

I hope his cockiness off the field, is just his need for more pricvacey. I`m not sure he like the constant limelight. He was a 1st rounder, set an NFL record for wins in a rookie season, and won a SuperBowl very very young. There is alot of pressure and alot of attention thrust on to him at a very young age. I think he has handled it alright, I just hope he keeps his level head

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 06:17 PM
You knew what was coming?.........Just pointing out fact that Troy has played like shiat for almost two seasons.....:lol:

He makes the Pro Bowl every year and some people still regard him as one of the best defensives players in the NFL....Sorry but when your last sack or INT was almost two seasons ago I find it laughable that Troy still makes the Pro Bowl and some people still think he impacts a game....

Sure Troy still impacts a game but in a negative way....With his blown coverages and miss tackles...His lack of big plays......The guy is a bum and he needs to have once in a lifetime type of season for me to root for the guy again...I hope he blows his knee out...I really can't stand him......:lol:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

3. Osama Bin Laden
2. George W. Bush
1. Troy Polamalu

I hope everybody gets the picture on I feel about Troy.....:lol: I know Troy has not been what we would want him to be the last couple seasons, but make no mistake about him. He is still one of the best in the game. He's been hurt, and thats part of the game. Last year he was used different, then the year before thats why no SACKS or INTS. Dick is going to change that this year. They put him in more coverage situation, instead of letting him roam free like before. This was in the Steeler digest last year, and this was a choice made by are new head coach. It was something that didn't work, and I know that they will correct that. also Troy was hurt all season.
And no matter what you say about him, he is one of 2 or 3 players in the NFL that give O coordinators nighmares. You have to account for him ever single time he is on the field. It doesn't matter if he is hurt or not, people fear him because he is great.
I love Troy, and I believe he will heal and get better. He is a class act, and always has been. He plays at 110%. Getting hurt is something that just comes with hitting like that. The native name I have given him is, "Runs With Wind In His Hair." I'm not native, but thats what I see when I look at him...:gs:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Amen!

I hope his cockiness off the field, is just his need for more pricvacey. I`m not sure he like the constant limelight. He was a 1st rounder, set an NFL record for wins in a rookie season, and won a SuperBowl very very young. There is alot of pressure and alot of attention thrust on to him at a very young age. I think he has handled it alright, I just hope he keeps his level head
I think he will be just fine. After 12 or 13 years in the league he will not only be thought of as the best Steeler QB, but his name will be brought up with guys like Elway, Montana, and Marino as "Who is the best ever?" I think he's great, and after 4 years in the league has done better then any QB in the history of the sport. He rocks, you rock, man, this forum rocks....:cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Troy a great player?.......True great players can adapt to any scheme.....So don't use that he was used different by a new HC crap.....Of course injuries have been some what of a factor.....But Hines Ward hasn't been the most healthiest player the last few years and he still produces some what...Not Ward in his prime production but still solid production....

Some fans will always defend Troy and its nuts....If Troy played in a market like Chicago or New York....he would roasted by the media/fans for his poor play the past 1.5 seasons.....

This season is a big one for p$ssy a$$ Troy......Sorry but he has another lack luster year the Steelers will have no choice but to dump his butt......

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Troy a great player?.......True great players can adapt to any scheme.....So don't use that he was used different by a new HC crap.....Of course injuries have been some what of a factor.....But Hines Ward hasn't been the most healthiest player the last few years and he still produces some what...Not Ward in his prime production but still solid production....

Some fans will always defend Troy and its nuts....If Troy played in a market like Chicago or New York....he would roasted by the media/fans for his poor play the past 1.5 seasons.....

This season is a big one for p$ssy a$$ Troy......Sorry but he has another lack luster year the Steelers will have no choice but to dump his butt...... I think Troys play speaks for itself on this. You can tell he was hurt because of all that he has done in the past. Hines was not as hurt as Troy, thats not fair to compair the two. Hines knows where he is suppose to go, Troy has no clue what route the WR is going to run, and needs to be able to cut a lot faster than what his body would let him do. there is no doubt in NY he would get a ton of crap for the way he has played, but the is no other player I would rather have than Troy.
I told my dad pretty much the same thing you are saying now, and thats Troy better have a big year or he could run the risk of being cut. They let Woodson go, because they were not going to pay him the money, Troy wont be any different. I am on your side when it comes to production, and Troy has not done much in 1.5 years. but I still believe in him, and I think he will do great this year.
I dont care who you are, this Def is tough to learn, and when they change you, and put you into different formations is going to take some time. He was hurt all season, so I will give him a pass, but he needs to play a lot better this year. Like you said, he should be able to adapt to anything, and I agree for the most part. I really think he has been hurt since just before Superbowl XL. give him a chance please, he wont let you down.:yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I think Troys play speaks for itself on this. You can tell he was hurt because of all that he has done in the past. Hines was not as hurt as Troy, thats not fair to compair the two. Hines knows where he is suppose to go, Troy has no clue what route the WR is going to run, and needs to be able to cut a lot faster than what his body would let him do. there is no doubt in NY he would get a ton of crap for the way he has played, but the is no other player I would rather have than Troy.
I told my dad pretty much the same thing you are saying now, and thats Troy better have a big year or he could run the risk of being cut. They let Woodson go, because they were not going to pay him the money, Troy wont be any different. I am on your side when it comes to production, and Troy has not done much in 1.5 years. but I still believe in him, and I think he will do great this year.
I dont care who you are, this Def is tough to learn, and when they change you, and put you into different formations is going to take some time. He was hurt all season, so I will give him a pass, but he needs to play a lot better this year. Like you said, he should be able to adapt to anything, and I agree for the most part. I really think he has been hurt since just before Superbowl XL. give him a chance please, he wont let you down.:yellowthumb:

Fair enough....................I'm done with my complaints with Troy...Even if he stinks it up and is hurt again all year you won't hear a peep from me about Troy....For real I'm done with the rants and I will let Troy's play speak for itself good or bad...Then next off-season we will see if Troy has a future with us or if the Steelers do have a decision on their hands....

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 07:11 PM
You don't really mean that do you man...I mean for real you live to rag on Troy ever since he started playing poorly 2 years ago :lol: No player on this team, including Ben himself is above criticism when they stink or just don't play up to their potential. I know you want Troy to have a big year just like anyone else and earn that money he's making but you can bet your last dollar if he plays poorly this year I'll be the first to start calling for a trade or release.

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 07:23 PM
You don't really mean that do you man...I mean for real you live to rag on Troy ever since he started playing poorly 2 years ago :lol: No player on this team, including Ben himself is above criticism when they stink or just don't play up to their potential. I know you want Troy to have a big year just like anyone else and earn that money he's making but you can bet your last dollar if he plays poorly this year I'll be the first to start calling for a trade or release. I agree, there is no player above the Steelers, and If Troy blows this year, then I just wasted $6.00 on my new Troy poster, and he will be gone. This is not an easy spot to fill on your team though. but if you are paying that much cash you really need that player to be there, and be productive. I think it will be all good, and Troy will be back to himself this year.
Still, he made the probowl last year and didn't do crap. That says a lot about him, and how good other players ARE NOT at his position.

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 07:42 PM

I know that was me..didn't even think about that when I posted what I did. Dudes got issues!!! :grin1:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 07:45 PM
You don't really mean that do you man...I mean for real you live to rag on Troy ever since he started playing poorly 2 years ago :lol: No player on this team, including Ben himself is above criticism when they stink or just don't play up to their potential. I know you want Troy to have a big year just like anyone else and earn that money he's making but you can bet your last dollar if he plays poorly this year I'll be the first to start calling for a trade or release.

For real I'm done with it.....I will only refer to him as #43 from now on also.....I won't use his name and won't complain once about #43 all season.......I think I have said all I can about #43.......

But through all my rants I don't think I ever called #43 to be traded or cut.....You don't get nothing for cutting a player and #43 trade value wouldn't be as high right now so the Steelers would get the shaft....

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I know that was me..didn't even think about that when I posted what I did. Dudes got issues!!! :grin1:

Assumptions are the mother of all **** ups......:lol: You don't know shiat about me to make a claim like that or do you think you're so ****ing perfect that you think you're
above others......

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 07:47 PM
It's a lose-lose situation if Troy stinks. He won't be worth anything more than a 4th rounder and cutting him makes us eat his salary. the only way we win is if Troy plays well this year again. I'll be the first one twirling my towel for him to do well and I'll be cheering him everytime he makes a good play but you can lay down odds that if he doesn't do well then cutting the apron strings and biting the bullet might be a last resort option if he can't be traded.

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 08:03 PM

[AutoMerged Post Below]

3. Osama Bin Laden
2. George W. Bush
1. Troy Polamalu

I hope everybody gets the picture on I feel about Troy.....:lol:

Trust me we all get how you feel about troy....post after post ad nausem!

Now, when Troy plays good this season....will you shut your pie hole then???? :question-1:

Cant believe you actually have Troy before that *** Bush!! :duh:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Assumptions are the mother of all **** ups......:lol: You don't know shiat about me to make a claim like that or do you think you're so ****ing perfect that you think you're
above others......

Well I use to know you and you use to be a nice person, don't know what happened to you! Can't even joke around with you as i'm finding out once again. Yea sure i'm perfect....just as everyone else is. Good times as always! THanks!:evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Relax peoples, no sense letting Polamalu get everyone all worked up. I know he's God's gift the NFL and all but it's not that bad is it? ;)

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 08:26 PM
WORD....

SteelerSal
08-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Tommy Maddox wasn't arrogant so.........maybe we can cut Ben and resign Tommy.:duh:

yinzer
08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
wow, someone take control of this thread!!

SteelerSal
08-29-2008, 08:56 PM

I thought I just did.:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 10:02 PM

Thread under control no worries; nothing like alittle spirited talking just before the season starts to get the juices flowing. Trust me bro, if BG32 really would have went off you would know it :lol:

I thought I just did.:lol:

yes you did, now where is Tommy gun again? :D

Dean Denton
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
If Troy plays bad I will treat him the same way I treat all Steelers. I will stand behind him till the bitter end. I will cheer for him like I have done so many before him. Troy plays for my team, and until he does not, he's got me in his corner.
I mean come on guys, I'm the same guy that still has my Kordell jersey up in my Steeler room. I still wear my Woodson jersey. These guys are my family, and I will never turn my back on them. Because when they win, I always say, " I was there all along." I know nothing of fair weather, and I always have their backs. Just dont be like Maddox because I start lose my patience after too much crap...

yinzer
08-30-2008, 01:10 PM
If Troy plays bad I will treat him the same way I treat all Steelers. I will stand behind him till the bitter end. I will cheer for him like I have done so many before him. Troy plays for my team, and until he does not, he's got me in his corner.
I mean come on guys, I'm the same guy that still has my Kordell jersey up in my Steeler room. I still wear my Woodson jersey. These guys are my family, and I will never turn my back on them. Because when they win, I always say, " I was there all along." I know nothing of fair weather, and I always have their backs. Just dont be like Maddox because I start lose my patience after too much crap...

:plus1: nice avatar by the way! my wife looks like her! (in my mind she does)!!! :yesnod:

SteelerSteve
08-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I agree, there is no player above the Steelers, and If Troy blows this year, then I just wasted $6.00 on my new Troy poster, and he will be gone. This is not an easy spot to fill on your team though. but if you are paying that much cash you really need that player to be there, and be productive. I think it will be all good, and Troy will be back to himself this year.
Still, he made the probowl last year and didn't do crap. That says a lot about him, and how good other players ARE NOT at his position.
Cool another Steeler fan from Washington State! Home of the cry babies indeed. lol Anyway, Bens never came across as arrogant at all to me. He always seems fairly humble in the interviews. If he was a dick to a fan he probably deserved it cause when you think about it most fans are annoying as **** lol Imagine if you had to deal with drunk, overweight middle aged men yelling at you to sign their hairy back and sweaty *** XXL Jerseys lol

Dean Denton
09-02-2008, 12:11 PM
:plus1: nice avatar by the way! my wife looks like her! (in my mind she does)!!! :yesnod:
Yeah, my wife is pretty somkin hot. too bad I have to keep her drunk to stay with me. If she ever saw what I really looked like.....whoa, that would be bad....lol

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Cool another Steeler fan from Washington State! Home of the cry babies indeed. lol Anyway, Bens never came across as arrogant at all to me. He always seems fairly humble in the interviews. If he was a dick to a fan he probably deserved it cause when you think about it most fans are annoying as **** lol Imagine if you had to deal with drunk, overweight middle aged men yelling at you to sign their hairy back and sweaty *** XXL Jerseys lol
I agree. They were like that in Portland when I wrestled. They always are drunk, and want a picture taken or something signed. However, I never really cared when it was a hot chick....lol

bfields988
09-03-2008, 12:56 AM
ok so for my first thread it was very interesting...sorry to put big ben down but i figured it was something that would bring in a lot of feedback...and i want everyone to know that even though i put him down a little i still think he is the best QB in the nfl and is getting better each year! I'll still stick behind him and any other player through anything

what ive learned...big ben is errogant yet still an amazing QB, Troy is a touchy subject for certain ppl lol, and some guys have hott wives, and latrobe thinks my thread sucks ((im sry to disappoint u with my thread but i am new and what exactly is ur idea of a good post??))...yea im glad i joined ((seriously))

:ty:

K Train
09-03-2008, 02:12 AM
this thread is pretty retarded....i dont think its fair for alot of you to call him arrogant, im arrogant...hes a pro athlete who does his job good...theres nothing wrong with a little bounce in your step when your in his position. hes such a prick though, i mean all that money he donates to children hospitals and what not, oh and all that playoff, and superbowl, and pro bowl bonuses that he gave away to charities. He takes all the blams even when its not him and he gives out tons of credit even when its not deserved

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2008, 05:59 AM
If Ben wasn't alittle arrogant I would probably think there is something wrong with him, even Eli who looks as homely as it gets can be alittle snippy about his performance and such when he's confronted about it. It's just par for the course, no worries. Ben fits right in with the Steeler mold of players and attitude overall and that's the main thing...oh well that and the fact that he's a pretty OK quarterback. :redcool:

steelerschick1220
09-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I think that most qb's tend to be somewhat arrogant. I think it just comes with the nature of the game and the position. However, Ben does appear to be a stand up guy who does do an awful lot of stuff for the community and to help people.

bfields988
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I wasn't talking about him giving stuff to charity and what not...there are tons of athletes that do that. im talking about him getting too confident and then making stupid mistakes and i am not talking about recently either bc he has been proving himself better year after year....it was just in the begining and the yr after the superbowl.

Dean Denton
09-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Bens ok. He walks the walk...I think he plays hard out there. Dude has been running for his life the last two seasons. And after starting the first 4 years better than any QB in the history of the sport, I think he's earned the right to have a little swagger... go Ben:cope:

Clevelandsux
09-03-2008, 10:34 PM

Ben is our franchise. Yes, he was young and dumb and thought he was invincible. But, he has lived, learned and I'm sure grown from it. That was two years ago.Ben carried this team on his back last year. We had a ****** o-line. And he had a great season. Had we not had ben, no way we would have made the playoffs.

Who would you suggest as better than Ben? Would you bring back Kordell?

K Train
09-04-2008, 02:36 AM
I wasn't talking about him giving stuff to charity and what not...there are tons of athletes that do that. im talking about him getting too confident and then making stupid mistakes and i am not talking about recently either bc he has been proving himself better year after year....it was just in the begining and the yr after the superbowl.

you know what happens when a QB loses faith in his arm? he second guesses himself and ultimately fails. you need to believe you can make every throw.....and he not only believes it....he actually can. if you call him running around, breaking tackles and trying to buy just one extra second to make a big play making a stupid mistake your nuts. I call that doing work and making **** happen...for everytime you guys bitch about him holding on to the ball to long, he breaks away and makes a big play to match it

SteelerSal
09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Ben is our franchise. Yes, he was young and dumb and thought he was invincible. But, he has lived, learned and I'm sure grown from it. That was two years ago.Ben carried this team on his back last year. We had a shiatty o-line. And he had a great season. Had we not had ben, no way we would have made the playoffs.

Wow..........You just described Bradshaw.
I guess that puts Ben in pretty good company because only those two led us to the RINGS.:cope:

TampaSteelGirl
09-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Wow..........You just described Bradshaw.
I guess that puts Ben in pretty good company because only those two led us to the RINGS.:cope:

Exactly!! And you both make very good points!! Ben HAS carried the team on his back for a couple years, especially last year. CAn you imagine running for your life play after play...Can you see Carson Palmer slapping the shiat out of his Oline each play! Ben is always poised and doesn't point the finger of blame on anyone! His words always come out as "he did this or that" or "team" can't say that for every QB in the league!! He's a true leader!!! I use to be so high on Hines but i've been disappointed in him, he has not stepped up as a leader at all. I bought a Ben jersey this year and plan to wear it instead of my HIines jersey!! :tt02:

Stairwayto7
09-04-2008, 09:15 AM
As long as we win, everything else is nothing. But..........

I hope Ben isn`t as bad as everyone is saying, off the field.

And, Troy does owe us a good season to make up for the past two sub par years. Or else.

K Train
09-04-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13870&highlight=troy+training

troy is a bitch and were in for another disappointing season....but thanks for loving him blindly, we need people like you

steelerfan11
09-04-2008, 02:27 PM

And, Troy does owe us a good season to make up for the past two sub par years. Or else.

Ok well i only met Ben once...but that one time he was extremely nice and joked around with me and my friends. I have other friends that have met him and they all say he is a ton of fun to be around. I am proud to have his autograph and his jersey!

You put any other QB in Ben's shoes with our crappy OL....you can bet money they cry constantly and blame every bad throw they make on not having enough time. I would take Ben over any QB in the league!!

:cope:

bfields988
09-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Ben is our franchise. Yes, he was young and dumb and thought he was invincible. But, he has lived, learned and I'm sure grown from it. That was two years ago.Ben carried this team on his back last year. We had a shiatty o-line. And he had a great season. Had we not had ben, no way we would have made the playoffs.

no like i said i still think he is one of the best QB's in the NFL if not the best and i stick behind him no matter what

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Troy and Hines both owe us a really good year...we need the best from everyone this year!