PDA

View Full Version : CUTS= Mendenhall and Sweed

SteelerSal
08-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Both of these guys need to settle their butts down and get back to form and be the players they were that gave them the right to be drafted #1 and #2.

Mendy, hold on to the damn ball and Sweed keep telling your self, "The ball is my friend".

Cut out the mentall errors.:rant2:This crap will only fly alittle during preseason but during the regular season when it counts, you both will lose the team and coaches trust.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Dude that thread title made me laugh :bluelol:

Sweed is going to struggle this year and he gets used to playing against NFL defensive backs so I expect to see him drop some balls, run wrong routes, etc as he gets used to playing. Holmes' first year was nothing great and as I remember he dropped a lot of passes. Im not worried about Limas he just needs time like all WR's do.

Mendenhall Im not completely down on him but right now he's not running with confidence and the fumbling is in head. I don't know how much carrying a ball around everywhere is going to help but he needs to just relax and play because you can't be dropping the ball in a game situation like he has been.

Captcoolhand
08-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I didn't get to see the game but did mantheball fumble again?

SteelerSal
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
I didn't get to see the game but did mantheball fumble again?

Sure did and Sweed dropped a sure td with no defender within his same zip code.

Koopa
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
i've seen sweeds whole career, he will drop passes, get used to it, it will be his thing, but he will come through in the clutch, and that's all that matters

facethepain
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
sweed will be good and that running back will be a beast i live in chciago i saw all of the il games in played just wait you will see

Stlrs4Life
08-29-2008, 11:16 AM
I think Sweed will be ok with some more experience.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Sure did and Sweed dropped a sure td with no defender within his same zip code.

well on the positive side..he did get wide open..:grin1:

jpele
08-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Every time they threw a pass to Sweed, I asked myself ...why is Ike Taylor wearing # 14 :grin1: