PDA

View Full Version : Panther game had some good and some bad

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Ben and the first team offense played 2 drives and after the center exchange fumble they were able to pull it together on the 2nd drive and go right down for the TD courtesy of Carey Davis' 6 yd run.

The first team defense allowed the Panthers to drive down for the FG but then tightened up. Carolina is not exactly a powerhouse so these guys need to tighten up their game.

Sweed dropped a couple easy passes tonight, one was wide open for a TD.

Mendenhall had a real good game and ran hard, except for the fumble. The dude has potential but man he scares me right now in a game situation.

Leftwich was solid tonight and made his case to be the backup. He made several nice intermediate route throws that were right on the money and seemed to have a good grasp of the offense so far.

AZ_Steeler
08-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Did Ben even throw a pass??? :scratch:

Two last second FG's in consecutive weeks in a definite confidence builder for Reed!

Koopa
08-29-2008, 12:22 AM
i'm not worried about mendenhall, willie fumbled a few times the last couple of years and ppl don't worry about him, i feel better now that we have a running back that willie can complement lol

get used to the easy dropped passes from sweed, it will happen regularly, but he will make clutch catches so that's all that matters

MOTORKRAFT
08-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Preseason is over. Cuts are coming, and the next thing you know it all means something. The opening day of the regular season is like Christmas to me. I can't wait.

steelersgal86
08-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Sweed dropped a couple easy passes tonight, one was wide open for a TD.

for some reason that is not a shocker :duh:I didnt get to see the game but I am sure it will be on NFL network today and all weekend so I will.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 07:49 AM
It was a real pretty pass from Leftwich, he had Sweed right in stride after he beat his man and it was an easy jog right into the end zone. The ball hit him in the hands he turned his head slightly to start running and then bobbled it and dropped it :duh: I felt so bad for him.LOL

bfields988
08-29-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm out of town right now i rly wish that i could have watched the game but it wasn't on any tv stations so i found a radio station online and listened to it lol it just isn't the same without the picture.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Considering that only about 50,000 fans showed up and none of the Panthers starters even played it wasn't a great performance by any stretch. Your typical 4th preseason game when nobody wants to be out there except the backups trying to make the team and they tend to press so hard that they force the issue and end up making more mistakes than they did in the 1st game..LOL.

Im just glad preseason is over!

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 01:47 PM
for some reason that is not a shocker :duh:I didnt get to see the game but I am sure it will be on NFL network today and all weekend so I will. Its on NFL network @11am pacific time today. I already set my Tivo. I didn't see it scheduled for any time in the next 3 days though.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

It was a real pretty pass from Leftwich, he had Sweed right in stride after he beat his man and it was an easy jog right into the end zone. The ball hit him in the hands he turned his head slightly to start running and then bobbled it and dropped it :duh: I felt so bad for him.LOL
He'll get it together, and be huge for us in the red zone. Just as long as he doesn't jump up off the ground after catching a first down and spike the ball like some one I remember.....lol:nono:

TampaSteelGirl
08-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Its on NFL network @11am pacific time today. I already set my Tivo. I didn't see it scheduled for any time in the next 3 days though.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

He'll get it together, and be huge for us in the red zone. Just as long as he doesn't jump up off the ground after catching a first down and spike the ball like some one I remember.....lol:nono:

I did the same thing so I can sit back relax and watch it tonight and best part...I know the outcome! :grin1:

ejsteeler
08-29-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah baby!! I am ready for the season to start!!!:tt02: :cope: :yellowthumb: :banana: :clap: :bigthumb: :busted1: :grin3: :dance3: :banana3: :bounce2: :danceshout: :banana2: :cabbagepatch: :dance: :thewave: :jump1: :givemebeer: :tdcheer: :touchdownrun: :drool: :smoking: :drunk: :cool1: :beer2: :toot: :gs: :steelerssign: :woodson: :towelwave: :steelersrocksign:

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I did the same thing so I can sit back relax and watch it tonight and best part...I know the outcome! :grin1: Yeah, I didn't even know the game was on last night until espn posted the final score. I'll watch it tonight, and enjoy it because I know the final score..:tt02:

K Train
08-29-2008, 03:40 PM
watching it now....i know that mendenhall fumbles which makes all of you **** your pants but holy **** the dude runs ****ing hard. Bryant Mcfadden had a nice pick and what i really like is how much keisel beefed up, hes looking really good out there. the defense is swarming, timmons and harrison are everywhere

steelerschick1220
08-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Okay, in a regular season game situation, I will be holding my breath every time we give Mendenhall the ball. Just not at all pleased to see him fumble so much over the last two games.

Regular season is almost here!!!!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!! I will be practically bouncing off the walls.

K Train
08-29-2008, 03:55 PM
i dont know if that was the sweed drop TD you guys are talking about but they are challenging it and the dude showed awesome body control at the very least even though i already know its not gonna count lol

K Train
08-29-2008, 04:13 PM
eason really hasnt been as terrible as we thought he was

JensK
08-29-2008, 05:16 PM
i dont know if that was the sweed drop TD you guys are talking about but they are challenging it and the dude showed awesome body control at the very least even though i already know its not gonna count lol

I didnt watch the game, but i suppose it was the catch he made down in the far cornor in the endzone? In the highlight vid. on NFL.com it really looked like he had both feet down?

SteelCityPride08
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I didnt watch the game, but i suppose it was the catch he made down in the far cornor in the endzone? In the highlight vid. on NFL.com it really looked like he had both feet down?

It was a great catch but his *** hit the ground out of bounds first before his second foot hit in bounds, good call by the refs