PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Harrison, Townsend injured

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2008, 11:23 PM
He went down tonight and it appeared to be pretty bad but he was able to walk off under his own power. I just heard Tunch & Bill talking about it but I missed part of what they were saying about the severity of it but they were mentioning that the depth is now being tested so it must be pretty serious.

Does anyone have an update on it?

Townsend was hurt on the initial defensive series and had ice on his knee or ankle, they didn't think it was too serious at this point as far as I've heard.

steelmann58
08-29-2008, 01:08 AM
Being reported after the game Tore ACL

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2008, 07:04 AM
oh man, that's not good :evilshake: Arnold was having a real good camp and the coaches were really happy with him this year. This is going to test our depth at LB immediately and force Keyaron Fox into a more prominant role to play backup on the outside and also give Timmons more playing too incase they need him to play some outside and switch back n forth although I don't know much they'd want him doing that at this point.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I think Humpal will be a good "plug and play" LB to throw in the mix.I know we haven't seen much of him this preseason,but the guy is pretty solid.

facethepain
08-29-2008, 07:53 AM
it will be ok the black and gold will over come

SteelerSal
08-29-2008, 07:55 AM
oh man, that's not good :evilshake: Arnold was having a real good camp and the coaches were really happy with him this year. This is going to test our depth at LB immediately and force Keyaron Fox into a more prominant role to play backup on the outside and also give Timmons more playing too incase they need him to play some outside and switch back n forth although I don't know much they'd want him doing that at this point.

Fox has looked really good on special teams and when he has been on the field so I feel pretty good about him if he was needed to fill in for an injury.
As for Harrison, i felt that he was pretty solid himself. Hope that he can get back to 100% next season.

ejsteeler
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Like Tomlin says, injuries are no excuse and everyone on the team should be able to participate. We have enough talent in LB's that I'm not worried....yet. :yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
08-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Any word on Townsend?

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 01:23 PM
This is the part about football that I hate. I hate it when people get hurt. I would llove to see just one season where no one got injured.....yeah right. Might be easier to ask for world peace.
PS, I hate you Tom Brady....

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Sucks about Arnold Harrison...He was looking solid this pre-season and really made some strides as a player...I was looking for him to spell James Harrison and Woodley at times this year.....Thats out the window.....

As for Townsend...He is a solid vet and I hope his injury isn't to serious...But at the same time I still want to see McFadden out there...He is in a contract year and really the Steelers need to find out if he is worth resigning....I want him to have a good season....

yinzer
08-29-2008, 06:21 PM
mcfadden is fine.

JensK
08-29-2008, 06:23 PM
If McFadden will quit making dumb things and play like we know he can, then we are all set on that position anyways, imo.

jpele
08-29-2008, 07:57 PM
If McFadden will quit making dumb things and play like we know he can, then we are all set on that position anyways, imo.

Thats the problem with McFadden, he'll make a spectacular then turn around and look like a rookie. Maybe steady playing time will take care of that.