PDA

View Full Version : My first post

Dean Denton
08-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here and would like to give a shout out to all my Steeler brothers and sisters. I look forward to a great season and hope we really bring the thunder.
I live out here in Seattle, and let me tell you what a treat this has been for the last few years...lol I love it.
I just got my NFL Sunday ticket so I wont be missing any of the Steeler games ever again. Well, unless the power goes out. I always would go watch the games with the Black & Gold Brigade, but after my baby was born last summer it made it kinda hard to get away. This is a great bar in Factoria Washington. Now I will just have to be forced to watch on my 60 inch wide screen in my Steeler room....
My oldest daughter just turned 13, she req her first Steeler shirt, and is ready to watch the games with Daddy. This request brought a tear to my eye...:cope: She claims that she can get them to the Superbowl just by watching and cheering them on. She said to do this I'm going to have to provide her with pop and candy no matter what time the game is on. To me this is fair. She is a doll, and if I can figure out how to work that dang avitar I will put her picture in there. She wants to learn the game, and play. Who am I to stop her....:yellowthumb:
Lets get um this year guys.....:tt02:

ejsteeler
08-27-2008, 12:15 PM
:sup: and :welcome: Have a blast!!!!

Hey, wait, You already did this....:lol:.....oh well, your still welcome to have a blast....

Dean Denton
08-27-2008, 12:22 PM
:sup: and :welcome: Have a blast!!!!

Hey, wait, You already did this....:lol:.....oh well, your still welcome to have a blast....
I know, but my computer froze, and I did think it went through. I guess I could have checked better....lol

AZ_Steeler
08-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Awesome story!!!! You've done good! :bigthumb:

Steelersfan
08-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Welcome to SA!!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

PsychoWard
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
:sup: and :welcome: again!

Stairwayto7
08-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Yo! Yo! Welcome! Go Steelers

NOVA STEELERS
08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
:welcome: II enjoy the site :cope: :cope:

Aunkster
08-27-2008, 07:12 PM
welcome bro

Dean Denton
08-27-2008, 07:18 PM
welcome bro
If I could start my life over again I would have never married a Cowboys fan. What a messy divorce that was. But at least I made off with all that Cowboy toilet paper...lol

Aunkster
08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
and i just got 2 tickets to see steelers vs cowboys in pittsburgh on dec 7th..lol

AZSteelerfan
08-28-2008, 06:16 AM
:welcome:

steelersgal86
08-28-2008, 06:19 AM
:welcome: you better stock up on candy :yellowthumb:

Dean Denton
08-28-2008, 05:52 PM
:welcome: you better stock up on candy :yellowthumb:
I will do whatever it takes. Even if that means buying another $250.00 jacket. I bought the four time superbowl champs lettermans jacket, and they won their fith ring that year, but that was ok with me....lol I'll get my daughter a ton of candy, she an athlete, and can take it...

steelersgal86
08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I will do whatever it takes. Even if that means buying another $250.00 jacket. I bought the four time superbowl champs lettermans jacket, and they won their fith ring that year, but that was ok with me....lol I'll get my daughter a ton of candy, she an athlete, and can take it...

Go out and buy the jacket :crossfingers::crossfingers::greengrin:

Dean Denton
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Go out and buy the jacket :crossfingers::crossfingers::greengrin:
Man, that 5 time superbowl champ jacket is about $350.00. It the all leather one. I dont know if my wife will go for it. I would do it, if she would ok it. I'm hoping my daughter brings the spark we need. Everything I tried last year failed, so I have to try a new angle...Maybe if I could get someone to buy that kacket for me it would work better.....lol

steelersgal86
08-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Man, that 5 time superbowl champ jacket is about $350.00. It the all leather one. I dont know if my wife will go for it. I would do it, if she would ok it. I'm hoping my daughter brings the spark we need. Everything I tried last year failed, so I have to try a new angle...Maybe if I could get someone to buy that kacket for me it would work better.....lol

:nono: you bought the first one yourself so I think you need to buy this one too..did you check ebay?

Dean Denton
08-28-2008, 07:05 PM
:nono: you bought the first one yourself so I think you need to buy this one too..did you check ebay? Your right, if someone else buys it, it wont work. No, I didn't check e-bay. Who in their right mind would sell their Steeler jacket? I will check though, it couldn't hurt. Even a used beat up one will do the trick. I think. Now you got me thinking to hard on it. My other one showed up when we were playing the Packers, and Brett fumbled, and Troy took off with the ball. What a great day that was. I missed the play because the UPS guy was bangin on the door.....I lived...lol

steelersgal86
08-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Your right, if someone else buys it, it wont work. No, I didn't check e-bay. Who in their right mind would sell their Steeler jacket? I will check though, it couldn't hurt. Even a used beat up one will do the trick. I think. Now you got me thinking to hard on it. My other one showed up when we were playing the Packers, and Brett fumbled, and Troy took off with the ball. What a great day that was. I missed the play because the UPS guy was bangin on the door.....I lived...lol

Well you could get in new on ebay i am sure...and also sometimes people get them at good deals or steal them :eek1: and sell them cheap...i dont think people selling them are steeler fans...hope not anyhow...Dont mean to talk you into it..but you started it:nahnah:

BigDaddyVato
08-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Aren't them lil daughters sweet. My 9 year old is already a fanatic. Welcome and Git-R-Done

Prosdo
08-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Welcome to SA!

Dean Denton
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Aren't them lil daughters sweet. My 9 year old is already a fanatic. Welcome and Git-R-Done
Yes they are, and I was lucky enough to have 2 of them. However, the only reason I think my daughter wants to watch the games this year is because she feels bad about what she did during the playoff game last year. She ran into my football room and interrupted the game, and Ben threw that 1st int. I gave her this evil glare, and she quickly turned and ran back up the stairs. She was gone for about 3 quarters, and came running back down and busted into the football room again, just in time to for that idiot QB for Jacksonville to bust this 30 yard run to close out the game.
She feels that this was her fault the Steelers lost, and is going to make it right this year. Now I have NO idea why she would think this was her fault....lol, but I will gladly expect her enthusiastic attitude to show her dad that she has the power to put this team over the top. I believe in her, and I hope she will learn to use that power for good and not evil like she did last year. I know she did that on purpose just to mess with me. Oh, and I also promised to take her to a Metro Station concert if she helped the Steelers win a Superbowl.:cope:
sorry, I guess that was kinda long winded....But I had to get it out...lol

BlitzburghNation
08-30-2008, 12:37 AM
:towelwave::welcome::towelwave: