PDA

View Full Version : Clowns QB possible concussion

NOVA STEELERS
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Browns QB Anderson leaves game with possible concussion

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/D_Anderson_081808_wide.jpg Bill Kostroun/Associated PressBrowns quarterback Derek Anderson feels the effects of a Osi Umenyiora hit that knocked him out of the game.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Cleveland Browns (http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE) quarterback Derek Anderson (http://www.nfl.com/players/derekanderson/profile?id=AND180512) left Monday night's 37-34 exhibition loss to the New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) early in the second quarter with what the team said was a possible concussion.
Anderson was hurt when he was sacked by Osi Umenyiora (http://www.nfl.com/players/osiumenyiora/profile?id=UME444955). He walked off the field and went to the locker room for further examination. He was replaced by Brady Quinn (http://www.nfl.com/players/bradyquinn/profile?id=QUI529720).
Anderson was 4-of-10 for 20 yards.
Two other Browns were also injured in the game. Safety Brodney Pool (http://www.nfl.com/players/brodneypool/profile?id=POO051141) was being evaluated for a concussion and kick returner Joshua Cribbs hurt his left ankle.
The Giants also had three players injured.
Anthony Wright (http://www.nfl.com/players/anthonywright/profile?id=WRI106968), the backup quarterback, left the game late in the second quarter with an apparent back injury after he was hit from behind by Cleveland's Michael Adams.
Reserve running back Kay-Jay Harris (http://www.nfl.com/players/kay-jayharris/profile?id=HAR453428) injured an ankle with just over two minutes left in the game and was taken off on a cart. New York wide receiver Brandon London (http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonlondon/profile?id=LON011720) injured a shoulder.

Stairwayto7
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
I won`t laugh at an injury, especially a head injury. I hope everything works out okay.

yinzer
08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
hope he's in tip top shape when we play the clowns. i don't want any friggin excuses!

ejsteeler
08-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, hate to see this happen no matter who it is. Is it true he has several before? I thought I heard that on the news. If so, it could be bad news for the "up and coming" clowns. Unless of course Quinn turns out to be a miracle baby....

jpele
08-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Is it true he has several before? I thought I heard that on the news.

If he did, it was in college, until last year Anderson only appeared in 5 games.

dawgs
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
37-34. I still have no idea how we got back into this game.

Quinn has done nothing but shine.

why do people call the browns clowns?? it rimes hahahahahaha we got some poets.

the joker is a clown, 'it' is a clown. fact is, clowns are freaking sweat!!!

ejsteeler
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM

Spoken like a true clown fan.......:lol:

JoeThomas
08-19-2008, 02:13 PM
he will be fine. its mild. which means he got a good knock. glad to see quinn did well. if anderson gets hurt we wont miss too much. the only negative is that week 3 of the preseason is when your starters play alot more and im not sure anderson plays.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
dawgs, Just wanted to let you know that i went slumming today and checked out a few Browns forums. I can honestly understand now why you hang out here in SA, even though your surrounded by the enemy. Those browns boards are a complete mess and full of chaos..reminded me of a 7th grade study hall with no teachers.They can't even talk or post civil with themselves,yet alone have a conversation with a non-stainer.

I think you need to take a minute or two and thank the people that run SA for letting you hang around and keeping this site the best on the net.We are all fans of one team or another and like to express our views,but it's nice to have a great forum to do it in.

:fever:

JoeThomas
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Ill give you that. This site is great, even though its steeler based. i like it cause the majority of you can still have good debate and its nice to see a difference of opinion. you cant always be around everyone of the same idea and opinion cause then you get blind to others. though i do wish we had something like this on our own. im surprised we dont.

dawgs
08-19-2008, 02:36 PM
he will be fine. its mild.

ahhhh man. j/k, its good to see he's ok.

Quinn will most likely start next week. Which will be pretty cool.

the reason why im not worried about the browns is becuase we lost the first game last season to shittsburgh 34-7. Then the browns win 7 straight home games and go 10-6 on the season.

also we got alot of hard games this season at home, cowboys, giants etc.. and we all know how much a home crowd can help.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
most people in here are good to debate with.

I go to cleveland forums that talk about all cleveland teams not just the browns. But it gets bias alot, even more then i do here.

also weird people would show up. like pats fans and what not. I can understand steeler fans, but we got nothin to do with the pats.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Yea it's fun to have a few Browns fans sprinkled in here to spice things up a bit.I always enjoy reading what you guys come up with to try to compare to the Steelers success.It's usually some off the wall stat about your team in 1812 that won a few horseback championships or something.

A friend of mine that i was stationed with in Dover, is a die-hard browns fan and of course wouldn't answer his phone for the whole 1st qtr of last night's game.He convienantly started calling when the browns looked they were trying to make a come-back..lol, it is only preseason but it's still fun.:tt02:

steelerschick1220
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
dawgs, Just wanted to let you know that i went slumming today and checked out a few Browns forums. I can honestly understand now why you hang out here in SA, even though your surrounded by the enemy. Those browns boards are a complete mess and full of chaos..reminded me of a 7th grade study hall with no teachers.They can't even talk or post civil with themselves,yet alone have a conversation with a non-stainer.

I think you need to take a minute or two and thank the people that run SA for letting you hang around and keeping this site the best on the net.We are all fans of one team or another and like to express our views,but it's nice to have a great forum to do it in.

:fever:

I get what you are saying. I browse a couple of Browns forums as well and I do not think they could have an intelligent conversation with a non Browns fan if their life depended on it. They pick fights with anyone who isn't a Browns fan. They act like a bunch of immature brats. This place is MUCH better.

yinzer
08-19-2008, 05:09 PM

"quinn has done nothing but shine"????? if you call 2 and a half quarters of a pre-season game against an 18th string defense "shining", you're in for a rude awakening. :tt02:

dawgs
08-19-2008, 06:18 PM
"quinn has done nothing but shine"????? if you call 2 and a half quarters of a pre-season game against an 18th string defense "shining", you're in for a rude awakening. :tt02:

He has shined in every chance he got to play. I don't care who its against. so quinn should suck because he's playin aganist 2nd stringers??

He has played very well. Can't take that away from him.

yinzer
08-20-2008, 08:44 AM
He has shined in every chance he got to play. I don't care who its against. so quinn should suck because he's playin aganist 2nd stringers??

He has played very well. Can't take that away from him.

man, i am so in your head right now!

Captcoolhand
08-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Ill give you that. This site is great, even though its steeler based. i like it cause the majority of you can still have good debate and its nice to see a difference of opinion. you cant always be around everyone of the same idea and opinion cause then you get blind to others. though i do wish we had something like this on our own. im surprised we dont.
:rofl: you're funny!

Stairwayto7
08-20-2008, 10:51 AM
he will be fine. its mild. which means he got a good knock. glad to see quinn did well. if anderson gets hurt we wont miss too much. the only negative is that week 3 of the preseason is when your starters play alot more and im not sure anderson plays.

But you stay for the arcade! LOL

HUNT4SEVEN
08-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Spoken like a true clown fan.......:lol:

Right:hilarious::hilarious: I suppose he likes the stains better?:hilarious: that expensive defense sucks, ur corner backs will get killed all year, an where's ur run defense? shaun fat boy rogers has knee problems already, corey williams was blocked all night by one o-line guy:hilarious::hilarious: here's 2 an 7-9 record this year CLOWNS:hilarious::hilarious: with an 0-2 start, GO STEELERS:yellowthumb:

dawgs
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Right:hilarious::hilarious: I suppose he likes the stains better?:hilarious: that expensive defense sucks, ur corner backs will get killed all year, an where's ur run defense? shaun fat boy rogers has knee problems already, corey williams was blocked all night by one o-line guy:hilarious::hilarious: here's 2 an 7-9 record this year CLOWNS:hilarious::hilarious: with an 0-2 start, GO STEELERS:yellowthumb:

run defence was without rogers. They really just wanna sit him as much as possible. Theres no reason to risk someone who is that important to your team.

shaun rogers is fat??? HE'S BIG BONED. alot better shape then fat hampton.

williams needs rogers. plus he is still learning the defence. He only had 4-5 plays in week 1.

yinzer
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
run defence was without rogers. They really just wanna sit him as much as possible. Theres no reason to risk someone who is that important to your team.

shaun rogers is fat??? HE'S BIG BONED. alot better shape then fat hampton.

williams needs rogers. plus he is still learning the defence. He only had 4-5 plays in week 1.

just so you know, there's no such thing as BIG BONED.

Stairwayto7
08-20-2008, 04:23 PM
just so you know, there's no such thing as BIG BONED.

There is such thing but they determine it by measuring your wrist bone, and doenst give you the right to be fat though.

williams and rogers will suffer in a 3-4, they both are better fit in a 4-3.

i`m more confident each day, in our teams ability to win the AFCN again.

yinzer
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
There is such thing but they determine it by measuring your wrist bone, and doenst give you the right to be fat though.

williams and rogers will suffer in a 3-4, they both are better fit in a 4-3.

i`m more confident each day, in our teams ability to win the AFCN again.

some people just have larger diameters and lengths of their bones than others. people are just "bigger boned" or "smaller boned"

dawgs
08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
ya my buddy is 5'10 180. That would be a great NT. because from what u guys are saying fat guys should not be in the NFL. The fact is you need guys on the heavy side to play the nose. but they need to be in shape fat like rogers. hampton is is just fat, and it shows.

williams could struggle, but rogers will not. He destroyed the jets in the first preseason game, yes its only the jets, but still nice to see. Rogers is the least of are are worries. CB being the main problem right now.

Stairwayto7
08-20-2008, 05:46 PM
ya my buddy is 5'10 180. That would be a great NT. because from what u guys are saying fat guys should not be in the NFL. The fact is you need guys on the heavy side to play the nose. but they need to be in shape fat like rogers. hampton is is just fat, and it shows.

williams could struggle, but rogers will not. He destroyed the jets in the first preseason game, yes its only the jets, but still nice to see. Rogers is the least of are are worries. CB being the main problem right now.

First off, I already know your stupid, so its not a surprise that you cannot read. I never siad that FAT people aren`t football players, i just made a comment about bone structure. If you read the internet, surf around and see how many sites there are about big boned and small boned people, and how big boned people use that as an excuse to be obese. I`m around proffessional athletes and semi pro athletes all the time, its part of my living. i was commented on things that I know. Try it some time.

He destroyed the jets in the first preseason game,

Are you judging somebody on one preseason game? Seems a little hypocritical of you! Doesn`t it?

dawgs
08-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Rogers is so big he can clog the hole, but also has the speed to chase down QBs. But people like to say He can't do that. thats why He cannot and will not fail in a 3-4 defense.

Well your a complete moron. You have such a huge issue against cleveland for some reason that goes past just football and the Rivalry. Your freaking name in clevestinks for crying out loud. People in here call me bias although I never said browns would make the playoffs or even win the divison. I said they are contenders. But you are a complete homer.

I did come to steeleraddicts.com to get away from all the bias opinions in cleveland forums. But danm, you make them look like freakin football gods. are u by any chance deshawn steveson?? let me guess you think lebron is overrated to?? you also think grady sizemore lacks hustle??

If it was not for you, this would be one of the best forums I've ever been to. Because i do like other people points and thoughts. But when someone calls me bias then talks out there ***, that pisses me off. Then you call me stupid. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but gotta have some facts to back it up why u disagree.

man I have not gone off like that in a long time. It feels great.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-20-2008, 08:43 PM
lol..this makes for some entertaining reading..that's for sure. I think everyone's on edge waiting for the season to start,preseason football just ain't cuttin it right now. Easy fellas only a few more weeks to go!:boxing:

yinzer
08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
lol..this makes for some entertaining reading..that's for sure. I think everyone's on edge waiting for the season to start,preseason football just ain't cuttin it right now. Easy fellas only a few more weeks to go!:boxing:

lol, i love this stuff!!! i picture dawgs sitting at his computer cussin and swearing!!! dawgs, cleveland still sucks but you crack me up!!

Stairwayto7
08-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Rogers is so big he can clog the hole, but also has the speed to chase down QBs. But people like to say He can't do that. thats why He cannot and will not fail in a 3-4 defense.

Well your a complete moron. You have such a huge issue against cleveland for some reason that goes past just football and the Rivalry. Your freaking name in clevestinks for crying out loud. People in here call me bias although I never said browns would make the playoffs or even win the divison. I said they are contenders. But you are a complete homer.

I did come to steeleraddicts.com to get away from all the bias opinions in cleveland forums. But danm, you make them look like freakin football gods. are u by any chance deshawn steveson?? let me guess you think lebron is overrated to?? you also think grady sizemore lacks hustle??

If it was not for you, this would be one of the best forums I've ever been to. Because i do like other people points and thoughts. But when someone calls me bias then talks out there ***, that pisses me off. Then you call me stupid. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but gotta have some facts to back it up why u disagree.

man I have not gone off like that in a long time. It feels great.

Your nothing! I`m here to talk Steelers, majority of the time. Thats why I`m at a Steelers web site, douche bag. If i`m such a homer, where did I say that we would win this years SuperBowl? I know where sit, I know we`ve proven to be better than the browns year after year, to be the man you have to beat the man. Your biggest problem is you talk out of both sides of your mouth, you claim to be here with a unbiased opinion, and your full of sh!t. You just don`t speak reality, I`ve shown you your cities newspaper articles, and for some reason you know more than these writers. I`ve actaully said that Quinn has played good, not great, just good. I`ve also pointed out more than a few times that your team has good offensive weapons, and Edwards is a stud. So once again your just a little sorry @aa punk, they I would love to bury! LOVE

by the way that little tantrum, may you feel good?? How funny! What did you wet yourself. Did you tell your little girlfriend that you yelled at somebody on te internet today, that made you feel tough, and her get all hot. Are you still walking around with your wimpy zitted chest sticking out?

When your team comes in third place in the AFCN, you will then understand, its not about everything you say. Like the National annoucers said Mon. maybe the browns are over rated , mostly because they couldn`t beat a descent team last season. And maybe they should go back to 1 pm games where nobody watches them. That wasn`t me that was the national commentators, oh are they homers too.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Show me my homer statements! Please oh football God!

yinzer
08-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Your nothing! I`m here to talk Steelers, majority of the time. Thats why I`m at a Steelers web site, douche bag. If i`m such a homer, where did I say that we would win this years SuperBowl? I know where sit, I know we`ve proven to be better than the browns year after year, to be the man you have to beat the man. Your biggest problem is you talk out of both sides of your mouth, you claim to be here with a unbiased opinion, and your full of sh!t. You just don`t speak reality, I`ve shown you your cities newspaper articles, and for some reason you know more than these writers. I`ve actaully said that Quinn has played good, not great, just good. I`ve also pointed out more than a few times that your team has good offensive weapons, and Edwards is a stud. So once again your just a little sorry @aa punk, they I would love to bury! LOVE

by the way that little tantrum, may you feel good?? How funny! What did you wet yourself. Did you tell your little girlfriend that you yelled at somebody on te internet today, that made you feel tough, and her get all hot. Are you still walking around with your wimpy zitted chest sticking out?

When your team comes in third place in the AFCN, you will then understand, its not about everything you say. Like the National annoucers said Mon. maybe the browns are over rated , mostly because they couldn`t beat a descent team last season. And maybe they should go back to 1 pm games where nobody watches them. That wasn`t me that was the national commentators, oh are they homers too.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

cleve, it's one of those situations where the kid forgets what he says in previous posts and says something else completely different somewhere else. i will tell you what though, the stillers got something :stirpot: real good for the stains this year.

Stlrs4Life
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Shaun Rogers couldn't carry Hamptons jock strap. How many Pro Bowls has Rogers been to?

JoeThomas
08-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Shaun Rogers couldn't carry Hamptons jock strap. How many Pro Bowls has Rogers been to?

Been to 2. by the way, Anderson is out 1 maybe 2 games. seeing as thats what this topic was originally about.

Stairwayto7
08-21-2008, 05:17 AM
Been to 2. by the way, Anderson is out 1 maybe 2 games. seeing as thats what this topic was originally about.

Thanks for getting the hijacked thread back on track!

Like I said before, I hate injuries to all players, but head injuries are the worst. I wish him a speedy recovery.

To your Rogers point though. I never denied Rogers was is even is a very good football player, maybe even great. But a different scheme, different players, doesn`t always go over well for even probowl caliber players. I remember a few years back when the browns couldn`t wait to get Earl Holmes in free agency. We knew he was a good linebacker, but he excelled because of the great players around him, and he was a good role player in a 3-4. The browns put him in the middle in a 4-3 and he couldn`t cover that much territory, and he didn`t have the players around him. So he was one year and out. Its not always as easy as " Lets add a ProBowler and he will have ProBowl season for us" And lets face it, the ProBowl is over rated, some players truly deserve it, and some don`t. Our own Troy Polumala deserved a couple, but the last one he didnt.

JoeThomas
08-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks for getting the hijacked thread back on track!

Like I said before, I hate injuries to all players, but head injuries are the worst. I wish him a speedy recovery.

To your Rogers point though. I never denied Rogers was is even is a very good football player, maybe even great. But a different scheme, different players, doesn`t always go over well for even probowl caliber players. I remember a few years back when the browns couldn`t wait to get Earl Holmes in free agency. We knew he was a good linebacker, but he excelled because of the great players around him, and he was a good role player in a 3-4. The browns put him in the middle in a 4-3 and he couldn`t cover that much territory, and he didn`t have the players around him. So he was one year and out. Its not always as easy as " Lets add a ProBowler and he will have ProBowl season for us" And lets face it, the ProBowl is over rated, some players truly deserve it, and some don`t. Our own Troy Polumala deserved a couple, but the last one he didnt.

Your exactly right. Some guys are just system players. Have you noticed the majority of LB's that play for the Steelers dont play well other places. Im sure part of that is a wrong system but they just play better in that specific system. now rogers has played a 3-4, williams hasnt. but they need each other so that wouldnt surprise me to see him rotated out more early, since the smiths both know the system. but im sure he has and will learn more.

but yes, i remember earl holmes. the immortal earl holmes.

yinzer
08-21-2008, 07:21 AM

good to hear he's going to be o.k.

JoeThomas
08-21-2008, 07:29 AM
good to hear he's going to be o.k.

Ya it was mild. holding him out for precautionary reasons. if this was the regular season he plays.

JensK
08-21-2008, 08:15 AM
It was one helluva player though. Had to youtube it, and i couldnt but laugh. It looked hilarious :)

Im glad his ok! I don't really care about what team a player is from, i never like them to get injured.

dawgs
08-21-2008, 09:11 AM

[AutoMerged Post Below]

you started a sentence with your. so im not reading that.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
But if worse comes to worse for rogers. He can just park his 350 body in the middle. Don't let RB's just run up the middle. I just can't see rogers getting pushed around by a 300 pound center.

ejsteeler
08-21-2008, 09:53 AM
you started a sentence with your. so im not ready that.

I KNOW you are not questioning grammar and spelling!!!! Look at your post, you did the same thing Mr. English. And what exactly is "ready that". Meant "reading that" did you? :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad he is ok. He will make a good Quinn backup......:stirpot:

dawgs
08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
I KNOW you are not questioning grammar and spelling!!!! Look at your post, you did the same thing Mr. English. And what exactly is "ready that". Meant "reading that" did you? :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad he is ok. He will make a good Quinn backup......:stirpot:

of couse not, this is not english class. I just don't like to word your.

ejsteeler
08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
of couse not, this is not english class. I just don't like to word your.

I'm sure you meant "THE word your", but as I said you did the same thing in your previous post.......You really do not pay attention to anything you may have typed before, you just shoot from the hip each time huh?