PDA

View Full Version : Browns Secondary MIA

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Anyone watchin the Clowns and the Gmen? If this is a good look at the Browns defense then we should have no problem marching up and down the field on them.

Jamal Lewis surprised me last year with how well he played..but i can't see him have another year like that.He looks pretty average back there this year.:2cents:

Troyisabeast_43
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM
I am watching it and they look absolutely pathetic all the way around as a whole and as I type this they just gave up a safety and then on the following free kick a return for a TD and now trail 23-3 and it isnt even the end of the first quarter yet. Their pass defense and run D still look soft, and Derek Anderson has not looked good at all. If the Browns think they are going to play like this the first 2 weeks of the year having to face the Cowboys and the Steelers and expect to win they wont stand a chance.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-18-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm watching the game....Its pre-season so I usually don't put to much stock into the outcome of meaningless games....But the Browns first units look terrible tonight.....6 penalties.......I hope this is how the Browns look all year....lol

Stairwayto7
08-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Still just preseason, but its so funny this is entertaining

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
Wow and it keeps getting better

Troyisabeast_43
08-18-2008, 10:00 PM
hahahaha Jamal Lewis fumbles down at the goaline and the Giants return it about 95 yards for a touchdown to make it 30-3 a minute into the 2nd quarter. Wonder where Dawgs will be this week here to tell about how bad the Steelers look and how great the Browns are hahaha

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-18-2008, 10:03 PM
30-3 with 13:00 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. LoL, where's Dawgs at talkin **** about our Bills game, He best be hiding right now.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
lol Troy43....great minds think alike!:yellowthumb:

DBR96A
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Browns...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:lol::hilarious::banana::clap::nahnah::popcorn::bb ::partytime::dance3::banana3::bounce2::thewave::ju mp1::dance::drinkup::cabbagepatch::banana2::lolsig n::mistake::brownssign::haha::sHa_sarcasticlol::bl uelol::chair::bwah::postal::cool1::beer2::rofl:

steelersgal86
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
yeah this is entertaining that is for sure :rofl:

Stairwayto7
08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
This is almost as good as a Steelers victory! LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
08-18-2008, 10:08 PM
This is almost as good as a Steelers victory! LOL

I wouldn't go that far.....:lol: But its great seeing the Browns just flat out **** the bed even if its just pre-season.....:lol:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
It's just funny how they talk smack all week about how our D looked like shiat..and they give up 30 points and counting in the first half. There making that Hixon guy for the Giants look like T.O or Moss.

DBR96A
08-18-2008, 10:14 PM
The Cleveland Browns are getting exposed nationa...err, national exposure, sorry. :lol:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Preseason or not...this is funny.:popcorn:

Stairwayto7
08-18-2008, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't go that far.....:lol: But its great seeing the Browns just flat out shiat the bed even if its just pre-season.....:lol:

Yeah! Its just a joke. But iving here in NE Ohio everyone was so hyped for Monday Night even for preseason, can`t wait for work tomorrow

yinzer
08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
i'm watching as well!!! they said andersack has a concussion. i don't like to see anybody get hurt but he'll be back pretty soon.

Stairwayto7
08-18-2008, 10:22 PM
I agree, And concussion arent good.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I have said many times that Anderson would be replaced by Quinn by mid-season......A concussion isn't the way Anderson wants to start his season....

Stairwayto7
08-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I have said many times that Anderson would be replaced by Quinn by mid-season......A concussion isn't the way Anderson wants to start his season....

And Its probably not the way Quinn wants the starting job

yinzer
08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
the giants' back up is horrendous.

DBR96A
08-18-2008, 10:58 PM
the giants' back up is horrendous.

Whaddaya know; it's Anthony Wright!

Stairwayto7
08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
National take: ESPN broadcaster Ron Jaworski opined that the Browns' offensive line "got whipped up front" by the Giants' defensive line, and fellow broadcaster Tony Kornheiser said in the first quarter that "if this is what the Browns are going to look like, they might want to go back to playing at 1 o'clock so no one can see them."

dawgs
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
heres my thoughts on the game!!!

1. browns corner B-mac was the only bright spot for the 1st string. He played great.

2. Browns starting run def looked pretty good to against the OL men brandon jacobs. Rogers did not even play.

3. I have no idea what was up with the horrible Penalties. are starters gave them over 100yards thats how you beat yourself.

4. brady quinn played great, I could really careless less about DA. quinn is the real deal. I thank DA for giving us a good year and what not, But he is not the QB of the future.

5. like the ESPN guys said, the browns showed great heart getting back in this game, Thats always nice to have.

6. jamel lewis was doing pretty well until his last 2 carries, But the giants are a great run defence team. lewis also gets stronger as the game goes on, so he can't do that in a preseason game.

7. Once Eli was out of the game, we destroyed them. eric wright made a nice pick for a TD.

8. like u guys always say, its only preseason who gives a ****. Good learning game here to study from, can only get better now.

steelerschick1220
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
So, I watched this game to check out the competition, so to speak. I am really glad that I watched it now because it was really entertaining. I lmao when they got that penalty for running into the guy trying to catch the ball. And then they get an unsportmanlike call minutes later!!!!! Honestly though, if the Browns are going to play like this all the time on national tv, their games will be funny as heck to watch.

Stairwayto7
08-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Quinn played good against 2nd and 3rd teamers. nothing extradorinary, just good.

Great heart?? I disagree. These players that made the game close are busting thier a$$es for a spot on the team, they weren`t the ones who gave up the first 30 points. I doubt the had 'heart" on thier minds, more like a roster spot and a pay day.

ejsteeler
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Dawgs, (are) Are you going to the game?
(our) Our team is number 1!

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

dawgs
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Dawgs, (are) Are you going to the game?
(our) Our team is number 1!

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

dude, right now I have 4 A's and 12 5's on my keyboard. I started taking shots at 4 yesterday. I hardly ever drink, but when I do, I go all out. plus had to watch the browns freaking give the game away on Penalties. :rant2:

that was funny when adams ran into the returner, then the guy gets up and is slammed into again.

It was just a bad game, no big deal. are offence is loaded, so there is no reason to be worried there. The defence was put in horrible spots the whole first half. fumble recover for a TD, browns having to punt from there own 3 yard line.

I also thought it was weird how when quinn came in the OL was blocking alot better for him. Quinn also played against giants first teams for the rest of the 1st half. thing about quinn is his leadership, and his passion and fire for the game. Thats what i like most.

also, when the browns made there big push, most of the guys have already made the team. quinn, steptoe, harrison, dorsey, eric wright.

but how bout steptoe, this guy can flat out ball. He might be a better returner then cribbs.

Stairwayto7
08-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Dude is on drugs. Eli drove all over your defense. And if Quinn played against OSI and Tuck the rest of the half, which he did not, he would have been hurt too.

I live in NE ohio, most of my firends here are browns fans, and they saw the game for what it was, not through your biased glasses. Even the unbiased National announcer said it was embarrassing, and that the browns maybe over rated due to there 10 wins over bad teams. Listen and watch, your Cleveland PD is all over the coaching, the defense, and the O line.

dawgs
08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Dude is on drugs. Eli drove all over your defense. And if Quinn played against OSI and Tuck the rest of the half, which he did not, he would have been hurt too.

I live in NE ohio, most of my firends here are browns fans, and they saw the game for what it was, not through your biased glasses. Even the unbiased National announcer said it was embarrassing, and that the browns maybe over rated due to there 10 wins over bad teams. Listen and watch, your Cleveland PD is all over the coaching, the defense, and the O line.

so mike adams hitting the returner was good for the browns?? eric wright pass interference play on a horrible throw was good for the browns?? the davis bone head play was good for the browns?? 23 of the 30 points were just handed to the giants. I give Eli alot of credit, but he should also thank the browns.

1. fumble returned for TD- 7pts
2. punt blocked by own guy(safety)- 2pts
3. pass interfernce that gave the giants 53yards- 7pts
4. adams hitting the returner to soon giving giants extra 15 yards putting them in GREAT postition- 7pts

all of these are easy to fix. crennel is going to work these guys really hard in practice.

Stairwayto7
08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
1. fumble returned for TD- 7pts
Fumbles?? part of the game? Yes!
2. punt blocked by own guy(safety)- 2pts
Are you really that stupid? Your guy didn`t block the punt, he was owned and got pushed into the punt! Major difference!3
3. pass interfernce that gave the giants 53yards- 7pts
Again part of the game, Hell Wright fell down on the second TD because he knew he was beat!
4. adams hitting the returner to soon giving giants extra 15 yards putting them in GREAT postition- 7pts
once again! Coaching and discipline! Part of the game

After all this ELI still dominated the stats. Thier D line owned your O-line.
Your defensive backs sucked.
What game were you watching?
Pre season means nothing, it doesn`t mean you`ll have a good or bad season, but at least acknowledge what it was. National annoucers called it a beating. If I remember correctly, the annoucer said and I quote " The Giants are playing a game of meet me at the quarterback" And in DA defense, he had no time.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
After allowing an opening-drive field goal, the Giants' defense was dominant and even scored when safety James Butler picked up a fumble by quarterback Derek Anderson and zigzagged 95 yards for a touchdown to make it 30-3 on the final play of a wild first quarter.
New York Post

[AutoMerged Post Below]
This from your Cleveland Plain Dealer:

And to add insult to those injuries and to the poor play was the simple fact that Browns cornerbacks Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald may have to change their names to breakfast - as in, toast and crispy bacon. The Giants, without their starting receivers, managed to burn the Browns' secondary throughout the first half. It wasn't all bad for Wright. He scored on an interception return.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
More from the Palin Dealer in your city! THere biased!

by Bud Shaw, Plain Dealer Columnist
Tuesday August 19, 2008, 10:42 AMAP Photo
The Giants' Domenik Hixon burned the Browns for three touchdowns in the first half.A friend forwarded an email after the Browns exhibition flop against the Giants. It reads, "The name on the door is overrated."
No sense getting too carried away with anything that happens in the preseason -- good or bad -- but we can say this: Tom Coughlin's team looked like the hungry upstarts ready to feast on whatever gets put in front of them in 2008.

The Browns? They looked like they thought they won the Super Bowl last year and had spent the off-season on the banquet circuit.

By the way, that performance would've looked ugly in any color pants. Brown isn't the problem by itself and didn't look too bad on the quarterbacks, wide receivers and defensive backs. But Big Brown? That's a completely different story.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Giants coach Tom Coughlin pulled his starting quarterback, Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning, with the big lead. They were not the same offensive team with journeyman Anthony Wright at QB. Still, they consistently moved the ball. Cleveland Plain Dealer!

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Allowing three touchdowns to Ohio native and University of Akron receiver Domenik Hixon. The Giants' No. 4 receiver -- the top three did not dress -- had TD catches of 11 and 24 yards and a free-kick return of 82. Cleveland Plain Dealer

Were you watching the same game as the cleveland sports writers????????

[AutoMerged Post Below]
And this I found in a browns forum: A true fan that knows the game!

We have to remember that we beat poor teams last year and lost to the good ones. We needed to improve A LOT of things this offseason. We're still a borderline playoff team. The media has built us up so much that expectations are kind of unrealistic. Especially, with out schedule.

We still have to be patient and keep an open mind.

dawgs
08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
^ that just gave me a handache, sry can't read it.

1. fumbles are part of the game, but lewis should have held onto it. there was no reason for that. plus it still gave the giants 7 points.

2. well are u really that stupid?? the guy who was pushed I believe thomas who will be mowing my lawn after the preseason.

3. jones fell down not wright, so yaaaaa. Would not have made a diference, that ball was thrown in a great spot.but back to the subject Like I said, no reason for pass interference on that play.

4. still a stupid mistake on adams part. really no coaching involved there. If you don't know that hitting the returner before he catches the ball is wrong, then mybe footballs just not for you. adams is a good player, which is why that bone head play is so jacked up.

I don't understand why the browns play pervent defence. we have fast corners, yet we give recivers 5-10 yards every time. I really thought mel tucker would be a great def coach, but he is just another dumbass.

Stairwayto7
08-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Some browns fans know football! Some don`t! dawgs.

This is from brownsboard.com feel free to see.

Ok. I've never seen a game this sloppy and strange. I'd like to point out a few players that did well and a handful that did not.

DA - He was rushed relentlessly. Makes me wonder why we even play a 3-4 when a team in the 4-3 shows you that they can make ANY QB look terrible and frustrate them all game. Anyway, his passes were poor and I think some of the spot light got to him. We now know how much he relies on BE to make plays and take pressure of the other guys.

Stallworth - Dropsworth

Quinn - Solid play. He is getting comfortable.

Dorsey - Much better game.

Ali - Looked real good filling in.

Wilson - Was a ghost out there.

Dinkins - Looked solid. Played hard, caught well, and looked to make most of his blocks.

Dawson - 56 yards? Really.

OLine - **** poor. Not exactly sure what happend here. Sure they faced the best pass rush in the NFL (a confident one too). They never opened the running game and got burnt. JT looked ok but Steinbach and the right side struggled.

DLine - Need Rogers in there. He is a difference maker. Thought Cory Williams looked like he knew where to be for the most part but is still learning. Shaun Smith also looked fairly solid. The unit still needs to jell.

Eric Wright - Wow. He got consistently burnt and out played by a 4th stringer. That Hixon guy did play well. Buress would have made him cry! EW looked very overconfident. He was rough in coverage the first game too. *See McGinest.

Wimbley - If I wasn't looking for him I would have thought he sat out.

McGinest - Guy needs to sit. I hate to say it but he is a pure liability (run or pass). He was moving guys around all game but caused people to be out of position. Heck, EW had to cover for the OLB spot and watch his guy a few times early on because McGinest let a guy by him while he was starring at the QB.

Bmac - Played VERY physical. Held his own for the most part...against a 5th/5th stringer.

Hall - FAST. He's improving but is a long way away still. He excites me.

Mike Adams - Struggled on a few plays but showed he has some stuff to contribute. I liked how we used him for the most part.

Cousin & other CBs - Looked terrible. I know Cousin shouldn't have to play man-to-man as a 1 or 2 in the regular season -- thank the lord.

Andra Davis - Held his own. He was getting the RB at the line of scrimmage. Night early bat down.

D'Qwell - Played just average. Nice forced fumble.

Pool - Not starting caliber. We'll have to address this in the draft next year. EW was getting abused so you didn't notice his poor play as much.

This is getting too long haha. The game was terrible. I've never see so many bad player and so many strange things happen to one team in one game. I'm not even sure is possible this could EVER happen like this again...no matter how bad the team.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

^ that just gave me a handache, sry can't read it.

1. fumbles are part of the game, but lewis should have held onto it. there was no reason for that. plus it still gave the giants 7 points.

2. well are u really that stupid?? the guy who was pushed I believe thomas who will be mowing my lawn after the preseason.

3. jones fell down not wright, so yaaaaa. Would not have made a diference, that ball was thrown in a great spot.but back to the subject Like I said, no reason for pass interference on that play.

4. still a stupid mistake on adams part. really no coaching involved there. If you don't know that hitting the returner before he catches the ball is wrong, then mybe footballs just not for you. adams is a good player, which is why that bone head play is so jacked up.

I don't understand why the browns play pervent defence. we have fast corners, yet we give recivers 5-10 yards every time. I really thought mel tucker would be a great def coach, but he is just another dumbass.

You are such a jack@ss! LOL. pleae stay for comical reasons! We`ll have fun with you

dawgs
08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
agreed with everything he said.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
you will have fun with me?? sry man not really into that.

But like I said, some very weird and stupid plays resulted in alot of easy points for the giants. I don't want to be at the browns next practice.

I could also see the browns making a trade for a CB in the next week or so.

Stairwayto7
08-19-2008, 05:29 PM
agreed with everything he said.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
you will have fun with me?? sry man not really into that.

But like I said, some very weird and stupid plays resulted in alot of easy points for the giants. I don't want to be at the browns next practice.

I could also see the browns making a trade for a CB in the next week or so.

You calling me a homo? I don`t go there! Thats crossing the line with me! Where you watching the next game?

dawgs
08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
You calling me a homo? I don`t go there! Thats crossing the line with me! Where you watching the next game?

I'll be watching the game At my buddy's house. We throw parties for every browns game.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Did not call you a homo. you just did. All I said was im not like that.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I brought up Derek Anderson being a question mark and dawgs argued with me......Now he can care less about Anderson....lol

The Browns should go with with Quinn....They have a first round pick invested in him....

dawgs
08-19-2008, 08:03 PM
I brought up Derek Anderson being a question mark and dawgs argued with me......Now he can care less about Anderson....lol

The Browns should go with with Quinn....They have a first round pick invested in him....

wait wait wait. I like DA alot. He played great last season and I wish nothing but the best for him. He's a good QB. But Im a bigger quinn fan. I just think quinn is more of a leader. He can do alot more.

There is no reason why DA should suck on this team. Just to many weapons. But once again, quinn fan here.

yinzer
08-19-2008, 10:01 PM
wait wait wait. I like DA alot. He played great last season and I wish nothing but the best for him. He's a good QB. But Im a bigger quinn fan. I just think quinn is more of a leader. He can do alot more.

There is no reason why DA should suck on this team. Just to many weapons. But once again, quinn fan here.

the browns are terrible. no more talking about it.

dawgs
08-19-2008, 11:53 PM
the browns are terrible. no more talking about it.

ya, browns had a bad preseason game 2. Thats means 2-14 right?? man some people.

yinzer
08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
ya, browns had a bad preseason game 2. Thats means 2-14 right?? man some people.

no, i said the browns are terrible because they are.

ejsteeler
08-20-2008, 10:13 AM
:popcorn:

:brownssign:

Stairwayto7
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
GOoooooooooooooooooo Steelers!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-20-2008, 04:39 PM
DAVIE, Fla. (AP)—The Miami Dolphins traded cornerback Travis Daniels to the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday for an undisclosed draft pick.

Daniels played in all 16 games last season for Miami, including five starts. He had 27 tackles and an interception.

The Dolphins took Daniels with a fourth-round draft pick in 2005. Then-coach Nick Saban made the pick after coaching Daniels at LSU. Daniels has played cornerback and safety.

He started 14 games his rookie season and had 62 tackles and an interception. Daniels recorded 36 tackles and an interception in 2006.

~ Browns sure are trying to address some issues fast, but oh wait...it was just a preseason game..that's right.:lol:

dawgs
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
DAVIE, Fla. (AP)—The Miami Dolphins traded cornerback Travis Daniels to the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday for an undisclosed draft pick.

Daniels played in all 16 games last season for Miami, including five starts. He had 27 tackles and an interception.

The Dolphins took Daniels with a fourth-round draft pick in 2005. Then-coach Nick Saban made the pick after coaching Daniels at LSU. Daniels has played cornerback and safety.

He started 14 games his rookie season and had 62 tackles and an interception. Daniels recorded 36 tackles and an interception in 2006.

~ Browns sure are trying to address some issues fast, but oh wait...it was just a preseason game..that's right.:lol:

CB been a problem before preseason even started. I also said the browns would make a trade for a CB very soon. and bam there you go.

I don't know much about daniels, but he did play on the horrible dolphins. He is a bigger corner at 6'1 195. can't really be much worse then AJ davis.

yinzer
08-20-2008, 05:23 PM
CB been a problem before preseason even started. I also said the browns would make a trade for a CB very soon. and bam there you go.

I don't know much about daniels, but he did play on the horrible dolphins. He is a bigger corner at 6'1 195. can't really be much worse then AJ davis.

maybe now the media will see the clowns for what they are instead of looking at them on a sheet of paper.

dawgs
08-20-2008, 06:36 PM
maybe now the media will see the clowns for what they are instead of looking at them on a sheet of paper.

ya a team that made some stupid plays that u will not see again this season. jamal lewis just dropping a hand-off. mike adams running into the returner, davis(surpose to be are captain) taking swings.

Im sorry but if you are judging the browns from 1 preseason game, then you got freakin issues, and know nothing about football. If you really think this offence will only score 3 points a game. well may god have mercy on your retarded soul.

I'm not making fun or calling anyone names here. Im just saying in general if you are judging the browns from that game, then you are infact everything i said above.

steelerschick1220
08-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Dawgs, I believe I speak for everyone when I say that we are not judging the Browns based on one preseason game. We are basing it off of the fact that they are the Browns and many years of suckiness that has followed them.

yinzer
08-20-2008, 09:53 PM
ya a team that made some stupid plays that u will not see again this season. jamal lewis just dropping a hand-off. mike adams running into the returner, davis(surpose to be are captain) taking swings.

Im sorry but if you are judging the browns from 1 preseason game, then you got freakin issues, and know nothing about football. If you really think this offence will only score 3 points a game. well may god have mercy on your retarded soul.

I'm not making fun or calling anyone names here. Im just saying in general if you are judging the browns from that game, then you are infact everything i said above.

i take it you're a stains fan. if you are, you SHOULD recognize that the clowns have stunk for decades. this year is no different. think about what you're saying. by the way, i'm so in your head right now!!!!

dawgs
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
i take it you're a stains fan. if you are, you SHOULD recognize that the clowns have stunk for decades. this year is no different. think about what you're saying. by the way, i'm so in your head right now!!!!

How do u figure im a browns fan?? cuz my name is dawgs. You must be the smart guy here.

so browns stunk last season?? 10-6 makes the playoffs most seasons. past decades has nothing to do with now. living in the past is never good. Plus all the past tells me is the browns are long overdue.

- I think daniels could be alot better with the browns then the dolphins. Better then AJ davis anyways.

- Alex hall is starting against the lions, I can't wait to see this kid against 1st strings. 6'5 255, fast, strong, good moves, and could be a great player in the NFL. was a big reason why the browns shut down the giants in the second half.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

how are u in my head? this is just a football forum buddy clam down. My g/f always says she's in my head. But I take pride in being laid back, and not taking live to serious. I think everyone should be more like that.

ejsteeler
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

The clowns are 1 of 6 teams that HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A SUPER BOWL!!!!!
2 of them are relatively new expansion teams and at least have an excuse. This is why it is so easy to put the clowns down. Until this changes, you're just going to have to deal with it, period. :yellowthumb: :cope:

Of course, even they do make it some day in the distant future, THEY WILL STILL SUCK!!!!! :lol:

dawgs
08-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Since steelers love to bring up the past, do note the browns have 5 championships, which is the superbowl.

ejsteeler
08-21-2008, 12:56 PM
No, that is pre-super bowl era...duh......:nono:

dawgs
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

The clowns are 1 of 6 teams that HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A SUPER BOWL!!!!!
2 of them are relatively new expansion teams and at least have an excuse. This is why it is so easy to put the clowns down. Until this changes, you're just going to have to deal with it, period. :yellowthumb: :cope:

Of course, even they do make it some day in the distant future, THEY WILL STILL SUCK!!!!! :lol:

Thats why browns fans are the best in the country. Steelers have 5 superbowls so they got alot of bandwagon fans. like the cowboys, pats and what not.

I like how u say I have to deal with it. Its just a game buddy, not like I lose sleep or cry over it. some people take sports alittle to serious.

ejsteeler
08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Well of course we take them seriously here, it is a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD FOR THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

And for the record, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. Home grown Steelers fan here. And I'm sure there are band wagon fans out there, but you cannot take away from Steelers Nation. The best damn fans in the world for the best damn team. All carrying on a tradition carried over from the old Steel town carried elsewhere due to lack of work. Just because you are a fan and don't live there, does not make you a bandwagon fan. :clap:

dawgs
08-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Well of course we take them seriously here, it is a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD FOR THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

And for the record, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. Home grown Steelers fan here. And I'm sure there are band wagon fans out there, but you cannot take away from Steelers Nation. The best damn fans in the world for the best damn team. All carrying on a tradition carried over from the old Steel town carried elsewhere due to lack of work. Just because you are a fan and don't live there, does not make you a bandwagon fan. :clap:

pats are the best team. as much as I hate to say it.

well when almost all your posts(not just you, but in General) has cleveland sucks in it. then your going alittle over board. Even if u really think that then who cares. I get it, this is a steelers forum and u guys are not browns fans. kinda the whole point in coming to this forum.

ejsteeler
08-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Then quit your belly aching. :yesnod:
And I'm afraid the Pat's do not have the storied history that the Steelers do. I'm sure it's all way before your time. :bitchslap:

dawgs
08-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Then quit your belly aching. :yesnod:
And I'm afraid the Pat's do not have the storied history that the Steelers do. I'm sure it's all way before your time. :bitchslap:

once again, not really into the past. Thats great, congrats to them and all. But past does not help you now.

pats have been the best for years now, and have a great team still. And will most likely be back in the superbowl.(that hurts to say)

steelcityrockers
08-21-2008, 02:03 PM
I think the Patriots will suffer a bit of a relapse this year. Their secondary is way too old and they are sssssslow. Much like the linebackers last year. They will still be pretty good, but not great. I see them going 11-5 and a divisional round loss.

dawgs
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I think the Patriots will suffer a bit of a relapse this year. Their secondary is way too old and they are sssssslow. Much like the linebackers last year. They will still be pretty good, but not great. I see them going 11-5 and a divisional round loss.

they will score ALOT!!! I also think there defense is good enough to hold leads.

But they are just like the colts, no backups. so if brady and manning go down they are nothing more then the dolphins. yes they will still have great offence weapons. but jim sorgi is a freaking bum, and pats backup is matt Gutierrez. need I say more.

Stairwayto7
08-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Alex hall is starting against the lions, I can't wait to see this kid against 1st strings. 6'5 255, fast, strong, good moves, and could be a great player in the NFL. was a big reason why the browns shut down the giants in the second half.

Whats this prove? that your 3rd string in better than the Giants? Wow, that will win you a ton of games in the NFL

dawgs
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Alex hall is starting against the lions, I can't wait to see this kid against 1st strings. 6'5 255, fast, strong, good moves, and could be a great player in the NFL. was a big reason why the browns shut down the giants in the second half.

Whats this prove? that your 3rd string in better than the Giants? Wow, that will win you a ton of games in the NFL

what the hell is your problem. alex hall is a rookie beast. Helped us big time get back into that game. most 7th rounders have to start somewhere.

thats why I wanna see him vs starters.

Stairwayto7
08-21-2008, 04:01 PM
pats are the best team. as much as I hate to say it.

well when almost all your posts(not just you, but in General) has cleveland sucks in it. then your going alittle over board. Even if u really think that then who cares. I get it, this is a steelers forum and u guys are not browns fans. kinda the whole point in coming to this forum.

I would like to go on record as saying " I don`t think the browns will suck" I think they have better than an average team overall. Problem is the NFL has 4or 5 really good teams, 4 or 5 really shiat box teams, then a bunch of mediocre teams. Some teams are on the brink of tetering one way or another. This is my opinion of the browns

Offense = B , might be able to get an A with the right QB, in my opinion, BQ isn`t that man. Wasnt able to win a big game at ND.

Defense = D DB`s may be the worst in the AFC, I`m happy but cannot believe that they did not address the DBs in the off season

Special Teams = A they can return and kick FG`s,

Coaching C-, lets not forget that ever cleveland fan wanted Cowher as thier next coach, just a season ago.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

what the hell is your problem. alex hall is a rookie beast. Helped us big time get back into that game. most 7th rounders have to start somewhere.

thats why I wanna see him vs starters.

The word beast is a hyperbole here! Come on I know you say you want to see him against the starters, but until then the word beast does not apply. Third string NFL players, may have a hard time playing first string at some major colleges

ejsteeler
08-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Naaahhhhh! Cleveland Sucks! :lol:

dawgs
08-21-2008, 04:32 PM
I can respect that. I would still take cowher now. Crennel is a nice guy, thats the problem, he's alittle 2 nice. Even admitted to being to easy on the guys. You can be easy on the vets, but not the young guys.

brady quinn never had a good OL, RB or defense. He had 1 WR who is now pitching for the cubs. Quinn still played great. But can't win the Big ones without some help.

coggsnyrnyg
08-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Didn't read the whole thread not sure if it was mentioned, but just to give you guys some extra enjoyment, the Giants were playing without Burress, Toomer, Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, and David Tyree. That's right, they were missing their top two receivers (burress and toomer), and arguably their 3rd-5th. Some will tell you Hixon and Moss are ahead of Tyree and Mannigham when everyone is healthy. Regardless, they were missing 5 of their top 7 receivers.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

heres my thoughts on the game!!!

1. browns corner B-mac was the only bright spot for the 1st string. He played great.

2. Browns starting run def looked pretty good to against the OL men brandon jacobs. Rogers did not even play.

3. I have no idea what was up with the horrible Penalties. are starters gave them over 100yards thats how you beat yourself.

4. brady quinn played great, I could really careless less about DA. quinn is the real deal. I thank DA for giving us a good year and what not, But he is not the QB of the future.

5. like the ESPN guys said, the browns showed great heart getting back in this game, Thats always nice to have.

6. jamel lewis was doing pretty well until his last 2 carries, But the giants are a great run defence team. lewis also gets stronger as the game goes on, so he can't do that in a preseason game.

7. Once Eli was out of the game, we destroyed them. eric wright made a nice pick for a TD.

8. like u guys always say, its only preseason who gives a shiat. Good learning game here to study from, can only get better now.
As far as #7, what do you think you are going to be dealing with in October/ ELI PLAYING THE WHOLE GAME.

You are obviously one of them glass in half-full, check that, glass is 9/10 full kind of fans.

dawgs
08-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Didn't read the whole thread not sure if it was mentioned, but just to give you guys some extra enjoyment, the Giants were playing without Burress, Toomer, Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, and David Tyree. That's right, they were missing their top two receivers (burress and toomer), and arguably their 3rd-5th. Some will tell you Hixon and Moss are ahead of Tyree and Mannigham when everyone is healthy. Regardless, they were missing 5 of their top 7 receivers.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

As far as #7, what do you think you are going to be dealing with in October/ ELI PLAYING THE WHOLE GAME.

You are obviously one of them glass in half-full, check that, glass is 9/10 full kind of fans.

Browns were playing without Ewards, Joe J, ryan rucker, seth mckinney, shaun rogers, peek, martin rucker. also cribbs and mcginest left early. not sure when pool got hurt be he left to, same with DA. I WIN!!!!

We will be playing eli the whole game, unless of course the steelers play the giants first, then u guys will take him out. CHEAP SHOT BAM!!! j/k, but not really.:hilarious:

steelcityrockers
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah Alex Hall is pretty good. With Antwan Peek always injured and Willie McGinest always ineffective, he could start a real game this year. And the Pats back up QB for now at least remains Matt Cassel who is trash.

dawgs
08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah Alex Hall is pretty good. With Antwan Peek always injured and Willie McGinest always ineffective, he could start a real game this year. And the Pats back up QB for now at least remains Matt Cassel who is trash.

question- say manning and brady goes down for the season. do u think whoever wins the superbowl, people would put a * next to it?? like they say in golf since woods is out?

coggsnyrnyg
08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
also cribbs and mcginest left early. not sure when pool got hurt be he left to, same with DA. I WIN!!!!

We will be playing eli the whole game, unless of course the steelers play the giants first, then u guys will take him out. CHEAP SHOT BAM!!! j/k, but not really.:hilarious:
of course they left early, it is pre-season. Not sure how you figure you win, considering your starters were beat 30-3 in about 16 minutes. Eli picked apart your 1st teamers without Burress and Toomer.

Stairwayto7
08-22-2008, 06:04 AM
I have to admit, the Giants front seven, did have thier way with the browns o-line, that is suppose to be very good.

steelcityrockers
08-22-2008, 02:03 PM
question- say manning and brady goes down for the season. do u think whoever wins the superbowl, people would put a * next to it?? like they say in golf since woods is out?

I would be pissed as Eddie Murphy if he couldn't get a hold of tranny prostitutes if they even thought of that.

ejsteeler
08-22-2008, 02:24 PM
:rofl:

dawgs
08-22-2008, 03:47 PM
of course they left early, it is pre-season. Not sure how you figure you win, considering your starters were beat 30-3 in about 16 minutes. Eli picked apart your 1st teamers without Burress and Toomer.

1st off everybody knows starters leave early. They left even earlier because of injury.

I won the arguement with you. U listed everyone for the giants who were not playing, and I listed even more people not playin for the browns.

coggsnyrnyg
08-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Regardless of the number, Burress and Toomer are more important to the Giants than anyone you listed, and Eli STILL had his way with the D. Joe J? Haha, a Giants reject.

dawgs
08-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Regardless of the number, Burress and Toomer are more important to the Giants than anyone you listed, and Eli STILL had his way with the D. Joe J? Haha, a Giants reject.

ya toomer makes Ewards look like a bit*h.
Toomer is no more then a 3rd or 4th stringer on most teams.

Ewards, rogers, peek, joe J, tucker, cribbs leaving after I beleive 1 or 2 returns. are all starters. thats alot more important then toomer. burress is important, but not compared to what the browns were playing without.

I want the browns to just sit all starters for the rest of preseason. Let everyone get healthy. We need Mcnabbs mom to come and make the browns some :stirpot:. (I just wanted to use the that)

[AutoMerged Post Below]

lol, u guys have a browns reject on your team.