PDA

View Full Version : Does Whipple get a pass?

augustashark
10-10-2006, 12:08 AM
I've been wondering, I know Ben has had his off the field problems but I feel that he should be getting better at a faster pace than he is. A raw talent has to be groomed and is that not the job of QB coach Mark Whipple?

In Green Bay they traded sometime ago for a raw talent and they had a pretty good QB coach to groom him. Did'nt that work out?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Whipple has been Ben's coach since he came to us. He knows what he's doing but you can only teach a QB so much before they need to translate it onto the field. Ben has done that up until this year, its up to the both of them and the rest of the team to rally around each other and get it fixed.

AZ_Steeler
10-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Ben is coming around slowly but surely, IMO the bye week probably hurt him more than anyone on the team. Whipple can only do so much with Ben in practice, like TG said, Ben needs to start putting it together on the field.

Do you remember when Michael Jordan returned to play basketball? It seemed like he had lost a step or two and thing sjust weren't right. Jordan had a comment once that has stuck with me... he (Jordan) said his mind is ahead of him right now because he can see the hole but his body just can't get him there. To sum this up, Ben is not in game shape yet, he's probably seeing things on the field but by the time he reacts the hole is gone and body wasn't quite quick enough. It will come in due time...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2006, 08:18 PM
The guy has lost alot of weight and some arm strength too. That definately effects the power he puts on the ball, as well as the long pass as evident in the Charger game.

Short rythmn passes and a good running game and we'll be fine. How long it takes for us to get to that point is anybody's guess right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I know I have been hard on Ben. But nobody from the coaches to the players get a pass in my mind. But I did point this Sunday even though I was expressing anger toward Ben. Overall against the Chargers he did have a good game. He just made two bad decisions. Other then that he did have a good game. If he stops throwing the picks I think he will be fine.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I just don't buy that everything about this team now all of the sudden sucks. This is a super bowl winning coaching staff and players. Super bowl hangover, surgeries, accidents, everything just snowballed for this team and they haven't recovered yet. Assuming they recover soon, we're still in semi-ok shape. If they wait too long we'll be playing for that obligatory going out on a good note season ending game.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I just don't buy that everything about this team now all of the sudden sucks. This is a super bowl winning coaching staff and players. Super bowl hangover, surgeries, accidents, everything just snowballed for this team and they haven't recovered yet. Assuming they recover soon, we're still in semi-ok shape. If they wait too long we'll be playing for that obligatory going out on a good note season ending game.

They don't suck bro. Thats the fustration about this whole 1-3 start. If I really thought this team was as good as the Cleveland Browns. Then I wouldn't screaming and taking a fit like a 3 year old.

I totally agree from their terrible off-season has snowballed into the 1-3 start. But I was hoping they could have avoided a bad start to the season. But it is what it is. I know you havn't been the one so upset like me. So this is myself talking to myself right now.

House of Steel
10-10-2006, 08:32 PM
32, you got every right to be disappointed and upset. I was upset more yesterday than I was today. Matt got the troops rallying and got me to snap out of it with his war cry. I am telling you now, it is a one game season and it is do or die. I think we are ready for battle and on the verge of telling the league, hey you *******s WE ARE BACK and going to KICK YOUR ***!!! STEELERS KICK *** ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL TIL THE SMOKE CLEARS!!!

suitanim
10-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Mark Whipple is SOOOOO not the problem...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
They don't suck bro. Thats the fustration about this whole 1-3 start. If I really thought this team was as good as the Cleveland Browns. Then I wouldn't screaming and taking a fit like a 3 year old.

I totally agree from their terrible off-season has snowballed into the 1-3 start. But I was hoping they could have avoided a bad start to the season. But it is what it is. I know you havn't been the one so upset like me. So this is myself talking to myself right now.

I wasn't criticizing your opinion or anything, just simply making a generalized statement to contradict most of what the we seem to hear in the media outside of Pittsburgh. ;)