PDA

View Full Version : This Year's "All-Maxim QB" none other than Big Ben

BlackGold4vr
08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Nice little article about Ben in the September Maxim. Just to note a few of the highlights it says if you are looking to find Ben you are more likely to find him sharing a beer in the local dive bars across from the city than in South Beach or Vegas. He says he feels connected to the blue collar mentality of the Pittsburgh fans.

Article also threw out a few footnotes like the fact that Ben had 2 statistically perfect games last year with a perfect QB rating and that makes 3 in his career which ties him with Peyton Manning for the record in that department. Goes on to say that Ben is right on the precipice of breaking into the 'elite' category of QB's. I would agree.

Anna Kournikova on the cover :DANCE04:

AZ_Steeler
08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Being Ben is still quite young I'm sure he will set a high mark for games with a perfect QB rating :bigthumb:

SteelersGirlTN7
08-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't know off the top of my head when Peyton Manning's perfect QB rating games were, but if they're tied - that still gives Ben an edge in my opinion. Look how many more years/games ahead of Ben that Peyton is, and they're tied! It's only gonna get better with Ben!!

DBR96A
08-17-2008, 02:35 PM
U IDOITS BIG DUMM BEN WORTHLESSBOOGER HA SO MANY PREFECT PASSER RATTINGS CUZ HE THREWS THE BALL 4 TIMES PER GAME LOLOL!!!!!!!!!1 FACE TEH FAX ANY QB CAN DUE WHAT HE DOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 BIG DUMM BEN IS OVVERATTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

AZ_Steeler
08-17-2008, 03:34 PM
U IDOITS BIG DUMM BEN WORTHLESSBOOGER HA SO MANY PREFECT PASSER RATTINGS CUZ HE THREWS THE BALL 4 TIMES PER GAME LOLOL!!!!!!!!!1 FACE TEH FAX ANY QB CAN DUE WHAT HE DOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 BIG DUMM BEN IS OVVERATTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:lol: Ben may have thrown "the ball 4 times per game" early in his career... but if you look at his last two years he almost doubled his attempts from his first 2 years.

Year|G|Attempts|Att/GM|Perfect Rating Games
2004|14|295|21.07|0
2005|12|268|22.33|1
2006|15|469|31.26|0
2007|15|404|26.93|2

Given that 2 of the 3 perfect ratings have come in a year when he has thrown his second most attempts I think that speaks for itself. Granted in 2005 he went 9/11 for 218 yards and 2 TDs, but still those are impressive numbers!

Then in 2007 he went 13/16 for 209 and 5 TDs, and the second time he had the perfect rating he was 16/20 for 261 and 3 TDs... overrated???? I beg differ!! :)

yinzer
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM

that may have been the worst analysis i've ever read. what are you even talking about?

MaineofSteel
08-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Yinzer,

No kidding, what he hell was that ? I know I'm new here but what's with the Steeler logos abd the Ben trashing ?

MoS

BlackGold4vr
08-17-2008, 08:51 PM

One of those perfect games was against Baltimore which doesn't exactly have a shabby defense and he threw 5 touchdowns in the first half of the game. Oops, I guess that was more than 4 passes. I can't believe this Ben trashing is coming from a Steeler fan. :evilshake:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM

What in the wide world of sports is this dude smoking....You need to check out "Caps Lock for Dummies" and stop wasting our time with Idiotic posts. The 25 seconds it took me to read that trash is 25 seconds i'll never get back.

steelcityrockers
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I think he was joking...

DBR96A
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I think he was joking...

Glad somebody caught on.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
lol...well we get all types in here, Alot of Clowns fans migrate to this site to talk smack.Of course they get beat into submission, but it's all good in the hood.:nahnah:

DBR96A
08-17-2008, 09:39 PM
lol...well we get all types in here, Alot of Clowns fans migrate to this site to talk smack.Of course they get beat into submission, but it's all good in the hood.:nahnah:

Whenever I'm feeling sarcastic, I like to type in ESPNese (read: all capital letters and numerous spelling, grammar and syntax errors). :lol:

yinzer
08-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Whenever I'm feeling sarcastic, I like to type in ESPNese (read: all capital letters and numerous spelling, grammar and syntax errors). :lol:

i guess you're the only one that "got it"

steelerschick1220
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Until I read said article, I never knew that ben was tied with Peyton for most games wiht a perfect passer rating. With Ben being younger then Peyton, in my mind that gives Ben the edge to set the record. Hopefully he sets it up there pretty high.

SteelerSteve
08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm actually surprised to hear that Peyton is tied with Ben in that category. I thought Ben held that record, oh and btw he is an elite QB even alot of the media thinks he is. In CBS sports magazine he is rated the 4th best behind Brady,Peyton, and Palmer.