PDA

View Full Version : Troy to practice with the team starting Tuesday...

Troyisabeast_43
08-16-2008, 08:51 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/s_583323.html

Finally, we get some news on Troy and it's good news seeing that he will finally get on the field and practice and hopefully play next Saturday in Minnesota. Hopefully this is the last time this is even an issue this season and Troy practices and plays with the team for the remainder of the season.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
That is some good news...Now let's just see how long it lasts. Say want you want about him, the defense is alot better with him on the field.

K Train
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Tuesdays headline:

Troy Polamalu out with sore vagina

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
It's about freekin time; the dude hasn't played like Troy for so long I almost forget what it's like to see him make an INT, crush a WR across the middle or rush through and tackle the ball carrier in the backfield. Where oh where is that Troy at.......hopefully he's back :crossfingers:

Stlrs4Life
08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Good, now maybe we can move on.

STEEL CITY TANK
08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Tuesdays headline:

Troy Polamalu out with sore vagina

:hilarious: :haha:

SteelerSal
08-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I might get some heat from this, but, I think that if Troy can't make it through another season, Strong Safety needs to be addressed after the season.
If I have to go through another season of watching Carter on the field.....:rant2:

Troyisabeast_43
08-17-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree at some point Troy has got to be able to stay healthy week in and week out and be a major player on this defense if this Steelers team is going to have a chance to go far in the playoffs. I am as big a fan of Troy's as they come but even I will have to admit that this whole Troy being hurt and always coming up with injuries out of nowhere and not being able to practice or play is getting old and tiresome. Troy was said to have one of the best off-season workout regiments made to keep you in shape for a full season and beyond so that you do not get injured. So the bottom line is with that being said there will really be no excuses for Troy to get hurt or miss anytime at all this year unless he tears a knee out or has a major major injury. It's time for him to start playing every game.

AZ_Steeler
08-17-2008, 03:08 PM
I think Troy is starting to act like most other veterans... don't want to mess around with training camp! I personally think he has been fine this whole time and just playing the injured hammy b/c there is really no way to do an x-ray or anything to determine if his hammy is really injured! :dunno: As long as he shows up come gameday and remembers how to tackle again then I'm fine!

DBR96A
08-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I think Troy is starting to act like most other veterans... don't want to mess around with training camp! I personally think he has been fine this whole time and just playing the injured hammy b/c there is really no way to do an x-ray or anything to determine if his hammy is really injured! :dunno: As long as he shows up come gameday and remembers how to tackle again then I'm fine!

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Troy Polamalu faked injury so he wouldn't have to practice during training camp. :lol:

In that case, I hope James Harrison has a few words for him. :helmet:

NOVA STEELERS
08-18-2008, 09:42 AM
At Camp this weekend, Troy had a trainer with him going thru stretching work out then he ran about 20 - 30 (lost count) sprints along the back end of all 3 fields, so he is definately close if not ready now. He also ran out of the dorm down to the field, and he was so fast that SGs camera didn't pick him up :hilarious: :rofl:

steelersgal86
08-18-2008, 09:53 AM
At Camp this weekend, Troy had a trainer with him going thru stretching work out then he ran about 20 - 30 (lost count) sprints along the back end of all 3 fields, so he is definately close if not ready now. He also ran out of the dorm down to the field, and he was so fast that SGs camera didn't pick him up :hilarious: :rofl:

He is right about that....I tried to take a picture of Troy but he started running and when my screen popped up on the camera it was just the windows and a brick wall no Troy...so he is fast

steelcitysfinestXL
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Great news... if he can stay healthy. Im of the belief that no one player makes a football team. I dont care if its Peyton, Brady, LT or Troy. QB may be the one exception, but if you're a solid team (NE,IND,DAL,SD,PIT) the loss of any 1 player shouldnt doom your team.Yes, teams are better w/ their franchise players, but like Tomlin says: when you are given a starting position you are expected to play as such.

On the contrary, i believe that the other ten guys can thrive off of anothers player like a Troy. Im sure it goives the guys alot more confidence when he is playing in the game. When he is in there, the rest of the team is gonna have an oppurtunity to make plays because QBs are mostly concerned with the havoc he causes! Im a HUGE Troy fan and i hope he returns to form. But, If he has another season like he had last year, hopefully he's trade bait!

steelerschick1220
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Good. I hope Troy can remain healthy all season and give us a much more solid D. Our team is so much better when he is on the field.

Troyisabeast_43
08-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Great news... if he can stay healthy. Im of the belief that no one player makes a football team. I dont care if its Peyton, Brady, LT or Troy. QB may be the one exception, but if you're a solid team (NE,IND,DAL,SD,PIT) the loss of any 1 player shouldnt doom your team.Yes, teams are better w/ their franchise players, but like Tomlin says: when you are given a starting position you are expected to play as such.

On the contrary, i believe that the other ten guys can thrive off of anothers player like a Troy. Im sure it goives the guys alot more confidence when he is playing in the game. When he is in there, the rest of the team is gonna have an oppurtunity to make plays because QBs are mostly concerned with the havoc he causes! Im a HUGE Troy fan and i hope he returns to form. But, If he has another season like he had last year, hopefully he's trade bait!

I see your point and wont argue it at all; however, if the Colts or Patriots lose Tom Brady or Peyton Manning for an extended period of time during the regular seeing how all of their backups have looked so far in this preseason, the Colts and especially the Patriots are in huge huge trouble. The Colts will not win with Jim Sorgi and the Patriots especially are not going to win with Matt Cassell or Guitierrez or O' Sullivan or whoever ends up winning that back-up QB spot for them. While it appears Manning will be fine and ready for the regular season, the Patriots better hope that this Tom Brady foot injury is not a lingering type of injury that bothers him all year and eventually forces him to miss a few games because it very well could.

AZ_Steeler
08-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Link to story (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8461244/Polamalu-attends-first-full-practice?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5)

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu participated in a full practice for the first time this preseason on Tuesday.

Polamalu, who has been selected to the past four Pro Bowls, was placed on the physically unable to perform list on the first day of training camp. He had injured his hamstring before arriving and has only worked out lightly on his own.

"I like the fact that they're taking it slow because a hamstring is the kind of thing that you definitely don't want to have linger throughout the season," Polamalu said.

Polamalu made it through practice at the team's facility Tuesday "looking pretty good," coach Mike Tomlin said. Later, neither Polamalu nor Tomlin would commit to his playing Saturday against Minnesota.

"We're being cautious about how we get him back out there," Tomlin said. "We can't take steps backward as we proceed. We're very conscious of that."

steelerbum
08-20-2008, 03:41 AM
But, If he has another season like he had last year, hopefully he's trade bait!

Dude, I thought I was a pragmatist! How can you throw this guy under the bus?

He's our BEST defensive player bar-none! Polamalu plays twice as big as his size. If anyone in football is allowed to be hurt it's him. The guy does more than anyone else on our team to win, and you want him gone???Give the man a break.

My heart would break to see Troy in anything other than Black&Gold.

BTW ty carter should never be allowed on the field in any capacity ever again!

SteelerSal
08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Dude, I thought I was a pragmatist! How can you throw this guy under the bus?

He's our BEST defensive player bar-none! Polamalu plays twice as big as his size. If anyone in football is allowed to be hurt it's him. The guy does more than anyone else on our team to win, and you want him gone???Give the man a break.

My heart would break to see Troy in anything other than Black&Gold.

BTW ty carter should never be allowed on the field in any capacity ever again!

Does not do the team any good paceing the sidelines in street clothes.
Troy has not been the same player that you describe in over 2 seasons.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Does not do the team any good paceing the sidelines in street clothes.
Troy has not been the same player that you describe in over 2 seasons.

:plus1:
Steelerbum, i am in no way "throwing troy under the bus"! I am a HUGE troy fan. I also would hate to see him play anywhere else. But to give you a prime example of a similar situation... remember KENDREL BELL. Same type of dynamic playmaker, same type of nagging injuries. I will say i think Troy means more than Kendrel to this team, but if a guy is injured that much, something isnt right.

The way he plays, with such reckless abandon, his career is gonna be cut short to begin with. He is already showing signs that his body cant hold up to his style of play. Im HOPING all of his injuries are a coincidence (sp.). Im hoping the 10 or so LBs he added help him make it through a season. But he makes WAY too much $$,$$$,$$$ to be in street clothes on sundays.

Plus the fact that all this talk aout when he gets back, how much better the "D" will be, ect. is a distraction to his teammates. If he plays less than 10 games this year and is traded, the team would KNOW he isnt coming back and could move on!

GOD I HOPE THAT DOESNT HAPPEN!!!:crossfingers:

TampaSteelGirl
08-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Check out his training...now this is intense!!! I was quite impressed!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a20c7b&template=with-video&confirm=true

The video on the right side is his training..

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Does anyone want to take bets as to if Troy will be in the final preseason game? :rolleyes: