PDA

View Full Version : #43

LatrobePA
08-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Is this guy done? I know that might be a stupid question, but this is getting crazy, can the guy stay healthy???

Thoughts??

ejsteeler
08-13-2008, 12:32 PM
He's fine. no need to rush him in there.

LatrobePA
08-13-2008, 01:10 PM
He's fine. no need to rush him in there.

That's what I'm hoping!!:tt02:

BlackGold4vr
08-13-2008, 01:21 PM
He has not been the same player since the 2005 season when we won the superbowl. In the last 2 years his play has been sub-standard. If he doesn't get his act together this year and return to form the Steelers should part ways with him next year. :2cents:

ejsteeler
08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree, but my gut says he will pull it off this year and return to form.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-13-2008, 01:58 PM
He has not been the same player since the 2005 season when we won the superbowl. In the last 2 years his play has been sub-standard. If he doesn't get his act together this year and return to form the Steelers should part ways with him next year. :2cents:

Ya know, I've been one of the biggest Troy supporters on here the last 2 years when he hasn't been the same type of impact player that we need to be since winning the SB. 2006 I could kinda of write it off to the whole team stinking and him not being healthy; but then last year he wasn't healthy again and still not playing at the same level we needed him to be when he was on the field. Now this year he hasn't practiced yet in training camp and doesn't look like he'll be back at it anytime soon.

I have to agree with you; if he doesn't get back to the Troy of old it's time to move on and cut our losses. For as much money as he is making we can't afford to keep him around taking up that kind of cap space if he isn't producing. I'll reserve complete judgement though until this year is out and we see how well he did or didn't do. :nonod:

Koopa
08-13-2008, 02:03 PM
he's a bum now and will never be good again, i've always thought he was the most overrated player in the history of steeler football, and now he's proving me right each and every game he plays in.........

ejsteeler
08-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Koopa's out showin the love.....:lol:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Man, this whole Troy thing is getting crazy. I'm kinda still on the fence with this guy.I remember his first year i was like damn the way this guy throws his body around the field he's got about a 5 year shelf life.But when he's on the field he is a difference maker..and that was obvious on the playoff superbowl run.I think my only main problem right now is the money he's tying up.If he rebounds back and can stay healthy then he's worth it. I can't remember hating and loving a guy at the same time.But i'm hoping he's gonna prove alot of us wrong this year.:crossfingers:

I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Please no more Troy threads....I think everybody knows my feelings on Troy...lol.....I don't want to go on one of my rants and ticking somebody off.....I'm in a good mood and I want to stay that way....Once I cut loose on Troy I can't stop...lol

PolishPower83
08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
I agree that Polamalu is a bit overrated but two injury-plagued years does not make a career. There's no way the Steelers should give up on this guy...yeah, he was pretty ineffective last year, but his 2006 numbers would've been the same as 2005 had he not missed three games.

Stick with him! Here's to an injury-free regular season and playoffs for Troy. :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
I agree that Polamalu is a bit overrated but two injury-plagued years does not make a career. There's no way the Steelers should give up on this guy...yeah, he was pretty ineffective last year, but his 2006 numbers would've been the same as 2005 had he not missed three games.

Stick with him! Here's to an injury-free regular season and playoffs for Troy. :cope:

Correct, it doesn't make a career but one has to wonder now with back to back years of issues with his knees and hamstring if this is going to be a yearly issue going forward. If Troy has a sub par year I'd look for Tomlin to address Safety in the draft or FA next year depending on how well Anthony Smith plays and how well Mundy comes along.

Iron City South
08-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Do or die year for Polamalu ..... if he doesn't perform or has issues staying healthy, I fully expect the front office to:

1) Attempt to renegotiate his salary in a more cap friendly manner

or

2) Dangle him as trade bait like chum in a shark pool ....

Stairwayto7
08-13-2008, 07:15 PM
It is alot of $$$$$$$$$$ for someone who isn`t playing up to his own standards

Stlrs4Life
08-13-2008, 10:13 PM

Definately agree with that, we should cut our losses.

JB 67
08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't like that at all I'm sure he would end up on the Patriots...

SteelerSteve
08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
I say we give him one more chance this year. Who knows, maybe he will play stellar with his back to the wall and really impress us.:thinking:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-14-2008, 09:14 PM
You can perish the thought of Troy not being with us in 2008; he'll be here and the team will use him as much as they can this year but Tomlin is not afraid to bench a starter if they start playing poorly so I would imagine that while he will have to work his way back into the lineup the leash won't be quite as long as one might think.

Ambridge
08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Do or die year for Polamalu ..... if he doesn't perform or has issues staying healthy, I fully expect the front office to:

1) Attempt to renegotiate his salary in a more cap friendly manner

or

2) Dangle him as trade bait like chum in a shark pool ....

I agree!!
Should Polamalu miss significant time this season with more injuries it's time to cut the cord.

LatrobePA
08-15-2008, 10:45 AM
This has been needs to get his *** on the field and start proving his value!!