PDA

View Full Version : Reality

Friday133
10-09-2006, 10:11 PM
1-3, and it doesn't look good. i don't think the team is a playoff calibur team this year. actually at this point i'd consider it a mulligan. what do you guys think, is this a playoff team? remember the patriots went 7-9 after they won their first super bowl, maybe the same thing will happen to us, then we can reload in the draft.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 10:23 PM
The Steelers are most likely going to have to go 11-5 to have a shot at the playoffs. That means we need to go 10-2 from here on out. And those 2 losses better not be against anymore AFC teams. The Chargers and Jags already have a leg up on us.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM
I may be in the minority here but hell YES this is a playoff team, but we're just not playing that way now. Wholesale changes are not needed. It all starts at the top with BC. Whether that means a coaching change is in order or not, I don't know yet, or maybe its an offensive philosphy change, or maybe its just play the hell better and stop killing ourselves every week.

Friday133
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM
i think its going to be very tough for us SF. i just don't see that happening, unless other teams start to impload.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh it is gonna be tough. But as you saw last year never give up! I think we have the talent to do it and the schedule will be a little easier. The Browns twice along with the Raiders, KC and Tampa should be 5 wins. I think we can handle the Saints and Falcons also so that would put us at 7 with the other games being big ones. 2 against the Ravens, 1 with the Bengals, Panthers and the Broncos.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 10:32 PM
In theory your assessment is correct, and I agree with you. Those should all be winnable games for us and we should be in the thick of it come December. The problem is when are we going to turn it on to start getting to that point, right now it's anybody's guess.

Friday133
10-09-2006, 10:35 PM
we'd also need some help, we need the ravens and bungals to lose some games, so we can catch up.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 10:36 PM
That is true TG. To have a shot at the playoffs they need to turn it on this week with KC. This is a game they should win easily but right now I'll just take the win. Hopefully that will get them back on track.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 10:37 PM
we'd also need some help, we need the ravens and bungals to lose some games, so we can catch up.

They still have to play each other twice so that will help. That and we need to take care of our own business before I even worry about them.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Exactly, I dont care if it's 28-0 or or 10-9..a win is a win, and that might just be the ticket to get this teams confidence back.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
We may be assuming games are winnable BUT for the way this team is playing right now that is a mighty big assumption...

House of Steel
10-09-2006, 11:24 PM
I show up in Cleveland on Nov. 19 and we lose, it will be a very long time before I am ever happy with the Steelers. I hope they don't disappoint me attending this game in person.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Trust me HOS, we're all pulling for that game to be a win along with the rest of them

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
We may be assuming games are winnable BUT for the way this team is playing right now that is a mighty big assumption...

That is true but these are the games any playoff calibar team should win.

SteelersFire
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
In theory, all games played to date should have been "winnable." Cincy certainly was, and had they kept up what they started in SD, despite the Chargers' more effective 2nd half, we still could've and, dare I say should've, held them.

Are they playoff material? Sure. Will they be this season? Is anyone willing to write them off at 1 and 3? I'm not ~ but they damn well better get their act together and start playing like they mean it.

AZ_Steeler
10-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Considering the Steelers still need to play the Browns and Ravens twice each their chances of making the playoffs are good. I still believe the Steelers will make the playoffs without a doubt and it's still to early to write them off!

K Train
10-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok heres the reality, we will start playing like a playoff team again, the colts dont have a run d or a running game, the bengals will fall of because of the pathetic defense, the ravens will fall of they arent that good and i dont know if im the only person who can see that, we own the broncos, the jags lost peterson who was a stud on that defense, teams are being exposed now while we are now being overlooked. We are 2 1/2 games back in the division and cincy and the ravens arent looking great, we beat the ravens and we are back in it. 1-3 looks worse than it is, but i'd rather have thm play bad in september than in november and december. We will be back with the elite, but it all has to start this sunday.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-10-2006, 08:03 PM
First thing the Pats were 9-7 in 2002 and missed the playoffs after their first Super Bowl. They don't call me stat man for my warm personality. But are the Steelers a playoff team? Well yes they can still be a playoff team. Even though they don't look to impressive right now. The Steelers just can not afford to lose anymore of their remaining AFC games. Then they have to at least go 2-2 or 3-1 in their NFC games to really have a shot for the playoffs.