PDA

View Full Version : Edwards hospitalized

Stlrs4Life
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...alized_wi.html (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/08/browns_edwards_hospitalized_wi.html)

http://blog.cleveland.com/browns_impact/2008/08/medium_braylong.jpg (http://blog.cleveland.com/browns_impact/2008/08/medium_braylong.jpg)

Browns receiver Braylon Edwards was hospitalized Saturday night after having a gash in his right foot repaired with stitches.

Edwards suffered the cut on his foot when he was running lightly in his socks during a special teams period Saturday afternoon with some other receivers. According to a photographer who was shooting the session, Edwards and fellow receiver Donte Stallworth were vying for the lead when Stallworth's cleat gashed Edwards' right heel. Edwards' grimaced in pain on the field while Josh Cribbs wrapped his t-shirt around the foot to stop the bleeding. Edwards left the field on a cart.

Edwards was not at practice Sunday morning, but coach Romeo Crennel said he thought he'd be released from the hospital on Sunday. He said Edwards was kept overnight for precautionary reasons. Earlier in the practice, Edwards had his ankle looked at after landing awkardly, but returned to work after talking to the trainer.
Crennel did not give a time-frame for Edwards' return, but one team official said it was not believed to be serious. However, he will probably be held out of action until the stitches are removed, meaning

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Damn that sucks for Cleveland, Braylon is a beast. Hopefully he'll be straight for the start of the season. I want the Browns at there best when we play them so they have no excuses for a loss.

dawgs
08-10-2008, 11:52 PM
wow guys, its only a cut, mybe 2 weeks and its completley heeled. good excuse to keep him out of the preseason games.

steelersgal86
08-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Damn that sucks for Cleveland, Braylon is a beast. Hopefully he'll be straight for the start of the season. I want the Browns at there best when we play them so they have no excuses for a loss.

:iagree: I was just reading this on another site and thinking the same thing...He will be back by then though so there should be no excuses:yesnod:

dawgs
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
:iagree: I was just reading this on another site and thinking the same thing...He will be back by then though so there should be no excuses:yesnod:

Ya u should hope he does play, because if he don't and browns still beat the steelers, OMG!!! that would be so funny.

yinzer
08-11-2008, 10:41 AM
they need to rest the ENTIRE first team so they can absorb the complete arse whipping that will take place. :tt02:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Ya u should hope he does play, because if he don't and browns still beat the steelers, OMG!!! that would be so funny.

Well even if he does make it back in time to play us, when we do win..I can already hear you guys saying he wasn't 100% because of his foot. So it's a no win situation anyway you "slice" it.Pardon the pun.:tease:

dawgs
08-11-2008, 10:49 AM
excuses are more the steelers way. browns have not been good for sometime now, so never had a chance to make excuses.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Well even if he does make it back in time to play us, when we do win..I can already hear you guys saying he wasn't 100% because of his foot. So it's a no win situation anyway you "slice" it.Pardon the pun.:tease:

he'll be back for he last game of preseason. So don't worry.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-11-2008, 11:08 AM
excuses are more the steelers way. browns have not been good for sometime now, so never had a chance to make excuses.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

See that's what i'm talking about...when have you ever heard a Steelers fan make excuses? That's crazy talk.

Look we all know Cleveland is on the rise..but ya'll need to just sit back,shut up and wait till it happens, then you may come out of your closet and talk a little smack.But until then get back in there and take a :chill:

SteelCityKid5
08-11-2008, 11:24 AM
okay okay okay I dont wish anyone to be injured. I hope its a quick recovery for Edwards. Its true though, I hope he and the rest of his team is 100% for when we play each other. It would unfortunate if the Steelers or Browns stars will be injured because everyone wants to see a fair fight. But honestly, Browns fans shut up. You havent beating us for 5 years. EVEN if you would beat us 1 time this year because there isnt going to a sweep, its 1 time in 5 years so thats really no bragging rights. Its only a rivarly if both teams are able to beat each other. Rivalry: Patriots and Colts, theyve beating each other in the past couple of years. Steelers and Browns, Steelers have domniated for basically since they re-entered the league in 1999. I think the Steelers are 13-3 since 1999. I understand the Browns might be on the rise, but just let the talking be done by your team on the field. Until that, just shut up.

dawgs
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
okay okay okay I dont wish anyone to be injured. I hope its a quick recovery for Edwards. Its true though, I hope he and the rest of his team is 100% for when we play each other. It would unfortunate if the Steelers or Browns stars will be injured because everyone wants to see a fair fight. But honestly, Browns fans shut up. You havent beating us for 5 years. EVEN if you would beat us 1 time this year because there isnt going to a sweep, its 1 time in 5 years so thats really no bragging rights. Its only a rivarly if both teams are able to beat each other. Rivalry: Patriots and Colts, theyve beating each other in the past couple of years. Steelers and Browns, Steelers have domniated for basically since they re-entered the league in 1999. I think the Steelers are 13-3 since 1999. I understand the Browns might be on the rise, but just let the talking be done by your team on the field. Until that, just shut up.

1 time in 5 years is better then 0 times in 5 years right? Plus it is the second game of the season, always good to get off to a fast start, and beating the steelers would do alot for are confidence.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2008, 02:11 PM

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I'd like to know when you've ever heard excuses from the Steelers??? If we lose we take it and shut up unlike most teams in the NFL!!!! Even when all the crap came down about the Pats taping our 2002 Championship game, Coach Cowhwer said that it didn't make a difference, we lost and it wasn't becuase of that. We dont make excuses,if we played bad we take our loss, learn from it and move on...We are NOT the cry babies of the NFL, too many teams bawl about this and that. Don't confuse us with teams that lose and make up every excuse in the book why....If we lose..we move on period!!!

You Browns fans are getting a little too cocky for having 1 good season in years! You are not Steeler caliber yet..perhaps in the future but until you all hit ONE playoff game you should sit back and watch what your team does this year until you have a reason to talk so much shiat!!! We've earned bragging rights, you need to wait for yours!!!!

dawgs
08-11-2008, 02:21 PM
steeler fans have never made excuses ya your right. every fan does.

Only excuse I ever used was the browns were cheated in that game a few years back. you guys might remember its call '' bottle gate''. That game was complete bullshit, and was no question rigged. That cost us from hte playoffs. I believe the ref was hurt really bad along with a camera man.

My buddys also always talk about the freak injuries that have happened. baxter, bentley, winslow, daylon, so on so on.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2008, 02:32 PM
steeler fans have never made excuses ya your right. every fan does.

Only excuse I ever used was the browns were cheated in that game a few years back. you guys might remember its call '' bottle gate''. That game was complete bullshiat, and was no question rigged. That cost us from hte playoffs. I believe the ref was hurt really bad along with a camera man.

My buddys also always talk about the freak injuries that have happened. baxter, bentley, winslow, daylon, so on so on.

I saw bottlegate on NFL networks top 10, yes that was quite bad but man did they really have to throw bottles?? People could have really been hurt.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-11-2008, 02:44 PM
LOL right.:hilarious::hilarious:

dawgs
08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
I saw bottlegate on NFL networks top 10, yes that was quite bad but man did they really have to throw bottles?? People could have really been hurt.

No but it was fun. lol. I was there. I didn't throw any bottles because I was a little kid. But I would have. Thats what happens when you screw with browns fans. We spend half are paycheck to go watch a game, and they cheat us like that, I don't think so.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
No but it was fun. lol. I was there. I didn't throw any bottles because I was a little kid. But I would have. Thats what happens when you screw with browns fans. We spend half are paycheck to go watch a game, and they cheat us like that, I don't think so.

Fun???? That's nuts!!
We win for fun!!! :greengrin:

SteelerSteve
08-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Look we all know Cleveland is on the rise..but ya'll need to just sit back,shut up and wait till it happens, then you may come out of your closet and talk a little smack.But until then get back in there and take a :chill: Who all know that cleveland is on the rise? Your making it sound like its inevitable that cleveland will get better than Pittsburgh. The Steelers are nowhere near a downfall, and as far as I see it if we keep playing tough, keep building in the draft we'll continue to be a consistently dominant team like we have been for the past three decades. Browns will probably be okay for a few seasons, but the way they went about aquiring all of those players and spending so much money will eventually doom them.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Who all know that cleveland is on the rise? Your making it sound like its inevitable that cleveland will get better than Pittsburgh. The Steelers are nowhere near a downfall, and as far as I see it if we keep playing tough, keep building in the draft we'll continue to be a consistently dominant team like we have been for the past three decades. Browns will probably be okay for a few seasons, but the way they went about aquiring all of those players and spending so much money will eventually doom them.

Never said they would ever be better than the Steelers.Just said they were on the rise,from what they have been since they came back in the league. Which was pretty damn ****** so really they had no place to go but up.

And as much as i love The Steelers..the past 3 decades is pushin it...guess you weren't watching in the 80's when Mark Malone was at the helm. lol, those were some rough times.

dawgs
08-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Fun???? That's nuts!!
We win for fun!!! :greengrin:

ya but we didn't. So needed another way to have fun and get back at the ****** refs. I say we did that.

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Edwards has a stalph infection out for the year.

TampaSteelGirl
08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
ya but we didn't. So needed another way to have fun and get back at the shiatty refs. I say we did that.

well I hope those beer bottles were empty, would be a shame to waste precious, tasty beer!!! I can't wait to have a real beer in November!!! :yellowthumb: NA beer aint cuttin it for football season!!! :rant2:

Ambridge
08-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Edwards comes down with a nice dose of Staph Infection just like a few other Browns players have contracted the last few seasons.
Cleveland hospitals and the Browns facilities are some of the most sanitary and germ free environments known to man :eek:

SteelerSteve
08-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Never said they would ever be better than the Steelers.Just said they were on the rise,from what they have been since they came back in the league. Which was pretty damn shiatty so really they had no place to go but up.

And as much as i love The Steelers..the past 3 decades is pushin it...guess you weren't watching in the 80's when Mark Malone was at the helm. lol, those were some rough times.
I know that we havent been dominant every single year, but look at the numbers we've only had like seven losing seasons since the 70's steel curtain era. In my opinion thats a consistently dominant team. What other team has won as many games as we have since then? Probably none, the only one that comes close is the Cowboys.