PDA

View Full Version : Trade?

SteelerFan87
10-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Anybody think we might be able to fix some things via a trade? Whether it's to get a legitimate big back, or a WR, or whatever. And if so, what could we offer for a trade and who would you like to get?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 09:00 PM
This team has the leadership,the will, and the pride to turn this thing around. The answers to our 1-3 start are in that locker room every day. It's up to them to turn it around. We're full pro bowlers, veteran leadership, and hot young stud players who can do the job as well as anybody in the league. Cowher and Colber have put this team together and it won us a World Championship last year. We're the same group of guys (mostly) so its up to them to wright the ship.

House of Steel
10-09-2006, 09:05 PM
TRADE???? don't you think your getting a litte premature here?

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-09-2006, 09:07 PM
:iagree:
fan in87 wants to reinvent the wheel,IMO that seems a little drastic. This is the same team that won it all last year, it is also the same team that was 7-5 at one point. It's easy to remember the team that was an absolute buzzsaw through the second half of the season, but it took us 12 games to get our sh*t together. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we are gonna have that luxury this time around !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 09:07 PM
If we're a team that totally sucked liked the Titans, or the Raiders, I'd say get rid of everyone and start over but we're not. It's also not as if we're 1 or 2 players away from being great. We've got great players and we've got a great coaching staff, but we're just not great right now. We're not the same team we've seen for the last 15 years, and it's disheartening.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-09-2006, 09:12 PM
We will get this turned around. No reason to hit the panic button. You make a trade and you just might screw with the locker room chemistry.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't think 87 was saying we should trade. He was just asking about it is all.
And I don't think there is any one player we could get right now that would fix the problems we are having.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 09:17 PM
This team sticks together through thick and thin. They all know each other and they all work well together. None of us can put our finger on the exact issue right now. Is it Ben? Cowher? Maybe certain players think they're better than they are. Maybe it's all that and more, we don't know so all we can do is go by what we see and what we know from the past.

Normally if it aint broke you don't fix it. Right now Im not ready to say it's broke, but its sure bent alittle.

Friday133
10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
why not look into a trade? seriously we have a lot of problems. as it stands now i don't think we make the playoffs. why not see what is out there?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Seeing what's out there isn't going to make us any better IMO. We've got a team full of capable players. There's anyone of a number of teams that would love to have our players; it all comes down taking care of our business. WE can play with anyone in the league, we have the talent to do that, I truely believe it..but we're not focusing and playing as a unit right now, and that spells trouble no matter how good you are.

Friday133
10-09-2006, 10:16 PM
i like your spirit TG, i just don't see it. good teams, like the steelers of the last two years, don't play like they have the last three weeks. something is missing, i don't think we have the right mix of players right now, and i think others have gotten older pretty fast. case in point would be jeff hartings, he looked over the hill last night.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
We did play like this in a 3 game stretch last year. Hopefully we got it out of our system early this time.
Hartings was going against probably the best NT in the league. He was pushing our whole line around. Even Faneca had trouble with him so I'll give Hartings a pass on this game.

Friday133
10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
fair enough, but still to sit back and not be proactive wouldn't be good either. hell just cut duce.

SteelerFan87
10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow, this thread got a nice discussion going. And that was the point, to throw out an idea and see what people's opinions on it are. I am a little worried about some things, but then again it's always like that when the Steelers lose. If they get a few wins, I'm sure we'll all wonder why we ever doubted them.

At least, they BETTER win, because I do NOT want bengals crap on my house. :crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 10:35 PM
We did play like this in a 3 game stretch last year. Hopefully we got it out of our system early this time.
Hartings was going against probably the best NT in the league. He was pushing our whole line around. Even Faneca had trouble with him so I'll give Hartings a pass on this game.

That's exactly right..we played like complete shiate last year in the middle of the season and everyone counted us out, nobody gave us a shot. If we can turn this around and get on a nice run it will be so sweet to shove in the faces of the NFL and say, Hey We're BACK !!!

AZ_Steeler
10-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Najeh finally got a/some carrie(s) (I haven't checked stats yet plus I was pre-occupoed during the game) I think once he gets a few more he will fit in quite nicely, it is however too early to start calling for trades simply because this is practically the same team from last year... they just don't thave the motivation to win the big one for anyone like the Bus... maybe we could start a campaigne for Hartings since this might be it for him :dunno: