PDA

View Full Version : Which team should the Steelers worry about the most?

Steelerlyn
08-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Which team should the Steelers worry about the most?

o Patriots
o Colts
o Ravens
o Browns
o Chargers
o none

dawgs
08-10-2008, 04:12 PM
The team thats looking for blood.

stillers4me
08-10-2008, 04:15 PM
The only one listed that's even in our division.

dawgs
08-10-2008, 04:18 PM
The only one listed that's even in our division.

what divison are the ravens in??

Black@Gold Forever32
08-10-2008, 04:27 PM

:lol:.....Looks like one Steelers fan had a brain fart....I guess the Ravens are so bad that she forgot that the Ravens are in the AFC North....

The Pats are the biggest threat in the conference.....The Browns within the division...............

SteelersWoman
08-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I'd put the Jags on your poll too Lyn--they are a very tough team. But after seein' the Chargers in their preseason game, it would be hard for me to choose between the two. And then the Ravens always play us like we're the last team they'll ever get to face...this is a hard decision! lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2008, 04:37 PM
the team the Steelers need to worry about is the Steelers..plain and simple. If we can stay healthy, play our best football and not make dumb mistakes like turnovers at the wrong time or bonehead play calls that kill drives then there's no reason we can't beat anybody in the league at any time.

Obviously all those things and more have to come together and that's quite a tall order but not completely impossible.

Other than that if there was just 1 team to watch out for I'd probably say the Pats because they seem to have our number no matter what. All those other teams we've beaten recently but the Pats are one team that sooner or later we gotta get !

SteelersWoman
08-10-2008, 04:41 PM

It seems that you automatically assumed it was the Browns she was most afraid of...perhaps she thought it was the RAVENS that were in our division...:yesnod:

Just kiddin'-- I'm sure she meant you guys :lol:

Troyisabeast_43
08-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Well they are going to get an opportunity to play every single one of those teams and if they should beat them they will own the tiebraker over each of them. Good news is the Steelers play 7 of their 16 games with those teams listed above and 4 of those 7 games are here at Heinz Field.

SteelerSteve
08-10-2008, 08:07 PM
the team the Steelers need to worry about is the Steelers..plain and simple. If we can stay healthy, play our best football and not make dumb mistakes like turnovers at the wrong time or bonehead play calls that kill drives then there's no reason we can't beat anybody in the league at any time.

Obviously all those things and more have to come together and that's quite a tall order but not completely impossible.

Other than that if there was just 1 team to watch out for I'd probably say the Pats because they seem to have our number no matter what. All those other teams we've beaten recently but the Pats are one team that sooner or later we gotta get !Damn you are so wise! :clap:

stillers4me
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM
:lol:.....Looks like one Steelers fan had a brain fart....I guess the Ravens are so bad that she forgot that the Ravens are in the AFC North....

The Pats are the biggest threat in the conference.....The Browns within the division...............

My bad! And you got a good point! :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-10-2008, 09:36 PM
My bad! And you got a good point! :lol:

Not a problem...It happens to all of us....Ravens just stink so bad they don't even warrant a thought....:lol:

dawgs
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
wow, what a show of respect there. I agree.

$teelersRule
08-10-2008, 11:06 PM
honestly the steelers have the talent to beat any team in the league if the OL even plays decent, if so then we will have at least a top 10 offense. they might have one of the best i have ever seen. the D was the number 1 in the league last year and it is only going to be better with woodly and even timmons in there. the only issue is if we have many injuries mostly to the D line then we would be in trouble. but i am not worried about any other teams. like i said we have the latent to win every game this year. :cope:

Troyisabeast_43
08-10-2008, 11:18 PM
wow, what a show of respect there. I agree.

How is Braylon Edwards toe doing btw?? Maybe you should tell him to not to do practicing drills in socks just incase something stupid like what happened today with Stallworth stepping on him with his spike and hurting his toe doesnt happen. Inexcusable for the Browns coaching staff to let guy as important as Braylon Edwards is to their team to be practicing in socks and allowing something like this to possibly happen. He is lucky it wasnt much worse.

MOTORKRAFT
08-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I picked the Patroits. If the Steelers kick their *** when they play, the road to the Super Bowl will be paved.

dawgs
08-10-2008, 11:51 PM
How is Braylon Edwards toe doing btw?? Maybe you should tell him to not to do practicing drills in socks just incase something stupid like what happened today with Stallworth stepping on him with his spike and hurting his toe doesnt happen. Inexcusable for the Browns coaching staff to let guy as important as Braylon Edwards is to their team to be practicing in socks and allowing something like this to possibly happen. He is lucky it wasnt much worse.

He just got a cut on his foot. He will miss the preseason game on the 18th but thats it. I hope he sits out the rest of preseason, no reason to risk a real injury to him. this could be a good excuse to do just that.

Troyisabeast_43
08-11-2008, 12:01 AM
He just got a cut on his foot. He will miss the preseason game on the 18th but thats it. I hope he sits out the rest of preseason, no reason to risk a real injury to him. this could be a good excuse to do just that.

Well they are lucky that's all it was because he could have suffered a broken toe or foot that could have lingered and still might linger him for some of the season. Just not a very bright move whoever decision is was to do a drill of any sort in socks and risk injury to a player the caliber of Braylon Edwards.

MDSteel15
08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I said none of the above. I agree that they need to worry about thmselves 1st and foremost....

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2008, 10:45 AM

Other than that if there was just 1 team to watch out for I'd probably say the Pats because they seem to have our number no matter what. All those other teams we've beaten recently but the Pats are one team that sooner or later we gotta get !

I totally agree with this post 100%!!! If we play stellar Steelers football like we know we can do we shouldn't have a team to worry about. The Pats to me lost alot of key guys and I don't see them as a threat as much, The Charges I feel are the biggest threat if we are to have one but as long as we keep the stupid penalties down, protect Ben, have a stellar defense like we had at the beginning last season we are going to pound anyone in our way!!!!

steelerschick1220
08-11-2008, 12:41 PM

He practiced in his SOCKS????????? For real???????? If so, that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. LOL. Thanks Braylon!!!!!

Oh, I voted for the Chargers. I think they will be a tought team. But I would have voted for the Jags if they had been included on the poll.

BlackGold4vr
08-11-2008, 01:30 PM
A good team should not "worry" about any other team. Any team can reach out and bite you if you take them lightly. Pardon the cliches' but you have to take it one game at a time and there are no teams in the league that the Steelers can't beat if they play their "A" game. Players who are worried about playing any other team should not be playing in the NFL. Fans worry, players need to be confident that they can beat any other team. When they stop believing they need to retire!

:2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2008, 01:39 PM
It's not like this team needs any motivation to play each week; the AFCN rivals always provide more than enough motivation just being in the same division but the big yappers in Cleveland who think they are king ****, along with all the tards in Baltimore and Cincy always fuel the fire.

I want to see this team get up for each and every game every week; I hate to say it but they need to approach the games with the same intensity and mentality that the Patriots do. No matter who it is or what the record is you go into the game with a mindset of playing well, minimal mistakes, physical play and execute your game plan to control the tempo of the game.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Right...we need to just concentrate on what we need to do each week, doesn't matter who we play, alot of those games last year we beat ourselves, didn't matter who we played, we never really showed up.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
15-1 got us HFA and a loss to the eventual SB champion NE Patriots. 10-6 got us a wild card game against the AFCN champion CIN Bengals on the road to a 5th SB.

The most important thing is to get into the playoffs, healthy playing your best football of the season. Take it one week at a time, playing every week like it has playoff implications...cause it does!

Stairwayto7
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM

I would be a little worried, your best offesnive weapon, the cut was bad enough to require an overnight hospital stay. How many minor cuts need that? My biggest concern would be the Cleveland Clinic, 7 browns players have had staph infections, all from the Cleveland Clinic. This would be my worry. Bentley still not right, Jerivius still having problems.

dawgs
08-11-2008, 07:41 PM
why do u guys worry about the pats?? you play them once in new England. if tom brady plays then its a loss for the steelers. so why not worry about the team thats in the same divison, that you face twice and has improved alot?

But to be honest fans should worry about every game. this is the NFL and anyone can win at anytime.

I want your guys honest answer here. If the browns beat cowboys week one and steelers week 2 what would u guys say? yes I know its only 2 games and all that stuff. But still...

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I would be a little worried, your best offesnive weapon, the cut was bad enough to require an overnight hospital stay. How many minor cuts need that? My biggest concern would be the Cleveland Clinic, 7 browns players have had staph infections, all from the Cleveland Clinic. This would be my worry. Bentley still not right, Jerivius still having problems.

cleveland clinic is the best hospital in the country. joe J has alot of problems. His body is just dead. cleveland clinic saved bentleys leg by the way. He got the infection because of hte injury, not the hospital. plus Ewards only needed stiches not an operation.

If cleveland clinic is so damn bad then why do people from other states and countries get flown there?

Stairwayto7
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
why do u guys worry about the pats?? you play them once in new England. if tom brady plays then its a loss for the steelers. so why not worry about the team thats in the same divison, that you face twice and has improved alot?

But to be honest fans should worry about every game. this is the NFL and anyone can win at anytime.

I want your guys honest answer here. If the browns beat cowboys week one and steelers week 2 what would u guys say? yes I know its only 2 games and all that stuff. But still...

[AutoMerged Post Below]

cleveland clinic is the best hospital in the country. joe J has alot of problems. His body is just dead. cleveland clinic saved bentleys leg by the way. He got the infection because of hte injury, not the hospital. plus Ewards only needed stiches not an operation.

If cleveland clinic is so damn bad then why do people from other states and countries get flown there?

Dude, relax, yes cleveland clinic is well known for its Doctors, but has been well documented in the past 12 months the problem that they have had with staph infections and other infections. I have a very , very close friend that fell off his roof in June 07, he was life flighted to CC, and a year later his is on his eigth surgery, not to repair his injuries, to try and get rid of the staph infection he got at CC.
Example 2, Bentleys leg was saved at CC, yes after they were responsible for the infection. He went in with major knee surgery and came out with not just possible career ending infection, but it almost killed him.
Pleae once again like I`ve pointed out too many times now, get your facts straight, get out of Tony Grossi section of the PD, and try reading about the rest of the world. Your biggest problem is if you read it about the browns in a local paper then its real. Not a biased opion from a cleveland writer.
If I had to guess your age, I would guess 15. Your not nearly as mature as an adult, your very niave. But hey you have your whole life to grow up.

And once again, you always preach how your just here to talk football, and give your opinion on the browns, I can respect that, if that were the case. But once again your full of sh1t. Your Quote " if tom brady plays then its a loss for the steelers.' So this season is not a new season????? please feel free to answer, you based this answer on Brady of the past few seasons??? If that were the case why do we play the games , why aren`t are records this year just a repeat of last year, or the year before or the year before, so we win against the browns agaian and again, and again, at least according to your philosphy.

Well done!

I think your mommy is calling!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Because the Pats have had our number recently and they are the 1 team that we just can't seem to beat. We've beaten everybody else and if we play anybody else in the league there's no reason to think that we can't be them as well. We have the talent to play well against any team in the league, the challenge is staying healthy and putting it all together consistently.

dawgs
08-11-2008, 09:45 PM
If CC was responsible for bentleys staph infection wheres the law suit?? staph infections are caused by many different reasons. Don't say he could not sue them, because If a doctor was responsible for giving me a staph infection, I would own him and the hospital.

Stairwayto7
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
If CC was responsible for bentleys staph infection wheres the law suit?? staph infections are caused by many different reasons. Don't say he could not sue them, because If a doctor was responsible for giving me a staph infection, I would own him and the hospital.

You would own shiat. You sign papers, knowing that there is a risk. Grow the F- up! little man.

dawgs
08-11-2008, 10:37 PM
You would own shiat. You sign papers, knowing that there is a risk. Grow the F- up! little man.

those can be played around with. like a organ tranplant and what not, something that u can die in surgery from. not if u develop something because the doctor screwed up.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-11-2008, 10:58 PM

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Those first two football games are important to the Browns....If they beat the Cowboys and Steelers then I would be impressed no doubt.....I also think they have a chance to win both games....I also think they have a chance to lose both games....Both games are tough period...For the Cowboys and Steelers to....I expect both to be very good games....

I know I can't for week 2......

Bottom line the Browns are a good football team and on the right track....But I have some questions about them....But every team in the NFL has some question marks....Even the Pats...

steelcitysfinestXL
08-12-2008, 10:34 AM

I myself am not worried about the Pats. They are a great barometer (sp.) to judge where your team is. They seem to play the most consistant football week in and week out, which is a testiment to their whole organization. Other than that, its just another game.

Im personally a lil more concerned with the Jags. If im correct we have lost atleast 3 striaght games to them, and they dont appear to be getting any worse. We did put a hurt piece on Brady and the boys in midseason '04, but have since dropped 2 ugly games, and one last second FG game to them. The colts and Bolts seem to be teams we can beat with regularity in the playoffs as of the past few season. (since 04)

IF, the Browns can beat the cowboys and the steelers, yes it would be a phenominal start. But im sure if you asked DA, Edwards and the likes, they'd say they expect to win. Im not gonna go out on a limb and say it will make or break their season, but losing those 2 games would/will be a shot to the confidence. Esp. if they get blown out, but i dont see that happening. Should be an exciting 2 weeks for yinz.

PolishPower83
08-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm not really worried about any one particular team, but there is a stretch of schedule that is going to be pretty tough ---- Indy (Week 10); San Diego (Week 11), New England (Week 13); Dallas (Week 14). Damn!

Granted, only the NE game is away from Heinz, but that's a pretty tall order for any team to handle.

blackngold29
08-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I've given this some thought and my answer is: The Steelers should worry the most about The Steelers. If they play as well as they're looking so far, then they shouldn't have to worry about anyone else.

dawgs
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
I've given this some thought and my answer is: The Steelers should worry the most about The Steelers. If they play as well as they're looking so far, then they shouldn't have to worry about anyone else.

I don't agree with this way of thinking. Because u can say the same thing for 10-12 teams in this leauge.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-13-2008, 07:23 PM
then those 10-12 teams can say it too..it's really how you should approach the season and how any coach who has any sense will approach it. You can't control who you play but you can control how you play those teams. You have to go in with the mindset of being able to handle yourself against any opponent in any situation. the Steelers have the talent to play with anyone in the league; now whether or not they showcase that is another story and remains to be seen.

Stairwayto7
08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I voted Patriots! Cinci sucks, Balt. sucks, in my opinion cleveland is over hyped, over rated. pats are the team to beat, with or without cameras.

JB 67
08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I would say the patriot's but with that Brutal Schedule of ours we have to show up for every game...Our schedule is Insane

JensK
08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't agree with this way of thinking. Because u can say the same thing for 10-12 teams in this leauge.

Well, last season it was only the pats who really owned us. rest of the games could have gone both ways and were lost on personal mistakes, so i guees there is something to it.

blackngold29
08-14-2008, 01:28 PM

You could say the same thing about every team in the league. What's the point in worrying about one team when you'll play them once or twice throughout the season? You have to got out and play every week.

BlitzburghNation
08-16-2008, 03:10 PM
A good team should not "worry" about any other team. Any team can reach out and bite you if you take them lightly. Pardon the cliches' but you have to take it one game at a time and there are no teams in the league that the Steelers can't beat if they play their "A" game. Players who are worried about playing any other team should not be playing in the NFL. Fans worry, players need to be confident that they can beat any other team. When they stop believing they need to retire!

:2cents:

Well Put ~~~~~ I've always felt the same way---- :yellowthumb:

dawgs
08-17-2008, 01:16 PM
You should worry about every team your team plays bottom line. Any team can win. every team is a threat.