PDA

View Full Version : Injury to Steelers' Mundy may be serious

Captcoolhand
08-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Ryan Mundy has had several MRIs taken on his lower left leg and the rookie free safety said he may find out later today if he suffered a serious injury in the Steelers' preseason opener Friday night.
Mundy, a Woodland Hills graduate, left the Steelers' 16-10 win over the Eagles early in the second quarter with what coach Mike Tomlin later called a minor shin injury.

Mundy, however, is wearing a plastic boot on his left foot and said his lower left leg "is pretty sore right now."

Mundy, a sixth-round draft pick, said his left foot got caught in the turf at Heinz Field when one of the Eagles' offensive linemen hit him as he was getting up after making a tackle.

He said it was a cheap shot.

"The play was clearly over. He came in and hit me for no reason," Mundy said. "It was pretty bad when I saw it on film. I'm just hoping for the best right now." Typical Philly players.:evilshake:

SteelersWoman
08-10-2008, 04:28 PM
That would be a shame if it's serious--especially if it was a cheap shot. With that (and 2 more that I saw) that's at least 3--that's way too many.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-10-2008, 04:34 PM
he was grabbing his lower leg and ankle when he was laying on the ground; man that would really suck if it's something bad. Obviously it's something more than just broken otherwise the initial xray's would have found that :(

I really like this kid, he could be a real beast on ST for us and he's a pretty big hitter too. Hopefully it's not bad enough that he has to go on IR or anything.

STEEL CITY TANK
08-10-2008, 07:00 PM
......he showed a good deal of potential, I hope his injury is minor.

MDSteel15
08-11-2008, 12:11 AM
This really sucks! Mundy was all over the field the other night and was impressing. I say if it is serious we blow up the stadium with the rest of their sorry *** team in it.... City of Brotherly Punks more like it :2cents:

K Train
08-11-2008, 01:26 AM
anyone know what lineman it was?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Im not sure who it was but it happened in the red zone as the the defense was trying hold off the skins from scoring in the first half.

Prosdo
08-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Terrible news. Hopefully he will be alright.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Definately a cheap shot!! I hope he recovers fully! I hate it that they have to be like that. Ghetto!!!

seth_westover
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
it was max gean giles!

Stlrs4Life
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
High ankle sprain, he wore a protective boot today, but none the less will miss the next 2 pre season games, which is a lot for a rookie to miss.

bonesetter58
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
mundy was all over the field. A savior in the making... and then this happens. Hope he can make it.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-12-2008, 04:26 PM
High ankle sprain, he wore a protective boot today, but none the less will miss the next 2 pre season games, which is a lot for a rookie to miss.

We can be thankful is wasn't broken; those high ankle sprains though are pesky especially for a rookie trying to make the team.

He was definitely all over the field and has a good nose for the football. I hope he is able to make the final cut because he could be real demon for us on ST and with some grooming could also be a real decent safety I think.