PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Kosar gets thrown for a loss by the IRS

Deb
08-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Bernie Kosar gets thrown for a loss by the IRS

The tax man is trying to sack Bernie Kosar, former Hurricane and NFL star. The Internal Revenue Service filed a $228,806.21 lien -- income tax owed for 2006, according to Broward County records. Kosar is also delinquent on his 2007 property tax for his Weston home, on Paddock Road in Windmill Ranch Estates.

He failed to pay $52,724.95 due last March 31 and now owes $59,881.49 with penalties, interest and other charges. Kosar -- developer, restaurateur, Arena Football team president, and Florida Panthers limited partner -- says the tax bills fell through the cracks.

''I just found out about it.'' He intends to make good. Kosar, who played for the Browns, Cowboys and Dolphins, went through a contentious split from wife Babette that became final in December. He says some of the tax notices went to his old address. ``When you go through a divorce and you have to switch all the names and all of the paper and all of the accounts, this stuff happens.'' -- Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/columnists/joan_fleischman/story/630703.html)

HUNT4SEVEN
08-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Just like an browns player always making excuses 4 why they r always coming up short:lol::hilarious:

dawgs
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Just like an browns player always making excuses 4 why they r always coming up short:lol::hilarious:

59 thousand??? lol, he can pull that money from his shoe. wesley snipes owns like 45 billion and he is still not in jail.

but his excuse makes alot of since. When I moved I still was finding mail 2 weeks later at my old place.

kosar is a great guy, you can't bring him down. WOOOOO!!!!!!