PDA

View Full Version : I keep reading all this Jets/Favre "stuff" about his new O-line and the such.....

{STEEL MANIAC}
08-08-2008, 02:56 PM
So Brett Favre thought he could do whatever he wanted just because he's Brett Favre. He screwed himself and he knows it. You could see it written all over his face at the interview last night right before the Jets vs. Browns preseason game. He held up that Jets jersey like it was a joke. (It is a joke.)
But don't worry Brett, you'll still get your $12,000,000.00 .

He can say whatever he wants. He really has no choice now. The Packers would have had an excellent shot to go all the way to the Super Bowl this year if Favre would have stayed with the team.
How the Hell does he think he's going to develop any kind of long lasting chemistry with anyone on the Jets when he'll be retiring after a year or two? I honestly think he may have been able to last another four years with the Packers, but with the Jets and the way they always fall apart? NO WAY!

I know he's a tough QB and I'll give him that. Don't get me wrong, I do (did) have a lot of respect for the guy as a QB, but he's in a totally different system now. I think that streak of never missing a game in over 250 starts will come to an abrupt end when he gets pancaked this year by opposing defenses.

Remember Brett, the reason Faneca was so good with the Steelers was because, just as you said last night, he played for a while with the same team and he developed TEAM CHEMISTRY with the other Steelers players just like you did with the Packers. By the time you find any kind of chemistry with the Jets, you'll be ready for retirement for real. That is if you don't get 'clothes lined' before you decide to give up on football for real the next time. Yes, the Jets have beefed up their O-line, but even fillet mignon needs to marinate to produce the right flavor.

You were great while you lasted, but lets face it Brett, now you're just a Jet. The last time they ever had any REAL chemistry was when Joe Namath was their QB.

Now you will NEVER get another Super Bowl ring.....GAME OVER!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't think Brett is going to have near the same success he's had in GreenBay, he won't be around long enough to see them develop. They spent a TON of money in FA to get that team situated but everybody knows you can't buy a championship so we'll see how well he does once the bullets start flying in a new system in new york where he won't be a golden boy when he screws up. The NY media will eat hime alive if he doesn't play well.