PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see be accomplished in tonights preseason game?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Tonight is the first preseason game against the Eagles; the guys finally are able to get out there and start hitting someone besides each other for the last couple weeks.

The main thing I want to see tonight is how the OL is coming along; Mahan is going to play with the starters tonight and Hartwig will get his shot in the game against Buffalo, in Toronto. God help us is Mahan beats out Hartwig so he better step up big time and take this job away.

Parker & Mendenhall; Im looking to that Willie is starting to get his moves back but mainly I want to see a nice healthy dose of Mendenhall and find out what this kid has.

Timmons vs Foote; so far both guys are playing great in camp but it seems like Foote still has an edge so I want to see Timmons really have some nice games coming up in the next few weeks.

Also of course Dixon, how well is he picking up the offense and will he be able to put some drives together tonight.

Sweed; let's see the big 2nd round pick make some good catches, run crisp routes, and use that size & speed to his advantage.

dawgs
08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey I wanted to let you guys know how the browns preseason game went. but I did not want to open up a new forum so I'll put it here.

1. Anderson was 4-5 20yds 1TD 0pics. great one hard catch by Ewards.

2. quinn 13-17 133yds 0TDs 1pick. bounced off recivers hands.

3. are 1st and second string just destroyed the jets. But then ken dorsey came in and completely bombed. blew a 10pt lead in the 4th. then had 4 chances to score game winning TD on 4 yard line and over threw every pass.

4. Shaun rogers was GREAT. nobody got in the middle. jets had 4th and inches, QB sneak and rogers stuffed it. are corners wright and B-mac also looked real good.

5. stallworth also played really well made some nice catches. Wilson who is projected to be #3 WR made some great catches. rucker the TE we drafted, was a beast also.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AnI5qi6tHUwDbRWHqxp4sUwdsLYF?gid=200 80807005

We had a weather delay, which was insane. so starters only played until 4min left in the 1st quater. Jets had 2 huge passing plays against are 3rd string corners. D. Clowney played great for the jets. farve was there and looked older then ever.

SteelCityPride08
08-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm so fuc**** excited to see our team in action tonight

Why would you want Mahan to step up over Hartwig?. Mahan was shiat last year and the coaches are saying Hartwig is bigger and tougher. I can't wait to see how Hartwig does.

Im really really axious to see Mendenhall and Sweed in action. Our offense could be really good this year depending on our offensive line. Ben is saying he has better control on the offense this year so as long as everyone stays healthy and our offensive line gives their A game we should have a pretty good year

Im also anxious to see if we start letting Harrison free on the defense like we did with Porter I heard something about us gonig to start doing that.

In the end, i'm just glad we get to see some STEELERS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!
:cope:

Stlrs4Life
08-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Staying healthy, and want to see what Menenhall, and Sweed can do.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Im also looking forward to seeing Gay get some significant playing time; he's going to be the heir apparent most likely to McFadden next year if he doesn't sign an extension so the more reps he can get the better.

Bombhunter
08-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Staying healthy, and want to see what Menenhall, and Sweed can do.

:plus1:

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I want to see some solid special teams work..no muffed punts or dropped returns. Hopefully Drummond can resort back to his Pro-Bowl form.

I want to see if Timmons is a beast like i've been hearing the past 2 weeks out of camp.

I have to agree with Tomlin...it's time to see who shows up under the lights or see who fades away when it's time to shine....Bring on the Eagles Baby!:cope:

steelcitysfinestXL
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Ben- In the 1 series he is gonna play i'd like to see him not take any sacks. Im really wanting to see how he does with progression, blitz reads and checkdowns/hot routes. Prob have to wait til games 2 and 3 for all that. The Eagle play an attack style D so it will be nice to see how Ben is gonna react. I look for him to be sat no later then the 2nd drive.

Willie- 2 series max. Just wanna see him tote the rock and prove he is still FWP.

Mende- I hope to see alot of work with the first team oline and WRs and charlie Batch. I wanna see inside runs, as well as, tosses and sweeps and some passes out of the backfield.

2nd year players- Timmons, Wood, Gay, McBean: Im excited to see how far these guys came from their 1st camp to now!

I wanna see fast agressive play on both sides of the ball, and better play in the trenches. This team should be jacked to go out there and hit a diffierent color jersey!!

blackngold29
08-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I think it goes without saying that we hope nobody gets hurt, after that I want to the the O-line give a solid performance. Ben has done nothing but say they are doing well and they will disprove the critics... well that starts tonight.

I want to see a strong defensive performance, especially from the backs. If something bad happens and Polamalu gets hurt throughout the season they're gonna need to be prepared.

I also want to see how the rookies play, in particular Mendenhall, Sweed, and Dixon.

steelcityrockers
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey I wanted to let you guys know how the browns preseason game went. but I did not want to open up a new forum so I'll put it here.

3. are 1st and second string just destroyed the jets. But then ken dorsey came in and completely bombed. blew a 10pt lead in the 4th. then had 4 chances to score game winning TD on 4 yard line and over threw every pass.

4. Shaun rogers was GREAT. nobody got in the middle. jets had 4th and inches, QB sneak and rogers stuffed it. are corners wright and B-mac also looked real good.

5. stallworth also played really well made some nice catches. Wilson who is projected to be #3 WR made some great catches. rucker the TE we drafted, was a beast also.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AnI5qi6tHUwDbRWHqxp4sUwdsLYF?gid=200 80807005

We had a weather delay, which was insane. so starters only played until 4min left in the 1st quater. Jets had 2 huge passing plays against are 3rd string corners. D. Clowney played great for the jets. farve was there and looked older then ever.

I did not get a chance watch this (wtf DirecTV? I got stuck with ESPN and Arizona v. Nawlins) but I kinda followed. Dwight Lowery, a guy I really liked going into the draft, played really well (Punt Return for a TD and a Pick) so did Brett Ratliff. Both for the Jets. I lknow that Ratliff did this aginst the nobody players, but could that say something about the depth in the secondary? I don't want to look too much into this, but it could be a little concerning to the Browns fans. Ken Dorsey is sucktastic. He should retire and be a coach somewhere, he would be good at that.

ejsteeler
08-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Want to see Fast Willie make some cuts
Want to see Rocket Rashard show his stuff
Want to see Sweed prove he can catch
Want to see dawgs learn the difference between "are" and "our"
Want to see the defense stuff anything the Eagles come up with
Want to see Mahan, since he is starting against the other starters, either show his stuff or step aside if Hartwig can then show his stuff next game.....

dawgs
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
I did not get a chance watch this (wtf DirecTV? I got stuck with ESPN and Arizona v. Nawlins) but I kinda followed. Dwight Lowery, a guy I really liked going into the draft, played really well (Punt Return for a TD and a Pick) so did Brett Ratliff. Both for the Jets. I lknow that Ratliff did this aginst the nobody players, but could that say something about the depth in the secondary? I don't want to look too much into this, but it could be a little concerning to the Browns fans. Ken Dorsey is sucktastic. He should retire and be a coach somewhere, he would be good at that.

Yes it does. Wright and B-mac are pretty good corners, terry cousin is old but still can play. But after that, there's nothing there. safety postition is not that bad. But the browns have already said they will trade for another corner before season. ty law is also still out there. yes he's old, but he can still play.

steelerschick1220
08-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I won't get to watch the game, but I am planning on following it very closely. So, I am most interested in seeing if our o line has improved at all. And I want to see how Mendenhall and Sweed perform. Ben not getting sacked would be huge.

Dawgs, that was a spiffy catch that Edwards made from DA.

AZ_Steeler
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
The most important thing I want to see is no significant injuries!!!! After that I just want to see an error free game from the Steelers!

Austin
08-08-2008, 02:34 PM
I have cable so I won't able to follow it on the television, but it should be on the normal regular season radio station, right?

Anyways, to echo what others have said, I'm looking for Willie to show that he's back, the O-Line to handle the widely regarded Philly blitz, and to come out playing Steelers footbal with no injuries.

SteelfordWexler
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I'd like to see:
1) No injuries
2) Our LB's running around blowing plays up
3) #34 and #14 looking like they belong in the NFL
4) A decent return by someone
5) Someone looking like they can cover a kickoff

ward86steelers
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I want to see some solid special teams work..no muffed punts or dropped returns. Hopefully Drummond can resort back to his Pro-Bowl form.

I want to see if Timmons is a beast like i've been hearing the past 2 weeks out of camp.

I have to agree with Tomlin...it's time to see who shows up under the lights or see who fades away when it's time to shine....Bring on the Eagles Baby!:cope:

Id also like to see the new punter. Make sure he can average more than 20 yards per punt.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
No injuries is all that matters to me in these pre-season games...Its nice to win the game but if not so be it....Since it doesn't matter....I'm alway curious to see the rookies and second year players....The vets on the team you know what they can do....

SteelD43
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I am excited to see the rooks of course...but I will be paying attention to Ryan Clark, I am so glad he is back. The Mahan/Hartwig battle too. Finally the drought is over!!!!

terrible.towel43
08-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Dixon

STEEL CITY TANK
08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
1. Sacks and Interceptions/2. Kick & Punt returns/3. Our Run Game :cope:

HUNT4SEVEN
08-08-2008, 09:29 PM

dude they still lost an the run defense sucks.:tt02::cope:

dawgs
08-08-2008, 11:00 PM
dude they still lost an the run defense sucks.:tt02::cope:

the run defence was great. you see the 4th and inches play? shaun rogers stuffed it. they did nothing against are starting def on the ground.

they still lost?? ya are third string did, which clearly means are 1st string sucks. wait what?