PDA

View Full Version : Is Harrison getting over used already?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Silverback has been up every morning (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08215/901429-66.stm)running all the special teams drills while the vets are still sleeping in.

Check out that article referencing how he is being used so far in camp and do you think he is one of the players that should be taken off ST or atleast not used all the time? He is 30 years old and he's just not coming into his own and we need him big time this year. Granted he doesn't quite have the miles on him that other 30 yr old players do since he's had some injury woes and spent some time in NFLE in the past but one has to wonder if maybe Tomlin isn't pushing alittle too hard right now?

Yes our ST suck and we need starters out there to help out but where's the rest of them besides Harrison?

Phenomenal TJ
08-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Maybe he wants to be in better condition. <_<

But seriously, he's going to be burnt out or hurt if they keep this up, how hard can it be to simply teach another linebacker to cover punts and kicks? You have to be smart to play the LB position, and you have to be smart to cover kicks. It wouldn't be a huge change, since I'm sure most guys have done it in college.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2008, 01:56 AM
I know how bad we need to use vets on the ST to help with the quality of tackling and knowledge of the game and all and perhaps Harrison is just being used more in camp to make sure he stays ready in case he's needed but one would think a guy like Silverback who had a great year and with so much riding on him 2008 that you would work out other guys on ST and use him sparingly in that unit, perhaps as an extra coach or something.

SteelersWoman
08-03-2008, 05:14 AM
I didn't go to the link, but it sounds as though he's doin this cause he wants to--not cause he's bein made to...

Phenomenal TJ
08-03-2008, 05:41 AM
He more or less HAS to say he wants to. Not many players out there are going to refuse to play Special Teams.

I agree that he should be getting some rest from Special Teams.

SteelerSteve
08-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, maybe its the rest of the guys sleeping in that are just being lazy and he just wants to be in great shape for the season.

K Train
08-03-2008, 06:47 PM
hopefully davis and fox turn out to be something on special teams

Koopa
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
harrison is getting old now so we might as well squeeze all his usefullness right now before age takes over his life and he sucks dick

Stlrs4Life
08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Harrison stated this himself in a past interview. He said he got burnt out last season towards the end. He said that he hopes to only play ST when if needed.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2008, 11:23 PM
James looked really good out there today; he was intense and seemed to really be playing at a high level. He wasn't out in the afternoon ST drills today that I could see but I don't know about any morning ones.

blackngold29
08-04-2008, 01:43 AM
It probably could come back to tire him out at the end of the season, but he's been in the league since 2002 so I think he probably knows how to handle himself.

"I'm striving to get that perfect gear, that perfect game, the perfect season," Harrison said. Can't argue with that outlook.

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 07:35 AM
James looked really good out there today; he was intense and seemed to really be playing at a high level. He wasn't out in the afternoon ST drills today that I could see but I don't know about any morning ones.

:ditto: James was a BEAST Today, Blowing up the Sled, was all over the field.
He did run a couple of series on Saturday during ST drills, but you are correct TG he stayed out of there today and saved it for the Goal Line Drills :greengrin:

Captcoolhand
08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
IMO, Harrison will be just fine. He came a long ways to prove that he was capible to be a starter for this team and probably wants nothing more but to improve. Show the team that it wasn't going to be just a one year thing....:2cents:

dawgs
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Harrison is from kent state. those guys are tough, just look at Cribbs and Gates.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Harrison is from kent state. those guys are tough, just look at Cribbs and Gates.

And Jack Lambert. Who suprisingly, Harrison never heard of until arriving to the Steelers.

SteelerSteve
08-04-2008, 07:02 PM
And Jack Lambert. Who suprisingly, Harrison never heard of until arriving to the Steelers.
If lambert had todays supplements he could still compete