PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Limas Sweed 'Can See Clearly Now'

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
07-31-2008, 07:37 PM
LATROBE (KDKA) ― Rookie wide receiver Limas Sweed returned to practice today, one day after being forced from the St. Vincent practice fields with cramps.

But it wasn't recovering from the cramps that had the Steelers second round draft pick smiling. "I got my eyes checked out and found out I had a little astigmatism in both of my eyes."

While Sweed had glasses as a small child, he thought he'd outgrown the need and could see fine. "I didn't think it was a big deal," Sweed said. "But I found out I had a little eye problem and the guy put the glasses on me and I was like man I can see clear."

Sweed fully expects to do even better in training camp now that he can see the ball.

As for the cramps, the Texas standout says, "I'm a natural sweater, I sweat out a lot of salt and I forgot about that and I was just out there running around and got excited and I forgot about taking the salt tablet pills so I'm taking the salt tablet pills and I'll be fine." www.kdka.com

~ well i guess it doesn't matter how great of hands you got..lol if you can't see it you can't catch it! Glad he got it straightened out tho! :eyecrazy:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Interesting how many players on the Steelers over the years have realized they needed an eye exam and then found out how much better life is afterwards... Dwayne Washington, Chad Scott, Sweed, Ike Taylor I believe did as well.

STEEL CITY TANK
07-31-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm glad he's fine :cope:

steelerschick1220
07-31-2008, 09:54 PM
I am glad that Limas is well. I am really happy that he can actually see the ball now. LOL.

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-01-2008, 12:20 PM
“The old wide receiver in me, when you see guys struggling to pick up the blur of the ball, that’s one of the first things you look at,” said Tomlin, who was a receiver in college at William & Mary. “We did. There was a minor issue there, and hopefully it’s a winning edge for him. By no means are we going to lean on it. He’s got to go out and catch footballs.”
~Mike Tomlin from www.steelers.com

I guess he really was having a problem not seeing the ball..lol, glad they found that out now and not 3 years from now.

blackngold29
08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Ward said he dropped two passes the day before the exam... Now he doesn't have anymore excuses.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2008, 04:53 PM
It's funny how many of these guys go through their entire college career and then they get to the NFL and realize they need to see the eye doctor :scratch: You would think previous coaches would catch on they themselves would think to have themselves checked out.