PDA

View Full Version : These injuries with Ben are ridiculous...

Troyisabeast_43
10-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Now I dont know what was going on tonight but they said he had an elbow injury before the game because they showed him keep clutching and grabbing his elbow everytime he was throwing the ball during warm-ups. These little injuries and fevers and just all these dumb excuses before these games by Ben are growing to be very old. Its almost as if he is doing it on purpose to try to attract attention or to use as a cover up for his bad play. Ben needs to come out here and say and take blame and just say he isnt playing well. That second interception he threw tonight was just a dumb play to throw the ball while your taking a sack. However, the defense tonight especially in the second half was just horrible on 3rd down and just could not get any big stops or make any big plays when they needed too. It almost looked like they folded on that last possesion where they let the Chargers keep getting first downs and wanted to just get on the plane and go home. Just very frustrating to have 2 weeks off and come back out and play like this. The Steelers now for sure MUST win here next week against the Chiefs or this season will officially be over at 1-4 in terms of making the playoffs.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Ben's trainer, and QB coach Mark Whipple said there is nothing wrong with Ben's elbow. He said it's something that Ben does alot in warmups in pregame and in practice.

Whether or not that's a coverup statement we don't know but we can't go assuming something like this until we have definative information.

Troyisabeast_43
10-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Ive never see him do that in warmups like that before when he has thrown the ball. It just seems like there is always something bizarre going on with Ben before these games here. Im not saying one way or the other if he was faking it or just doing it to get attention. But he knows the camera's are on him in warmups and its just getting ver irritating to see them show these kind of things during the game where Ben is acting like he is hurt or something is wrong with him before the game starts. Whatever the case may be Ben still does not have a TD pass this year, and has 9 interceptions and just has not played well really at all here yet. This Steelers team will only go as far as Ben takes them and right now the rest of the team and Ben in particular with the way there playing are taking them right down the shitter. The motorcycle accident is affecting him I think and its going to be used quite a bit as blame this season if this team doesnt turn it around and do it fast. Ben anyway you slice it sure the guy is a great qb and has won a super bowl and a lot of football games. But the guy is still very immature as a person, he parties from what I have heard from people I know way tooo much, and has a lot of growing up to do as a person here and needs to get his situation with how he handles himself on the outside of football a lot more straight then it is right now. Because right now Ben Roethlisberger since this motorcycle accident has just been an absolute disaster for the Steelers. It needs to turn around and turn around fast or this season is going to be over.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 02:03 AM
I could care less what Ben does off the field as long as he isn't getting into trouble with the law. I myself think everything that has happened to him this year is taking a huge toll on him. Maybe they should have stayed with Batch a couple of games to let Ben get things worked out but who knows. It's easy to look back and say things.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:06 AM
I agree...he's just simply got to play better. There's no 2 ways about it. We live and die by Ben's play. I don't care who you are, if you don't have quality play from your QB you're not going to win consistently.

I hate seeing Ben have injury issues too, unfortunately he just seems to have an injury bug around him and he's gotta fight through it or we arent going anywhere but higher in the draft order.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:10 AM
No Ben is just a drama queen QB. He is turning into the TO of QB's. He isn't the team cancer that TO is. But Ben just loves the drama like TO. From broken toes that Cowher denied him having. To broken thumbs or torn ligaments in his thumb. I heard both last year about his thumb. Oh I forgot about his knee surgery last year. Now its the accident and his appendix. Oh a fever, the wind, stepping on Marvell Smith's foot and now his forearm or elbow.

Troyisabeast_43
10-09-2006, 02:11 AM
I agree its not time to bench him in favor of Batch or do any of this other crap that everybody keeps talking about here. Ben is the guy and whether he likes or not or the fans like it he is going to have to fight through it and work his way out of this funk its really that simple. As I mentioned in my other posts I still do feel if this team can somehow get a spark or get in sync like there capable of doing that the next 6 games are very winnable and this team can get to 7-3. As I also said I think that is the only way at this point I see them as having a chance to make the playoffs is if they win these next 6 games. The bottom line is if they lose the game here next week to Kansas City especially since they are banged up then heads are really going to start to roll here with this team and with the way Ben is playing.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:13 AM
No Ben is just a drama queen QB. He is turning into the TO of QB's. He isn't the team cancer that TO is. But Ben just loves the drama like TO. From broken toes that Cowher denied him having. To broken thumbs or torn ligaments in his thumb. I heard both last year about his thumb. Oh I forgot about his knee surgery last year. Now its the accident and his appendix. Oh a fever, the wind, stepping on Marvell Smith's foot and now his forearm or elbow.

Dude you really need to put down the beer ! A drama queen QB, what in the hell are you smoking ????? Yes he's had injuries but to sit there actually think loves drama like TO !! Gimme a break !

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 02:14 AM
I don't see where you are getting all this from? Couple surgeries and a major accident and he did it all for the drama? I don't think so. I don't think any player goes out to get hurt for the attention.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:16 AM
You don't think Ben loves the spot light and the attention. He loves it and thats why his head has gotten so big that he really is an ego maniac. You guys can't see it and thats fine. But Ben had to much success to soon and his head got really to big to soon.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Too much success too soon ! So I guess you'd rather him struggle for a few years and us not win the super bowl last year then huh.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 02:23 AM
You don't think Ben loves the spot light and the attention. He loves it and thats why his head has gotten so big that he really is an ego maniac. You guys can't see it and thats fine. But Ben had to much success to soon and his head got really to big to soon.

You say I don't see it, I say I don't agree with you. Big difference!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Too much success too soon ! So I guess you'd rather him struggle for a few year and us not win the super bowl last year then huh.

No but don't you think success like that could go to his head? He is only human. I probally would let success like that go to my head as well. Hey look at it like this if I didn't care about Ben Roethlisberger then I wouldn't care if he was stinking it up. But I do care and I do like Ben alot. But I just expect alot out of him. Sorry but I think he does take his talent for granted and playing in the NFL for granted. I have followed Big Ben since he played at Miami of Ohio. There is something different about Ben and I don't what it is. I just hope he regains his form I really do.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:37 AM
Sure it can go to your head, it happens all the time. The radio show was talking about how a recent conversation with Joe Gibbs where he mentioned that when a team wins the super bowl for the first time ever or in a long time, they face things they've never dealed with before and its a learning adjustment, that's why so many teams never repeat. Its up to the coaches to keep the distractions under control and the players to realize its time to play again and forget about last year.

Sure there's something different about him, we can all see that. He's not carrying himself the same as the last 2 years, he's not calm in the pocket, he's making bad decisions with the ball. As much as you want to say its a super bowl hangover or not working hard is the reason it all comes down to the fact that he's not had consistent practice or game time since the super bowl. He missed most of the mini camps in the offseason, he missed half of training camp, he missed 2 weeks of intense practice and game planning from his emergency appendectomy, he lost alot of weight, his favorite WR missed all of training camp and the 1st game of the season and he's just got to work through it. It's taking more time then you and I would like but there's nothing we can do about it but just hope he gets better fast and stops making the bad decisions.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Top Gun I'm a firm believer in tough love. Thats why I'm such a hardass fan. Sorry but I don't want to sound like a jerk. Its just my way. Hey really though talking with you and the rest of the Nation lets me get my fustration out. I'm emotional person and take this game of football way to serious. But I'm over the loss already and ready for the Chiefs game.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:44 AM
We're all so pissed off right now its not even funny. Ive been in a fit of rage ever since the 2nd half started. This team is just is not playing Steeler football. They're talking the talk but they aren't backing it up.

I take this game way to serious too, Ive been that way forever. When I say "us" or "we" referring to the Steelers, I truely mean it. Im a part of the Steeler family just like you. We're hard core fans and there's nothing wrong with that, no matter what my wife says. :rolleyes:

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 02:46 AM
My wife went to bed when the Steelers were winning so she didn't get to here me cursing the TV this time....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:48 AM
My wife went to bed when the Steelers were winning so she didn't get to here me cursing the TV this time....lol

My neighbors heard me when they came home tonight. I heard them say since my windows were open. I take it the Steelers are not doing well among themselves. Then know how I am and try not to be home when the Steelers are playing.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Mine told me tonight..why do you put yourself through this stress..I told her there's no way around it hun, it's in my blood, I have to watch the Steelers and I have to be a hard core fan, I guess Im just a lost cause ;)

Koopa
10-09-2006, 02:59 AM
it's just a bunch of bull, ben just plain out sucks, no excuses, and ppl making excuses should be shot in the mother sucking head for being a damn homer and not opening their damn eyes...ben just sucks, maybe he'll improve but he's hot garbage right now, and hurting the team big time him and cowher are no good for this team...good thing ben is still young and can change, cowher has to go

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 03:05 AM
I knew you'd find your way into this thread eventually

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 03:25 AM
it's just a bunch of bull, ben just plain out sucks, no excuses, and ppl making excuses should be shot in the mother sucking head for being a damn homer and not opening their damn eyes...ben just sucks, maybe he'll improve but he's hot garbage right now, and hurting the team big time him and cowher are no good for this team...good thing ben is still young and can change, cowher has to go

Koop, I'm with you man. No excuses Ben just flatout stinks right now. He needs to play better. I don't what he has to do but he better do it quick. I think Ben and Hines and the rest of the WR's better start practicing 24/7. They sure do need it.

K Train
10-09-2006, 07:40 PM
he was just loosing up his elbow

PITT23
10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
We foudn out tonight there is something wrong with the elbow since he came out to the press conference with his one arm not in the shirt sleeve. It likely isn't a horrible injury but he's really had the worst of luck over the last 9 months.

Koopa
10-09-2006, 08:12 PM
he did it just to have an excuse, maddox is teaching him well

House of Steel
10-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Koopa is right on the money!!! I am sick and tired of all this garbage.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
I agree also the weekly injury/excuse with Ben is getting old quickly.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Did ya watch him on TV after the game??? He was asked about his elbow and he said it was nothing just something he does... The only ones using for anything was the announcers :stirpot: At no point did he sayor use it as an excuse, yes he's playing bad but nobody on the WHOLE offense is playing that well !

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 10:40 PM
You guys are killing me here. An excuse? When have you ever heard Ben or BC or the team use anything Ben has gone through as an excuse for not playing well. He takes the responsibility every time he's asked about it. He never blames the accident, the surgery or anything else.

House of Steel
10-09-2006, 10:41 PM
That is absolutely right, Matt, that is why I am ignoring some of the crazy postings in here.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
The fans and the media are the ones looking for an excuse or reason Ben is playing bad right now. I thought he played pretty well last night minus like 2 passes. One I blame on him, the other on the play called. He needs to start running the ball more when there is nothing open.

Koopa
10-09-2006, 11:02 PM
That is absolutely right, Matt, that is why I am ignoring some of the crazy postings in here.

you obviously ain't ignoring what is being said in this thread or you wouldn't have been able to respond to tg

and i'm basing my opinion on what other fans are saying here, i don't watch post game ****, it bores the hell out of me

House of Steel
10-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Excuse me, Koopa, you don't need to get pissy with me, LOL. Some of the folks in here are going off hitting that panic button 5 weeks into the season. GIVE ME A BREAK!! 11 weeks left, anything can happen. Boy, your something to be desired, Koopy.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 11:16 PM
12 weeks left HoS!

House of Steel
10-09-2006, 11:22 PM
12 weeks, thanks for the correction, now someone hit me over the head with a hammer.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-09-2006, 11:38 PM
12 weeks, thanks for the correction, now someone hit me over the head with a hammer.

:bonk:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 11:40 PM

:bonk: :bonk: :lol:

House of Steel
10-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Man, we got enough Stooges in here and smart asses to last generations.

SteelersfaninPhilly
10-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Man, we got enough Stooges in here and smart asses to last generations.

Hey HOS, your number :bigfinger: of them all. :lol: