PDA

View Full Version : Where is the sense of urgency ?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2006, 11:35 PM
We just are not the same team. We're in 3rd place in the division, we not playing consistently on either side of the ball, we have too many turnovers, defense can't get consistent pressure, OL lets way too much pressure get through, running game is only good in spurts.

Right now, I just don't see all the talk being translated into walking the walk.

If we're not careful and don't turn this thing around, its going to be too late.

House of Steel
10-08-2006, 11:39 PM
We are really against the wall and I don't see the passion, nor the heart, nor the determination anymore in this team. We are definitely missing a lot of things in our game. There is no rhythm, there is no happiness, there is no pride in this team. No one is stepping up and becoming a leader of this team either. We are loaded with talent and this is totally unacceptable on my end. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for this team to be playing at such a pitiful level of football. It is so damn digusting to sit here every game night and see this team self destruct each and every time. When the hell was the last time we ever lost three games in a row? Very long time in my memory. I can't recall off the top of my head. Either we put on a winning streak of a lifetime, or you can just kiss the playoffs goodbye and just prepare ourselves for a very hellish long season of grief and fustrations.

BBG7
10-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I am really starting to think they are having a superbowl hangover and if they can't shake it very soon we are going to be done this year. We are slowly digging ourselves a hole that we won't be able to get out of. The North is too strong this year to put ourselves in this position. They have got to figure it out and soon!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Its already to late bro. Both the Jags and Chargers have the edge in the standings on us in the wild card. The Bengals beat us. This team is just living on its Super Bowl win and doesn't care right now. From Bill Cowher down to the whole team.

BBG7
10-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Its already to late bro. Both the Jags and Chargers have the edge in the standings on us in the wild card. The Bengals beat us. This team is just living on its Super Bowl win and doesn't care right now. From Bill Cowher down to the whole team.

Well I'm glad you have counted us out already. When we were 7-5 last year I wonder what you were saying????

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 12:37 AM
It's getting closer and closer for...
http://www.emediawire.com/prfiles/2005/12/02/317940/panicalone.gif

Im not hitting that just yet, but it's sure getting closer and closer.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Well I'm glad you have counted us out already. When we were 7-5 last year I wonder what you were saying????

Don't start with me. You don't know anything about me and don't assume anything about me. Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups. Maybe if you would quit being a blind homer and see that this team has some serious issues and this isn't last year sweetie.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Take a chill 32, there's no personal attacks out in the forum. She's allowed to have her opinion just like you and everyone else.

We're all pissed off right now, but there's no sense taking it out on another member.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Some opinions I've come to about this Steelers team so far:

1 - Ben is not right. I said it before this game and I'll say it again. I think he is scared to run the ball this year and is just trying to force everything. The way Rivers played in this game is the Ben we use to have.

2 - The Special teams sucks! Period!!

3 - Willie Parker is a nice RB but will not carry this team for a year. There is a reason BC put Bettis in the second half of games last year. To eat the clock and move the chains. I'm still sticking with my opinion Parker can't do it consistant enough.

4 - The Steelers as a team right now can't, won't or don't want to match the intensity levels of the teams they are playing. They better wake up because we are the defending champs and everyone wants to beat us!

I'm done being patient with Ben because I'm about 1 more pathetic game away from saying put Batch in. That is 4 bad games in a row counting the SB. I gave him a break on the first 2 this year but not on this one.
These are just my opinions and you can agree with them or not. There is more I could say but I'm sicking of seeing the same crap each game and don't even want to talk about it right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Take a chill 32, there's no personal attacks out in the forum. She's allowed to have her opinion just like you and everyone else.

We're all pissed off right now, but there's no sense taking it out on another member.

How did I attack her? She disagreed with me and I disagree with her.

BBG7
10-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Don't start with me. You don't know anything about me and don't assume anything about me. Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups. Maybe if you would quit being a blind homer and see that this team has some serious issues and this isn't last year sweetie.

Woah...you are the one that said "it is already too late" Basically all I did was point out what people were saying last year. If you have read any of my post you would know that I know we have serious problems and I have stated many times that we don't have long to fix them before our season is done. However, I am not a fair weather fan, and I still have faith in my team. And the bottom line is no matter what I still love them! If it makes you feel better to act like that and take it out on others....whatever, but I never assumed anything about you. I did nothing but quote what you said.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 12:59 AM
I still love them to but I still can be critical of them. I just don't like their effort right now. They look like they just don't care and thats what bugs me.

AZ_Steeler
10-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Some opinions I've come to about this Steelers team so far:

1 - Ben is not right. I said it before this game and I'll say it again. I think he is scared to run the ball this year and is just trying to force everything. The way Rivers played in this game is the Ben we use to have.

2 - The Special teams sucks! Period!!

3 - Willie Parker is a nice RB but will not carry this team for a year. There is a reason BC put Bettis in the second half of games last year. To eat the clock and move the chains. I'm still sticking with my opinion Parker can't do it consistant enough.

4 - The Steelers as a team right now can't, won't or don't want to match the intensity levels of the teams they are playing. They better wake up because we are the defending champs and everyone wants to beat us!

I'm done being patient with Ben because I'm about 1 more pathetic game away from saying put Batch in. That is 4 bad games in a row counting the SB. I gave him a break on the first 2 this year but not on this one.
These are just my opinions and you can agree with them or not. There is more I could say but I'm sicking of seeing the same crap each game and don't even want to talk about it right now.

This sums up everything SF! Ben is about 2-3 games out from being back to normal IMO, and Parker is great but he can only do so much! I think BBG7 said it best in anohter thread... the Steelers are still recouping from a Super Bowl hangover! The good thing is there is still plenty of time in the season and it's to early to panic!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2006, 08:12 PM
The day cowher benches Ben in favor of Batch is the day he looses any shred of confidence he might have left. It's not like we have a viable young hot new QB waiting in the wings like we did with Tommy and Ben... Ben is the future, if he's going through a slump we're just going to have to be patient with him.

suitanim
10-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Every year, there is a game that defines this team. Anyone who reads/watches Cowher's Tuesday press conferences will know this. We haven't had that game yet, and, maybe we won't...but I hold out hope. maybe the team doesn't feel the desperation yet that they felt last year? Maybe going 1-3 was the catalyst...regardless, there is WAY too much talent on this team to end up 4-12, which is what we would end up if we extrapolated the season out from here...