PDA

View Full Version : Sweed injured at practice today...Update - just cramping up

Troyisabeast_43
07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08212/900719-66.stm

The post gazette is reporting it's a hamstring injury. My goodness this is getting ridiculous.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
This has been a bad year for this kinda stuff..jeebus by the time Sept gets here we'll be lucky if we can field 22 healthy guys to play in preseason. Get that thing healed dude and don't come back before it is or it's going to plague him all year long.

Koopa
07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
fire tomlin already, bastard is ****ing killing them in meaningless practice, ****ing dumbass.................... oh well......... not like we had a chance to win it all anyway

K Train
07-30-2008, 06:11 PM
lot of teams have it worse....skins dropped like flys for the first 4 days

Ambridge
07-30-2008, 06:20 PM
lot of teams have it worse....skins dropped like flys for the first 4 days

Yeah!! The Rats have been hit hard with injuries too!! Hiloti Ngata went down the other day along with a few others......seen on the ESPN ticker that Ed Reed hasn't been practicing because of a shoulder injury.

Troyisabeast_43
07-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Sweed should be fine he just cramped up Tomlin said from running hard most of the day and they didnt want to risk further injury so they iced him down and held him out the rest of the day. He should be fine and ready to go for the afternoon practice tomorrow Tomlin said.

AZ_Steeler
07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Maybe this is the year the injuries occur in training camp then they go the entire season with nothing serious! :D

I know it's probably wishful thinking but you gotta look at the strinig of luck they have been having lately... it's gotta end sometime!

Steelerlyn
07-30-2008, 06:44 PM
That sounds good!~

steelerfan11
07-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Farrior and Smith didn't practice today either...both with same problems as Sweed.

steelerschick1220
07-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Goodness, this is getting old. I hope that we are injury free at the end of the year and we have the majority in training camp. I am glad that it is nothing too serious on Sweed, though and hope he gets better soon.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
I heard it was just cramps.......Lets stop with the over reactions...lol Its the NFL and injuries are going to occur......We can't wrap these guys in giant plastic bubbles.....

K Train
07-30-2008, 08:19 PM
everything gets blown into being torn or snapped or shredded....its a ****ing cramp lol

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2008, 08:30 PM
everything gets blown into being torn or snapped or shredded....its a ****ing cramp lol

On Steelerfury.com the title of the thread was Sweed carted off......:lol: I thought for a second that Limas had died or something....:lol: Then it took me a second or two to just realize it was another over reaction.....:lol:

Only time to panic is if Ben, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith, James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Mendenhall go down with serious injury.....Oh I would put Holmes on that list as well......

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
As long as the coaches make these guys chill and not come back too soon from these hamstring pulls they should be fine..but you know how the players are, they want to come back right away and then they make it worse.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
As long as the coaches make these guys chill and not come back too soon from these hamstring pulls they should be fine..but you know how the players are, they want to come back right away and then they make it worse.

Hamstring?......Heard Sweed had cramps and thats it.....:scratch:

Silverback 92
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
pull it together here folks... when was the last training camp we had with no injuries ? Im 44 and cant remember a injury free taining camp its part on the game

K Train
07-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Hamstring?......Heard Sweed had cramps and thats it.....:scratch:

yeah like a charlie horse cramp in his hamstring....aka a tear in his muscle that he may never recover from....fire tomlin

steelerfan11
07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Farrior and Smith didn't practice today either...both with same problems as Sweed.

Sorry i was wrong...Farrior and Marvel Smith both have groin injuries but both did not practice today.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

yeah like a charlie horse cramp in his hamstring....aka a tear in his muscle that he may never recover from....fire tomlin

??? tomlin is the one that said it was nothing, that he only wanted to protect him and not allow him to play anymore today.

K Train
07-30-2008, 11:41 PM
sarcasm.....

its nothing, but koop wants tomlin fired over it lol

Koopa
07-31-2008, 12:06 AM
sarcasm.....

its nothing, but koop wants tomlin fired over it lol

yup, ****ing bastard don't know how to keep the players hydrated lol............

STEEL CITY TANK
07-31-2008, 12:37 AM
I pray he gets better

steelerfan11
07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Sweed is fine...made it though practice today with no problems.

Hines said Sweed is leading the team in drops so far in camp. They gave Sweed an eye exam and he has a stigmatism. (spelling???)

They got this fixed now i guess though.

yinzer
07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
that's what happens when these guys get slack-assed in the off season. wimps. :evilshake:

steelcityrockers
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
That's what happens when it is hot as balls outside and they aren't properly hydrated. Wimps.

Stlrs4Life
07-31-2008, 09:39 PM
LATROBE, Pa. - One day after second-round draft pick Limas Sweed was carted off the practice field, the Pittsburgh Steelers found out their newest wide receiver does have a physical defect , but not an injury.

An eye test resulted in Sweed returning to camp Thursday with contact lenses. As for being carted off the field a day earlier, Sweed had cramps.

"I just went in and had them checked out, and they told me, 'You know, you have a little astigmatism,'" said Sweed, who said he has always been prone to cramps and dehydration and neglected to take his salt tablet Wednesday. "I'm happy because I never knew. Now I can be 20/20 and be back in action."

Coaches saw Sweed squinting during video sessions and noticed he would catch the ball on only certain sides.

"The old wide receiver in me (notices) that when you see guys struggle to pick up the blur of the ball, that's often one of the fist things that you look at," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "It was a minor issue, it's been corrected, and hopefully it's a winning edge for him."

Sweed was given new contacts and a pair of glasses, and he pledged to wear them on and off the field.

He joked that he should be even better than he was at Texas, where he ranked second all-time in receiving touchdowns and fifth in yardage.

As he adjusts to the pro game, Sweed said that the NFL playbook is much thicker than in college, forcing him to learn more formations than at Texas.

"I think I'm slowly finding my place as I learn more of the offense and am getting more comfortable," Sweed said.

Pittsburgh has a crowded receiving corps. Starters Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes and reigning No. 3 wideout Nate Washington are ahead of Sweed on the depth chart and seven others after the Steelers signed Eddie Drummond on Thursday.

Also on the roster at the position are former third-round pick Willie Ried, last year's seventh round selection Dallas Baker from Florida, Jeremy Bloom, Marvin Allen, Gerran Walker and Micah Rucker.

"(Sweed) still has to put a lot of hard work into it," Ward said. "But he's a great student. He wants to learn, he wants to get better."

The approval of Ward means a lot to Sweed, who has established an early rapport with Ward and the rest of the receiving corps, already joking that he has the least drops of the group through the first four days of camp.

The rookie impressed Ward, who is entering his 11th season, by initiating contact while running over a safety after a catch in practice Wednesday.

"I'm trying to pick up some of (Ward's) trademarks," Sweed said. "That nastiness, that toughness to go in there and knock those safeties back."

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/a...tpractice.html (http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/state/pennsylvania/20080731_ap_steelerswidereceiversweedbackatpractic e.html)

steelcityrockers
07-31-2008, 10:32 PM
For the record, Marvi Allen is not really on the roster or competeing for anything. He is an international player and at no point can he be brought up to the active roster.

MOTORKRAFT
07-31-2008, 11:18 PM
Sweed will be a stud. I just want to know who the coaches were that noticed him squinting during video sessions. Maybe they need watch the o-line coach (Zierlein) and special teams coach (Ligashesky) watch videos to see if they are blind. I mean W.T.F. Mahan, working with the first team as a center, Ernster brought in as a punter. Hell, I hope Ben dosen't get hurt becuse if Arians's eye sight is as bad as theirs he might confuse Ken Anderson (the Q.B. coach) as a young man. Next thing you know we will have the oldest Q.B. ever. Tomlin will say it is what it is, we will move on. A steady dose of marijuana and Bush Light usually help me throught the off season, but this is getting stupid. I may have to up grade to Michelob.

JensK
08-01-2008, 05:00 AM
that's what happens when these guys get slack-assed in the off season. wimps. :evilshake:

And that hit the nail! Cramps come if your not in shape, or if you just push your self to hard (normally a combination of both ^^). A NFL player should be able to get through one day of practice without getting cramps, so imho, sweed need to cut the crap and get in shape! :evilshake: hrmp!

steelcityrockers
08-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Cramps come from it being very hot, over-exertion, and improper hydration.