PDA

View Full Version : Still shooting ourselves in the foot.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers... we just can't get away from them. Ben is just not with it, why in the hell do you throw a pass up into traffic as you're being sacked ! Why try a flea flicker into double coverage. Its been over 130 pass attempts and 9 interceptions without a TD. He's just not making good decisions on a consistent basis, and it's killing us. A good pass followed up with a poorly thrown ball, an interception, then he takes a sack, then he makes a good play, then its another bad one..its just not good at all.

Our running game is consistent, our play calling is inconsistent, offensive line is conistent, we just cannot get it together and the hole is getting deeper and deeper to try and dig out of.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Dude its more then that. The whole looks like they have no heart. I'm telling Cowher knows he is retiring after the year. I wish he would just walk away now. The team get read Cowher and they know it to and its reflecting on their play on the field.

Koopa
10-09-2006, 12:29 AM
naw, the chargers just owned us....we did not shoot ourselves in the foot....ben is just no longer a good qb, and **** the excuses he's had plenty of time to heal, he's done.......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 12:29 AM
I know there's alot more to our 1-3 record than that, but Im just reflecting on Ben is doing or not doing at this point in the season..and what he's not doing is making good decisions with the ball, period.

BBG7
10-09-2006, 12:35 AM
No...he is not making good decisions at all. He just hasn't gotten it back yet. I know he will, but for this season, I hope it's sooner than later because things aren't looking good right now.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 12:41 AM
No...he is not making good decisions at all. He just hasn't gotten it back yet. I know he will, but for this season, I hope it's sooner than later because things aren't looking good right now.

Well Ben doesn't put the hard work in. The Drink Like A Champion pictures last year prove that. I have read many times how Ben party's way to much and really doesn't put the extra hard work in to be a good QB. That has more to do with then his little accident. The accident had nothing to with his two horrible INT's tonight.

BBG7
10-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Well Ben doesn't put the hard work in. The Drink Like A Champion pictures last year prove that. I have read many times how Ben party's way to much and really doesn't put the extra hard work in to be a good QB. That has more to do with then his little accident. The accident had nothing to with his two horrible INT's tonight.
Sorry, but I don'[t think Ben living his life means that he is not working hard. Yes he is having some problems right now that need to be fixed, but to say becasue you saw some pics of him partying last year, he is not working hard is crap in my opinion. First, the people that posted those online said they have NO IDEA when they were taken, and it didn't seem to effect hom last year. Ben is not the only one to blame for this 1-3 start, and esp. his life outside of football.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Sorry, but I don'[t think Ben living his life means that he is not working hard. Yes he is having some problems right now that need to be fixed, but to say becasue you saw some pics of him partying last year, he is not working hard is crap in my opinion. First, the people that posted those online said they have NO IDEA when they were taken, and it didn't seem to effect hom last year. Ben is not the only one to blame for this 1-3 start, and esp. his life outside of football.

Ben doesn't put the work in. Its becoming more clear each passing game. His mechanics are worse. But thats all from the accident yea whatever. Also it was a selfish act by riding the motorcycle in the first place. I have read many times about Ben and his party life style. Ben has let all this success so soon get to his head. But you just keep being a blind homer.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:00 AM
You can't say Ben doesnt work hard. He works out everyday, he watches film everyday, he puts in the time, he does what he's supposed to do. He's just not playing well right now which is contributed to everything that happened to him. Its up to him to get back to form but you can't say its because he party's too much. Unless you personally know you him you can't make that assumption based on some pictures you saw or rumors you hear.

BBG7
10-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Ben doesn't put the work in. Its becoming more clear each passing game. His mechanics are worse. But thats all from the accident yea whatever. Also it was a selfish act by riding the motorcycle in the first place. I have read many times about Ben and his party life style. Ben has let all this success so soon get to his head. But you just keep being a blind homer.:bigthumb:

I am not blaming the accident and never have. I feel that Ben has some major work to do, and I don't see the same Ben I have in the past. I guess we should just give up on him, release him and play Charlie because the guy has gone out to some parties, because no one in the NFL parties.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Do you ever hear or read about Ben and Hines Ward putting in the extra work like Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison do. Those guys are some work out warriors. I really believe Ben Roethlisberger takes his talent and playing in the NFL for granted. Riding a motorcycle proved that. Disagree with me all you want I could care less.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 02:07 AM
Well Ben and Ward have been injured all year so when were they suppose to go work out together? I think there is a lot going on with this team and it needs to be fixed. And that includes Ben. He didn't get to work out over the summer and then had the surgery a couple weeks back and I think his mind and body are just drained right now.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:08 AM
Riding a bike is NOT a selfish act, get it straight. There's tons of players that ride bikes every day to practice, to games, and around town on their days off. Riding without a lid is stupid but riding a bike is not !

Ben loves bikes, so do other players on the Steelers...**** just happens sometimes when riding, its part of life. There's nowhere that says you can't have a personal life riding bikes when you're a player. The accident wasn't even his fault.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:12 AM
Well Ben and Ward have been injured all year so when were they suppose to go work out together? I think there is a lot going on with this team and it needs to be fixed. And that includes Ben. He didn't get to work out over the summer and then had the surgery a couple weeks back and I think his mind and body are just drained right now.

Hines Ward played with a hamstring last year and had a very good year. Sorry but I'm tired of the excuses. I don't cut slack for anyone. Sorry but when you are getting paid the money these chumps get paid then I don't cut any slack. About Ben he is just lost right now and I think his lack of mechanics proves that he really doesn't work hard.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Riding a bike is NOT a selfish act, get it straight. There's tons of players that ride bikes every day to practice, to games, and around town on their days off. Riding without a lid is stupid but riding a bike is not !

Ben loves bikes, so do other players on the Steelers...**** just happens sometimes when riding, its part of life. There's nowhere that says you can't have a personal life riding bikes when you're a player. The accident wasn't even his fault.

Yes it is was when a team invests millions in you then you shouldn't put yourself in harms way. There is plenty of time for Ben to ride a motorcycle when he retires.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Ben's hamstring was nothing even as close to the seriousness of the one he had this year. Ben's mechanics or lack thereof are a direct reflection of his lack of practice and playing time since the super bowl. It's not that he doesnt work heard, that's just a cop out statement. Unless sit at every practice, go home with him and wake up with him, you don't know anymore than we do..its all hearsay so you need to stop believing everything everyone tells you and what you see from the media.

Sure he's had alot of injuries, but if it wasnt for Ben last year we wouldnt have gotten to the super bowl, and that you can't deny.

As for this year, he's just not the same for a miriad of reasons and needs to work through it.

BBG7
10-09-2006, 02:17 AM

If I do recall they worked out quite a bit on their off time last year. You don't usually hear that much about the workouts the players do on their off time. It doesn't mean they aren't staying after practice and working on getting into sinc or getting together at other times. Ben and Hines haven't been able to work together as much as they probably wish due to their injuries and surgeries but I do believe they are working very hard to get that chemistry back that they had last year

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Yes it is was when a team invests millions in you then you shouldn't put yourself in harms way. There is plenty of time for Ben to ride a motorcycle when he retires.

It's not selfish, that's a typical media and disgruntled fan cop out ! My company invests alot of money in me to do my job and they dont' have a problem with me riding every day to work and whenever the hell I feel like. Every company invests money in their employees to do their job...its just an unfortunate thing that happened but stop blaming him riding a bike as a reason, it's because he wasnt wearing a helmet that got him so hurt.

Steelersfan
10-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Hines Ward played with a hamstring last year and had a very good year. Sorry but I'm tired of the excuses. I don't cut slack for anyone. Sorry but when you are getting paid the money these chumps get paid then I don't cut any slack. About Ben he is just lost right now and I think his lack of mechanics proves that he really doesn't work hard.

Ward didn't practice all preseason so that is Ben's fault? The Ben had surgery so I don't see where they would have had all the time to practice together until the past couple weeks. Nothing you said proves anything, it's just your opinion. Here's mine:
Ben is still having problems from the accident and then the surgery.

Fans need to stop being so selfish. There was nothing in his contract that said he couldn't ride. The only thing that pissed me off was the he didn't have a liscense to begin with. That is the only reason he shouldn't have been riding.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Ben's hamstring was nothing even as close to the seriousness of the one he had this year. Ben's mechanics or lack thereof are a direct reflection of his lack of practice and playing time since the super bowl. It's not that he doesnt work heard, that's just a cop out statement. Unless sit at every practice, go home with him and wake up with him, you don't know anymore than we do..its all hearsay so you need to stop believing everything everyone tells you and what you see from the media.

Sure he's had alot of injuries, but if it wasnt for Ben last year we wouldnt have gotten to the super bowl, and that you can't deny.

As for this year, he's just not the same for a miriad of reasons and needs to work through it.

Last year was last year Top Gun. I gave Een a ton of credit for having a great playoffs and carrying us to the Super Bowl. But hey when you play bad I'm going to be critical. Its the nature of the position. I expect more from Big Ben and really he flat out stinks right now. I don't care what happened last year. He needs to right himself quick or its going to be very long year.

BBG7
10-09-2006, 02:21 AM
I guess when you play football in the NFL. You should not do anything off the field at all....when you are not practicing or playing a game you should be sitting at home alone doing nothing

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2006, 02:21 AM
I agree, he does need to correct alot of things. Last year was last year and it is indeed in the past. The QB takes the brunt of the criticsm and the bulk of the praise. We all expect more from Ben, but at this point, I also think we've all been alittle blinded by just how much he's been through in the last 12 months and how long it will take him to recover mentally as well as mechanically.