PDA

View Full Version : WHY?????

LatrobePA
07-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Why is it everyone is writing this team off this year? The stupid Browns are above us in power rankings???

I think we had a pretty damn good draft, and have a proven QB etc etc etc!!

Making me pretty SICK!!

AZ_Steeler
07-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I agree.... let them all talk and jump on the Brownies band wagon this year... Once the Browns start playing a somewhat tough schedule compared to what they had last year then they will be exposed.

It's like this every year... there is always someone besides the Steelers to win the division. Look at the Ravens a couple years back when they had the weak schedule and steamed rolled through it.. the following year they some of the better teams when they were picked for the Super Bowl and they fell flat on their faces! Let 'em cheer on the Brownies and disrespect the Steelers... it usually works in the Steelers favor anyway :bigthumb:

Hburg
07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Let them underestimate the Steelers, it'll be even sweeter to watch them get steamrolled later.

BuFu

LatrobePA
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
I agree.... let them all talk and jump on the Brownies band wagon this year... Once the Browns start playing a somewhat tough schedule compared to what they had last year then they will be exposed.

It's like this every year... there is always someone besides the Steelers to win the division. Look at the Ravens a couple years back when they had the weak schedule and steamed rolled through it.. the following year they some of the better teams when they were picked for the Super Bowl and they fell flat on their faces! Let 'em cheer on the Brownies and disrespect the Steelers... it usually works in the Steelers favor anyway :bigthumb:

Very true, I just needed to vent!! Thanks for the reply!

yinzer
07-24-2008, 06:27 PM
i get frustrated too. the analysts wouldn't have anything to disagree about if someone wasn't on the stains' ball sack.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Because they do it every year; there's always somebody in the division that had a better draft, has more talent, is on the rise while we're on the decline :blah: so let the so called experts do their talking and we'll who's left standing at the end of December.

steelerschick1220
07-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Let them write about the beloved Stains. It will just be funnier to watch them wipe the egg of their faces when the Stains start the season off 0-2.

yinzer
07-24-2008, 08:22 PM
i'm gonna try to ignore my hatred for the stains for just a moment here and be objective...
#1. the stains haven't proven anything except for making some hollywood off season maneuvers.
#2. they're mentally inferior because we eat their lunch every time we play them.
#3. derek andersack is NOT ben roethlisberger.
#4. they're defense is suspect at best.
#5. Kellen Winslow is NOT a soldier.
#6. donte stallworth DOES NOT HAVE TOM BRADY THROWING TO HIM ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!
#7. did i mention that derek andersack is NOT ben roethlisberger?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-24-2008, 11:24 PM
We've always been a team that thrives on adversity anyways...when people count us out and overlook us that's when we shine the most. Bring on the haters and doubters; we'll see who owns the AFCN when it's all said and done!

SteelerSteve
07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Besides, why would they think were on the decline? we have alot of young promising players on defense and offense. the only worry for me is the age of the d-line, but we always have found ways of having a great run stopping D.

STEEL CITY TANK
07-25-2008, 12:25 AM
outsiders down talk Pittsburgh, all sports analysis down talk Pittsburgh on certain decision we make.....All they do is suck the tit of teams that are "flashy" but in the end the team ends up sucking or they almost make it. Let Pittsburgh be the under dogs again....on game day they'll prove em wrong. :cope:

MDSteel15
07-25-2008, 12:36 AM
i'm gonna try to ignore my hatred for the stains for just a moment here and be objective...
#1. the stains haven't proven anything except for making some hollywood off season maneuvers.
#2. they're mentally inferior because we eat their lunch every time we play them.
#3. derek andersack is NOT ben roethlisberger.
#4. they're defense is suspect at best.
#5. Kellen Winslow is NOT a soldier.
#6. donte stallworth DOES NOT HAVE TOM BRADY THROWING TO HIM ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!
#7. did i mention that derek andersack is NOT ben roethlisberger?

Your number 6 didn't matter when he was there because he didn't do crap there either............:cabbagepatch:

yinzer
07-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Your number 6 didn't matter when he was there because he didn't do crap there either............:cabbagepatch:

exactly. #6 was more for stains fans. that's their excuse to greatness this year...donte stallworth.

Mark B.
07-25-2008, 09:53 AM
It's hard to buy into those preseason power rankings but seeing the browns up on the Steelers is a real steaming pile of crap! What a bunch of rocks. The browns have a low to mid grade defense at best. It will take a lot more than DA, that idiot K2, and edwards to keep up in the division much less the conference. Donte Stallworth? If he had top shelf talent, Philly would have kept him years ago.

yinzer
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
It's hard to buy into those preseason power rankings but seeing the browns up on the Steelers is a real steaming pile of crap! What a bunch of rocks. The browns have a low to mid grade defense at best. It will take a lot more than DA, that idiot K2, and edwards to keep up in the division much less the conference. Donte Stallworth? If he had top shelf talent, Philly would have kept him years ago.

i think the clowns fans are all on stallworthless' sack because he came from a dominant team.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I have to admit it kinda upsets me too... the browns of all teams! They have been a laughingstock for years! Now that they made some big name moves, and had some success last year, everyone wants to go out and stamp them the AFCN champs.

Still, even on paper, they dont really impress me much at all. A d-line who hasnt proven they can stop any one-Against Parker, Mende and MeMO. I LOVE our odds. Thir offense mad moajor strides last season. But in the second game agaisnt us they went up 21 nothing on us soley because of turn-overs... AND still lost. Josh Cribbs is the only player the deserves any praising on that team.

All in All, they have lost something like 14 out of the last 15 games against us... the olnly thing reporters should be saying at this point is talk about whether they can even make this a decent rivalsry anymore!!!! Either way, it aint gonna take long to find out whos the king of the hill this season!!!!

SteelD43
07-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Probably the way last season ended. But there are so many positive factors coming in to this season. Everyone is healthy (knocking on wood)..Ben is coming off his best season ever..we have great rookies..and Tomlin is settling in at the Head spot. All that equals a great season and a big foot for all these experts to stick in their mouths real soon!

TampaSteelGirl
07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I still didn't see the Brownies making the playoffs the past several years so why all the fuss about them? I'm sure not writing this team off infact i'm more excited about this team! We've got a great running game, great passing game, great QB!!! My only concern is our O-line, that's about it. Other than that i'm so excited!! We should do quite well!!

OH yea and Latrobe......WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN?????? :greengrin:

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm more concerned about the O-line. But the road to the AFC north Championship. Will once again go through Pittsburgh.

abejota88
07-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Just let those clowns do the talking.... it`s easier to say that a team that has brought a lot of FA`s will win... than a team that builds itself with great drafting and not so sound acquisitions on free agency.

Besides that... if they say the Browns are gonna win the conference and by any chance they happen to win it they get to say "I told you so" ... "I have always believed in this team" ... if they say the steelers are winnning the conference there is no news on that...

And yet.... i happen to like being the underdog... let them throw the attention on the brownies.

Steelerlyn
07-28-2008, 11:20 PM
The Steelers will do their best and all of us will be there to cheer them on to victory!~!

Zachintosh66
07-29-2008, 04:58 PM
We always get the shaft to the "reporters"... its okay i kinda like it that way! Not the shaft part just being overlooked and being the underdogs

blackngold29
08-01-2008, 04:45 PM
We always get the shaft to the "reporters"... its okay i kinda like it that way! Not the shaft part just being overlooked and being the underdogs

Shaft of the reporters, what are you talking about (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=afcnorthcouldproduceasub&prov=tsn&type=lgns)?

DBR96A
08-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Shaft of the reporters, what are you talking about (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=afcnorthcouldproduceasub&prov=tsn&type=lgns)?

Looks like a shaft to the entire AFC North there. They think we can't hang with the AFC South or NFC East, as if their performance in 2007 has any bearing whatsoever on 2008. They also point out the Steelers' non-division record in 2007, as if it has any bearing on 2008.

blackngold29
08-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Looks like a shaft to the entire AFC North there. They think we can't hang with the AFC South or NFC East, as if their performance in 2007 has any bearing whatsoever on 2008. They also point out the Steelers' non-division record in 2007, as if it has any bearing on 2008.

The thing that is even more unfair, is that if the Steelers tank and the Pats do well all the 'analysts' will say that they called it blah, blah. Nobody will say "The Steelers' opponents win percentage was around .200 higher than the Pats opponents."

manofsteel
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
havent you guys figured it out yet? We are the team they love to hate. Writers and analysts alike always talk down on the Steelers. Besides I love it when they do that because we all know we play better with a chip on our shoulder