PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp

Dako
07-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Well, It looks like I will be visiting St. Vincent's on Monday for my first Steelers training camp visit. Anyone else going to be there?

steelersgal86
07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Well, It looks like I will be visiting St. Vincent's on Monday for my first Steelers training camp visit. Anyone else going to be there?

Captcoolhand said he would be there on Monday....

BlitzburghRockCity
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Don't forget to take pics guys, have fun!

steelersgal86
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Don't forget to take pics guys, have fun!

I will when we go but it will probably be the following week :yellowthumb:

strong D
07-22-2008, 08:16 PM
i plan on going up for a day does it cost anything to get in?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Nope, doesn't cost anything to get in just bring your lawn chairs, blankets to sit on, cooler for drinks, etc cuz it gets really hot.

strong D
07-22-2008, 08:58 PM
are you inside the stadium or do you watch from outside the fences

SteelerDan43
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Boo for being away in SC, I get free sideline access too... :(

Hburg
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I have class, damn!

BuFu

steelerschick1220
07-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Congrats to you all who are going. I hope you have fun and be sure to tell us all about it!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-23-2008, 05:58 AM
are you inside the stadium or do you watch from outside the fences

It's in Latrobe, PA at Saint Vincent college; you on the grass and along the hill beside where the players practice and then afterwards some of them will come over and sign autographs.

Blitzburgh55
07-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Im going out next Tues
then im going to the preseason game on Fri

PsychoWard
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
we are going on the 17th! can't wait.

NOVA STEELERS
07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
I am there this weekend (Sat 2nd / Sun 3rd) and Sat 16th & Sun 17th anyone else who is going to be there those times let me know :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
I'll be there either the 3rd or 4th..probably won't know till the last minute what date for sure.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Looks like I'll be there this coming sunday, 8/3 :cope:

Camera...check
Batteries...check
SA shirt...check
Steelers hat..check
Steelers lawn chair..check
Cooler with G2, Water & soda...check
Munchies....check
Gas in the car...check

Ok I'm ready... :tt02:

steelersgal86
08-02-2008, 05:10 PM

Camera...check
Batteries...check
SA shirt...check
Steelers hat..check
Munchies....check
Gas in the car...check

Ok I'm ready... :tt02:

I think you forgot something :scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Oh Im sure I forgot something and Im sure I'll forget something too but either way we're headed out around 8am this morning :woot:

floodcitygirl
08-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Have a great time TG. Say hi to Troy for me. lol!

SteelerSteve
08-03-2008, 01:44 AM

Camera...check
Batteries...check
SA shirt...check
Steelers hat..check
Munchies....check
Gas in the car...check

Ok I'm ready... :tt02:Sounds okay, but c'mon man! Wheres the beer?:scratch: :lol:

PsychoWard
08-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Sounds okay, but c'mon man! Wheres the beer?:scratch: :lol:

lol thats what i was going to say!!!:lol::lol:

steelersgal86
08-03-2008, 10:18 AM
lol thats what i was going to say!!!:lol::lol:

Just him and his 13 year old daughter is going...:nono: the beer will come later :greengrin:

Captcoolhand
08-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Sounds okay, but c'mon man! Wheres the beer?:scratch: :lol:
Man, they got a sign that saids that you can be removed for smoking as alone alcohol. :banging:

steelersgal86
08-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Man, they got a sign that saids that you can be removed for smoking as alone alcohol. :banging:

There is always ways around that :greengrin:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Just got back, it was a great time. I got to meet and hang out with Nova and his better half today. It was a pleasure to meet you both! Thanks again for saving us with the bottle of water :lol: As of now they probably still have about an hour or so to go before they get home.

I'm dog tired but we got a ton of great pics that I'll load up tomorrow. Judging by the camera that Nova was using I'd say he got a bunch of great ones too.

steelersgal86
08-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Just got back, it was a great time. I got to meet and hang out with Nova and his better half today. It was a pleasure to meet you both! Thanks again for saving us with the bottle of water :lol: As of now they probably still have about an hour or so to go before they get home.

I'm dog tired but we got a ton of great pics that I'll load up tomorrow. Judging by the camera that Nova was using I'd say he got a bunch of great ones too.

Good to hear you had a great time...cant wait to see the pics:yellowthumb:

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 06:17 AM

Was an AWESOME time for my first Training Camp experience......... had a Blast hanging out with TG and his daughter :bigthumb: We made it back home 3 1/2 hours :eek1: I was :character0182:down the highway :greengrin: and that was with 3 minor back-ups on I-70 in MD......... Dropping 3 rolls of film off this morning, I will be picking em up after work and hopefully have some loaded up tonight :crossfingers: Looking forward to going back on the 16th & 17th already :waiting: for that to get here :redcool: with luck run into Pyscho and SG86 :yellowthumb: :cope:

steelersgal86
08-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Was an AWESOME time for my first Training Camp experience......... had a Blast hanging out with TG and his daughter :bigthumb: We made it back home 3 1/2 hours :eek1: I was :character0182:down the highway :greengrin: and that was with 3 minor back-ups on I-70 in MD......... Dropping 3 rolls of film off this morning, I will be picking em up after work and hopefully have some loaded up tonight :crossfingers: Looking forward to going back on the 16th & 17th already :waiting: for that to get here :redcool: with luck run into Pyscho and SG86 :yellowthumb: :cope:

We will be there:yellowthumb: glad your first time was a great experience...did you buy any good stuff

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 06:24 AM
We will be there:yellowthumb: glad your first time was a great experience...did you buy any good stuff

Bought a new window decal for back window of my RAM, bought a black 75th Anniversary JAMES HARRISON Jersey :helmet:, new Tie to wear to work :redcool: ,some coolie's to keep the :beer1: cold and a couple of Training Camp T-shirts. Couldn't find a STEELERS yearbook :dunno: they sell those things in wal-mart down here for the skins :evilshake: but they didn't have one in the wal-mart in Greensburg :crying: Is it too early for them to be onsale :dunno:

steelersgal86
08-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Bought a new window decal for back window of my RAM, bought a black 75th Anniversary JAMES HARRISON Jersey :helmet:, new Tie to wear to work :redcool: ,some coolie's to keep the :beer1: cold and a couple of Training Camp T-shirts. Couldn't find a STEELERS yearbook :dunno: they sell those things in wal-mart down here for the skins :evilshake: but they didn't have one in the wal-mart in Greensburg :crying: Is it too early for them to be onsale :dunno:

:dunno: I have one from a few years ago..but we got it at the women's training camp....did you buy your Harrison Jersey at training camp?

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 06:37 AM
:dunno: I have one from a few years ago..but we got it at the women's training camp....did you buy your Harrison Jersey at training camp?

No, just before you get on the Penn Pike in Breezewood there is a shop that has TONS of STEELERS GEAR and they had a deal buy 2 Jerseys and Get a FREE STEELERS Watch, so I got a Jersey and a Watch
:greengrin: :yellowthumb: :cope: :helmet: :plus1:

steelersgal86
08-04-2008, 06:40 AM
No, just before you get on the Penn Pike in Breezewood there is a shop that has TONS of STEELERS GEAR and they had a deal buy 2 Jerseys and Get a FREE STEELERS Watch, so I got a Jersey and a Watch
:greengrin: :yellowthumb: :cope: :helmet: :plus1:

so what other jersey did you get?

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 06:42 AM
so what other jersey did you get?

Polamalu :helmet:

steelersgal86
08-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Polamalu :helmet:

very cool :yellowthumb:

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I have soooooo many Jerseys now, have difficult time deciding which one to wear :scratch: :dunno:

Captcoolhand
08-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I have soooooo many Jerseys now, have difficult time deciding which one to wear :scratch: :dunno:I'll make it easy for you....Send me half of them. :lol:

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I'll make it easy for you....Send me half of them. :lol:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Captcoolhand
08-04-2008, 11:24 AM
:nono: :nono: :nono:alright then Just your Miller one. :D

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 12:09 PM
alright then Just your Miller one. :D

:bigfinger: Thats my Pride and Joy :doublefinger:

Captcoolhand
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
:bigfinger: Thats my Pride and Joy :finger2:
Well when you see SG86 and she kicks you in the tail, you'll know that was from me......:lol:

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Well when you see SG86 and she kicks you in the tail, you'll know that was from me......:lol:

steelersgal86
08-04-2008, 12:15 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :buttkick:

Captcoolhand
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono: I got the http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8001/mottsvx7.jpg (http://imageshack.us) :lol: :lol: :hilarious:

NOVA STEELERS
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :buttkick:

:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

I got the http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8001/mottsvx7.jpg (http://imageshack.us) :lol: :lol: :hilarious:

:duh: :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake:

Captcoolhand
08-04-2008, 12:32 PM
:duh: :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake: :evilshake:
You're not even right Todd, I'm a brother. :yesnod:

steelersgal86
08-11-2008, 06:59 AM
You're not even right Todd, I'm a brother. :yesnod:

:rofl: little late but just saw this!!!! :rofl:

I will take a Jersey though Nova...since you have soooo many...I dont have any :(

NOVA STEELERS
08-11-2008, 07:13 AM
:rofl: little late but just saw this!!!! :rofl:

I will take a Jersey though Nova...since you have soooo many...I dont have any :(

I don't have any kids size jerseys :hilarious: :nahnah: :nahnah:

steelersgal86
08-11-2008, 07:17 AM
I don't have any kids size jerseys :hilarious: :nahnah: :nahnah:

sorry, no kids size jersey here!!! but that is probably all you really have :yesnod:

You got this coming twice :buttkick::buttkick:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2008, 07:40 AM
you're heading up to camp this weekend right SG?

steelersgal86
08-16-2008, 07:46 AM
you're heading up to camp this weekend right SG?

Yeap!!! We are going tomorrow...leaving in the morning going to training camp then going to pittsburgh and hanging out there and coming home on monday:yellowthumb:

PsychoWard
08-17-2008, 07:28 AM
getting ready to leave!!:towelwave:

PsychoWard
08-17-2008, 07:14 PM
getting ready to leave!!:towelwave:

this is steelersgal86 training camp was great have great pics will post tomorrow net nova and his gf we are on our way to the buses resturant right now will post when we get back....and the hotel gives us free drinks...yippee

AZ_Steeler
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Sweet! Can't wait to see the picks!!!

ItAintEasyBeingPeazy
08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm so jealous...i used to go to camp every year when i lived back in Pa. Saints training camp is right up the road...but i'd rather go have a root canal done.
Can't wait for the pics and drink a beer for me!:beer4:

steelersgal86
08-17-2008, 11:22 PM
we did have a great time and a drink for anyone trust me..but it kind of came to a bad end i will post it in a bit ...we are at the hotel now...

Captcoolhand
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Saints training camp is right up the road...but i'd rather go have a root canal done.
Can't wait for the pics and drink a beer for me!:beer4:I feel ya.. I live next to the clowns camp too and wouldn't waste my time...:nono:

Captcoolhand
08-18-2008, 12:02 PM
we did have a great time and a drink for anyone trust me..but it kind of came to a bad end i will post it in a bit ...we are at the hotel now...
ya that's great that you guys had a great time but to have your car nearly broken into while there is F*cked up. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Thanks Pyscho for coming to the rescure. :clap:

steelersgal86
08-18-2008, 05:12 PM
ya that's great that you guys had a great time but to have your car nearly broken into while there is F*cked up. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Thanks Pyscho for coming to the rescure. :clap:

Yeah he was the man....probably the only time I will say that:crossfingers:

[AutoMerged Post Below]
I loaded up some of my pics:tt02:

AZ_Steeler
08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Here is a question about training camp... When my wife and I took our son, we noticed a long line over the hill leading down to field. Once practice started that long line headed down the hill and they encircled the practice field and watched from the sidelines. How did they get to do that and is it an every practice thing?

steelersgal86
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Here is a question about training camp... When my wife and I took our son, we noticed a long line over the hill leading down to field. Once practice started that long line headed down the hill and they encircled the practice field and watched from the sidelines. How did they get to do that and is it an every practice thing?

That is probably the fans that get there early to get the autographs as the players come out and make their way down to the field...that is where we were...:yellowthumb:

AZ_Steeler
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
That is probably the fans that get there early to get the autographs as the players come out and make their way down to the field...that is where we were...:yellowthumb:

You were right on the field and actually could have ran out and sacked Big Ben if you wanted to?

steelersgal86
08-18-2008, 06:38 PM
You were right on the field and actually could have ran out and sacked Big Ben if you wanted to?

:nono::nono::nono: not on the field by the field...in the years past...yes we participated in womens training camp and were right on the field with the players that is the best way to do it :yesnod: then yes I could tackle big ben :greengrin:

AZ_Steeler
08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
When we were there they let fans down on the sidelines, but they all had stickers on to say they could be down there... did they all just show up early to get on the field or was it family members only or did they have to pay a small price???? I know they wouldn't let you on the actual field, but they let a good chunk hang out on the sidelines while everyone else was on the hill side or in the stands... so what made them so special that they were able to be on the sidelines???

steelersgal86
08-18-2008, 07:02 PM
When we were there they let fans down on the sidelines, but they all had stickers on to say they could be down there... did they all just show up early to get on the field or was it family members only or did they have to pay a small price???? I know they wouldn't let you on the actual field, but they let a good chunk hang out on the sidelines while everyone else was on the hill side or in the stands... so what made them so special that they were able to be on the sidelines???

:lol: they always have different things going on..when we were down there for the womens training camp we wore stickers and felt very special..you get some awesome pics and autographs...:greengrin: