PDA

View Full Version : DE Ryan McBean is looking good

lightningrod
07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/afcnorth072008.htm

Word from Pittsburgh is that the Steelers have been pleased with the development of reserve DE Ryan McBean, who played in only one game as a rookie and missed spring workouts with a foot injury. If he can return to health, there’s hope he can provide capable help off the bench in his second NFL season.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2008, 03:20 PM
This is good news considering he did a whole lot of nothing his rookie year. With the age of our starting DL on the rise and that fact that we didn't address this position in the draft, McBean really needs to step up his game.

K Train
07-21-2008, 03:34 PM
cant even describe how big of a deal it would be if he stepped up even a little bit

lightningrod
07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
This is good news. I hope he can step up bigtime.

I wish that the Steelers will sign a free agent DE out there...

Is there any possibility that this can happen?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
they were looking at McFarland but that never panned out; right now we pretty have on the roster who we're going to have available in the regular season.

K Train
07-21-2008, 05:19 PM
dont be surprised if they sign booger soo

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2008, 05:59 PM
I have said before give McBean time....I'm not saying he will be a badass...I'm just hoping he can develop into a quality starter.....Aaron Smith didn't play much his rookie year and he has turned out to be pretty good...If McBean ends up half the player Smith is then that would be great......

K Train
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
smith is the best 34de in the league....mcbean has to watch him, his form is damn near flawless

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
smith is the best 34de in the league....mcbean has to watch him, his form is damn near flawless

I agree Smith is the best 3-4 DE....The pretty good line was sarcasm......:lol: Hopefully McBean and those undrafted DL are watching every move Smith makes....

steelcityrockers
07-21-2008, 10:47 PM
dont be surprised if they sign booger soo

In thememory of Steel58, nooooooooooooooooooooo

BlitzburghRockCity
07-22-2008, 12:35 AM
If McBean turns out to be half as good as Smith is then we'll have a nice return on our investment with him. He's got a great role model on the field in Aaron to learn from and he's got the time to develop and he needs to take advantage of it. we can't afford another year of not having the backups produce when called upon.