PDA

View Full Version : This game will be won in the trenches

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Both teams want to run.
Both teams want to stop the run.
Both teams need to protect their QB and give him time.
Both teams thrive on putting pressure on the QB.
Both teams have solid OL and DL's.

It all comes down to which teams big guys can take control of the game on both sides of the ball. Who's gonna open up the holes the best for their RB, who's going to keep their QB's jersey more clean. Our defense is built on putting pressure on the QB, that makes everything fall into place. SD is the same way. We mirror each other an awful lot.

Steelersfan
10-08-2006, 02:16 AM
I'll say that whoever makes the key mistake loses. But I wouldn't be surprised to see us come out and whip up on the Chargers either.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-08-2006, 02:56 AM
Most games in the NFL are won in the trenches. Look at the Jags game. The Jags dominated both sides of the trenches and won the game. Then against the Bengals we dominated the trenches and lost since we turned the ball over 5 times. So to me the key is always turn overs. If we protect the ball then we will win most of our games this year.

K Train
10-08-2006, 03:19 AM
The jags game we were dominated, but they only scored 9 points, cincy we dominated and lost on mistakes, Sd should be the game where we put it all together. Lebeau has had 2 weeks to figure out how to confuse the **** out of rivers, LT cant run on us, Polamalu is healthy and he owns gates, big ben has had 2 weeks to FULLY heal and get his head out of his *** and i hope he and the recievers got hundreds of reps. Big ben is a confidnet guy an bounces back strong when he needs to...theres no reason they wont win this game.

oh and most importantly Coclough is on IR :banana:

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Lebeau had 2 weeks to gey the defense ready ...I feel sorry for Rivers cause he's gonna be up the creek without a paddle...:hilarious:

SteelersFire
10-08-2006, 10:45 AM
This is the game where our boys really need to get out there and show what they're made of this season. Ben's got to stop second guessing himself and pussy footing around. I want to see Troy flying around like the human bullet I know and love him for being. This is going to be one tough game to win but if we stop being our own worst enemy with sloppy game play, we can beat SD.

Not only can we, but we must ... and the Steelers are beasts under just this kind of pressure.