PDA

View Full Version : I DON'T UNDERSTAND BRETT FARVE????

TampaSteelGirl
07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
While i've always liked and respected Brett Farve but I don't understand his motive of retiring and now asking to be released from Green Bay? I do respect the Packer organization for not letting him just come back and take over as starting QB. I fact that he CAN come back but as a backup! Kind of cracks me up!! I knew the guy was going to change his mind for some reason. Who would take him for a starting QB?????

Kind of made me mad when he kept saying he wasn't coming back and now seems like he wants to come back. WHat a fairy tale football career to be with the Packers that long and retired. The guy is kind of nuts I think, quite a slap in the face to the Green Bay organization!

K Train
07-13-2008, 03:02 PM
who cares...its quality entertainment through the longest part of the offseason. He played great last yaer might as well keep going until you cant go anymore. He could be a buc, a panther, a chief, a dolphin, a jet....god forbid a viking, bear or lion lol

SteelerDan43
07-13-2008, 03:03 PM
You really think that if he ends up going to camp they are not going to change their minds and start Brett? These people change their minds like they change their underwear. If he doesn't get his release or get traded I doubt he comes back at all though there are some serious burnt bridges there.

TampaSteelGirl
07-13-2008, 03:15 PM
You really think that if he ends up going to camp they are not going to change their minds and start Brett? These people change their minds like they change their underwear. If he doesn't get his release or get traded I doubt he comes back at all though there are some serious burnt bridges there.

I agee with you but I think someone got their panties in a bunch and is pissed that he doesn't want to play for GB. I"m not sure why he wouldn't want to play for them, they've got a some great guys there. It will be interesting to see but it kind of made me mad that he did that. I didn't think he could give it up that easy. I feel its quite a slap in the face as I said before, they were good to him.

BigBen2Holmes
07-13-2008, 03:27 PM
personally i think they should take him back as the startting qb, last year he had a pretty god season, he was the 6th best quarterback according to the qb rating and he had the 4th most yards

TampaSteelGirl
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I think they would but they feel betrayed by him right now I think. Things could change.

SteelerBee43
07-13-2008, 04:15 PM
On NFL network last nite some sports writer said he thinks they will trade him for some draft picks and could possibly go to Bucs or Ravens,,,:scratch:

steelcityrockers
07-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I think Aarpn Rodgers should demand a trade. He has been through a lot, I mean 3-4 solid years of this bullshit?

Steelerlyn
07-13-2008, 08:21 PM
I can remember him in front of the cameras after the season, saying he could still play, but no longer had the desire to play. Brett is and always will be a Packer, but I wish he would just ride off into the sunset and let it go...it's getting old. I could see if it were the first time he has said he's done only to reverse his decision withing a few months....
If you were the GM of the Packers what would you do? I would say sorry Brett, but you retired again and we took you on your word....this could be a distraction down the road...but the Packers will still finish atop the NFC North..jmo

And No, Brett will not back up Aaron Rodgers because Rodgers isn't good enough to hold Brett Favre's jock strap. Even though the organization has said he'll play for the Packers as a back-up if he comes back.
They already said they will not grant him a release and Rodgers is their QB right now. It seems to me there should be a time limit if you sign retirement papers there should be a rule that you can not come back for a said number of years...football, 1 or 2 years before you can come back.b then again they may use him

Since it is all about winning............I predict Farve will qb but prolly it's just a ploy to get draft picks from whatever team wants him.
Let him go if he wants...Joe Montana did it in KC, Vinny Testaverde came back numerous times...etc.

TampaSteelGirl
07-13-2008, 08:25 PM
On NFL network last nite some sports writer said he thinks they will trade him for some draft picks and could possibly go to Bucs or Ravens,,,:scratch:

Dear God! I the Bucs already have like 8 QBs!! I heard Sims didn't even show up for camp and I guess they got rid of Gradkowski to the Rams so I guess they need a few more to fill in the gaps!!! I"m not a Gruden fan at all!!! Nor a Ravens...feel bad for anywhere he'd go other than Green Bay, to me he's a Packer and always will be!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Somehow we should have seen this coming with Favre calling it quits on a sour note after the season ended. It's over now, he needs to either come back as a backup to help Rogers or call it quits and leave. Going somewhere else will be a disaster and not worth the trouble.

BlitzburghNation
07-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Having trouble staying on sirius nfl radio lately,,,,,,,,,,All I hear is farve this farve that :barf:

Here's whats gonna happen,,,,,,,,,Been hearing it all friggin week :cursin:

The packers will not release him or trade him to any of the nfc north teams,,,,,,,,

If he doesn't want to play for the team they trade him to,,,,,He will stay retired !

One thing is certain,,,,,,,,He will not get to pick a team he wants to play for "unless the compensation suit's the packers fancy",,,,,,,They want him outta the NFC period and it will take a minimum of a 2nd rounder to get him.

He should remain a packer and the coach & management should want him back,,,,,,,
But, I think that bridge is burnt,,,,,,,Something happened between farve,coach & management and this could get ugly,,,,,,,,I'm just sick of hearing the same crap over & over,,,,,,,,:barf:

Packer fans are going nuts,,,,,,,,,Who gives you the best chance to win a superbowl
Farve or rodgers "Duh"

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Here is hoping that Favre chokes on his breakfast tomorrow morning and that will be the last thing we ever hear of Favre.

steelcityrockers
07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I was thinking he falls off his tractor and shatters his hip and throwing arm, but either could do.

SteelerSteve
07-15-2008, 10:50 PM
as long as he doesn't go to the jags.....:lol:

K Train
07-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I was thinking he falls off his tractor and shatters his hip and throwing arm, but either could do.

he'd still play lol

Steelerlyn
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
I have mixed emotions on this after seeing his interview on fox News & ESPN

Silverback 92
07-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Brett has had the Packers by the throat the passed few years with talks on retiring than coming back .. 38 seems old for a qb but Vinnie Taste the turffy was still going strong at 44 last season...

steelcityrockers
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't say he was going "strong"...

SportsTalkCentral
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
IMO, Brett Favre needs to either be active, or be retired. His little retire, but oh wait, I wanna play again is getting old. I know it's gotta be hard to retire from the game you've loved since childhood, but I mean c'mon Brett. You either need to shuter down or play and cut all the drama.

steelcityrockers
07-17-2008, 09:08 PM
he'd still play lol

Becuase he is just having fun.