PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: Blitzburghpete

AZ_Steeler
07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
Blitzburghpete

Member Spotlight Questions:

How long have you been a Steeler fan? Since the Steelers won the superbowl in 1979/80 v the Rams

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? As a 8 year old, they had highlights of the Steeler/Ram game on and i remeber thinking i've never seen anything with so much engery / passion / excitment in my life and from that day i was hooked. My first memory of a steeler game was, and correct me if i'm wrong, Dwayne Woodruff blocked and Extra point in the Superbowl.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? It was the BUS but now, i think i'll have to go with Ben.

Why are they your favorite player? last year he was doing everything he could to keep us in game, running for his life, completing passes he shouldn't shruging off tackles, being a leader, he was immense, and i wish the rest of the team would give 110% like him.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? ooh I like hitters so The Bus, Jason Gildon, Carnel Lake, Rod Woodson, Mike Merriweather, i could go on, but if i had to choose one of those i'd go with The Bus on O, Lake on Dee

What is your favorite Steelers memory? The one i enjoyed the most was the Championship game v the Colts and Jim harboughs hail mary pass falling incomplete. After the heartbreak of the year before all the emotion built up from the last year and that year came out!!!

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Rugby, Baseball, Cricket, Skiiing.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? LOL your gonna like this - House of Steel introduced me here.. so he did something good one time!

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? easy - Family ! Somewhere i can come and be myself, feel relaxed with friends, chat about life, and unwind from the day

What do you do for a living? i'm a manager of a call centre section who sorts out customers delivery problems. My last job though i really enjoyed. I was the exhibition co-ordiantor for the worlds second largest manufacturer of radiation oncology and neurosurgery equipment. I got all this stuff from a to b for the trades shows and go with it wherever in the world to set it up.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I'm very insecure about myself,and sensative how people view me. I often think and feel no one gives a damm about me. ( you did ask )

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? Not sure you better ask "everybody" - but if i had to guess i woudl say you all think of me as "that english guy"

What kind of car or truck do you drive? A SEAT Ibiza, 5 door in black

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? You know i'm happy the way i am. I'm not perfect by any means, ie could loose a little weight, run a little faster etc, but apart from that i think i'm ok as i am.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? I play a lot of PS3 at the moment, COD4, and GT. Read and bore you all to death by telling you what books i have read!! I then bore you all with my cooking, as i soon found out if it ain't a reciepe with steak and potatoes 99% of you aren't interested. Ummm, apart from the sports i play/watch thats it really.

Favorite TV show? Top Gear/ Ray Mears/ The Dealiest Catch/ Chuck/ Bear Grylls/ Scrapheap Challenge although i think the US version is called Junkyard wars.. and i Used to be a huge fan of Robot Wars ( US version Battlebots )

Favorite video games? COD4 / Gran Turismo

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? LOL NO, !!! They run and hide!! I can;t say watching a game when my team is playing is a pleasureable experience, as i soo badly want my team to win, unless they are 3 scores up with 1 minute to play, i can then enjoy. I have a soft fluffy american football called "fluffy" that i man handle and mash when games are on!!

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Steeler games i have to pay to watch via the net on Yahoo sports. They come on here live about dinner time 6pm in the evening so i get the dinner on, sit down and watch the game

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? As above i'm normally having dinner anyway, but if a steeler game is on i have 2 beers, and i mean real ale's too. Hobgoblin / Black Sheep

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? a big fat zero!!! One day.....

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? Heinz field only cos i hated the artificial turf of 3 rivers

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"? The Immacualte reception because that play was the stuff of dreams.

ejsteeler
07-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Good stuff Pete...:yellowthumb:

NOVA STEELERS
07-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Good Read Pete, Thanks for sharing :clap: :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Good read Pete, thanks for sharing bud !!

oh btw, Im not even sure I can pronounce this let alone know what it is :lol:

What kind of car or truck do you drive? A SEAT Ibiza, 5 door in black

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks for sharing !!! Don't talk too much about that HOS thing though he's generally thought of a POS around here !! :lol:

BlitzburghNation
07-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Nice read~~~:bigthumb:

SteelerBee43
07-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Nice read Pete,and we do give a damn about you...:hugs:....:greengrin:

steelersgal86
07-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Great interview...thanks for sharing:yellowthumb:

Dako
07-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Good interview!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? ooh I like hitters so The Bus, Jason Gildon, Carnel Lake, Rod Woodson, Mike Merriweather, i could go on, but if i had to choose one of those i'd go with The Bus on O, Lake on Dee

Man I really like Gildon too, he was my favorite player all the years he was here; the heir apparent to Lloyd and Greene definitely didn't disappoint during his career.

Deb
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Ditto what Carla said.

Blitzburghpete
07-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks for sharing !!! Don't talk too much about that HOS thing though he's generally thought of a POS around here !! :lol:

oh yes - i know all about HOS - and this will be the last time i mention him too. I was personally really let down by him. It hurt!

Ditto what Carla said.

Gee thanks you two. Big hugs back at ya both for saying that. We all have our weaknesses plus the day i wrote this i was having a bad day too, but what you both just said cheered me up!

Man I really like Gildon too, he was my favorite player all the years he was here; the heir apparent to Lloyd and Greene definitely didn't disappoint during his career.

Top Gun - Jason Gildon - Special teams v the Bills, and THAT hit will live in the memory forever.

And my car - you pronouce SEAT ibiza ( See at - eye bee's ah )