PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger says he has better handle on offense

AZ_Steeler
07-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Link to story... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Roethlisberger-says-he-has-better-handle-on-offe;_ylt=As4z6Ip6CgUpbWMcZHD51ytDubYF?urn=nfl,928 72)

Here's a scary thought for opponents of the Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger, who set a Steelers' record with 32 TD passes last season and finished second to only Tom Brady in the NFL in quarterback rating, could be even better this season.

Roethlisberger, entering his fifth season, recently told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he expects to have a better grasp of the Steelers' offense because it will be his second season in offensive coordinator Bruce Arians's system.

"Because it was a new offense [last season], it's kind of hard to be too vocal as a leader when you're not sure what's going on all the time on offense," Roethlisberger said. "This year I think I'll be able to develop even more, and hopefully just be able to continue to grow into my leadership role."
:cope: :crossfingers: that this story becomes true!

SteelerSal
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Has to be a difficult transition having a different OC and learning a new system, just look at how it hurt Kordell Stewert.
I feel that, like Ben said, he will have a better grasp of the offense and system...plus it dose'nt hurt to have a few more toys to play with (Sweed and Mendy).:yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
That's the thing about all this talent we have on offense; there is no excuse for not being successful anymore. You can't say that we don't have the WR's, the RB's, the TE's or the QB; we've got all that so now it's up the OL to block and if everyone stays healthy it could special unit we're about to see play in 2008.

BBG7
07-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I have complete faith in Ben's ability! Can't wait to watch him next year

TampaSteelGirl
07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
That's the thing about all this talent we have on offense; there is no excuse for not being successful anymore. You can't say that we don't have the WR's, the RB's, the TE's or the QB; we've got all that so now it's up the OL to block and if everyone stays healthy it could special unit we're about to see play in 2008.

I agree!!!!!! I believe Ben will step it up 100% this year. I think we are going to see a much more mature Ben Rothlisberger this year. I"m excited!!!!:tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
I agree!!!!!! I believe Ben will step it up 100% this year. I think we are going to see a much more mature Ben Rothlisberger this year. I"m excited!!!!:tt02:

+2 Now its time to establish roles and build chemistry. It been a few years since ive made a trip to St. Vincent but i think this camp is going to be amazing. I expect our DEFENSE to be top notch early this season due to the fact that the offense has great depth. I think the D is gonna be challenged every day by the likes of Mende, Memo, Sweed, Washington, Baker, Spaeth, Dixon etc... these guys are all trying to prove their worth and establish a role in this offense. Espeacially Mende, Sweed and Dixon who all had expectations of beiong drafted alot higher than they were. I think it will give our D, which for the most part will be intact from last year, a great challenge day in and day out!!

steelersgal86
07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Sounds good..:yellowthumb: hopefully this is true and all comes together...I cant wait for the season to get started :yellowthumb:

JB 67
07-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Love to hear it, I hate when Ben is direspected and called a game manager despite all the great plays he consistently makes.

TampaSteelGirl
07-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Love to hear it, I hate when Ben is direspected and called a game manager despite all the great plays he consistently makes.

Me too and what makes me mad is if Ben wasn't good on his feet we would have been in big trouble last year. Yea he threw a couple picks on the run but he made some spectacular throws running for his life! THe Oline needs to seriously step up!! I have full confidence in Ben! :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghNation
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
I think Big Ben really growed up alot last season & I'm really impressed with his maturity~~~:bigthumb:

I am so ~~~ :flex: ~~~~ for our season to start :towelwave:

steelerschick1220
07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
I hope we can stick it to the people who are saying that we will struggle this year and won't make the playoffs or that we won't even have a winning record. Seeing all them eat crow will feel so good.

Ben is awesome. I am so glad he is our QB and that no one else has him.

Phenomenal TJ
07-14-2008, 09:46 PM
How can they say we won't have a winning record? Do they know anything about football? :huh:

That offense is looking great, especially the running game, the only key player we lost was Faneca, and the defense is still a top 5 defense.

steelcityrockers
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Eh, we have a crazy schedule and our lines are unsettled. It is the kind of year where we could go 7-9 or 13-3. I think we go 11-5, but I am not a psychic.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Eh, we have a crazy schedule and our lines are unsettled. It is the kind of year where we could go 7-9 or 13-3. I think we go 11-5, but I am not a psychic.

I agree....You can never predict how a season will go.....So many things factor in a season being good or bad....At this looking at the potential hard schedule and the Steelers question marks this team could go anywhere from 7-9 to 13-3 like you said....

I have the Steelers down for 11 wins right now.......But back in 03 I didn't expect the Steelers to go 6-10 after a play-off season then for them to go 15-1 in 2004 especially with a rookie QB....Even though I was hoping for Big Ben to be drafted and was thrilled when he fell to the Steelers.....I still didn't expect the team to win 15 games after he replaced an injured Maddox in the second game of the season that year......

Seasons can be so unpredictable in the NFL.......

SteelerSteve
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I have us at 11-5 too. I think we wont do any worse than 9-7, but I do think that 9-7 is a better record than the browns will have this season

portcityblackandgold
07-15-2008, 07:35 AM
We have the offensive tools in place that could easily make this a ten win plus season. The DEEFENSE is looking like the NUMBER ONE DEEFENSE coming out the chute.

ejsteeler
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Is it kickoff yet?????? Man, I am so pumped to get this season going. We have every reason to be hopeful of a phenominal season. True, anything can happen, but I am a believer!!!!!:cope: :tt02: :yellowthumb:

steelerschick1220
07-16-2008, 08:25 PM
11-5 would be great with me too. That should be enough to win our divison and get us to the playoffs. And in the playoffs, anyhting can happen. I am so ready for the season to start. I wish it would hurry up and get here.

SteelD43
07-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I cant wait to see what kind of year Ben has with this offense. He is healthy,drama free and has two new weapons...watch out!!!

BlackGold4vr
07-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Is it kickoff yet?????? Man, I am so pumped to get this season going. We have every reason to be hopeful of a phenominal season. True, anything can happen, but I am a believer!!!!!:cope: :tt02: :yellowthumb:

Yeah, me too. My old projection TV went bad which forced me to go get a new large LCD flat screen HD TV. The picture is incredible! I didn't realize what I had been missing until I saw it for myself. All I can say is WOW! I heard that not all the games are broadcast in HD, but I look forward to watching the ones that are. :cabbagepatch: