PDA

View Full Version : Any Steeler you want to be cut?

Zachintosh66
07-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Heres a bit of a different question... Is there any Steeler on the roster you would like to see get the ax?

If so, Why?

Ok, Ill go first,
Ty Carter, S, I really cant stand this guy. Hes a poor mans Lethon Flowers. All he does is run his mouth. Sure hes a big hitter, but sometimes I swear he rather the WR/TE catch the ball just so he can hit the guy.

Everytime he makes a tackle (like once a game) he gets up jawwing... i always yell at the TV "shut up and go sit down, benchwarmer!"

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2008, 01:26 PM
One Steelers I want to see cut......It won't happen this year but next year it could....That player is Sean Mahan....

SteelerSteve
07-05-2008, 01:49 PM
One Steelers I want to see cut......It won't happen this year but next year it could....That player is Sean Mahan....
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about him :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about him :lol:

I understand...trying to block out painful memories...It was very painful watching Mahan trying to play center last year...lol

MDSteel15
07-05-2008, 06:48 PM

It's kind of hard to go anywhere else with this when you think about it! :clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Mahan was just a flat out disaster; I think he'll probably be on the roster though for a few years yet because he's a versatile guy and plus they want to get their money's worth out of him if they can. As long as he's not on the field, the better off we are..LOL.

Any other players; hhmmmm, well you could make a case for Travis Kirschke mainly because if he's still on the roster that means that young guys like McBean are still not performing up to par and it also means that we still haven't brought fresh young guys to start grooming for the future.

Zachintosh66
07-05-2008, 11:41 PM
thoughts about Willie Ried? I would consider him to be on this list as well.

Koopa
07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
i want troy's faggot hair to be cut...........then i want him to be cut cause he's a faggot and makes no impact on the field.......... or secondary was at it's best when carter had to start

abejota88
07-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I guess this is not the way to start on the forum for me.... but come on koopa.... you canīt be serious... Mr. Polamalu is just a great player... if not the best... at least one of them...

As for Mahan... i guess he makes great barbecues.... there is no other way to explain him still being on the team.

Another guy i donīt like at all is Anthony Smith... when he had to prove he was worth it he started with all the talking and then got awfully beaten against the patriots.

JensK
07-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I guess this is not the way to start on the forum for me.... but come on koopa.... you canīt be serious... Mr. Polamalu is just a great player... if not the best... at least one of them...

As for Mahan... i guess he makes great barbecues.... there is no other way to explain him still being on the team.

Another guy i donīt like at all is Anthony Smith... when he had to prove he was worth it he started with all the talking and then got awfully beaten against the patriots.

Heh, welcome to the forum! :-P This is a dangerous place to start troy discussions, since we'll all end up throwing around with large objects. Unless you aim for teemont, that is a bad thing :yellowthumb: :tt02:

I for my self, would be ready to say bye bye to troy, if he dosnt perform in 08/09. We pay him way to much to not produce!

Well, all the obvious is taken >.>

stillers4me
07-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Willie Reid. 'nuff said.

abejota88
07-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Heh, welcome to the forum! :-P This is a dangerous place to start troy discussions, since we'll all end up throwing around with large objects. Unless you aim for teemont, that is a bad thing :yellowthumb: :tt02:

I for my self, would be ready to say bye bye to troy, if he dosnt perform in 08/09. We pay him way to much to not produce!

Well, all the obvious is taken >.>

LOL... iīll take notes on that.... Do not start Troy discussions!! :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
LOL... iīll take notes on that.... Do not start Troy discussions!! :yellowthumb:

Oh you're more than welcome to start them just be prepared to defend your views :lol: Everyone on this site is a Troy fan, if you're talking about the Troy Polamalu right up until the last 2 years when he was hurt so much and then last year when he just didn't play well. If the Troy of old comes back in 2008 everyone will be singing his praises again but if he falters yet again this season the legion of fans calling for his head will be wrapped around Pittsburgh a dozen times :lol:

I agree Willie Reid being cut, he's done zero since he got here and he'll be in steep competition for a roster spot come training camp.

K Train
07-06-2008, 04:50 PM

welcome to the forum lol this was one ballsy post lol.

i ****ing hate troy and i love anthony smith...it would be a mistake to look into the pats and post pats game because the dude is a baller and tomlin is gonna bring out the best in him

TEEMONT
07-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Unless you aim for teemont, that is a bad thing :yellowthumb: :tt02:

B/C teemont says whats on his mind...and people don't like that....

dont make me come conquer your country...

on subject....I'm to the point where Troy needs traded while his value is still semi high. The dude has played like garbage since he got his ring. Ask BG32 when his last pick was, I'm sure he'll tell you.

If we traded him for a good DL/DE or a monster OL, I would be happy, especially if Ryan Clark comes back strong.

Koopa
07-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh you're more than welcome to start them just be prepared to defend your views :lol: Everyone on this site is a Troy fan, if you're talking about the Troy Polamalu right up until the last 2 years when he was hurt so much and then last year when he just didn't play well. If the Troy of old comes back in 2008 everyone will be singing his praises again but if he falters yet again this season the legion of fans calling for his head will be wrapped around Pittsburgh a dozen times :lol:

I agree Willie Reid being cut, he's done zero since he got here and he'll be in steep competition for a roster spot come training camp.

i've never been a troy fan, well i liked him, but i've always said he was the most overrated player in the league even when he was actually pro bowl worthy

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2008, 05:40 PM
welcome to the forum lol this was one ballsy post lol.

i ****ing hate troy and i love anthony smith...it would be a mistake to look into the pats and post pats game because the dude is a baller and tomlin is gonna bring out the best in him

Give him props for not being afraid to speak his mind :lol:

Im not ready to give up on Smith either, I love his potential but this is a crucial year for him. Both he and Ryan Clark need to have a great season for us because our safety situation last year at the end of the season was definitely a weak link. Anthony just needs to settle down, hit the film room, and work hard. I don't mind him trash talking, every team needs a few of those guys to help rally the troops but he needs to earn the respect back of his teammates by showing he can get the job done the entire season and not get taken out of his game when we need him the most.

JensK
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM

Rofl, great! You never seem to disapoint me with those answers! :-D Telling you the truth, a one-man army could probably conquer Denmark >.<

On topic: Troy is back at his old training methods, so maybe he'll be back with his old playing style. If not, trade him for something nice and shiny!

SteelerSteve
07-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Rofl, great! You never seem to disapoint me with those answers! :-D Telling you the truth, a one-man army could probably conquer Denmark >.<

On topic: Troy is back at his old training methods, so maybe he'll be back with his old playing style. If not, trade him for something nice and shiny! I'd prefer trading him for something big mean and ugly to put on our o-line, but thats just me.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM

on subject....I'm to the point where Troy needs traded while his value is still semi high. The dude has played like garbage since he got his ring. Ask BG32 when his last pick was, I'm sure he'll tell you.

If we traded him for a good DL/DE or a monster OL, I would be happy, especially if Ryan Clark comes back strong.

October 22, 2006 against the Atlanta Falcons.....:lol: Troy's last sack was November 19, 2006 against the Browns.....

Troy use to net a few sacks a year also.....But he can't be counted on for a few sacks anymore either...lol

Teams have adjusted to his Taz role.......Which is useless anymore...I hope I never see Troy blitz or play up close to the line of scrimmage again...Problem is Troy never has been great in coverage...So dropping him back to just cover doesn't work either...The guy is a bum.....Plus he can't stay healthy......People like to use the injuries as an excuse....But even in 2004 and 2005 Troy had flaws in his game.....He was just able to mask those flaws since teams hadn't adjusted to him flying around like an idiot....:lol:

It might be possible that I hate Troy even more then Sean Mahan...lol

SteelerSteve
07-06-2008, 07:52 PM
October 22, 2006 against the Atlanta Falcons.....:lol: Troy's last sack was November 19, 2006 against the Browns.....

Troy use to net a few sacks a year also.....But he can't be counted on for a few sacks anymore either...lol

Teams have adjusted to his Taz role.......Which is useless anymore...I hope I never see Troy blitz or play up close to the line of scrimmage again...Problem is Troy never has been great in coverage...So dropping him back to just cover doesn't work either...The guy is a bum.....Plus he can't stay healthy......People like to use the injuries as an excuse....But even in 2004 and 2005 Troy had flaws in his game.....He was just able to mask those flaws since teams hadn't adjusted to him flying around like an idiot....:lol:

It might be possible that I hate Troy even more then Sean Mahan...lolWow! thats some serious hate :bluelol:

TEEMONT
07-06-2008, 08:50 PM

On topic: Troy is back at his old training methods, so maybe he'll be back with his old playing style. If not, trade him for something nice and shiny!

I want him to go back to his college training methods...where he was just pushing iron and building muscle. The **** he does now looks like it was made for soccer players.

abejota88
07-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I guess all you said about starting a discussion about Troy was real LoL.

Youīve got to give him some credit...

About Anthony... i usually like those kind of players... but i guess i prefer when they start talking after they have already accomplished something... he started talking before people even knew there was another Smith on the team than Aaron... So, then he had only one chance, he should have delivered.... and man did he stink that day!

By the way, sorry if my english stinks.... but iīm a native Spanish speaker... :)

K Train
07-06-2008, 10:34 PM
lol ****, if thats bad english you should hear my spanish

JensK
07-07-2008, 04:47 AM
I want him to go back to his college training methods...where he was just pushing iron and building muscle. The shiat he does now looks like it was made for soccer players.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

Nuff said

TEEMONT
07-07-2008, 09:58 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

Nuff said

exactly....he looks like a freak who hates babies there...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-07-2008, 10:16 AM
What's so uncalled for about that hit? He didn't lead with his head, he lead with his shoulder. If you can't take that kind of hit in college then you certainly can't take it in the NFL. Yes he would have gotten a flag for interference to catch the ball but that's about it. That's the Troy I love!!

bonesetter58
07-07-2008, 03:35 PM
We are missing the biggest "need to get out" Steeler still in the B & G....Deshea "toast" Townsend!!! He has had a few good years but I dont know if I can remember them. The league has passed him by and yet we keep him. He gets burned by the rookies and veterans alike. But ohh yes he does seem to get that one key interception that keeps him on the roster. It is time to let him go. Alan Faneca still had years left and we let him go. Deshea " Out to pasture" must get the hook. he gets paid to much to be a reserve and way to slow for being a safety. the bar I watch the Steelers at gets soo quiet when the ball is thrown his way!!! All teams know they can throw on him in third down situations...Hell any time for that matter.

:banging: This is what it is like wondering why Deshea still wears a Steelers jersey!!

steelcityrockers
07-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Dude. What the f ucking hell? Have you ever seen a football game? Deshea never had good speed or size, but rarely makes a mistake and is extremely intelligent.

K Train
07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
deshea is a very solid corner, and if bmac steps up deshea will be the best nb in the league...i dont think he would appreciate you making up all these aliases for him

bonesetter58
07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
are you crazy!! or drunk. you really should get away from teh booze for a while. Deshea is a gimp and has been an extreme liability for the last few years. Watch him give a 7 yard cushion on a third and 5!! Veteran move??... come on. He gets burnt more than any other CB to ever play.

K Train
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
are you crazy!! or drunk. you really should get away from teh booze for a while. Deshea is a gimp and has been an extreme liability for the last few years. Watch him give a 7 yard cushion on a third and 5!! Veteran move??... come on. He gets burnt more than any other CB to ever play.

if thats the call thats the call....damn its not like he says...oh im just gonna give a huge cushion here, if you knew anything about defense you would know that a 34 calls for the corners to play off most of the time to disguise the coverage...and **** i wouldnt want deshea pressing anyway, thats not his game, some corners can beat the **** out of the reciever at the line....hes not that type of player

steelcityrockers
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM

Like K said, it is the defense we play. Deshea is not a big guy, and he would struggle in press coverage. The type of coverage we play suits him very well and he (along with Ike) are some of the more underrated corners in the league. He does not get burned that often. I really don't think you understand the game of football. While we are at it, Hines is a complete f*cking waste of space. We should trade him for Matt Jones. :greengrin:

bonesetter58
07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
no gatred sent KT. Just need to get the new blood in the game. I think this is McFaddens year.

bonesetter58
07-09-2008, 03:49 PM
deshea is a very solid corner, and if bmac steps up deshea will be the best nb in the league...i dont think he would appreciate you making up all these aliases for him

Probably not but is the shoe fits.... I think you are the one my freind that needs to watch football. He is a league wide patsy and needs to get the hook!!! Every QB in the league throws his way because they know the law of averages is with them. Plus he makes all this money and cant pay his property taxes. can you say rogue!!

K Train
07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
dude get a ****ing clue, hes one of the best NBs in the league and QBs dont bomb on him all day because hes the best guy we got for man to man coverage....did deshea take your lunch money when you were kids? because hes not champ baily but weve done way worse at corner

BlitzburghRockCity
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Right now I'll take Deshea over any CB our roster besides Ike. Townsend is having his best years of his career the last few seasons. He's got sure hands, good tackler, good leader, knows how to play the ball and has decent closing speed.

McFadden needs to step up big time this year, his job in the black n gold depends on it.

Stlrs4Life
07-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Carey Davis. He can't block a cold.

MOTORKRAFT
07-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Cut Willie Reid. He was compaired to Deion Sanders as a return man and that's a joke. Return his *** to the bust pile. Should never have been drafted, and get rid of anyone that had anything to do with that draft season.

bonesetter58
07-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Like K said, it is the defense we play. Deshea is not a big guy, and he would struggle in press coverage. The type of coverage we play suits him very well and he (along with Ike) are some of the more underrated corners in the league. He does not get burned that often. I really don't think you understand the game of football. While we are at it, Hines is a complete f*cking waste of space. We should trade him for Matt Jones. :greengrin:

Unless we change Steeler colors to orange for the jump suits there will be no Matt Muthafukin Jones...Line um up boys.:nono:

Understand enough football to be able to use my head when is comes to seeing what is a lost cause. the coverage we play is strong on Ike's side but weak on Toast's side. watch this year and see how many thrid downs get converted on his side. Dont have to be bigto play CB for the Steelers ...true. But need to stay with the receiver. No four yard cushions unless you have closing speed..which is not on his list either. Our saftey is constently having to shade the side of Townsend to cover his messes. this leaves Ike open and makes him look bad. Go McFadden!!!:yellowthumb:

steelcityrockers
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
You weren't here, but the whole Matt Jones thing is a joke.

I feel it is ridiculous to argue about this. Deshea is one of the most consistent DB's on the team. He is the Highlander. Every season he has competition and always wins.

K Train
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
the cushion is not the CBs idea...its not like they say "hey mike...i think we should play off a little on this play because we dont want to waste time and go up close when we just have to backpeddle anyway".

Get a clue...you dont want them pressing anyway cause when a little corner presses and gets beat and you have a bum *** safety with troys coverage skills coving over the top....then you will see our defense get burned. We get burned very rarely and finishing with the number 1 defense isnt to bad if you ask me

bonesetter58
07-11-2008, 09:33 AM
the cushion is not the CBs idea...its not like they say "hey mike...i think we should play off a little on this play because we dont want to waste time and go up close when we just have to backpeddle anyway".

Get a clue...you dont want them pressing anyway cause when a little corner presses and gets beat and you have a bum *** safety with troys coverage skills coving over the top....then you will see our defense get burned. We get burned very rarely and finishing with the number 1 defense isnt to bad if you ask me

We pressed when Blount played and when Woodruff was there. Even when Woodson was there. We have better safties than most teams but they spend most of there time covering the mess ups of your beloved Townsend. Our D is #1. No doubt. but in order to keep it there we need better coverage. Our pass coverage was not even close at times last year. hence the third down conversions we gave up at critical times in games.

I hope we can get pressure on the QB to null this coverage problem. To say Davis is a young Porter...I think Joey would have something to say about that. We will see men. I hope Davis is that good. But I know when you talk CB's Townsend is a patsy.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

steelcityrockers
07-11-2008, 11:50 AM
We pressed when Blount played and when Woodruff was there. Even when Woodson was there. We have better safties than most teams but they spend most of there time covering the mess ups of your beloved Townsend. Our D is #1. No doubt. but in order to keep it there we need better coverage. Our pass coverage was not even close at times last year. hence the third down conversions we gave up at critical times in games.

I hope we can get pressure on the QB to null this coverage problem. To say Davis is a young Porter...I think Joey would have something to say about that. We will see men. I hope Davis is that good. But I know when you talk CB's Townsend is a patsy.

First and Foremost, the rules have changed so much since the 70's when Blount played that he would be a Strong Safety today. Not to mention we played a Tampa-2 instead of a 3-4. Plus they were bigger, stronger guys who could press. Why do you hate Deshea? This compairison is simply ludacris.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
BS58, Im not gonna go as far as to question your Football IQ, you seem to have a grasp on things. But Deshea is the best corner we have. Ike is the name you always here.. cause he is making tackles!!! Here a lil football pun for everyone.... "the best cornerback is the one whos name you dont hear." LOL, i didnt make that up "in theory", its a real saying but i cant remeber how it goes word for word.
Ike has the physical make-up and ability to be great, but he is either missing the brains or discipline to put it all together. He is definately missing the hands!!! He worked real hard last offseason and it showed in his play last season. But with his size and speed he should be a probowler by now and he is far from it!
Deshea is VERY solid for a old slow man and really rarely gets beat and never gets beat deep! Ill take giving up 7 on a third and six once a game, better than giving up one 30 plus pass play on play action!!! I agree that we as a defense sometimes play soft on 3rd and shorts and goalline, but like rockers and K said thats the way our D is played on certain calls. I am a huge fan of B Mac. But he has been gievn every oppurtunity the last 2 seasons to unseat Deshea and hasnt been able to. We cant say, "Townsend is a Cowher guy" anymore, obviously Deshea has earned his spot!!

K Train
07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
i really dont know about bmac getting every opportunity...i really think townsend has been getting the nod because of seniority. Ike is our best corner, hes a great zone player which is what we play most...he really shut down alot of players over the years...sure hes had a few slips but you cant always put that on him....i mean troy is holding the defense back when it comes to that. Deshea is the best man cover guy we have though, he understands it very well but ike is the guy your gonna want on TO, chad, calvin johnson...ect. expect ike to have a big year because even though he cant catch hes one of the better corners in the league and THE BEST when it comes to run support

steelcitysfinestXL
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Im saying production wise Ike is not better on a consistant basis than Deshea. Ike has all the tools to be among the leagues best but he isnt... run support yea he is a good if not great... but thats why he gets caught looking in the backfield instead of being in the deep 3rd or half zone like he is supposed to. Deshea doesnt make those mistakes because he doesnt sacrafice his zone or man coverage for run support. Ike does get the top WR and in most cases yeah he does do well against ocho stinko and he did well against TO in 04 vs. PHI. But that isnt an everygame situation where ike "shadows" a #1. Javon Walker, Randy Moss and a few others have eaten him alive. So its give and take man, lets not make him out to be more than he is! His hands are terrible even for a corner, and he has played poor enough to get benched on a 8-8 team! I myself predicted he would have a probowl season last year, so im not an ike hater be any stretch... i just want him to get MUCH MUCH better.
B-Mac, he has been given oppurtunities in camp from what i have read the last two seasons. I DO think he should get more playing time spelling Deshea. I would also like to seealot more of william gay this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Townsend has 18 career INTs and 15.5 career sacks......Plus he hardly played his first three years with the Steelers...So Deshea has had a nice productive careers with the Steelers...Does he have his limitations?....Yes but we could do worse then Townsend starting......He should be a nickel corner at this point in his career.....But McFadden has to prove he is a legit starting corner first....I keep hoping this happens and was expecting McFadden to start the last two years........Still hasn't happened...I also think William Gay has some upside.....Would be nice if he can develop into a starter but I do think he will be nickel back type in the NFL...

As for the cushion Deshea gives up...Townsend isn't the only Steelers corner to play a cushion......Dick LeBeau likes to have his corners play a cushion....He rather give up the underneath stuff then the deep pass.....

bonesetter58
07-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Men please dont think I am a hater...not even close. I just want to see us get better and the CB got no love in the draft which was full of possible help. Deshea is slowing down and has been burned. I think we need to get help for the coverage. his position is the easiest way to get someone in there.

Steelers Forever...Forever Steelers!!!

steelcityrockers
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Can you please tell me when Deshea has been burned? A 6 yard completion on 3rd-7 does not count as getting burned btw. Corner "got no love" in the draft because we are solid at the position with 3 players who could start and 1 with some potential and another stop-gap guy/Special teams player. It simply wasn't necessary unless you have a top-tier guy fall to you, which didn't happen. Even then I would look at other options before taking one. People keep saying Deshea has slowed down, but I haven't seen it cause a problem. Again, tell me when Townsend got burned...I classify burned as getting beat deep.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
check out Townsends stats and notice the last 4 years...he's been better late in his career and has been as solid as they come for us. He may not be the fastest guy on the team but he plays smart, takes good angles, and has a nose for the football.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1515

JB 67
07-13-2008, 06:06 PM

I agree,The corners are a definite weakness on the team if the Blitz doesn't get there were screwed!!! The corner position should be addressed much earlier in the draft...

steelcityrockers
07-13-2008, 08:15 PM
How can you two be this stupid? I apologize for the name calling (no I don't) but how can you say that? And Bonesetter, please tell me the last time Deshea got burned as you claim he always does.

bonesetter58
07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
How can you two be this stupid? I apologize for the name calling (no I don't) but how can you say that? And Bonesetter, please tell me the last time Deshea got burned as you claim he always does.

Let me get out the tapes of the last two seasons and you will see many times. where the long passes are getting away on his side. there are so many that I cant name them all. Watch the last 2 seasons games and watch the third downs that were converted. count how many came from D.T.'s side. Our pass D is one of the middle in stats in the league every year. the run D helps us stay alive for the Number one slot. Our interceptions have progressively goen down every year. That is not just Deshea's fault but he is a big part of it. We need help at the DB slot and have so for the last several years. I agree at best Deshea out to be a NB this year. So let some of these young guys get their feet wet and mix it. If we dont have someone to take D.T.'s place, I think we out to consider this a big whole and get rifd of those who are not performing to make room for those who can make it.

Watch this year and see how many times he gives up too much room on coverage and then is out of position. How the safety must shade his side to help him leaving Ike exposed. You will see.:tt02:

By the way...stupid???? I will challenge you IQ's anytime Holmes!!! Stupid is saying something you have to apologize for knowing that what you are saying holds no merit and has little substance. Might want to get checked out. Seems your mouth is speaking prior to the brain providing regulation.

Come on now. We can hold forums without the use of "stupid" cant we. If we were stupid we would be cowboys, bungles, browns, or ravens fans!! Now lets get back to resepcting the rights and views of others. As we are the proud, the true, the best of fans....STEELERS FANS!!!!!!!!!!:respect:

steelcityrockers
07-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Honestly, I will now focus almost exclusively on him during Preseason...even though it does not really count, also this is pending on whether or not I forget by that time. In my mind, he has just always been steady. Never a real flashy player, but never really gave up anything. He is a real try hard guy too. I still really can't remember the last time he was burned. Granted, the last real "burning" I actually remember is Marvin Harrison catching one for 88 yards(I think) against Ike T.

bonesetter58
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Honestly, I will now focus almost exclusively on him during Preseason...even though it does not really count, also this is pending on whether or not I forget by that time. In my mind, he has just always been steady. Never a real flashy player, but never really gave up anything. He is a real try hard guy too. I still really can't remember the last time he was burned. Granted, the last real "burning" I actually remember is Marvin Harrison catching one for 88 yards(I think) against Ike T.

I do believe Ike slipped in coverage. I agree he tries hard but he not getting any better. McF needs to pick it up I agree. Townsend getting burned is not always for scores. getting "burned" can be for a first down or long play. I know that tricky Dick likes to mix things up and sets those guys back a bit further the old day heroes but he cant be telling them to give up 7 yard cushions on third and 5!!

:helmet:

steelcityrockers
07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, the quick slants that would be run in that situation are nearly impossible to defend with any type of cushion, the only realy way to dfend it is jamming the receiver at the line, but we don't really have any corners that can do that.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I do believe Ike slipped in coverage.
:helmet:

Nope! No slip, Peyton Manning killed him with a PA fake that had Ike froze in no-mans-land, by the time he slipped Marv was 5 yards on top of him. Thats my one prpblem with Ike, he (like Ant Smith) needs to know when he can/ cant look into the back field.... a 5 yard cushion on thatfirst down would have corrected all that!!! LOL, j/p!! Props to Ike though he did run him down to the end zone!!
IMO, Deshea plays just soft enough not to give his opponent an easy 5 yards every down, 'ala Chad Scott!! With William Gay and B-Mac in the backround i look for deshea to fade to nickleback by next season.

bonesetter58
07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, the quick slants that would be run in that situation are nearly impossible to defend with any type of cushion, the only realy way to dfend it is jamming the receiver at the line, but we don't really have any corners that can do that.

Have to let your balls hang low some times!! Nut up!! get in and get your hands dirty!!! WE have the safety help to get up on the line and have linebackers that can get across the field. These thrid downs are why our D was on the field so much longer last year than in prior years. If we truly dont have these shut down DB's then I think we DO have a problem and need to get resolution. I agree that Townsend is not the complete problem but he is great part of it both with his lack of coverage and the others having to devote time to covering his ***.

I hope I have to eat crow on this forum this year. If so that means that he has stepped up and the Steelers Secondary is getting better.

All Hail the Steelers!!!!:helmet::tt02::cope::yellowthumb::mani ac::gs::steelersrocksign:

steelcitysfinestXL
07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Have to let your balls hang low some times!! Nut up!! get in and get your hands dirty!!! WE have the safety help to get up on the line and have linebackers that can get across the field. These thrid downs are why our D was on the field so much longer last year than in prior years. If we truly dont have these shut down DB's then I think we DO have a problem and need to get resolution. I agree that Townsend is not the complete problem but he is great part of it both with his lack of coverage and the others having to devote time to covering his ***.

I hope I have to eat crow on this forum this year. If so that means that he has stepped up and the Steelers Secondary is getting better.

All Hail the Steelers!!!!:helmet::tt02::cope::yellowthumb::mani ac::gs::steelersrocksign:
Im really not trying to dispute everything you say.... but our 3rd down % has been steady 39-40% over the last 3 seasons! Plus with Troy-P playing the way he has the last few years and Ant Smith totally imploding at the end of last season... we really dont have the safety help to get tighter coverage on the ends!

steelcityrockers
07-15-2008, 08:34 PM
SCFXL would be right. And I yeah I am not trying to say every thing you say is wrong, it well just happens to be that in my opinion and the opinion of some others what you claim is bs, BS58.

SteelerSteve
07-15-2008, 10:58 PM
I've always thought townsend has been a reliable db. He's no beast, but I would hardly say that he is the reason for our secondaries issues.

STEEL CITY TANK
07-20-2008, 02:53 AM
i want troy's faggot hair to be cut...........then i want him to be cut cause he's a faggot and makes no impact on the field.......... or secondary was at it's best when carter had to start

:eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1: I pray your joking

Koopa
07-20-2008, 03:01 AM
:eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1: I pray your joking

your prayer will go unanswered............

steelcityrockers
07-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah SCT, Troy kinda sucks. I would still take him over such players as Roy Williams, but he has numerous problems which BG32 can tell you about.

SteelerSteve
07-20-2008, 01:57 PM
He definitley does have his issues, but I think if he stays healthy he will play well and start earning his money this season.

Koopa
07-20-2008, 02:09 PM
He definitley does have his issues, but I think if he stays healthy he will play well and start earning his money this season.

the only way he can earn his money at this point is average 4 interceptions a game, 2 sacks a game, 6 pass defenses a game, 7 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and 18 tackles overall a game

SteelerSteve
07-20-2008, 02:16 PM
the only way he can earn his money at this point is average 4 interceptions a game, 2 sacks a game, 6 pass defenses a game, 7 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and 18 tackles overall a gameDamn! Well heres to him making it happen :cope::cope: :hilarious:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-20-2008, 02:22 PM
the only way he can earn his money at this point is average 4 interceptions a game, 2 sacks a game, 6 pass defenses a game, 7 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and 18 tackles overall a game

Wow Koopa thats asking alot....:lol: I would settle for Troy just making an INT again.....For real Troy better have at least 5 INTs and not miss any tackles this year for me to stop bashing him....lol

STEEL CITY TANK
07-26-2008, 09:25 PM
GET RID OF TYRONE CARTER & WILLIE REID!!!!!

K Train
07-26-2008, 09:33 PM
leave carter alone

SteelD43
07-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I know it doesn't follow with the forum question...but I don't think letting Davenport go was a good move...I know he had some domestic issues but with the way last season went from a RB standpoint, Davenport could have been a force in short yardage situations..assuming he's done fumbling.

steelcityrockers
07-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Davenport is a 250 pound scat-back. He is NOT a power runner in any fashion. He runs too high for one thing. And Tyrone Carter is not a bad back-up. I never want him to start but we could do worse. Plus he is not a terrible ST guy.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2008, 10:41 AM
I know it doesn't follow with the forum question...but I don't think letting Davenport go was a good move...I know he had some domestic issues but with the way last season went from a RB standpoint, Davenport could have been a force in short yardage situations..assuming he's done fumbling.

Najeh being let go had nothing to do with his domestic issue involving his wife and child awhile back; he was let go because the team now has Mendenhall and because they didn't want to lose Russel who they think can be a good contributor once he gets some experience. Najeh was able to break tackles, we saw him do that at times last year but his main role is as a 3rd down back where he can be very effective and now that we have Moore for that Najeh was the odd man out.