PDA

View Full Version : Can the Steelers contend for a Super Bowl in 2008?

SteelersWoman
06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_574391.html

By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com)
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ben Roethlisberger is taking a break from football and going fishing. The Steelers quarterback made it clear, however, that no matter what he catches next week, his focus is ultimately on reeling in something much bigger.

"Hopefully, we win the Super Bowl," Roethlisberger said Tuesday while working at the youth camp that bears his name at Mars High School's football field. "That's my goal this year and I think we've got the personnel for it."

Roethlisberger may be the biggest reason for optimism in regard to the Steelers attaining that goal. He is coming off a breakout season, one in which he made the Pro Bowl and shattered a Steelers single-season record with 32 touchdown passes, and he should have better command of the offense Bruce Arians installed last year.
Roethlisberger didn't just crack the ranks of elite quarterbacks last season. He also established himself the unquestioned leader of the offense in his fourth year as the Steelers' starting quarterback.

"I think it's been a gradual process, but you could kind of see it coming along last year," Steelers tight end Heath Miller said. "He knew that this was his offense, and he knew that everyone in the huddle was looking into his eyes because they knew he was our leader."

Roethlisberger, 26, admittedly has had to grow into that role -- he took over a veteran-laden offense when an injury thrust him into the starting lineup as a rookie in 2004 -- and he said he plans to be even more vocal this season since he is more comfortable with Arians' offense.

"Because it was a new offense (last season) it's kind of hard to be too vocal as a leader when you're not sure what's going on all the time on offense," Roethlisberger said. "This year I think I'll be able to develop even more and hopefully just be able to continue to grow into my leadership role."

Even though the Steelers are finished with offseason practices and don't report to training camp until July 27, Roethlisberger said he has been preparing in earnest for the upcoming season.

The 6-foot-5, 241-pounder said he will return to Pittsburgh after his fishing trip and resume working out on a daily basis as well as chatting with Arians, the Steelers' offensive coordinator, regularly.

As for what he can do following a season in which he finished second only to Tom Brady in passer rating (104.1) and also befuddled opponents with his Houdini-like ability to escape the pass rush, Roethlisberger said there is plenty.

"I'm never going to be satisfied with where I'm at," Roethlisberger said. "I'm always going to try and get better, whether it's reading defenses better, knowing what's going on, on offense. There's a lot of little things I'd like to do to get better."

And if Roethlisberger manages to get better, the Steelers only figure to do the same.

The team won an AFC North title but faded in the latter part of the 2007 season and lost to Jacksonville, 29-27, in an AFC wild-card game.
Despite the disappointing end to a season that started with such promise, Roethlisberger said he is confident the Steelers can contend for the Super Bowl this year.
"I think we've got a lot of pieces," he said, "and we're a year better."

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Ben seems confident that's for sure; it's really early to make any predictions yet till we see how the young guys pan out and how the team comes together as well as how we hold up injury wise. Looking at the team on paper though I'd say we've definitely got a roster than make a run for it.

mental.apparition
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Absolutely the Steelers can make a run this year.

So can the Vikings, Saints, Bucs, etc, etc, etc.

That is the beauty of the NFL - at this point in the year every fan of the league can make an argument their team is going to compete this year. And most have some ground to stand on.

All except the Fins maybe. But even they have something to be pumped about with the Big Tuna cleaning house.

steelcityrockers
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Other than the Falcons, yeah anyone COULD win it.

steelerschick1220
06-30-2008, 07:17 PM
This is the beauty of the NFL. Every team out there, thinks that they have a shot at the Super Bowl. Well, if I were a fan of the Hawks, Fins, and Rams, I would be happy if I had to use my other hand to count our total of wins. I think the Steelers have a real good chance at it. But, making the playoffs again would make me happy.

TEEMONT
06-30-2008, 08:29 PM
The more and more I think about it, I really only see one maybe two problems for this team. D-Line reserves, and the play of Troy. The D line is not young at all, and we really aren't deep at all either. So if someone goes down (A Smith) we could be hosed. I really think the FO put waaay too much stock in Brent Keisel.

If Troy would play like a Troy and not a Tory, I would be very happy, as would most of us.

I, like most, thought the o line would be a major factor this year, but I really do think it's going to play a lot better than last year. Mahan was a huge problem, and having Hartwig there will make things a lot more solid. Just having the skill players have on O is going to take a lot of pressure off of the big guys up front. D's are really going to be guessing against us this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
The DL scares me this year too, that's the 1 area that really concerns me if a starter goes down. I really wanted us to address that in the draft but it didn't happen so it's more important than ever that all the starters stay healthy.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Sure the Steelers are a good enough team to compete for a Super Bowl...But so many factors play into a season that can ruin a season for a team...Main one is health.....I won't be shocked if this team makes it to the AFC title game....I'm not saying they will or not since it way to soon to think AFC title game thoughts...

K Train
06-30-2008, 11:14 PM
if mr mcbean steps up we could have a very good dline. and i think keisel can still improve....smith wasnt great right away but now hes a master of the position....the best 34 DE in the league. its a tough position to play.

**** troy, we should sign ty law off the streets to play saftey

MOTORKRAFT
06-30-2008, 11:43 PM
However, the talent on the team is overwhelming. I kant spell !!! The roster is awsome. I expect big things next year.:cope: Too much beer ? SORRY!!!

K Train
06-30-2008, 11:45 PM
there is worse olines out there

DIESELMAN
07-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Yes, we can contend for the SB this and damn near any year. It will come down to mental toughness most of all, look at the collapse last year, it came down to not only injuries but mental toughness, being able to play for 60 minutes with discipline and sticking to fundamentals. A lot of teams look good at the beginning of the year and fade away and vice versa. Like a few people have said already, thats the beauty of the NFL. On any given sunday, any team can win. :cope: :cope: :cope::cope::cope:

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-01-2008, 10:16 PM
If this team can stay healthy.
Click at the right time.
Get some some luck.

We will roll :tt02:

dawgs
07-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Im not sure if steeler's can really contend for a superbowl. You can't even be sure they can get out of there division. The browns have a very good team right now, They have been listed as the favs to win that division. :cabbagepatch:

SteelersWoman
07-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Im not sure if steeler's can really contend for a superbowl. You can't even be sure they can get out of there division. The browns have a very good team right now, They have been listed as the favs to win that division. :cabbagepatch:

Last year it was the Ravens, (or was it the Bengals?) can't even remember now who was the media pick for taking our division...lol

dawgs
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Last year it was the Ravens, (or was it the Bengals?) can't even remember now who was the media pick for taking our division...lol

it was between the steelers and ravens. browns came out of nowhere and played great. Now with a much inproved defence and a great offence, division title baby.

ejsteeler
07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
dream on dawgs, dream on....:nahnah:

dawgs
07-02-2008, 02:16 PM
why should I. browns finished with the same record as the steelers, and if anderson did not choke against cici, we would have been in the playoffs.:doublefinger:

why are steeler fans acting like its in the books for them?? They have done nothing but get worse. drafting a RB is not gonna help you guys a whole lot. You need an O-line, WR's, def has taken some hits. People are so scared of the browns that they have to come up with something gay to say thats not even funny like, ooo clowns, brown poop, thats funny cuz poop is brown hahaha. But its real fellas, are offence is in the top 3 for sure. are def much improved, the time is coming, the time is coming.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!:bb:

steelersgal86
07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
why should I. browns finished with the same record as the steelers, and if anderson did not choke against cici, we would have been in the playoffs.:doublefinger:

why are steeler fans acting like its in the books for them?? They have done nothing but get worse. drafting a RB is not gonna help you guys a whole lot. You need an O-line, WR's, def has taken some hits. People are so scared of the browns that they have to come up with something gay to say thats not even funny like, ooo clowns, brown poop, thats funny cuz poop is brown hahaha. But its real fellas, are offence is in the top 3 for sure. are def much improved, the time is coming, the time is coming.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!:bb:

Dont you ever get sick of saying your time is coming?? you would of been in the playoffs, should of been, could of been...bottom line you were not!!!!!

BlitzburghNation
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Dont you ever get sick of saying your time is coming?? you would of been in the playoffs, should of been, could of been...bottom line you were not!!!!!

Quote of the day ~~~:clap:

If's and But's were candy & nuts,,,,,We would all have a merry x-mas :lol:

SteelerBee43
07-02-2008, 03:12 PM
:+1::towelwave::towel:

SteelCityPride08
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm not expecting anything spectacular this year. I just want all the rookies to get used to our team, have a better year than last year, and beat the ****ing RAVENS.:ratbirdssuck:

:cartman2:

dawgs
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Quote of the day ~~~:clap:

If's and But's were candy & nuts,,,,,We would all have a merry x-mas :lol:

I'll pretend you did not just say that. Steeler fans already dug themselfs into a whole. After the browns beat your guys this year week 2, it will be insane. You guys know thats true, hide in your houses, it will be insane.

steelersgal86
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
I'll pretend you did not just say that. Steeler fans already dug themselfs into a whole. After the browns beat your guys this year week 2, it will be insane. You guys know thats true, hide in your houses, it will be insane.

You must be around 12yrs old :scratch: ...for one there will be no browns beating the steelers and no steelers fans hiding in their houses...you browns fans duck and hide after you run your mouth and never pull anything off... you must spend alot of time indoors :yesnod:

TEEMONT
07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll pretend you did not just say that. Steeler fans already dug themselfs into a whole.

a whole what?

a whole lot?

Just remember this...lol....the browns are always one snap away from brady quinn....

steelcityrockers
07-02-2008, 05:01 PM

The Browns could beat the Steelers. That is the beauty of the NFL. ANYTHING could happen. However, there is no need to be so boastful. The season has yet to start, and judging by your deplorable grammar, I cannot trust your prediction anyway.

JensK
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't see why this had to turn out as a Steelers vs. Browns discussion. we have enough of those already.

Yes, obviously we can compete. All teams can, however we have the players. If not this year, then certainly in a year or two! :-)

Steelerlyn
07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Anyone who saw the Jags game at Heinz Field in 2005 and the Maddock Mess, probably did not ever think or feel that we would ever be in the '05 Playoffs let alone win the '05 Superbowl. I was at that game and it was a disaster. We were at our Post tailgate party and noone felt like partying ... crying yes. Our MD, NY, & NJ crew left early for home.

BUT
it made me never count dem steelers out because anything can happen!~

dawgs
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
You must be around 12yrs old :scratch: ...for one there will be no browns beating the steelers and no steelers fans hiding in their houses...you browns fans duck and hide after you run your mouth and never pull anything off... you must spend alot of time indoors :yesnod:

that makes no since. Im use to losing, lol guess that not good to say, but its true. But that will change starting this season. i hope:crossfingers:

I never have to hid, being 6'4 210 nobody really gets in my face about it. But its all fun, i joke with alot of my buddys who are steeler fans, but i will be on them so fast when the browns win. lets see what happens...

PsychoWard
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
that makes no since. Im use to losing, lol guess that not good to say, but its true. But that will change starting this season. i hope:crossfingers:

I never have to hid, being 6'4 210 nobody really gets in my face about it. But its all fun, i joke with alot of my buddys who are steeler fans, but i will be on them so fast when the browns win. lets see what happens...

i think everyone that talks **** on the internet is 6'4 210!!!:yesnod:

btw so what if you guys do beat us when was the last time???? if and when you do beat us you guys will think just won the super bowl thats how big of losers you are!!!!

TEEMONT
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM

yes!!!! thats the 2nd browns fan to ocme on here and act like an internet badass....

are you sure this isnt joethomas?

dawgs
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
yes!!!! thats the 2nd browns fan to ocme on here and act like an internet badass....

are you sure this isnt joethomas?

everyone acts like a badass on the internet. You just did right there.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I look at this season as a very good year for this organization. We're getting good stock out of our past drafts with Ben, Miller, Holmes, Woodley, Ant Smith, Chris-K and Colon all slated to be starters with Timmons and Starks competing.
Ben is cementing himself as a Elite QB, who is getting major weapons. He has Parker who is a probowl RB who now has a huge talent in Mendenhall to split time with him. Holmes coming into his own. Ward is still playing at a high level. Nate and Sweed are legitmate deep threats. Miller is a force and im hoping for good things out of Spaeth. Ben has some serious weapons and i expect for us to have a top 3 or 4 Offense in the AFC.
The D is going to be solid, and if we can stay healthy i see no reason we cant be no.1 again. The league will know the name WOODLEY. Hopefully Troy will get back to his former self after going back to Cali and working with "Marv" again!! I look for Bruce Davis to be the 08 Woodley and contribute when he is in there!!
If we can get a handle on speacial teams... we have the makings of a GREAT team!!!

ejsteeler
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Dude, Division champs...we own the right to badass. Until the clowns do (many years from now) you can have that right. :yesnod:

steelcitysfinestXL
07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
He's from Beaver Falls, so its probley in his blood!!! LOL just playin TEE, i never knew you were from out that way!!

TEEMONT
07-02-2008, 10:46 PM

not everyone...some people act like middle aged women....or 12 year old idiots...

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

He's from Beaver Falls, so its probley in his blood!!! LOL just playin TEE, i never knew you were from out that way!!

lol....i was just back there on leave....its not as bad *** as it was when i lived there...lol

steelersgal86
07-03-2008, 07:30 AM

and nobody asked what you look like..you are a browns fan I could care less...I said you act like a 12 year old...and I guess by saying what you did..you proved it :lol:

i think everyone that talks shiat on the internet is 6'4 210!!!:yesnod:

btw so what if you guys do beat us when was the last time???? if and when you do beat us you guys will think just won the super bowl thats how big of losers you are!!!!

:iagree:

dawgs
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
psychoward- don't you guys do the same thing now?? the few steeler fans around here, they go nuts after titsburg beats the browns. So we just gotta do the same in return. *******s to us, we gotta be *******s back.

steelersgal86
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
psychoward- don't you guys do the same thing now?? the few steeler fans around here, they go nuts after titsburg beats the browns. So we just gotta do the same in return. *******s to us, we gotta be *******s back.

Actually no pyscho does not do the same thing. We watch the steelers/browns game with both steelers and browns fans and after the game maybe a few laughs but no need to treat anyone like *******s...

SteelersWoman
07-05-2008, 06:15 AM
it was between the steelers and ravens...

Steelers were placed at third in all the articles I read.

http://sports.betfirms.com/2007-afc-north.shtml

First Place - Baltimore Ravens (http://sports.betfirms.com/2007-baltimore-ravens.shtml) - Expect these boys to repeat in 2007. They bring the right combination of experience, talent, and focus to the table. The acquisition of Willis McGahee will pick up the slack that Jamal Lewis had been leaving. Itís ultimately the defense that will put these boys at the top again. Baltimore has All-Pro talent at every level and prides itself on not giving up anything. With a better offense in 2007, Baltimore takes the AFC North.

Second Place - Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.betfirms.com/2007-cincinnati-bengals.shtml) - The Bengals have as talented an offense as there is in the NFL with QB Carson Palmers and Chad Johnson leading the way, but the defense is porous. The Bengals ranked lat against the pass in 2006 and the secondary will likely be their downfall again along with the lack of focus that is plaguing this talented team. These players arenít any good to the Bengals when their suspended. Good offense makes Cincy capable of beating anyone, but bad defense makes them inconsistent again in 2007.

Third Place - Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.betfirms.com/2007-pittsburgh-steelers.shtml) - The Steelers will look a little different on the field without Bill Cowher roaming the sidelines in 2007. A change at the top likely sets back Pittsburgh this year, but there is enough talent here for the Steelers to quickly return to the top of this division if they can bring in some linebacker help. Roethlisberger faces the tough challenge to bounce back from a terrible campaign in 2006 and we feel that he will buckle under the pressure as he tries to do to much to get his team back to the top. This has started to become known as the ďBrett Favre Syndrome.Ē Big Ben isnít done for good. We feel he will have more time to shine before his career is over.

Fouth Place - Cleveland Browns (http://sports.betfirms.com/2007-cleveland-browns.shtml) - We probably could have used the same report for the Browns that we have used the past few seasons. Words like inexperienced, too many holes, draft busts, and terrible defense often come up. Two more promising players join the mix in QB Brady Quinn and offensive tackle Joe Thomas. If they pan out, Cleveland has found two huge pieces of their puzzle, but if not, itís right back to the drawing board and more time and money have been wasted.

Troyisabeast_43
07-18-2008, 07:33 PM
The more and more I think about it, I really only see one maybe two problems for this team. D-Line reserves, and the play of Troy. The D line is not young at all, and we really aren't deep at all either. So if someone goes down (A Smith) we could be hosed. I really think the FO put waaay too much stock in Brent Keisel.

If Troy would play like a Troy and not a Tory, I would be very happy, as would most of us.

I, like most, thought the o line would be a major factor this year, but I really do think it's going to play a lot better than last year. Mahan was a huge problem, and having Hartwig there will make things a lot more solid. Just having the skill players have on O is going to take a lot of pressure off of the big guys up front. D's are really going to be guessing against us this year.

That is the only thing that concerns me too is the D-line and the FO not addressing it like it should have been. If you remember Mike Tomlin said in his press conference after the Jags playoff loss to close out the season that he wanted to get bigger,faster,and younger up front on both the o-line and d-line and they didnot do that this off-season.

The bottom line is though I still think this team is solid enough to win their division again and make a decent run in the playoffs. Ben is a franchise QB and as long as you have one of those you have a chance to make a decent run every single season. This offense has a lot of weapons and has added I think a lot of depth through the draft this year. I do expect that the line will play better despite the loss of Faneca and that our skill players on offense will be able to make plays to make the line look better. I dont want to sit here and say the Steelers are going to win the AFC or make it to the Super Bowl just yet, but it will not shock me at all if they make it to the AFC Championship game one bit this year. Not too many teams in the AFC worry me with the exception of the Pats and the Jags. Im not too concerned about the Colts and Chargers like some other people are.

SteelerSteve
07-18-2008, 09:50 PM
and if anderson did not choke against cici, we would have been in the playoffs.

what does that tell you?

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I never have to hid, being 6'4 210 nobody really gets in my face:scratch: lol this guy kills me.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

That is the only thing that concerns me too is the D-line and the FO not addressing it like it should have been. If you remember Mike Tomlin said in his press conference after the Jags playoff loss to close out the season that he wanted to get bigger,faster,and younger up front on both the o-line and d-line and they didnot do that this off-season.

The bottom line is though I still think this team is solid enough to win their division again and make a decent run in the playoffs. Ben is a franchise QB and as long as you have one of those you have a chance to make a decent run every single season. This offense has a lot of weapons and has added I think a lot of depth through the draft this year. I do expect that the line will play better despite the loss of Faneca and that our skill players on offense will be able to make plays to make the line look better. I dont want to sit here and say the Steelers are going to win the AFC or make it to the Super Bowl just yet, but it will not shock me at all if they make it to the AFC Championship game one bit this year. Not too many teams in the AFC worry me with the exception of the Pats and the Jags. Im not too concerned about the Colts and Chargers like some other people are.I agree that the Chargers don't scare me, but the Colts? I dont know, but they will always be a tough team as long as Manning and a solid o-line are there.

dawgs
07-19-2008, 08:40 PM
what does that tell you?

[AutoMerged Post Below]
:scratch: lol this guy kills me.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
I agree that the Chargers don't scare me, but the Colts? I dont know, but they will always be a tough team as long as Manning and a solid o-line are there.

chargers don't scare you?? DUDE your not playing against them!!!!!
Of course they don't. Try being a WR cutting inside, catching a pass then turn your head and see #56 right in your face.

Troyisabeast_43
07-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Of course they don't. Try being a WR cutting inside, catching a pass then turn your head and see #56 right in your face.

I meant from a fans perspective of course not from an actual playing on the field against one of them like you pointed out with Shawn Merriman. But of course I should expect no less from a Stains fan to take things out of context. While we're at it the Browns dont worry me either and they will continue to not worry me until they can prove once and for all that they can beat the Steelers on the field. The jury is still out on Derek Anderson here and we saw him fold late in the season last year in Cincy in a game the Browns needed to win to make the playoffs. The guy could be a one year wonder or a fluke we just arent going to know.

The bottom line is the Browns want a chance to prove they arent all hype and are for real?? Well they are going to get a chance to prove they are for real the first 2 weeks of the season because they get the Cowboys and Steelers at home the first 2 games of the year. I want to see the Browns win both of those games at home before I'm sold or convinced that they have turned the corner and are capable enough of overtaking the Steelers in the North. Even if the Browns do beat the Steelers in Week 2 I dont think it would be a devistating loss for the Steelers. I think the Browns need to win that game a whole helluva a lot more then the Steelers do to prove to people that they are indeed a contender in the AFC. Until they do as far as Im concerned they are nothing.

dawgs
07-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I meant from a fans perspective of course not from an actual playing on the field against one of them like you pointed out with Shawn Merriman. But of course I should expect no less from a Stains fan to take things out of context. While we're at it the Browns dont worry me either and they will continue to not worry me until they can prove once and for all that they can beat the Steelers on the field. The jury is still out on Derek Anderson here and we saw him fold late in the season last year in Cincy in a game the Browns needed to win to make the playoffs. The guy could be a one year wonder or a fluke we just arent going to know.

The bottom line is the Browns want a chance to prove they arent all hype and are for real?? Well they are going to get a chance to prove they are for real the first 2 weeks of the season because they get the Cowboys and Steelers at home the first 2 games of the year. I want to see the Browns win both of those games at home before I'm sold or convinced that they have turned the corner and are capable enough of overtaking the Steelers in the North. Even if the Browns do beat the Steelers in Week 2 I dont think it would be a devistating loss for the Steelers. I think the Browns need to win that game a whole helluva a lot more then the Steelers do to prove to people that they are indeed a contender in the AFC. Until they do as far as Im concerned they are nothing.

stains fan? wow thats sad.

every game matters in the NFL. with the teams both browns and shitsburgh have to play, its going to be tough season for both and don't be surprised if this divison is determined by 1 game AGAIN. So if steelers lose to the browns week 2 it is a big loss. also for the fact steeler fans will never year the end of it, like browns fans don't now.

Troyisabeast_43
07-20-2008, 12:41 AM

every game matters in the NFL. with the teams both browns and shiatsburgh have to play, its going to be tough season for both and don't be surprised if this divison is determined by 1 game AGAIN. So if steelers lose to the browns week 2 it is a big loss. also for the fact steeler fans will never year the end of it, like browns fans don't now.

Every game does matter you are correct but Id much rather lose a game in September to the Browns then the game here at Heinz Field the last week of the season which if both teams are tied going into that game will clearly favor the Steelers having home field advantage and all for that game in late December. The Steelers schedule the first 8 games is not that tough I dont think. Im not too concerned about going on the road to Philly,Washington,and Cincy. All of those teams are not very good home teams and the Steelers can definitely beat every single one of them. The real road test will be in Cleveland and Jacksonville out of those 5 out of 8 to start the year on the road. If they can manage to go 5-3 in the first 8 which I think they have a great shot to do with 5 of their last 8 at home to follow in November and December they are going to be poised to make a nice run to the playoffs.

SteelerSteve
07-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Of course they don't. Try being a WR cutting inside, catching a pass then turn your head and see #56 right in your face.lol, I'm pretty sure I know that I personally am not playing against them, but I'm pretty sure Hines Ward wouldn't be anywhere near as intimidated by Merriman than soft little Kellen Winslow is.:hilarious:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-20-2008, 02:09 PM

every game matters in the NFL. with the teams both browns and shiatsburgh have to play, its going to be tough season for both and don't be surprised if this divison is determined by 1 game AGAIN. So if steelers lose to the browns week 2 it is a big loss. also for the fact steeler fans will never year the end of it, like browns fans don't now.

I'm getting tired of you knocking Steelers fans for supporting their team on a Steelers site...Calling a Steelers fan sad for typing Stains fan on a Steelers site is retarded....I'm a member of a Browns board...Dawgbones by the way....Just joined last year to get some info on the Browns and like reading other fans stuff...But you know damn well Browns fans call Steelers fans Stoolers fan and other retarded **** like that on a Browns site......Its ok also since its a Browns message board...lol I wouldn't expect anything less....I don't get all butt hurt when I read that garbage on a Browns board....So you shouldn't on a Steelers board...If so then go away.....If not then man up and just have fun....Its just a game anyway.....Thats the problem fans take this **** so damn serious....I'm guilty of it also at the end of the day football is just a game which we as fans don't effect the out come....

SteelerSteve
07-20-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm getting tired of you knocking Steelers fans for supporting their team on a Steelers site...Calling a Steelers fan sad for typing Stains fan on a Steelers site is retarded....I'm a member of a Browns board...Dawgbones by the way....Just joined last year to get some info on the Browns and like reading other fans stuff...But you know damn well Browns fans call Steelers fans Stoolers fan and other retarded shiat like that on a Browns site......Its ok also since its a Browns message board...lol I wouldn't expect anything less....I don't get all butt hurt when I read that garbage on a Browns board....So you shouldn't on a Steelers board...If so then go away.....If not then man up and just have fun....Its just a game anyway.....Thats the problem fans take this shiat so damn serious....I'm guilty of it also at the end of the day football is just a game which we as fans don't effect the out come....Better watch out, he's 6'4" 210 lbs. He doesn't take **** from anyone :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Better watch out, he's 6'4" 210 lbs. He doesn't take shiat from anyone :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Well I'm 5'11 and 225.....I don't either...lol...

SteelerSteve
07-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Well I'm 5'11 and 225.....I don't either...lol...lmfao :eek1::eek1::eek1:

dawgs
07-20-2008, 07:52 PM
black&gold its called a gym, get to one. fukin fat.

I have no problem with you guys supporting your team, but the stuff that u guys say makes very little since. Just making things up because you know the steelers are on a huge decline right now. while the browns are young and ready to go.

How is winlsow soft? that is the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. wow, ok. wow. Im shocked over that one to be honest. learn some football.

im going on vacation for about 2 weeks. when I get back I will come back here and I expect much more knowledge from you guys. unless I get kicked lol. but that will only prove me point.

K Train
07-20-2008, 08:04 PM
winslow is soft....did you see him play against us last year? he gets scared so easily and when he gets scared he gets gator arms going and cant catch ****.

steelers are hardly on a massive decline, you just are way to excited about your team who has been nothing but a sorry excuse for a pro team for so many years that you dont know how to handle the idea of a little potential

Black@Gold Forever32
07-20-2008, 10:14 PM

I have no problem with you guys supporting your team, but the stuff that u guys say makes very little since. Just making things up because you know the steelers are on a huge decline right now. while the browns are young and ready to go.

How is winlsow soft? that is the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. wow, ok. wow. Im shocked over that one to be honest. learn some football.

im going on vacation for about 2 weeks. when I get back I will come back here and I expect much more knowledge from you guys. unless I get kicked lol. but that will only prove me point.

Resorting to name calling...No need to act like a jackass......I'm trying to have a conversation like an adult but really calling me fat is so juvenile.....:lol:

Steelers are on the decline?.....:lol: Ok as defending AFC North champs that doesn't sound like a decline to me......The Steelers have a nice mix of youth and vet players.....

Plus **** Winslow....Soldier Boy is a douche bag.......Anderson is a fraud.......Quinn will start by mid-season.......I look for the Browns to be more of threat in 2009 after Quinn gets his feet wet after replacing Anderson's sorry ***.....

BlitzburghRockCity
07-20-2008, 10:21 PM

If you get kicked out it will be because you broke the rules. When you get back you will find us just the same as we are now so ya better get used to it :reddevil: You're expecting "more knowledge" but I'm not sure you can handle it; you call us homers for pointing out the things we've been pointing out for years but it seems to me that you are the homer here for being the typical browns fan that does nothing but talk about how great you are when you've done nothing in the league for a decade. Yep that's right nothing; last year 10-6 is nothing because you didn't make the playoffs yet again and it's only 1 year out of a decade of less than mediocrity. You can't come in here and try to tell us we're wrong when the Steelers are the team with 5 championship trophies and host of HOF players that your team could only dream of having.

when you start producing stats and percentages like we do year in and year then come and talk some legit smack. :yellowthumb:

Anderson's days are numbered and the Browns won't be the threat you want them to be with him at the helm. There's been plenty of one hit wonders come through the league on every team but give him time and he'll fail; leading teh way for Quinn to take over.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-20-2008, 10:30 PM
If you get kicked out it will be because you broke the rules. When you get back you will find us just the same as we are now so ya better get used to it :reddevil: You're expecting "more knowledge" but I'm not sure you can handle it; you call us homers for pointing out the things we've been pointing out for years but it seems to me that you are the homer here for being the typical browns fan that does nothing but talk about how great you are when you've done nothing in the league for a decade. Yep that's right nothing; last year 10-6 is nothing because you didn't make the playoffs yet again and it's only 1 year out of a decade of less than mediocrity. You can't come in here and try to tell us we're wrong when the Steelers are the team with 5 championship trophies and host of HOF players that your team could only dream of having.

when you start producing stats and percentages like we do year in and year then come and talk some legit smack. :yellowthumb:

Anderson's days are numbered and the Browns won't be the threat you want them to be with him at the helm. There's been plenty of one hit wonders come through the league on every team but give him time and he'll fail; leading teh way for Quinn to take over.

Well said Top.........:clap: I do enjoy reading his trash and lame *** smack though.....I'm not upset at all....Calling me fat is a good one.....:lol: So 5th grade.....:lol:

Browns fans are just living in a dream world...I can't blame them...The Browns have had 2 winning seasons since being back in the NFL so I can see were some success has blinded them and have them dreaming Super Bowl.....

The Browns could win the division....Anything can happen in the NFL.....But all this talk that the Steelers have no shot is retarded.....The general thought out there is the Browns will walk away with the AFC North which is silly....I can't wait until week 2 and when the Steelers beat the Browns again then maybe Browns fans will come back to earth....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-20-2008, 10:40 PM
He does keep things interesting in the smack talk department I'll give ya that :lol: I enjoy rival fans on the site when they actually have some good reason to talk up their team but yet again we see another one who finds his team with a winning season and all of the sudden everybody else is crap and they are gods...which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that they've been talking the same line even when they had losing seasons :lol:

Has the regular season started yet? :D

SteelerFan87
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
We certainly have the talent at the skill positions to contend for a SB, but I'm still worried about our lines. We should have a ton of weapons on offense, but it all depends on if the O-line can hold just long enough for Ben to get the ball to those weapons.

Our defense CAN be an elite D, if Troy plays like Troy, Woodley continues to improve, Farrior doesn't start showing his age, and the D-line stays healthy. At worst, it could be very good.

dawgs
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I have not even started my trash talkin yet. that will start when the season does.

black&gold. is that drew carey smoking a ciger in your pic?

[QUOTE=Black@Gold Forever32;216692]But all this talk that the Steelers have no shot is retarded.[QUOTE]

????????????????????????????

who said this??????????????? I know I didn't. I said over and over this divison will be between the browns ans steelers. could come down to one game.

steelcityrockers
07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
People are really underrating the Ravens. I will continue to say that, they will come in 2nd/3rd in the divison this year.

dawgs
07-31-2008, 11:15 PM
People are really underrating the Ravens. I will continue to say that, they will come in 2nd/3rd in the divison this year.

IDK there defence is getting old and it don't scare anybody anymore. losing there best OL men can't help them either. Plus add a rookie QB or troy smith will be starting. I can't see them doing a whole lot. But you never know.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-31-2008, 11:27 PM
IDK there defence is getting old and it don't care anybody anymore. losing there best OL men can't help them either. Plus add a rookie QB or troy smith will be starting. I can't see them doing a whole lot. But you never know.

I could see the ravens coming in 2nd in this division for sure. They play well against every team in the division and have experience against team like the Colts, Chargers, Pats and so on. They seem to rise to the occasion (spelling) during big games.

Maybe im wrong but i really think the browns may struggle playing such a demanding schedule. They are playing a 2nd place schedule on a year we play,IMO, the best 2 divisons in the league (AFCS and NFCE) The steelers and Ravens play the 1st and 2nd place schedules every year due to the fact both teams have been the class of the division for a while now! Dont forget, The ravens won a superowl with a ball control offense and great defense. They can def be competetive!

dawgs
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
I could see the ravens coming in 2nd in this division for sure. They play well against every team in the division and have experience against team like the Colts, Chargers, Pats and so on. They seem to rise to the occasion (spelling) during big games.

Maybe im wrong but i really think the browns may struggle playing such a demanding schedule. They are playing a 2nd place schedule on a year we play,IMO, the best 2 divisons in the league (AFCS and NFCE) The steelers and Ravens play the 1st and 2nd place schedules every year due to the fact both teams have been the class of the division for a while now! Dont forget, The ravens won a superowl with a ball control offense and great defense. They can def be competetive!

experience is fine, but you also need talent which they lack. and the talent they do have is over 30 years old or injury prone.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-31-2008, 11:56 PM
experience is fine, but you also need talent which they lack. and the talent they do have is over 30 years old or injury prone.

Where do we lack talent!! Other than Joe Thomas, and Wimbley i dont see the browns as being any better than the steelers. K2 is very good but Miller is highly underated. Hank Fraley is a player for sure. But other than that i dont see what your talking about!

Im editting because i realize you may have been talking about that ravens... if so sorry.

I really think McNair was a HUGE reason they were as bad as they were last season i think a fresh start at the signal caller is may go a long way for the ratbirds!

dawgs
08-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Where do we lack talent!! Other than Joe Thomas, and Wimbley i dont see the browns as being any better than the steelers. K2 is very good but Miller is highly underated. Hank Fraley is a player for sure. But other than that i dont see what your talking about!

Im editting because i realize you may have been talking about that ravens... if so sorry.

I really think McNair was a HUGE reason they were as bad as they were last season i think a fresh start at the signal caller is may go a long way for the ratbirds!

Ya im talkin about the ravens.

miller is very very underrated. But winslow is insane. Winslow will be used alot as the 3rd reciever to this season. which should be fun to watch.

McNair was pretty sad to watch. also heap is injury prone so you gotta question there recieving weapons. OL, CB (rolle is injury prone) lew is 67yrs old. Ya he is still going strong, but declined last season.

Stairwayto7
08-01-2008, 04:47 AM
IDK there defence is getting old and it don't scare anybody anymore. losing there best OL men can't help them either. Plus add a rookie QB or troy smith will be starting. I can't see them doing a whole lot. But you never know.

Write this down! I`m agreeing with dawgs here. The ravens scare nobody, ray ray was the best ILB, probably top 5 ever, but he is done, he could probably do alright in a 3-4, but not thier usual 4-3, to much ground for him to cover. Boller - nope. Troy Smith - i doubt it.

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 10:36 AM

Oh yeah INSANE!

And a HOLE not a WHOLE. Like You are an a-hole.

dawgs
10-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah INSANE!

And a HOLE not a WHOLE. Like You are an a-hole.

well I could not see the 60 winds coming and taking the browns whole game plan away.

your a D-hole. OWNED!!!!!

BrewCrewNation
10-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Steelers will win the diivsion this year, they will win 11-12 games and get a bye in the first round. No team is really scaring me in the AFC, even the Colts and Pats who have been struggling. With that being said, yes the Steelers are poised for a run this season.

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 10:43 AM
well I could not see the 60 winds coming and taking the browns whole game plan away.

:clap:Once again, you must be retarded! Do you blow through a straw to use your computer?

We didn`t also play in the same weather??????? You are making yourself look so stupid. :clap:

dawgs
10-19-2008, 10:59 AM
:clap:Once again, you must be retarded! Do you blow through a straw to use your computer?

We didn`t also play in the same weather??????? You are making yourself look so stupid. :clap:

Did you just make fun of paralyzed people? wow so thats gays, paralyzed, any kittins or new born baby's u steeler fans would like to throw against a wall??

steleers have a very good running game. and running the ball is something they were gonna do against the browns anyway. But for the browns, passing is are main plan and everyone knows that. so the wind effects us alot more. I think most would agree with me there, kinda common since.

Your making yourself look stupid. How do u not know the browns love to throw the ball?

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 11:20 AM
You were the one bragging on J.Lewis earlier in the PRESeason. I could see typos but your spelling sucks! Common Since???????????????????????????? Retard

$teelersRule
10-19-2008, 11:25 AM
for the browns, passing is are main plan and everyone knows that. so the wind effects us alot more. I think most would agree with me there, kinda common since.

Your making yourself look stupid. How do u not know the browns love to throw the ball?

yeah, ill tell you why, because DA sucks **** and has the lowest QB rating in the league.

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
yeah, ill tell you why, because DA sucks **** and has the lowest QB rating in the league.

Don`t know about the first , but the latter is true

TEEMONT
10-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Did you just make fun of paralyzed people? wow so thats gays, paralyzed, any kittins or new born baby's u steeler fans would like to throw against a wall??

no but I would love to club a baby seal....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Is he still talking?

Stairwayto7
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Is he still talking?

only when the win, so it should be a quiet week

TEEMONT
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM

like watching two monkeys try to **** the same football.....priceless...i will always remember this thread

Dean Denton
10-20-2008, 04:16 PM
He sucks it by choice too, just like Tom Brady...

Also, I too would like to club a baby seal.....lol

LatrobePA
10-20-2008, 04:21 PM
only when the win, so it should be a quiet week

This is true his sorry *** browns lost with all their starters so now no more excuses you f'n idiot!!

Just like I said DA is a JOKE not even close to a starting QB, they built their team around him and now they will lose with him!!

SteelerSteve
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM

your a D-hole. OWNED!!!!! The Steelers won the Browns lost. PERIOD. OWNED!

ejsteeler
10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
:popcorn:

DocHolliday1989
10-22-2008, 07:44 PM
I really think that if the Steelers can get back healthy and get our main guys back we can make a serious run in the playoffs this season. I think that there is a lot of games left so everyone knows anything can happen especially the way the league has been overrun with injuries. This upcoming 4 game stretch will tell us just how good our Steelers really are.
:crossfingers: